Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got my ass kicked by An STI

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steiner
That's a special edition 400hp version of the Evo sold only in the UK through Ralliart called the FQ400. It's anything but a "stock" Evo. Think SVT's relationship to Ford or Hennessey's relationship to Chevrolet. Also it should be no revelation that Clarkson is, 1st and foremost, an entertainer trying to make a point. This is the same guy that called the RX-8 brilliant 3 months before calling it a joke. Putting a turbocharged 2-liter engine in 6th gear at 25mph and then complaining about turbo lag is obviously to be taken at face value. Please tell me you get the joke and can appreciate the comparison.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubi...ncer_Evolution
Then the that turbo is way to big. You would know if you had one... wait a second...
Old 02-10-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by w3s1c0a5t
Come on man. wesmanw02 HAS to know your car better than you. Hes gone through AT LEAST 128 different turbo setups. He hates imports cuz their MAD slow even when the beat his car. Their still slow. God wont let a imports beat a domestic.

And ya the viper you beat has more torque at idle.... thats really important because........................................... ..... wait you beat the viper? WITH AN IMPORT. Have this man banned for his lies.
And another worthless post from another ricer who is bent out of shape because he doesn't like the facts.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
A GT30r is a small turbo on a V8, its a large turbo on a 4 banger. Much to big for your average driver to find it acceptable in terms of spool time and turbo lag.
GT30r is more a midsized turbo now-a-days. It's been pretty much eclipsed for Evo's since there are stock appearing turbos that can flow as much if not more air than the GT30r.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Must be my stall and sprayed formula... i am a ricer...

Back on topic. If you have been in a stalled auto import with a ball bearing turbo even a large one their is minimal turbo lag. Even the manuals like the evo's... Still a reasonable amount. But most of the evo's you see with the 35r are also stroked.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Teching In

w3s1c0a5t...your facts have no business here. Import bad. Domestic good. Learn it. Live it. Love it!

BTW...this might be helpful for the turbo newbs.

Small 16g = 36 lbs/min
Big 16g = 38-39 lbs/min
EVO3 16G = 42-43 lbs/min
EVO8 16g = 42-43 lbs/min
6H-20g = 49 lbs/min
50 trim = 50 lbs/min
60-1 = 62-63 lbs/min
35R comp = 64-65 lbs/min
Old 02-10-2009, 10:16 PM
11 Second Club

Make Vipers look dumb...lol, there is something wrong with your brain.

And yes I've been in plenty of various cars with large ball bearing turbos. Yes, they have turbo lag.

Whats funny is a stock Viper makes more torque at idle than your car ever makes in its entire powerband.
Do you not see my riced out car runs 11s at over 133mph? I assume your going to tell me a stock viper does that...And yes,I raced 3 vipers in one night. one was a rt10, GTS and the other srt10. Sorry to tell you but there not that fast for the size of the motor.

Also, what does tq have to do with a roll race? Do you just find any little thing to hang onto? I went to a viper dyno day. They were all stock but one s/c. They all made high 390rwhp to low 420rwhp. he cars are not fast stock.

And again, have YOU ever owned turbo 4cyl car? NO, you have no idea what a turbo 4cly that is built with the right sized turbo and EMS can do. I can sit dead still and make 30lbs of boost, not much lag there
Old 02-10-2009, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

And another worthless post from another ricer who is bent out of shape because he doesn't like the facts.
not really,thats how you look most of the time. I just dont understand why you think a car with more cly will always win...

How fast is your car? will it beat my POS ricer car? I just picked up a 08 lexus IS-F 2 weeks ago, it has a v8. My little ricer car will still kick the **** out of it

BTW, I posted pics, please go and take a peak.Let me know how shitty my car is vs yours
Old 02-11-2009, 01:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steiner
w3s1c0a5t...your facts have no business here. Import bad. Domestic good. Learn it. Live it. Love it!

BTW...this might be helpful for the turbo newbs.

