Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

True story

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 12:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default True story

Back in the day, We did some serious street racing out here in So Cal. The road, Del Norte off the 101, Saturday nights
200 AM
Brian Schapiro(known as B&D Racing here in So Cal)and his Vortech Super Charged Saleen lines up against a Blown 69 Camaro (10sec ride). They just get done doing the burn out, when the cops hit the lights. The cop pulls right up on the Mustangs bumper
And the Camaro launches, seconds later the cop follows.
Yeah he tried, the Camaro was gone, he smoked this cop.
He makes a full pass and then bangs a right,left, right
you know how it goes. Ends up parking it across the street from a strip club, goes inside throughs 50 bucks on the bar and says to the bartender I've been here all night!
The cops find the car, come in the bar looking and asking questions. Well they buy the story, after all he's got a witness.
Jumps in his beater and comes back out to the races. We couldn't believe it, The craziest **** I've ever seen!
Old 10-08-2003, 12:57 AM
blownerator

Default Re: True story

Ahhh yeah, good ole Brian Shapiro...Those B & D guys will NEVER change.

I remember one night at the same spot, on of my good friends got killed by a racer . That was the last time I went.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that's a prety crazy story. If it's in cali though, wouldn't they impound the car??? That's pretty smart of him to plan it out like that, though.

Sorry bout your friend Blownchevy **** like that happens with street racing... i personally prefer the track.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:23 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

I remember one night at the same spot, on of my good friends got killed by a racer . That was the last time I went.
Sorry to hear about your friend ...
Was he racing, or sidelining ??? What happened?
Old 10-08-2003, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

awesome story, sorry about ur bud man, there's a risk involved with everything...it still plain sucks though...
Old 10-08-2003, 07:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

yeah it is, but that was awesome what that guy did. he ran from the cops and got a lapdance. good night for him!
Old 10-08-2003, 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

I ran those guys for years (Jack and Arman too... Muscle Motors).

Was your friend on a bike, we had a guy get killed in Camarillo (DEL NORTE RD)That changed everything, the cops made it their goal to shut down that road. Now off nights aren't really safe there and this was years ago.

People fear losing their car, but its basically up to the cop. I had one come up to me right after my pass (putting the car back on the trailer) And say he saw everything, he didn't seem to care (only about 6 cars there).....because we did our business and left, He did say the imports were killing the scene (NO BS)
Now in Los Angeles the cops take the cars!
Old 10-08-2003, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

that is the same way here in houston. a friend of mine who does the patrol for street racing told me it is not the domestics. we take our business else were and then get it over with. he literally said "they ruined it for all of you domestic ricers, the ****** imports ruined it for me too!" ill keep his name disclosed but yes that is what the officer told me. sucks it all had to come to this!
Old 10-08-2003, 11:23 AM
blownerator

My friend was on the side line after making a pass....This is going back 12 years ago, so the memories are stuck in the back of my mind.

Armon, you know that guy! I went to school with him, back in the day he had the baddest 5.0 around! I heard through the grapevine that he is running a speedshop in the Valley someplace. Saw him running at LACR in a 10 sec mustang!
Old 10-08-2003, 12:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got those guys(Armon) for $450 one night on Del Norte in his silver 93 Cobra against my primered black LX (now TEAL). I'm cool with him, we've known each other for years. B&D....I don't care for Brian, but that is in the past.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:43 PM
blownerator

that silver Cobra is the car I am talking about! I THOUGHT it was fast....
Old 10-08-2003, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I ran a 10.70 at 132 spinning (1.7 60ft) in mine, We finally blew it up in Carlsbad (World takes on 5.0 Challenge)like in 95-96, after I put JBA (blown 330 stroker VS my 302 S-trim) on the trailer (oh BTW it was won by a 72 FIREBIRD 400 on NOS)I made 3rd at the Challenge (ARmon was there in a Coupe)
Old 10-08-2003, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

what was the hp on your car at the time AmMscl when you ran that??
Old 10-08-2003, 03:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

We never dynoed it (in 95- just wasn't worth the money, most were engine DYNOs not rear wheels)
I did the formula and it came out just short of 600HP(you can go to stangnet.com they have the calculator)I loved that combo, cheap and fast, 10k in whole car!
The new one made 850 with a 347 and a Mondo j-trim (15lbs)But it came with alot of problems!
Old 10-08-2003, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here it is
http://users.erols.com/srweiss/index.html
check it out!
Old 10-08-2003, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

I guess i should share a story too with you other so cal guys.
About 2 years ago when I barely got my SS. It had been like a month since my car was under my name I took it to the local street races here in Anaheim where I live. Nobody was really racing so I said f*ck it who wants to go. A newer GT wanted to go so we went to the spot. Its a back street at The Pond (where the Anaheim Mighty Ducks play) there are a lot of wherehouses back there so its pretty much desserted. Anyways I raced the Gt once and beat him, pretty close race too. Then another SS wants to go against me. Same year but M6. We go twice and i beat him twice. the second time he doesnt stop at the tracks where the race ends but keeps going. When he comes back his lights are flashing and then i see a cop behind him, then I see some more cops rolling up. Everybody takes off and turnes into one of the streets. Nobody will let me cut in so i go straight and just punch it. A honda gets behing me then a cop gets behind him. I decide to turn on a small street but im going to fast to make the turn and pull straight again. At wich time the honda gets infront and now the cop is behind me. I decide to just pull over rather than get in more ****. Were getting to an intersection were the light is red for us. I decide to just turn there and pull over. Well we are still going fast and the honda decides to take it and ends up getting t-boned. I was turning and saw him crash into a building from my rearview mirror. I punch it as im thinking this is my break to jam. I make it to my house safe. The next day I hear the passenger of the honda flew out the window. But from what ive heard they both, passenger and driver come out better than expected. Since then havnt gone to any "organized" street races. True story!
Old 10-09-2003, 12:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

At least you had enough sense not to run it, smart thinking on your part.
As for the other guy I have no remorse, it could 've been my family or me driving down that road.
Blowing red lights is reckless!
As a biker its my biggest fear, getting hit at a light
Old 10-09-2003, 12:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

btw AmMscl, I want a bike so bad, I've been looking at the Yamaha YZF-R1, what would you recommend? This is far in the future, though. I don't know much about bikes so I figure I'd ask somebody who's already got one.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Awesome canyon bike, but suffers in the comfort area.
I ride the Kawasakis, they have best of both worlds canyon demenaor and distant comfort.
And they are cheaper!
I would find a starter bike 600 to 750cc and cheap.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

what do you mean by canyon? that might be a stupid question, but as i said, i'm really not a bike guy... i know very little, i just got into the scene this month.