Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I killed a GTO in my stock civic (kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 03:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I killed a GTO in my stock civic (kinda long)

Well first of all I was in my daily driver (2000 White Civic Ex 2Dr) which I bought so I wouldn't put as many miles on the vette. So it's around 10pm just got off work, no traffic at all and I'm cruising down the freeway going about 90 in the fast lane, rest of the traffic is probably doing 80 or so and I'm passing cars not racing or driving dangerously or anything just on my way home, cruising at 90 when I see headlights in my rearview mirror swing in behind me and start coming up fast. I thought about moving over to the right lane and let him pass but at the time all 3 lanes to the right of me were open so I figured he'd just pass me. Nope, he gets on my *** and starts doing the whole letting off and punching it to get back on my bumper over and over again. So finally he hauls *** and swoops over to the lane next to me and downshifts and it sounds mean as hell. That's when I realized it was a black GTO on 20's, an 06' or newer because it had dual exhaust. Now at the time I'm confused because why the hell would he want to race me? A civic, really! So he keeps punching it over and over and waiting for me to catch up every time. By this time about 10 minutes have past and my drive home is about 20 minutes, so this guy just really wanted to race or something. So I look ahead and don't see much traffic and my radar isn't picking up anything so finally I just drop it to 3rd and floor it past him and a second later he hauls *** by me, obviously smoking the **** out of meDuh! I got up to about 110mph and let off and he was way ahead. Then I see his brake lights come on and stay on which means he was slowing down, so this guy was now waiting for me to catch up to him againWTF!!! So I come up on his left side (I'm still in the fast lane) and I hear him downshift again and he wants to do it again. So now I'm kind of getting frustrated that this guy won't leave me alone so I slow down to about 80, normal flow of traffic and he still stays next to me and now my on ramp is coming up to get on another freeway and I know he's not gonna let me switch lanes so I'm like what the hell do I do. What happened next was freakin genius I still can't believe it. My radar starts going off, so I punch it hoping he bites and sure enough he punches it and takes off and I quickly shut off my headlights and let off and got on the brakes and went over 4 lanes and barely got onto the on ramp, meanwhile he is hauling *** (I can hear his exhaust) not knowing I'm not even behind him anymore, and as I'm entering the curve on the onramp I see the cop as he turns his flashers on and that's the last I saw. I started laughing the whole way home which was a couple minutes away, I laughed so hard my stomach started hurting. So that's my kill story even though I got "killed" once. I just hope I see him again when I finish the cam swap on my vette then we'll see who picks on who
Old 12-31-2008, 06:31 AM
TECH Resident

I was driving my Cavalier and a WRX STI was tring to race me cause i was driving fast home (can't remember the reason lol) we hit a light. Hes revving, sounded so nice, light goes green and within 2 seconds he is 10 plus cars ahead then i see the lights go on. In the other lane coming over the hill was the 5-0, i downshifted, the cop turned around in front of me and the sti tried to make a run after turning off. I went back to check it out and the sti guy was sitting in the back of the cop car and the cops were picking through his car lol... I used to see that car all the time and now i never see it so i don't know what happened.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01MaroZ28
Well first of all I was in my daily driver (2000 White Civic Ex 2Dr) which I bought so I wouldn't put as many miles on the vette. So it's around 10pm just got off work, no traffic at all and I'm cruising down the freeway going about 90 in the fast lane, rest of the traffic is probably doing 80 or so and I'm passing cars not racing or driving dangerously or anything just on my way home, cruising at 90 when I see headlights in my rearview mirror swing in behind me and start coming up fast. I thought about moving over to the right lane and let him pass but at the time all 3 lanes to the right of me were open so I figured he'd just pass me. Nope, he gets on my *** and starts doing the whole letting off and punching it to get back on my bumper over and over again. So finally he hauls *** and swoops over to the lane next to me and downshifts and it sounds mean as hell. That's when I realized it was a black GTO on 20's, an 06' or newer because it had dual exhaust. Now at the time I'm confused because why the hell would he want to race me? A civic, really! So he keeps punching it over and over and waiting for me to catch up every time. By this time about 10 minutes have past and my drive home is about 20 minutes, so this guy just really wanted to race or something. So I look ahead and don't see much traffic and my radar isn't picking up anything so finally I just drop it to 3rd and floor it past him and a second later he hauls *** by me, obviously smoking the **** out of meDuh! I got up to about 110mph and let off and he was way ahead. Then I see his brake lights come on and stay on which means he was slowing down, so this guy was now waiting for me to catch up to him againWTF!!! So I come up on his left side (I'm still in the fast lane) and I hear him downshift again and he wants to do it again. So now I'm kind of getting frustrated that this guy won't leave me alone so I slow down to about 80, normal flow of traffic and he still stays next to me and now my on ramp is coming up to get on another freeway and I know he's not gonna let me switch lanes so I'm like what the hell do I do. What happened next was freakin genius I still can't believe it. My radar starts going off, so I punch it hoping he bites and sure enough he punches it and takes off and I quickly shut off my headlights and let off and got on the brakes and went over 4 lanes and barely got onto the on ramp, meanwhile he is hauling *** (I can hear his exhaust) not knowing I'm not even behind him anymore, and as I'm entering the curve on the onramp I see the cop as he turns his flashers on and that's the last I saw. I started laughing the whole way home which was a couple minutes away, I laughed so hard my stomach started hurting. So that's my kill story even though I got "killed" once. I just hope I see him again when I finish the cam swap on my vette then we'll see who picks on who

