Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock 2003 Z06 (with 19's and 20's) vs 383 F-Body and Stalled F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Yeah but what about those pullied Cobras that only trap 116-118 and those C5Z06s that trap 118-120? Its not probable but very possible, Ive seen pullied Cobras get beat by stock Zs on many occasions. But then again Ive watched pullied Cobras take down cammed and full bolt-on Z06s, its not a black and white subject.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by capn smokey
^Yeah but what about those pullied Cobras that only trap 116-118 and those C5Z06s that trap 118-120? Its not probable but very possible, Ive seen pullied Cobras get beat by stock Zs on many occasions. But then again Ive watched pullied Cobras take down cammed and full bolt-on Z06s, its not a black and white subject.
Good point about the trap speed. I was referring to races at the track
more so than from a roll where it's all about ET. I was trapping 120-121mph
with the pulley. I never had any problems at all with stock Z06's...even
from a roll.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Banned

^Ehh, I guess we have to say "anything can happen on the street". I hate using that but its true, if you try to make it a clear cut thing then you will get confused because there are multiple vids to back up either argument. Id like to say power to weight is all that matters but that s/c lowe end can make up for that and on the highway sometimes even trap speeds dont tell the whole story.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

What is so amazingly fast about a stock c5 zo6?

Its basically a very mild h/c ls1 f-body with a few hundred pounds taken out of it ( my f-bod was 3297).

They sure as hell arent going to set the world on fire.

I have beat the living **** out of a stock 03 before.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to agree with that too. That's twice in the same thread!

^Ehh, I guess we have to say "anything can happen on the street". I hate using that but its true, if you try to make it a clear cut thing then you will get confused because there are multiple vids to back up either argument. Id like to say power to weight is all that matters but that s/c lowe end can make up for that and on the highway sometimes even trap speeds dont tell the whole story.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good point. Like they say every car runs different.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chavez885
Isn't this your car? And I'm well aware of what c5 z's are capable of.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/r...bra_166327.htm
Yes sir that was, quite awhile back as well when i was greenhorn. Its pretty well said i damn good driver in any 6spd car can do some damage. Im not the best but im no slouch either, but some cars tend to run harder than others, what some would call freaks. A pullied cobra ported or not should always pull harder up top same as i expected for the 383 car. Then again if you dont research your build on your motor properly or have a good tune all your cubic inchs, your big cam, or ported heads arent worth a damn. Its harder to build bad *** n/a motor than it is build a full bolt on cobra.
I have no clue what my main point is Just thought id throw my scrambled two cents.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FrkEBz06
Yes sir that was, quite awhile back as well when i was greenhorn. Its pretty well said i damn good driver in any 6spd car can do some damage. Im not the best but im no slouch either, but some cars tend to run harder than others, what some would call freaks. A pullied cobra ported or not should always pull harder up top same as i expected for the 383 car. Then again if you dont research your build on your motor properly or have a good tune all your cubic inchs, your big cam, or ported heads arent worth a damn. Its harder to build bad *** n/a motor than it is build a full bolt on cobra.
I have no clue what my main point is Just thought id throw my scrambled two cents.
LOL all good bro, agreed.