Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'00 Vette v/s 08 TB SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time to let this thread die. I'm half tempted to delete it because I feel anytime someone posts something, everyone is a skeptic. Hell if I posted the I smashed a stock 2000 vette with my 99 TA, there would still be someone to say no way in hell. If you think it's BS then think that, but I have enough commonsense about me to know what happened. Maybe his 4L60 was slipping pretty damn bad I don't know and that is why he backed out? Who knows, I just posted what happenned, take it or leave it. Hell I smashed an 02 Z06catback only while all I had in my 99 at the time was longtubes, catback, 4.10s and tune putting down 330/337 to the wheels from a roll. Let me guess that is impossible too.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Dude come on. You have one car putting maybe 20 more hp to the ground than the other and one who weighs 1500 pounds miore and you ask why evryone is a skeptic?? Something istn right.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DVS99TRANS
I just wish HEMI still had the same mind set it did 30+ years ago, lol. Most people that buy them just say, yeah it has a Hemi, lol Both trucks are bad *** and I do believe the SRT8's are a tad faster from what I have seen but haven't had the luck of running into one yet.
I don't get it. There is no question stock for stock the SRT-8s are faster.

Time to let this thread die. I'm half tempted to delete it because I feel anytime someone posts something, everyone is a skeptic.
When it doesn't add up, it's the nature of the beast.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Teching In

People need to remember that anything can happen on the streets... And don't forget, we are talking about a new ss vs. a 8 year old vette. Maybe the owner of the 2000 vette has not taken care of his car and it doesn't run as good as it used to...
Old 01-05-2009, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chuck01
People need to remember that anything can happen on the streets... And don't forget, we are talking about a new ss vs. a 8 year old vette. Maybe the owner of the 2000 vette has not taken care of his car and it doesn't run as good as it used to...
Exactly, thank you for someone finally posting it. I'm not talking about a LS2 or LS3 for that matter. A stock LS1 vette is beatable by alot of damn vehicles including new Mustang GTs because I have seen it. Now if I posted that I won again a C6 then I would call BS on myself. Come on people...
Old 01-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Staging Lane

Come on people...
Do you really expect people to just type "nice kill" without any questions or speculation?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:33 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Dude come on. You have one car putting maybe 20 more hp to the ground than the other and one who weighs 1500 pounds miore and you ask why evryone is a skeptic?? Something istn right.
Originally Posted by chuck01
Exactly, thank you for someone finally posting it. I'm not talking about a LS2 or LS3 for that matter. A stock LS1 vette is beatable by alot of damn vehicles including new Mustang GTs because I have seen it. Now if I posted that I won again a C6 then I would call BS on myself. Come on people...
now re-read all these DVS, we never said we didnt believe it happened, we simply stated that it didnt seem right, and that something had to be wrong with the vette, because in a perfect word [yes i know this isnt and its a street race] the vette if in top running order would deliver a killing to the TBSS from a roll.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:39 AM
12 Second Club

.....or the vette was an m6 who had it in 5th and didn't down shift thinking he'd pull away..... sooooo, nice kill.... are they "roomy" suvs, I may be looking for something within the next year
Old 01-06-2009, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

^ haha or that too
Old 01-06-2009, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

No it was a 4L60, they are pretty damn comfortable and the rear seats have tons of leg room too. Best I have seen with it though is 22mpg doing 45-50mph on the highway. Anything over that and can watch the mpg go bye bye The reason why I am getting impatient is because people keep saying the same thing and I keep answering the same way. And I do agree that a well kept C5 vette with some one will to use it right would have killed me. And I don't deny that but that isn't what happened though. Sorry if I sound like a poor sport. Just trying to justify my claim if you see where I'm coming from. Hell I beat a vette and I wasn't supposed too, believe me I understand.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:26 AM
12 Second Club

No it was a 4L60, they are pretty damn comfortable and the rear seats have tons of leg room too. Best I have seen with it though is 22mpg doing 45-50mph on the highway. Anything over that and can watch the mpg go bye bye The reason why I am getting impatient is because people keep saying the same thing and I keep answering the same way. And I do agree that a well kept C5 vette with some one will to use it right would have killed me. And I don't deny that but that isn't what happened though. Sorry if I sound like a poor sport. Just trying to justify my claim if you see where I'm coming from. Hell I beat a vette and I wasn't supposed too, believe me I understand.
Then lets all have a drink

and chillax

congrats on a good kill!