I hate when people do that... its the fast/passing lane way! Good job getting a fellow car enthusiast a ticket when you were a douche about getting over!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01MaroZ28

Hahahaha, genius!!!!! but you shoulda tried to pull of the INFAMOUS ricer flyby!!!! hahaha j/k
Old 12-31-2008, 09:32 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
I hate when people do that... its the fast/passing lane way! Good job getting a fellow car enthusiast a ticket when you were a douche about getting over!
Chill bro! it was prolly that know it all summerwolf over on the GTO section and he needs a reality check!!! sounds like something he would do!!! besides if the Goat was just tryin to pass then he would have gone on his way once he got past the civic ex() he was just tryin to pick on a lil 130 hp turd!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:38 AM
12 Second Club

this is one of the only other times i might agree with a stanger anger . . .

but when there is 3 open lanes and you are in the far left not going much faster than the speed limit, then my friend you need to get over and let people going faster by.

on another hand thou, sounds like the GTO kinda deserved it cause he was actin like a dousche bag. 20's on an enthuisiast's[sp] car? maybe bling enthuisiast[sp]
Old 12-31-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Oh man CuNfUzEd will have a field day with this thread
Old 12-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
this is one of the only other times i might agree with a stanger anger . . .

but when there is 3 open lanes and you are in the far left not going much faster than the speed limit, then my friend you need to get over and let people going faster by.

on another hand thou, sounds like the GTO kinda deserved it cause he was actin like a dousche bag. 20's on an enthuisiast's[sp] car? maybe bling enthuisiast[sp]
Had he moved over into the slower lanes and the GTO did all of this, then I would say he deserved it. Even when I drive a little faster than what is posted I move over into the slow lane. When I have to get over to pass i pass and then get right back over. On the AUTOBAHN its illegal to stall traffic in the fast lane. MOVE B**TCH GET OUT THE WAY GET OUT THE WAY!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

sounds like a ******* gto driver. we all do that . our cars are soooo slow we have to pick on honda's to feel fast. maybe the favor will be returned to you in the future.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jmdgto
sounds like a ******* gto driver. we all do that . our cars are soooo slow we have to pick on honda's to feel fast. maybe the favor will be returned to you in the future.
I think Hyundia would be better for you guys to run. Don't race a Tibby though. It would get nasty for you GOAT boys.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

MOVE B**TCH GET OUT THE WAY GET OUT THE WAY!
I'm doin' a hundred on the highway
So if you do the speed limit, get the **** outta my way
I'm D.U.I., hardly ever caught sober
and you about to get ran the **** over

move bitch! get out the waaaaaay!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

I have done similiar stuff to kids being stupid. I get next to them at the red light, rev the engine and fiddle with the shifter and other stuff on the dash. When the light turns green I sit there and watch the cops go after them. If people are being idiots I leave them alone, but darting through traffic putting people in damage, easy way to stop them when the cops are around.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

but when there is 3 open lanes and you are in the far left not going much faster than the speed limit, then my friend you need to get over and let people going faster by. [sp]
He was going 90 in a 65 thats way over the speed limit (25mph) he had every right to stay in the fast lane if he is going that speed. It seems like to me the gto would have raced him either way because he stayed behind him so long.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Teal94Z
He was going 90 in a 65 thats way over the speed limit (25mph) he had every right to stay in the fast lane if he is going that speed. It seems like to me the gto would have raced him either way because he stayed behind him so long.
yea but still the left lane is the fast lane, in phoenix, if you arent going 25 over you are slowing traffic down. the only time people here slow on the highway is when there is a traffic camera up ahead. otherwise its right foot to the floor!

ohh and that only sounds like he is going fast because you have a "04 Ninja 250" haha!

but seriously, those things are like what 1700 bucks brand new? better than a moped if you ask me!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

He was going 90, though. he wasn't doing the speed limit in the left lane.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

haha thats great
Old 12-31-2008, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

The worst part in all of this is a GTO challenged a Civic to a race. I often cruise the speed limit in the right lane because I'm in no hurry.. people blow by me all the time that I'd never think about racing.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:45 PM
12 Second Club

cgslow77 i think i need a new keyboard i just 'd all over this one from your avatar. mommy ohh mommy i want some milk
Old 12-31-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cgslow77
haha thats great

OMFG!!! your profile pics GREAT!!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

cgslow77 i think i need a new keyboard i just 'd all over this one from your avatar. mommy ohh mommy i want some milk
I would REALLY have to agree!!!! And you beat me to it!!!!!!!!!