Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 'Maro vs. 03 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 03:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
R U kidding me Ben..........99_Z28s mentality/knowledge IS funny.
yes unfortunately that is true. . .

im just sick of reading lists, anyone can post any number of lists, i agree with you guys, he beat some shitty drivers, and cobra's are definitely not dyno queens like supra's.

sorry Mike continue your slaughter
Old 02-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99_Z28
Yes we have, thats all we ever see big numbers and trap speed with no results... thats why they belong on the dyno's with the supra's and not on a track . Kenne Bell cobra's 600+rwhp running mid high 11's?

450rwhp C6 VS 640rwhp KB "terminator"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxEBAzAgaJc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NN4R...eature=related

LOL at your post. That's all I can do. No point in replying.

I'm done. It was fun, seriously. Just to show no hard feelings at all, --->

It's time for me to and disappear back into the darkness. I'll be sure to let the door hit me on my way out. Lol.

I'll be lurking.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG
The majority of those cars you listed have a **** load of weight reduction. Yet, they are still within full weight pullied Cobra territory.

Maybe if you exlpored outside the street kill section and had some genuine knowledge of other cars capabilites, you'd know that.
I'm done. It was fun, seriously. Just to show no hard feelings at all, --->

It's time for me to and disappear back into the darkness. I'll be sure to let the door hit me on my way out. Lol.

I'll be lurking.
Im not done with u yet, get back here!

Its not my fault there over weight pigs...I have some weight reduction tips for you. You can start by removing the 100lbs of dyno sheets piled in the back or how about tossing the supercharger...oh wait, then the car would be in the 14's were it belongs....ok now u can

Last edited by 99_Z28; 02-10-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just come to the conclusion....You did not beat a pullied cobra. You beat the shitty driver of said pullied cobra (I think I posted this earlier...if so....let it sink in). You have (had) a fast bolt on ls1. You also run a good time, with a good '60. And you have run not so great cobras. You will not win every race against a pullied cobra. You will NOT. Hell, given good drivers....you could lose to a bolt on cobra. Yes, you did beat two pullied cobras per say....but you beat the drivers, not the cars. Same can be said with Supras.

/thread
Old 02-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
I've just come to the conclusion....You did not beat a pullied cobra. You beat the shitty driver of said pullied cobra (I think I posted this earlier...if so....let it sink in). You have (had) a fast bolt on ls1. You also run a good time, with a good '60. And you have run not so great cobras. You will not win every race against a pullied cobra. You will NOT. Hell, given good drivers....you could lose to a bolt on cobra. Yes, you did beat two pullied cobras per say....but you beat the drivers, not the cars. Same can be said with Supras.

/thread

+ + =
Old 02-10-2009, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think it is funny how all cobra owners only talk about is trap speed, and they never include or talk about ET's ....the fact of the matter is they suck out of the hole with there IRS. I couldnt give a **** about roll races, there for ricers and cobras that cant get out of the hole. To me a cobra is in the same catagory as a supra, 460-600+hp and still run in the 11's! BAHAHAHAHA! No wonder they get beat by f bodys with 100+hp less (in a real race).
And you know this how?

Most Cobra's are street cars especially the ones you posted. There are several F-bodies out there that don't get out of the hole worth a **** either. Mine didn't. Trap speed shows power and less on the total setup. And I don't think you have any room to talk to anybody about fast with your 12.4 @ 112 pass. That's a F-en hot rod you got there.

Its not my fault there over weight pigs...I have some weight reduction tips for you. You can start by removing the 100lbs of dyno sheets piled in the back or how about tossing the supercharger...oh wait, then the car would be in the 14's were it belongs....ok now u can
Just so you know Cobra weigh 150lbs more than your precious F-body. Wow what a pig. And get off the supercharger BS. Ford added a supercharger instead of displacement what does it F-en matter? It makes power that's the bottom line. And it makes more easier than with a F-body. And its more driveable. I've had both so excuse me for not buying into your biased BS. I would say your just trying to make yourself feel better about what you have.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+ + =
Mature...

Anyway, I'm just stating facts man. I'll use myself as an Example, since something similar happened to me.

