Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got away and kept my car.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 12:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got away and kept my car.

I was dropping off a girlfriend last Saturday night. I usually do not race in Los Angeles County because of that new bullshit about they will seize your car. We are heading north on Canoga, a street that is good for racing because of lack of cross streets, in my younger days anyways. This jerk in a modded 81' Z28 just kept ******* with me. For 3 miles he just kept riding my ***, cutting me off, and just being a dick. Not sure what he had but is sounded good.Anyway he did one of those 'almost hitting you lane changes' and cuts me off for the last time. I decided to run him, being egged on by the girl in my passanger seat helped with the 'smart' decision. Anyway I blow by this guy, who went on the red , like he threw the car in reverse. Feeling good I get ahead by about 8 cars @ 85-90mph. He gets on my *** again! As I watch the clown behind me I see a full size Crown Vic dart out of a empty parking lot about 2 blocks behind. I can not see a light bar, too far and dark, but he is gaining speed quick and I decide to do a Smokey & The Bandit. I hit it and hit 100 mph, street turns left and I take it at 70. Blow a stop sign (no cars anywhere) make a left, the street curves after 1/2 block putting me out of view. As this all happens I notice behind the 81' Z28 was trying to follow, but never made it to the stop sign. I saw the street lit by his headlights, but he never cam in view (got stopped?) His slow car made a nice barrier for me. I wound up doubleling back to the same street and went the other direction. I not 100% sure if it was a cop, but better to be safe than sorry. I have to think next time.
Old 09-29-2003, 12:58 PM
STF Veteran

Default Re: Got away and kept my car.

you got ***** my man, i'll give you that. personally, i'd never run from the cops unless i was positive i knew the area better than him, i had a good lead, and... hell i dunno, i was temporarlly out of my mind. hah.

couple months back i was on this minor highway when a guy in a wrx was ******* with me. we ended up doing over 100 down the highway (speed limit 50), passing this bigass blue car which was the only other car on the road. then the bigass blue car starts trying to catch up with us. wrx takes the next rigth real hard cause he's smarter than i am. i stop at the light ahead of me... blue car (NOW i see it's a crown vic) comes barrelling down behind me. suddenly behind me, it's christmas. i'm like "oh ****. there goes my car and my license"... nope. cop flicks the lights off. pulls up beside me, mouths the words "SLOW DOWN" and i just nod my head dumbly and he takes off down the same road the wrx took.

i don't know if he was going after the subaru, or just was on his way back to the station and didn't care or what... but man i am now convinced that there are at least a FEW cool cops out there. my previous experiences had led me to believe otherwise.
Old 09-29-2003, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice, i bet your adreniline was pumping
Old 09-29-2003, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill. California laws have always been a bunch of crap.
Old 09-29-2003, 02:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn dude dont get impounded before we race !!!!
Old 09-29-2003, 02:33 PM
Launching!

damn dude dont get impounded before we race !!!!

You better watch your *** too. You know live there. If we do race we should go to Ventura County. I was lucky once, don't know if I can pull it off again. I wish there was a track close by.
Old 09-29-2003, 02:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

i am with you better safe than sorry
Old 09-29-2003, 08:50 PM
blownerator

Man,I thought that was you that night! Better stay outta the Valley for a while, they will remember your car!

Hey 281, have not seen you on the street. Where have you been?
Old 09-30-2003, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

im chillin dude i seen your truck parked at your house on platt ! dude we live hella close !
Old 09-30-2003, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Hey just remember, it's not running from the cops till they get behind you with their lights on. With that being said, i've lost a few cops out on some county roads. I don't recomend this.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Hey just remember, it's not running from the cops till they get behind you with their lights on. With that being said, i've lost a few cops out on some county roads. I don't recomend this.
Yeah, but when you let it get that far, it's too late. I think it is easier to loose cops in the city at night. There are just too many places to hide. You WILL run every time if you will loose your car. Not impounded.....gone!

Blownchevy, I went to The Valley the next day. I doubt the cop got a good look at me. It was dark, my car is black, and I was doing 80 when he saw me. I don't think they will put out an APB on all black camaros.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

yep, i would doubt the APB on the Black maros alsom