Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02' CETA vs Nasty Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 12:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02' CETA vs Nasty Lightning

OK, had a bit of a rematch with FastTruck on Saturday evening. I raced his race being a 20/25 roll to about 70. He is running KB blower with all your bolt-ons and a smaller pulley, with Hoosier tires, gears, and...about 570 whp I think based on his post on an earlier thread. I was running a 75 shot on mine with street tires.

I know he runs a solid 1/4 in that truck so wanted to see how mine would line up at that speed and if it would track up.

We lined up the first time and we both took off with me tracking but hit 2nd and lit the tires. Fasttruck launched straight and not a squeak of the tires taking off hard and straight. 2nd gear he pulled as I spun but seemed reasonably close outside that.

Ran a second time from about 25 and we launched evenly off the go, hit 2nd and lit the tires up again putting him 1 - 1 1/2 cars up letting off just before 3rd.

All in all it showed me what I wanted to know...better tires and some more suspension mods and the car would definitley run good 1/4 times based on his time in the truck. We will try again perhaps at the end of the month when my tires, and sub-frame connectors are on the car.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like decent runs - what are his 'solid' 1/4 times ???

Bird
Old 01-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Teching In

No vid? C'mon man. lol. J/k I know its not always possible to have a vid on hand. Why did you stop at 70? I would guess you would reel him in strong on thr big end.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:31 PM
10 Second Club

We were just messing around...I was by myself so could not video..need a riding partner more often.

Last edited by 02txceta; 01-05-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Whats his trap? You should pull him from a roll. Lightnings have the aerodynamics of a BARN.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

with tires, and the ability to hook would be interesting.

Last edited by 02txceta; 01-05-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02txceta
118-119. with tires, and the ability to hook would be interesting.
He traps that? You trap that on motor dont you and you were spraying a 75 shot also...right?
Old 01-04-2009, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

118 was my best motor run with the feathered launch. I think with tires and a bit more suspension upgrade and it would be interesting. yes and I think the 75 actually hurt more than helped here. Yes, he traps that consistently.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Teching In

You N/A with him would be good...
Old 01-05-2009, 11:57 AM

OK, had a bit of a rematch with FastTruck on Saturday evening. I raced his race being a 20/25 roll to about 70. He is running KB blower with all your bolt-ons and a smaller pulley, with Hoosier tires, gears, and...about 570 whp I think based on his post on an earlier thread. I was running a 75 shot on mine with street tires.

I know he runs a solid 1/4 in that truck so wanted to see how mine would line up at that speed and if it would track up.

We lined up the first time and we both took off with me tracking but hit 2nd and lit the tires. Fasttruck launched straight and not a squeak of the tires taking off hard and straight. 2nd gear he pulled as I spun but seemed reasonably close outside that.

Ran a second time from about 25 and we launched evenly off the go, hit 2nd and lit the tires up again putting him 1 - 1 1/2 cars up letting off just before 3rd.

All in all it showed me what I wanted to know...better tires and some more suspension mods and the car would definitley run good 1/4 times based on his time in the truck. We will try again perhaps at the end of the month when my tires, and sub-frame connectors are on the car.
Good Runs for sure but the ol truck is not making quite that much power (570 rwhp I wish). My trap speed will also vary depending on air quality of course. Get some tires and we can try it again, but I think I will up my boost for good measure LOL. Dont forget my brother was riding with me also and that is added weight.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fasttruck
Good Runs for sure but the ol truck is not making quite that much power (570 rwhp I wish). My trap speed will also vary depending on air quality of course. Get some tires and we can try it again, but I think I will up my boost for good measure LOL. Dont forget my brother was riding with me also and that is added weight.
adding one person to a huge barn doesnt hardly add any weight at all

jp but nice race guys! go from a higher roll, since he got his race, why didnt you get yours?
Old 01-05-2009, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
adding one person to a huge barn doesnt hardly add any weight at all

jp but nice race guys! go from a higher roll, since he got his race, why didnt you get yours?
I would disagree on that depending on what the person weighs. It was also not my race per say it was just how we did as we were on a side road. We have run before on the higher end also.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:11 PM
12 Second Club

I would disagree on that depending on what the person weighs. It was also not my race per say it was just how we did as we were on a side road. We have run before on the higher end also.
haha yea i agree with you it does def make a difference, was just givin you a hard time, and my bad i must have read something wrong

but yea if he had a good rear and some stickies i'd be willing to bet it'd be a good race from a dig.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
haha yea i agree with you it does def make a difference, was just givin you a hard time, and my bad i must have read something wrong

but yea if he had a good rear and some stickies i'd be willing to bet it'd be a good race from a dig.
It would definately be a good one when he gets his tires and suspension stuff done.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:16 PM
12 Second Club

well get your brother to video tape it next time! or someone at least!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Fasttruck- throw us some pics. I LOVE lightnings. I would have bought one but i got too good a deal on my fbody. I bet the KB on the thing is killer on the street with all that torque.

02txceta- Beautiful car sir. Good runs also. Get some rubber and go round 3.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah..I was gonna say, 570RWHp on stock bottom end.....aren't you around 500? Even that's 'pushing' an L's stock bottom.

Nice runs though guys. It's always good to read these friendly/respectful races.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Nice runs though guys. It's always good to read these friendly/respectful races.
althought i loving arguing in the stupid threads, ^ i agree x like 99 trillion billions.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:56 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, Fasttruck is an super guy and I am sure we will have somewhat of an ongoing rivalry.. My bad, had thought you posted that power range in your truck..560-570..

thanks for the compliment..it is a fun car and pulls pretty well. I'll run him in March on the track in my GN...on loooww boost...lol.

He has outdone me thus far, but his time is coming.

The low end was his run as is worthless to me with the tire spin. No excuses there but would be interesting now at 55 or so with my 75 going.

Post some pics of that bad boy, especially with the backend showing first..looks pretty menacing...

Last edited by 02txceta; 01-05-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:29 PM

Yeah, Fasttruck is an super guy and I am sure we will have somewhat of an ongoing rivalry.. My bad, had thought you posted that power range in your truck..560-570..

thanks for the compliment..it is a fun car and pulls pretty well. I'll run him in March on the track in my GN...on loooww boost...lol.

He has outdone me thus far, but his time is coming.

The low end was his run as is worthless to me with the tire spin. No excuses there but would be interesting now at 55 or so with my 75 going.

Post some pics of that bad boy, especially with the backend showing first..looks pretty menacing...
The slow truck is making between 525-550 rwhp. would be no comp for your GN for sure unless you spot me to the 1/8 mile mark LOL. You need to get the CETA setup so we can go to the track and do it right. We still have a little time before the good air is gone.