I raced two different 600cc bikes on two different days. Both times, I held them off within 2-3 bike lengths until about 90, when they would pull on me hard. This was when I was bone stock. No way, from 30ish to 90, should I hang with 600s. But it happened. Why? Squids for riders. You are in the same situation. A cobra will do what your times in your sig are....stock. I believe Even Smith ran something like 12.2 or .1 at 116. Just as he ran a 12.9 stock in a z28. Good drivers make the difference. With your attitude in the matter....you will be humiliated by a cobra one day. And hell...I'll put money that it is a bolt on cobra that pulls you. A good driver in a pullied cobra...low 11s. You will race one, one day. You will see what happens when good drivers are behind that car. Until then, keep thinking your old bolt on z can hang with and beat all pullied cobras.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rocksws6
I would say your just trying to make yourself feel better about what you have.
i like my LT1
Old 02-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

Reply to the first post, Nice Kill, I hate sh!thole ford drivers, way to be a real man and not punch that motherf***er, because I would of. Anyways nice car!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG
You should take a look at the fastest Eaton list. That'll give you something to copy and paste about.
I alomost posted that.....but, since he insists on A/M blowers and how crappy they are with 600rwhp, I thought I'd just jump to the same stuff.....FUNNY, how he hasn't replied to that, nor any of my posts since then. He's done this before. The second I make him look like a moron, he shuts up and starts in on other members.

Originally Posted by rocksws6
And you know this how?

Most Cobra's are street cars especially the ones you posted. There are several F-bodies out there that don't get out of the hole worth a **** either. Mine didn't. Trap speed shows power and less on the total setup. And I don't think you have any room to talk to anybody about fast with your 12.4 @ 112 pass. That's a F-en hot rod you got there.

Just so you know Cobra weigh 150lbs more than your precious F-body. Wow what a pig. And get off the supercharger BS. Ford added a supercharger instead of displacement what does it F-en matter? It makes power that's the bottom line. And it makes more easier than with a F-body. And its more driveable. I've had both so excuse me for not buying into your biased BS. I would say your just trying to make yourself feel better about what you have.

Originally Posted by 06MUSTANGGT24V
Reply to the first post, Nice Kill, I hate sh!thole ford drivers, way to be a real man and not punch that motherf***er, because I would of. Anyways nice car!!!
+1

See above..........still ignoring my PROOF that you're wrong eh'.

Oh wait, you shouldn't be posting in here, you dont' have a 600/500/400rwhp car, nor do you own a cobra. HMMMM.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by silverz28camaro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn9Refrimj8 (internally stock) 3300lbs

the 117 was after I put the 224 cam in, went to the track ran a 117 trap, so i knew the car ran 117 when i raced my buddies cobra.

Sorry i don't have a vid for my 117 run, i kinda wasn't impressed by the gain.
NICE so how do you think your cammed camaro traping 117 would handle my pullied cobra that traps 124? i bet it would be ugly for you
Old 02-10-2009, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

Oh wait, you shouldn't be posting in here, you dont' have a 600/500/400rwhp car, nor do you own a cobra. HMMMM.
so this means i can't post anymore here

i'm gunna miss you guys. . .

one last drink
and one last puff

Old 02-10-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
NICE so how do you think your cammed camaro traping 117 would handle my pullied cobra that traps 124? i bet it would be ugly for you
I was wondering when you'd show up. I almost PM'd you. I bet if you were as quick/fast as a bolt on LS Fbod, you would have been here sooner....

Don't forget the ET.
Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
so this means i can't post anymore here

i'm gunna miss you guys. . .

one last drink
and one last puff

Only if you agree with 99_z28s said line of thinking.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

I was wondering when you'd show up. I almost PM'd you. I bet if you were as quick/fast as a bolt on LS Fbod, you would have been here sooner....

Don't forget the ET.
my et is better than his with a 2 tenths worse 60 ft.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

i know mang haha i just want to be included sometimes

haha
Old 02-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

Ok guys really, are we argue'n over the classic ford vs gm **** again. All and all its just a piece of metal designed by different people with more metal powering the car. So let's all shake hands, gang up on some imports, and have a group hug!

12 Second Club

eww that means it will only get worse as you gain traction, i mean each .1 off your 60' is like almost .2 tenths total 1/4 time right?
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
i know mang haha i just want to be included sometimes

haha
I know man......I was just 'joshin' ya'.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok guys really, are we argue'n over the classic ford vs gm **** again. All and all its just a piece of metal designed by different people with more metal powering the car. So let's all shake hands, gang up on some imports, and have a group hug!

]
Uh man........that pic is jsut wrong, and you're not helping the Mustang Rep on this site by posting that.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

i just threw my lunch up, you owe me a-hole!

and not a good way to start your posting here with some gay *** pictures man! :b arf:

Quick Reply: LS1 'Maro vs. 03 Cobra