Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed a Lambo Gallardo

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 12:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
I think there is a bigger gap than that. The LP560 is more powerful, almost equal weight and an entirely revised suspension.

552hp vs. 523, 11.2 @ 129.5mph vs. 11.7 @ 123mph going by R&T and C&D. Their procedures are close enough to point to a significant difference between the two.
+1
Old 03-06-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Were they done on the same day? Did they have the same driver? Doubtful on both accounts.

The Superlegera was intentionally designed to be a lightweight track version of the Gallardo, where the lp560 just added more horsepower, and not a whole lot more. 25 extra ponies is only going to net you about two tenths if that in the 1/4, and the weight savings in the Super should negate it. Just my .02.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:19 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kain01
Were they done on the same day? Did they have the same driver? Doubtful on both accounts.

The Superlegera was intentionally designed to be a lightweight track version of the Gallardo, where the lp560 just added more horsepower, and not a whole lot more. 25 extra ponies is only going to net you about two tenths if that in the 1/4, and the weight savings in the Super should negate it. Just my .02.
Good point, but R&T ran an 11.7 @ 121.3 mph in the Superleggera. That alone shows a significant difference. If you go off of R&Ts specs, not knowing if they actually weighed it, it is 270lbs lighter. The LP560 seemed to be fully optioned. Other reports has it 125 - 155lbs lighter than the Gallardo.

Not only is the suspension totally revised, so was the shifting mechanism for the transmission. The Superleggera, IMO, while excellent, was made nearly obsolete when the LP560 hit the showrooms.

Last edited by Deuuuce; 03-07-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Steiner
I watched a Lambo Gallardo put down about 320whp on my tuner's dyno at a dyno day a few years back. The owner wasn't too impressed by the numbers. He was even less impressed when my tuner told him a stock C6Z had put down 380whp earlier that day. A couple months later they took a picture of a Lambo Murciélago on the dyno for their new website. It baselined at about 435whp IIRC. Big difference between the Murciélago and Gallardo.

BIG difference in 12 cylinders versus 8. i have seen the dyno sheet from a Ferrari F430 on a dynojet and it only put down 298 rwtq. i drove it on the freeway and it was slow. the paddle shift was slower than i thought it would be and the lack of torque was just gay. italian cars are overrated; but if you put twin turbos on a Gallardo it does make a HUGE difference.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fccs
I never did and never will have full respect for the gallardos for 1.. simple.. reason. LAMBO DOORS. ****** Lamborghini that doesn't have Lamborghini doors, what a joke. Murcialago or nothing.
lol..idiotic statement..you must be a ricer in the closet.

Only V12 Lamborghini's had "scissor doors" starting with the Countach. They are not "lambo doors." I'm willing to bet a few other car brands have them also
Old 03-07-2009, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FAST FREDDY
BIG difference in 12 cylinders versus 8. i have seen the dyno sheet from a Ferrari F430 on a dynojet and it only put down 298 rwtq. i drove it on the freeway and it was slow. the paddle shift was slower than i thought it would be and the lack of torque was just gay. italian cars are overrated; but if you put twin turbos on a Gallardo it does make a HUGE difference.
I like your list of cars on your sig...
Old 03-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

so you raced the original Gallardo? (non Superlaggera or LP560) and the outcome was similar to this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nSenMmqKh4 - but you have a C5 Z06, right? i know anything can happen on the street. nice kill
Old 03-07-2009, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Good point, but R&T ran an 11.7 @ 121.3 mph in the Superleggera. That alone shows a significant difference. If you go off of R&Ts specs, not knowing if they actually weighed it, it is 270lbs lighter. The LP560 seemed to be fully optioned. Other reports has it 125 - 155lbs lighter than the Gallardo.

Not only is the suspension totally revised, so was the shifting mechanism for the transmission. The Superleggera, IMO, while excellent, was made nearly obsolete when the LP560 hit the showrooms.
I'll look around on Motor Trend and C&D for some results, R&T are notorious for having their grandmothers drive their cars. They only got a 12.1 maybe 12.2 out a Z06 Vette also, which everyone knows is an 11 second car.

You do have valid points, I just wanna do some research meself now instead of going off memory (for the record I used to compile all of C&D and MT's results into an excel spreadsheet until my ADD found something new to play with. So my memory on this stuff isn't that bad since I've read the article and typed up the data so I had to look at it several times.)
Old 03-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FAST FREDDY
BIG difference in 12 cylinders versus 8.

a Ferrari F430 on a dynojet i drove it on the freeway and it was slow. the paddle shift was slower than i thought it would be and the lack of torque was just gay. italian cars are overrated; but if you put twin turbos on a Gallardo it does make a HUGE difference.
Those are interesting observations. But more accurately, OPINIONS. Considering they make the finest sports cars in the world. Did you happen to adjust the speed of the shifting? I'm sure it shifts faster than you can.

Btw, adding twin turbos to anything usually makes a "HUGE difference".

I'll look around on Motor Trend and C&D for some results, R&T are notorious for having their grandmothers drive their cars. They only got a 12.1 maybe 12.2 out a Z06 Vette also, which everyone knows is an 11 second car.