Small 16g = 36 lbs/min
Big 16g = 38-39 lbs/min
EVO3 16G = 42-43 lbs/min
EVO8 16g = 42-43 lbs/min
6H-20g = 49 lbs/min
50 trim = 50 lbs/min
60-1 = 62-63 lbs/min
35R comp = 64-65 lbs/min
You got me their... I agree your a ricer... haha. But i do love my formula hay i have a question for you tho. kind of dumb sounding. What does it sound when a evo(boost controller exhuast some cooling mods) leaves then line? As far as Rpm and what not. The one i raced was like reving it to i would guess 3-4k like 3 times then revving it high and dropping the clutch. Sound right?
Old 02-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BLACKTURBOS2K
Do you not see my riced out car runs 11s at over 133mph? I assume your going to tell me a stock viper does that...And yes,I raced 3 vipers in one night. one was a rt10, GTS and the other srt10. Sorry to tell you but there not that fast for the size of the motor.

Also, what does tq have to do with a roll race? Do you just find any little thing to hang onto? I went to a viper dyno day. They were all stock but one s/c. They all made high 390rwhp to low 420rwhp. he cars are not fast stock.

And again, have YOU ever owned turbo 4cyl car? NO, you have no idea what a turbo 4cly that is built with the right sized turbo and EMS can do. I can sit dead still and make 30lbs of boost, not much lag there
What does torque have to do with a roll race? You're kidding right? Torque has EVERYTHING to do with EVERY type of race. Your I4 takes 30lbs of boost? Could you imagine a SRT10 or even an LS1 on that? Your I4 would be mince meat in a second. The ONLY way your I4 even wins ANYTHING is because its light. Not because it makes a ton of power.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Eric1987
What does torque have to do with a roll race? You're kidding right? Torque has EVERYTHING to do with EVERY type of race. Your I4 takes 30lbs of boost? Could you imagine a SRT10 or even an LS1 on that? Your I4 would be mince meat in a second. The ONLY way your I4 even wins ANYTHING is because its light. Not because it makes a ton of power.
Torque really isnt the biggest factor from a roll.

"OMGZ silly I4 No keep up with out crazy Boooost haha"

Dude stfu. I can imagine a world where im with jessica alba and unicorns bring me the mail. Reality... Theirs always a faster car. Reality.... These guys make some VERY fast cars. And they do it with>2.5 liters. Props to them.

And if you want to make the stupid arguement of " Put 30 PSI on an ls1" try the other coin... Give steiners AWD *** 346 cubes. If you can imagine that... Your prolly getting the mental image of Evo taillights.

BTW. fbody> import. Just so we know whos side im on
Old 02-11-2009, 03:10 AM
Teching In

Your I4 takes 30lbs of boost? Could you imagine a SRT10 or even an LS1 on that? Your I4 would be mince meat in a second. The ONLY way your I4 even wins ANYTHING is because its light. Not because it makes a ton of power.
If if if....
Old 02-11-2009, 08:12 AM
11 Second Club

tq has nothing to do with a roll race... Hp takes over tq after 5400 rpms. My car red lines at 9800 rpm. I start a roll race at 6k or above.

Now who sounds like a ricer? If I had this, if my v8 had twin s/c, if... Sounds like a ricer. Why don't you tell me what YOU have and what YOUR car runs.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by w3s1c0a5t
...What does it sound when a evo(boost controller exhuast some cooling mods) leaves then line? As far as Rpm and what not. The one i raced was like reving it to i would guess 3-4k like 3 times then revving it high and dropping the clutch. Sound right?
Sounds about right. It's pretty easy to program a two step into your ECU. All you do is pick an RPM (called "stationary rev limit" in the OEM software), put in 1st gear, hold in the clutch and plant your foot to the floor. With that kind of setup you'll hear that distinctive bwap bwap bwap sound as the ECU fights your right foot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHQkeJomfwM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02JkE...eature=related

BTW...I'm running an unsprung clutch right now so high RPM launches are not a good idea. Also imports weren't my 1st love either. This is my current project (not the actual car, mine is blue and sitting under a tarp)

Last edited by Steiner; 02-11-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

Damn I never thought my thread would turn into a giant turbo argument. It is know that for the most part the bigger engine will win N/A vs. N/A(there are always exceptions). Why do you think forced induction was created? To even the playing field. Engines are basically giant air pumps, the more air you can force in the better. Big cubes have more volume to push than smaller engines. That's what turbos and superchargers do, force more air. Therefore small engines with a turbo can force more air in than they previously could, making more power and putting the air volume being forced in on par or more than the bigger motor. Or at least that's how I have always understood it.