Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

**VID** my C6 Z06 vs 06 SRT10 Viper

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
wow,...great insight. That was an interesting lesson.

Mr,..... have you ever heard of Le mans? How about the Grand Sport? How about the 60's?... Do you remember those? Do you remember the Corvettes,..racing all those ferrari's,..Jaguars,..Lola's,...Shelby's?...

They've(Team Corvette) been ******* with the world for years. Posing? I'd say it's more the REAL DEAL then anything,..because it is what it is. A good, all round sports car that you don't have to win the lottery to afford. It's FULLY UPGRADEABLE....and affordable. Unlike your fam'd exotics, which, yes, are upgradeable, to extents but, with GREAT COST involved.

It'd be nice if the American people, actually started to root for American cars more, ya know.
Of course I've heard of Le Mans and I also realize that Ford and Chevy has had great success racing there. Hell Chevy and Ford have done very well in several series, not just Le Mans. I was merely stating the simple fact that people that buy exotics are unlikely to cross shop an American car and Vettes and Vipers are not viable options for those people. Its a fact not something I can control or change. If the word Poser was to be apllied it would have to apply to both. Please do not read into or translate what I said into something that wasn't intended.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Killemall
I do root for american cars....The FGT and VIPA.......My buddy has a 2007 C6Z06...When he first got it he paid like 82K for it brand new and the performance and everything made me think it was AWESOME!!!!

Now just 18 months later it's nonthing more than a vette that has depreciated from 82K to 50K...

I am far from rich by any means....So when my 2003 Viper was bought brand new for 84K by the origional owner and then sold to me 4 years later in 2007 for 53K...Well I thought that was a pretty good deal...And that it was holding it's value overall well

A 82K 2007 Z06 being worth 50K only 18 months later is just scary...

I just cant get over that and it makes the car seem quite the opposite from special to me...

I bet you'll see 2006 Z06's hit the 39K point this year..If a few havent already

I just want it all...Looks ..excluse ..exotic.. power ..handling.. power

Im just sitting on my nsx till the 2008 Vipers hit the 59K mark...Snake Skin Green coupe for me

Well, I guess i'm just a true lover of the product. I don't buy cars for resale value,...I buy them and KEEP them,... with no intension to sell,... i'd only sell, if I was in a bad situation,...like real bad.

Buy the car you want,...not what KELLY's or Edmunds suggest you buy.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I guess i'm just a true lover of the product. I don't buy cars for resale value,...I buy them and KEEP them,... with no intension to sell,... i'd only sell, if I was in a bad situation,...like real bad.

Buy the car you want,...not what KELLY's or Edmunds suggest you buy.
He's a magazine racing ricer in sheep's clothing. Period

The dude couldn't drive a Viper to save his life (TWO, totaled) and has now moved onto an NSX...The pinnacle of performance, says Car and Ricer magazine.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:57 AM
10 Second Club

I do root for american cars....The FGT and VIPA.......My buddy has a 2007 C6Z06...When he first got it he paid like 82K for it brand new and the performance and everything made me think it was AWESOME!!!!

Now just 18 months later it's nonthing more than a vette that has depreciated from 82K to 50K...

I am far from rich by any means....So when my 2003 Viper was bought brand new for 84K by the origional owner and then sold to me 4 years later in 2007 for 53K...Well I thought that was a pretty good deal...And that it was holding it's value overall well

A 82K 2007 Z06 being worth 50K only 18 months later is just scary...

I just cant get over that and it makes the car seem quite the opposite from special to me...

I bet you'll see 2006 Z06's hit the 39K point this year..If a few havent already

I just want it all...Looks ..excluse ..exotic.. power ..handling.. power

Im just sitting on my nsx till the 2008 Vipers hit the 59K mark...Snake Skin Green coupe for me

I bet you would really hate to have your feelings hurt by a TA...
Old 01-20-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Addict

wow,...great insight. That was an interesting lesson.