You do have valid points, I just wanna do some research meself now instead of going off memory (for the record I used to compile all of C&D and MT's results into an excel spreadsheet until my ADD found something new to play with. So my memory on this stuff isn't that bad since I've read the article and typed up the data so I had to look at it several times.)
True, but those were ETs for the C5Z, the trap speeds were pretty good. You might be surprised if you look again at R&T, granted there are always exceptions. MT sometimes doesn't actually test but quotes the manufacturer. We know how bad that can be.

C&D ran a few 11.7s @ 125mph or so in a C6Z. Again, considering their procedures, a pretty good trap speed - even looking at the fast list on the forums. I would love a copy of that file! A friend of mine does the same but doesn't want to give up his database.

C&D just compiled some interesting links of road test results, check them out. Unfortunately, no trap speeds for some of the charts:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...digest_feature

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...re+page-5.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...re+page-3.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...re+page-4.html
Old 03-07-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh anytime MT quotes manufacturers stuff I throw that out. If they didn't perform the test themselves the #'s are ****.

the digest is interesting, take a look at the lp640 Murc's time compared to the superlegera. So I'm wondering what the lp560 would do.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gallardo259
so you raced the original Gallardo? (non Superlaggera or LP560) and the outcome was similar to this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nSenMmqKh4 - but you have a C5 Z06, right? i know anything can happen on the street. nice kill
Driver mod maybe Homie in the C6z looks like he is "Okay" at driving... not saying I at 20 am the best driver in the world, but I have been in a Z06 for 2 years and 12.11 out of a completely stock Z06 is pretty good IMO.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

A stock or near stock C5 Z06 will not run away from my Gallardo.

If there are any stock or near stock C5 Z06s in MI, we can run and verify my statement..
Old 03-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Fadi

If there are any stock or near stock C5 Z06s in MI, we can run and verify my statement..
I was waiting for you to chime in on this thread.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by b4christ15
I was waiting for you to chime in on this thread.
I wasn't going to because frankly, I don't really care. But, I AM SOOO BORED at work, so I did..
Old 03-10-2009, 05:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fadi

What is special about your gallardo, if I may ask? Not trying to be a dick..just wondering. You have the Heff. TT kit?
Old 03-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

I don't think anything needs to be done to a recent (hp higher vs. 1st year) Gallardo to give C5Z a great race, given equal drivers.

If the Gallardo is a 6M, both have to shift very well to achieve their best times. And even if the Gallardo is a paddle shift, he still better pull the paddle at the right rpm....

I've driven both. They are pretty awesome.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jetlag
lol..idiotic statement..you must be a ricer in the closet.

Only V12 Lamborghini's had "scissor doors" starting with the Countach. They are not "lambo doors." I'm willing to bet a few other car brands have them also
Weird.. I rem. the diablos having them also. Lamborghini is noted for there doors, thats like one of their symbols. How is that a ricer in the closet you moron, it's a symbol as I just said of the car, do I have lambo doors on my trans am? No that would be retarded.. you know why? BECAUSE ITS NOT A ******* LAMBORGHINI. I've always seen them as overrated cars, throw a cam or supercharger in a friggen fbody and be faster then the gallardos. Go big or go home dont go middle man just so you can say you own a lambo when it doesn't have the doors, nor the power of what they stand for.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:41 PM
12 Second Club

awsome! nice kill!
Old 03-11-2009, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Gallardo Superleggera is the "base" Gallardo, and it's packing 510 horses. However it's lighter than the lp560, and does 0-60 in the same time, maybe 1/10th off. So they're not all lp560's, but may as well be. Pretty sure 1/4's in the low 12's for both.
the superlaggera is NOT the base model superlaggera translates in italian to basically "super light weight" the super leggerra is the lambos equivilant to the ferraria F430 scudera and the porsche 911 gt3rs these are all the stripped down and leaned out freaks of the manufactures.. it has 2 mor hp than the stock gallardo it is a whopping 480lbs lighter than the convertable gallardo..stats?? 522hp 0-60 in 3.4 sec 1/4 mile in 11.7sec and tops out at 195 mph and lets not forget the all wheel drive? developed with help form their owners AUDI..lol no joke.. also the top dog is the murcielago LP640 now in the bulls house. the LP560 does the 1/4 mile in 11.4-11.7sec depending on who did the testing
Old 03-11-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1whip
the superlaggera is NOT the base model superlaggera translates in italian to basically "super light weight" the super leggerra is the lambos equivilant to the ferraria F430 scudera and the porsche 911 gt3rs these are all the stripped down and leaned out freaks of the manufactures.. it has 2 mor hp than the stock gallardo it is a whopping 480lbs lighter than the convertable gallardo..stats?? 522hp 0-60 in 3.4 sec 1/4 mile in 11.7sec and tops out at 195 mph and lets not forget the all wheel drive? developed with help form their owners AUDI..lol no joke.. also the top dog is the murcielago LP640 now in the bulls house. the LP560 does the 1/4 mile in 11.4-11.7sec depending on who did the testing
Yeah I understand that, but there is only the Superlegera and the lp560 now, so you tell me which one is the base. Thanks for trying to educate the educated though. yeah I've never quite understood the VW/Audi/Porsche/Lambo heirarchy and who owns who.

I also posted C&D's stat page which has both if you got farther into the thread.

Last edited by kain01; 03-11-2009 at 08:50 PM.