Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Loss to bolt-on Z28 & modded Silverado?..

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Loss to bolt-on Z28 & modded Silverado?..

So my 1st loss, was to the Z28

MY MODS: Stock SLP Blackwing lid, CME exhaust & FTRA

Z28'S MODS: Longtube Header's & im sure Exhaust (all he mentioned were the header's)

ROLL RACE: We were at a red light, took off & at around 30 we hit it. He pulls on me from the start, but im able to finally stop his pull and looked to have maybe gained a little back on him and it just seemed to be a standstill after that. He didnt gain anymore, i couldnt pull him in anymore. We got up to about 90 to 100, before we shut it down with the nose of my car at the end of his door's to back wheels. Got to a redlight, that's when i asked him what he had. Told me "header's", then asked if i had "header's". Told him, no pretty much stock with a ram air kit.

QUESTION: My car is said to have the 345HP package from SLP. Does it actually put down that hp?? If it does, could this guy have had anything else to beat me, besides LT's??? He also thought i had longtubes, when he asked me for my mods.

OVERALL: I was impressed with his car and happy with the outcome. I mean, yeaa i lost but i was happy on how well my car ran against this Z28.

Now for the 2nd race...

SILVERADO'S MODS: Bolt On's, Cammed, & possibly Sprayed w/ an LS2 motor (asked a friend about it, told me he think's it has an LS2 in it & believes the guy does spray. Did varify, that it's bolt-on & cammed though)

DIG RACE: We played around for awhile, hitting it back & forth. Finally got ourselves a red light, at this point. He rolls the window down, points and let's me know. He wants to go when it hits green. So im down...

Light hits green, we hit it and i screwed myself from the start with a shitty take off and spinning the tires a bit. So i had to let off a bit, before i hit it again. He got himself a nice take off and put a good car & a half length on me, before i finally got the car really going. I notice i began to slowly pull him back in, but at this point. His lead's big enough, and when we shut it down at around 90...i was a car length behind.

OVERALL: My 1st loss to a truck, and i have to say. That damn truck, not only sounded very good but ran damn good too. Really impressed me, wish i couldve got a better take off though. To really see, how the outcome wouldve been. Gonna start practicing my take off's alot more, hopefully i can finally get a feel for the car and do alot better in dig races.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:45 PM
***Repost Police***

Basically all LS1s put down the same 350hp at the crank, regardless of what they are rated at. But some cars run better than others. Good runs
Old 12-23-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

Ahh ok, i was curious about that. Didnt know if header's wouldve helped out that much. I pulled hard on a stock Z28, so when he only said "header's" and he beat me by that much. Had me wondering if his car just run's that good or he had other mods.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:39 PM
***Repost Police***

Longtubes really do make a big difference.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Teching In

Props to posting losses! It's good to know that this site isn't just a bunch of guys posting wins and holding out on reality. Ls1's are damn good, but we have to remember that there will ALWAYS be somebody faster. Those sleepers can catch anybody. But anyway, time to mod! And good job man-ing up and posting a loss.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:57 AM
10 Second Club

Honorable deaths. I bet the truck WAS spraying.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:51 AM
12 Second Club

Long tubes and a tune make a big differance, i went from 316 hp to 354 hp. My 1/4 time changed some as well, alot had to do with improving my 60', stock i hit a 13.7 @ 103, with l/t's i hit 12.7 @ 111
Old 12-24-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZEPHYR-ILL
Props to posting losses! It's good to know that this site isn't just a bunch of guys posting wins and holding out on reality. Ls1's are damn good, but we have to remember that there will ALWAYS be somebody faster. Those sleepers can catch anybody. But anyway, time to mod! And good job man-ing up and posting a loss.
Yeaa, i have no problem posting losses. These are honorable death's, along with the 03/04 Cobra i lost to about a month ago. It also helps to see, if the results are about right.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:47 PM
12 Second Club

gotta watch out for some trucks.. ive surprised a few in my dodge truck, raced friends 07gt in it and pulled him thru about 80, good races though
Old 12-24-2008, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by IMgettingLS1
gotta watch out for some trucks.. ive surprised a few in my dodge truck, raced friends 07gt in it and pulled him thru about 80, good races though
Yeaa i know what you mean. My friend used to have an 07 Tundra with Intake & Dumped Exhaust. He gave my Z28 a run one time, till about 90 or so. Then i began to walk on him. For the most part, i have random ppl in non-modded or lifted truck's try to race me.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Badguy7
Yeaa i know what you mean. My friend used to have an 07 Tundra with Intake & Dumped Exhaust. He gave my Z28 a run one time, till about 90 or so. Then i began to walk on him. For the most part, i have random ppl in non-modded or lifted truck's try to race me.
ya i know it, when i take my formula out no one races it seems like, but when im in the truck all the ricers try lol, guess they think just another red neck in a hemi..lol
Old 12-24-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

Nice kill and death, any more info on the truck? what size cab, what color?
There are lots of really fast trucks in Texas
Old 12-25-2008, 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

I doubt the truck was spraying. It isn't uncommon for a cammed bolt-on truck to see the low 13's and a few can get into the 12's.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 95 bright teal
Nice kill and death, any more info on the truck? what size cab, what color?
There are lots of really fast trucks in Texas
It was an extended Cab Silverado, 2 tone scheme with Red and a baige type color on the bottom. Im trying to think of the model style year, im not sure if it's the late 90's to early 2000 body style front end or the 03's & so on front end kinda like your truck in your sig. I just cant remember what the front end looked like....Nice looking truck, lowered with some wheel's. Other then that, idk anything else...if i can find him again sometime and get another run. Ill try and find out, exactly everything he has but from what my friend told me and from what i could tell. It was cammed, bolt ons, possibly sprayed and upgraded to an LS2 motor.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by IMgettingLS1
ya i know it, when i take my formula out no one races it seems like, but when im in the truck all the ricers try lol, guess they think just another red neck in a hemi..lol
haha yeaa, i once had a regular cobalt rev it upto me right when i had just finished getting a ticket dismissed and walked out the police station. This car has no mods what so ever, i could barely hear the engine reving at the same time lol idk what engine those car's have but i couldnt help but laugh. I threw the rev at him later as i passed by him, while he was with his chick. Guess he didnt wanna go this time lol
Old 12-25-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by thiems
I doubt the truck was spraying. It isn't uncommon for a cammed bolt-on truck to see the low 13's and a few can get into the 12's.
Yeaa i dont think he sprayed at all. I did get a shitty start to, so he wouldnt have needed to spray when i had to play catch up from the start.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Staging Lane

wow... wished LT's made that much diff on our little 4.6 3V's... makes sense though. the exhaust setup on the f-body is ridiculous. open those puppies up and you gain a lot on the exhaust side. tune along with the LT's yeah... 30+hp. nice!

Originally Posted by calz28
Long tubes and a tune make a big differance, i went from 316 hp to 354 hp. My 1/4 time changed some as well, alot had to do with improving my 60', stock i hit a 13.7 @ 103, with l/t's i hit 12.7 @ 111

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 12-25-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Ok, i found out the mods on the Truck. It's not an LS2, but the LS1 with Bolt On's, Cammed & Sprayed. My friend texted me and let me know that he just found out. This same truck just beat an SRT8 Charger (who also has a nitrous shot) lastnight.