Mr,..... have you ever heard of Le mans? How about the Grand Sport? How about the 60's?... Do you remember those? Do you remember the Corvettes,..racing all those ferrari's,..Jaguars,..Lola's,...Shelby's?...

They've(Team Corvette) been ******* with the world for years. Posing? I'd say it's more the REAL DEAL then anything,..because it is what it is. A good, all round sports car that you don't have to win the lottery to afford. It's FULLY UPGRADEABLE....and affordable. Unlike your fam'd exotics, which, yes, are upgradeable, to extents but, with GREAT COST involved.

It'd be nice if the American people, actually started to root for American cars more, ya know.
Well said buddy! I cannot stand the looks on some folks faces down at the road racing events when they see the Z06. You said it perfectly... we need more american love so we can jump out of this rut we are in.

For what it is, the 08' viper IS NOT FASTER THAN A Z06. Drivers, sure, but equal drivers will not be in favor to the Viper. Also, gas mileage is an honest JOKE in the viper, the corvette is much more comfortable, upgrades are within reason and can make as much power as any viper can and out handle them if you want to go that route.

But, a viper is an american can and I love it because its built here in the states. Any else, no matter how much technology it has per lug nut, i.e. R35, you can have it. Thats is not to say I wouldn't buy one, but over an american built, 427ci corvette, no way!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by obZidian
Well said buddy! I cannot stand the looks on some folks faces down at the road racing events when they see the Z06. You said it perfectly... we need more american love so we can jump out of this rut we are in.

For what it is, the 08' viper IS NOT FASTER THAN A Z06. Drivers, sure, but equal drivers will not be in favor to the Viper. Also, gas mileage is an honest JOKE in the viper, the corvette is much more comfortable, upgrades are within reason and can make as much power as any viper can and out handle them if you want to go that route.

But, a viper is an american can and I love it because its built here in the states. Any else, no matter how much technology it has per lug nut, i.e. R35, you can have it. Thats is not to say I wouldn't buy one, but over an american built, 427ci corvette, no way!

Exactly.

We, without a DOUBT, NEED, Americans to give more love to American cars. STOP READING MOTORTREND, or ANY OF THOSE MAGIZINES. THEY'LL BRAIN WASH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Junkie

"with a Viper, you are getting exclusivity"

and with that...comes the typical viper mentality.

just becuae they made fewer of them, doesn't mean they are better.

hell if you want looks...spend your $80K on a 1st gen camaro, or any number of rare muscle cars.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Unfortunately the viper mentality is for real. On the forums, at the races, car shows... as if their **** don't stink.

No matter, cause they can keep that truck motor that will never see 6500rpms!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
The dude couldn't drive a Viper to save his life (TWO, totaled) and has now moved onto an NSX...The pinnacle of performance, says Car and Ricer magazine.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ohh little buddy you just nailed his ***!

seriously i have the worst headache in the world right now, and that comment right there made my almost spit my water all over the place.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by teke184
"with a Viper, you are getting exclusivity"

and with that...comes the typical viper mentality.

just becuae they made fewer of them, doesn't mean they are better.

hell if you want looks...spend your $80K on a 1st gen camaro, or any number of rare muscle cars.
+ like 5000000000 million, and if you ask me, the Viper is riced out, it has too much done to it. it looks faster than it actually is, you see it next to a vette and i personally think damn that car looks like its straight off the le mans track, and if it looks that way IMHO it should perform that way, and it just straight doesnt. the V-10 is ridiculous, really those extra 2 cylinders just add cost and weight to the car, which is one reason its the heaviest car in the class IIRC.

Vipers are nice for looks sure, but for anything else, i'd go for the Vette 100% of the time everytime.

Vipers are the cars you always want as a young kid because you think they are the best and the fastest, but in truth as i got older i realized, damn the vette is faster, cheaper, and has more of an aftermarket.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
+ like 5000000000 million, and if you ask me, the Viper is riced out, it has too much done to it. it looks faster than it actually is, you see it next to a vette and i personally think damn that car looks like its straight off the le mans track, and if it looks that way IMHO it should perform that way, and it just straight doesnt. the V-10 is ridiculous, really those extra 2 cylinders just add cost and weight to the car, which is one reason its the heaviest car in the class IIRC.

Vipers are nice for looks sure, but for anything else, i'd go for the Vette 100% of the time everytime.

Vipers are the cars you always want as a young kid because you think they are the best and the fastest, but in truth as i got older i realized, damn the vette is faster, cheaper, and has more of an aftermarket.
the 08 viper is faster handles better and stops quicker then the z06. I dont get your whole looks faster then it is arguement, the car is a monster.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Launching!

well what can I say....sure a zo6 is just as fast as the Viper right..thats why z06's regulary trapp around 124 and vipers regulary trapp around 127..nut hey what do I know right

Heres the Motor trend test between the Zr1 and 08 Viper...

You'll notice that the Viper ran an 11.8 at 128 mph and the ZR1 ran a 11.7 at 127 mph..Meaning that the Viper actually out trapped your ZR1...
Keep in mind that a 2003 Viper like I had would have only trapped around 121 mph in this test and a C6Z06 would have only been around 125 mph in this test...

As well the Viper did 0-150 mph in 16.4 seconds verses the ZR1's 17.1 seconds...Meaning it had a faster 1/4 mile mph qand a faster top end as well..

Keep in mind that a 2003 Viper like mine would have been in the 19.0 range and a C6Z06 would have been in the 17.9 range...

Some of you just arent getting it...2008 Vipers are MONSTERS...And it just demolished the ZR1 in the 0-150 mph test..

They are CONSTANTLY trapping in the 128-130 mph range..Not just one guy like Ranger or Jamie Furman..But guys you've never herd of simply because it is the norm..I cant even recall how any 2008 Viper guys posted that they trapped 128-130 mph there first time to the stripp....

Anyway..Ill let the Vid do the talking

http://www.dragtimes.com/blog/viper-...-sl65-heads-up
Old 01-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by obZidian
Unfortunately the viper mentality is for real. On the forums, at the races, car shows... as if their **** don't stink.

No matter, cause they can keep that truck motor that will never see 6500rpms!!!
We all know there are no Corvette stereotypes too!

I don't think the FIA GT, Speed GT, SCCA, Heffner Performance and Viper Racing League guys care about rpms above 6500....
Old 01-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Launching!

any one watching the vid i posted...

The 2008 Viper was faster than the 2009 ZR1 to 150 mph..

Whats really sad is that the Z06 has went 17.5-18.0 0-150 mph in a few rags and the ZR1 only hits 17.1?????

Dont get me wrong a ZR1 is a LITTLE faster straight line than a Z06 but the 16.4 0-150 put out by the Viper is Monstrous guys..

I will say this though..The ZR1 may only be slightly faster than the C6Z06..

127 mph trapps vs 125 mph traps and 0-150 in 17.1 vs 0-150 in 17.5..

But it rides better/handles better..And is much rarer " exotic" damn did I really just call a vette an exotic???? Well you wont find the word vette any where on the car..It is a Chevy ZR1...Ulike The Chevy "corvette" Z06...

And I also gotta say this..At 73K and only 500 HP the Z06 is really doing well straightline..The ZR1 or 08 Viper will hand it it's *** on a road course...But 125 mph trapps isnt at all far away from the ZR1's 127 or the 2008 Vipers 128 mph trapps...

When I get my Snake Skin Green 2008 Viper I will defiently be weary of a C6Z06 with evan a air intake
Old 01-25-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2j5bDlir_g
Old 01-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Village Idiot

The bottom line is Vipers and Z06's are both bad *** cars... Both look good and get major respect.... Don't tell me any of you guys wouldn't love to own either one of them....
Old 01-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Launching!

I would love to own another Viper..And will get a 2008...But Im very interested to see whats gonna happen with the nsx market now that Acura announced that no successor to the nsx will be made Currently a 1991 nsx is worth 25K-35K depending on miles/condition/modification..A year or so from now Im expecting that number to raise considerably

...I had the opertunity to buy a 2006 Z06 for 42K..It had intake/exhaust...

I passed...Because I knew that when I saw a Viper roll buy I would be second class...

Honestly...Until you've had the oppertunity to drive a Viper around it's hard to explain..

It's not just about how fast they are or what they look like or the handling or yada yada yada...

When your behind the wheel of a Viper you know that unless some one rolls up in a F360 or newer Ferrari or or newer lambo or FGT then you've got the baddest *** ride on the road..

Sure their will be a guy in a modded camaro or modded mustang or modded vette that may be faster than your stock Viper....But your the one in the Viper...

I can count how many times some one rolled up in a newer ferrari or newer lambo or ford GT on ZERO fingers while in my Viper...Meaning that their was never a time when I felt second rate..

Before I even made my decision on not getting that C6Z06 I knew I would regret it the second a guy rolled by in a Viper..Weather it be a 1996 GTS...2003 SRT10..Or 2008 SRT10 coupe..

They all have that "presence" that I feel the C6Z06 lacks...

I could go on and on....And I will...

I sometimes pass C6's and C6Z06's on my way to work in my nsx....They look over and rev ect. I dont even notice them anymore...I used to notice the C6Z06's but now Im seeing around 1 per week and well.....Just nonthing exciting about them to me anymore...

On the other hand my old *** 1991 nsx gets attention non stop from them and everyone else..It's slow as hell...Old as hell...I only paid 35K for it..A good 10-15K less than what C6Z06's were selling for at the time..But looks and rarity go a long wayy..Much farther than some of you like to admit....

I suppose Im preaching to the choir here....But ...haaa...never mind...

Anyways..Perfect time for a photo opt
Attached Thumbnails **VID** my C6 Z06 vs 06 SRT10 Viper-nsx-truck-pond-005.jpg   **VID** my C6 Z06 vs 06 SRT10 Viper-nsx-truck-pond-026.jpg   **VID** my C6 Z06 vs 06 SRT10 Viper-nsx-truck-pond-008.jpg   **VID** my C6 Z06 vs 06 SRT10 Viper-nsx-truck-pond-020.jpg   **VID** my C6 Z06 vs 06 SRT10 Viper-nsx-truck-pond-025.jpg  

Old 01-26-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

So let me get this straight wreckemall. You're going to buy an 85k dollar car that has more RWHP stock than both of your two modded wrecked Vipers....you would think common sense would dictate that you can barely control the NSX after it hits VTAAAAAKKKKKKKKK!!! that you would stay away from the Viper.....but I guess here comes another car on wreckedexotics.com
Old 01-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Launching!

iF THATS THE CASE THEN THATS THE CASE....BUT I WRECKED THOSE CARS DOIN WHAT THEY WERE MENT TO BE DOIN..RUNNIN EM HARD...IM HAPPY TO BE ALIVE AND HAVE SINCE MATURED AS FAR AS STREET RACING IS CONCERNED..

BESIDES..IT'S GONNA BE PRETTY KOOL WHEN IM AN OLDER GENTLEMAN AND CAN TELL MY STORIES OF HOW I WRECKED TO VIPERS STREET RACIN WHEN I WAS YOUNG..

HOW MANY WILL HAVE STORIES LIKE THAT TO TELL??????

STREET RACIN IS ADDICTIVE AND DANGEROUS AND I HOPE NONE OF US HAVE MY SAME BAD LUCK...

HAPPY AND SAFE MOTORING/RACIN GUYS...
Old 01-26-2009, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

But looks and rarity go a long wayy..Much farther than some of you like to admit....
When it comes to value, yes. When it comes to general preference, not so much. I think my WS6 is the best looking car ever made. It doesn't have a sexy, super flashy look to it, but it's the most aggressive looking car on the road, and I like that. Rarity isn't a big deal to me, but my car is becoming more rare every day because of people who wreck theirs.