Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock 6.0 Goat M6 vs. Bolton 99 Trans am A4

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run up at speedworld, north of Surprise.. and at Firebird. My brother generally loses 3 tenths when he runs at SIR. I use to run at Bandimere in CO. That place is brutal on a car's performance.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Staging Lane

I ran a 13.0@106 stock. With similar mods, I think I could run in the low 12s too, at least I hope I will...
Old 03-12-2009, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch...CO, hell yea. I remember reading a story on here once, where a guy raced a c6z in Denver I believe, and they ran in the 10s in the 1/8th mile. This **** sucks lol. I hear firebirds track prep kind of sucks...still probablly better then SIR though. I have yet to go out to SW...couldn't find it the one time I was on the way. Going down grand ave, looking for the road...didn't know the bitch was on the other side of the highway, and the only way to access it.
With the times and stuff, I'm kind of surprised its not more than 3 tenths. A buddy of mine picked up 3 mph in SW over SIR in his boosted crx. I'm glad/sad we don't have a track here in SV.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Ouch...CO, hell yea. I remember reading a story on here once, where a guy raced a c6z in Denver I believe, and they ran in the 10s in the 1/8th mile. This **** sucks lol. I hear firebirds track prep kind of sucks...still probablly better then SIR though. I have yet to go out to SW...couldn't find it the one time I was on the way. Going down grand ave, looking for the road...didn't know the bitch was on the other side of the highway, and the only way to access it.
With the times and stuff, I'm kind of surprised its not more than 3 tenths. A buddy of mine picked up 3 mph in SW over SIR in his boosted crx. I'm glad/sad we don't have a track here in SV.

that's classic. yeah speedworld is in the sticks! I would probably lose more than 3 tenths. My bro runs a carbed 67 camaro that goes 10.70's and he only loses 3 tenths. I would probably lose 1/2 second at least. I may be coming down there (SIR) for the big bracket race over memorial weekend.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:41 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Super Goat
I ran a 13.0@106 stock. With similar mods, I think I could run in the low 12s too, at least I hope I will...

What was your DA like?
Old 03-12-2009, 11:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bracketracerZ28
that's classic. yeah speedworld is in the sticks! I would probably lose more than 3 tenths. My bro runs a carbed 67 camaro that goes 10.70's and he only loses 3 tenths. I would probably lose 1/2 second at least. I may be coming down there (SIR) for the big bracket race over memorial weekend.
Send me a pm, I'll go to watch. If my car is running by then, hopefully they will have a TNT day that weekend, and I'll run my car, and pray my 10 bolt holds so I can make it back home lol.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:55 AM
12 Second Club

Send me a pm, I'll go to watch. If my car is running by then, hopefully they will have a TNT day that weekend, and I'll run my car, and pray my 10 bolt holds so I can make it back home lol.
Yeah, I will. I've destroyed the pinion in the 10 bolt 3 times in the last year as well as 2 trannys that were taken out in the process. I really need to get a trailer!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

LOL, that sucks dude. That is the reason I haven't put mickeys on mine...if an auto is blowing the **** out of the ten bolt, the 6 speed will just murder that ****. I'll wait till I have a 9" to make a clean pass.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

LOL, that sucks dude. That is the reason I haven't put mickeys on mine...if an auto is blowing the **** out of the ten bolt, the 6 speed will just murder that ****. I'll wait till I have a 9" to make a clean pass.
You would be ok for awhile (maybe). I race almost every weekend so my car takes a beating.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

My car has been down for 3 months..finally getting everything done (cam, ls6 heads, ect ect). Last thing I want to do is blow out the 10 bolt, then have to save for a 9"
Old 03-12-2009, 12:39 PM
12 Second Club

My car has been down for 3 months..finally getting everything done (cam, ls6 heads, ect ect). Last thing I want to do is blow out the 10 bolt, then have to save for a 9"

It's definately an addiction!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:14 PM
12 Second Club

I can definately see that. we just don't get good d.a. out here so it's rare to see one much better than 13.50. I haven't raced one from a roll yet but something I want to try.
this man has a point, last time i went to speedworld fastest goat there was a 13.6 and i know a couple were modded.

on a side note

BracketracerZ28 i just now noticed you are in AZ! You goto the track every weekend? im thinking about hitting speedworld saturday.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
this man has a point, last time i went to speedworld fastest goat there was a 13.6 and i know a couple were modded.

on a side note

BracketracerZ28 i just now noticed you are in AZ! You goto the track every weekend? im thinking about hitting speedworld saturday.

I may come out sat. nite to practice. We have a team race on the 21st I have to practice for. Would like to get a nitrous pass in with my new tune.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I totally understand the D.A. thing. Maybe you dont? Saying you never see them running good at your track. Here they run low 13s stock all day long, if they can drive. That seems to be a HUGE factor in these cars. IRS + 245s = impossible to launch.

Once again LS1 f body and LS2 GTO = drivers race. And to prove it if we can find a stock LS1 f body around me we can meet up and run a few times to see what happens and video it and put it here.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
I totally understand the D.A. thing. Maybe you dont? Saying you never see them running good at your track. Here they run low 13s stock all day long, if they can drive. That seems to be a HUGE factor in these cars. IRS + 245s = impossible to launch.

Once again LS1 f body and LS2 GTO = drivers race. And to prove it if we can find a stock LS1 f body around me we can meet up and run a few times to see what happens and video it and put it here.
so let me get this straight. You are saying a 305 horspower car is a drivers race with a 400 horsepower car??? I doubt you understand the da thing, especially if you don't bracketrace. So stock to stock, wouldn't you think the goat would smoke the camaro????? You are right about the launch thing and most people here run the 6 speed goats...... so like I said, they run high 13's, low 14's here, same ballpark as the GT mustangs. If you would like, I will go out to speedworld any saturday night and video this strange event. Low 13's at sea level is High 13's here.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:20 PM
12 Second Club

I may come out sat. nite to practice. We have a team race on the 21st I have to practice for. Would like to get a nitrous pass in with my new tune.
PM'ed ya

I will go out to speedworld any saturday night and video this strange event. Low 13's at sea level is High 13's here.
if you don't go saturday i will take my cam and hopefully catch of few of them running those times. very likely that they will too. those things pull the worst 60' times ever. i usually launch out 2-3 cars on them and im only pulling 2.1 60's haha epic fail!
Old 03-12-2009, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

so let me get this straight. You are saying a 305 horspower car is a drivers race with a 400 horsepower car??? I doubt you understand the da thing, especially if you don't bracketrace. So stock to stock, wouldn't you think the goat would smoke the camaro????? You are right about the launch thing and most people here run the 6 speed goats...... so like I said, they run high 13's, low 14's here, same ballpark as the GT mustangs. If you would like, I will go out to speedworld any saturday night and video this strange event. Low 13's at sea level is High 13's here.
LOL @ 305. I don't know of any LS1 putting out 305 HP at the crank.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
LOL @ 305. I don't know of any LS1 putting out 305 HP at the crank.
just reading out of the manual. i put down 293 at the rear wheels. bone stock is still significantly less than a 6.0 liter goat
Old 03-12-2009, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

I can definately see that. we just don't get good d.a. out here so it's rare to see one much better than 13.50. I haven't raced one from a roll yet but something I want to try.
This cars are not easy to launch with stock tires, so more skills are required to succcesfully have a good launch, especially racing with the stock 18" wheels/tires. like with every car, some might run better, some might run worst, plus not everybody can drive, and when i mean drive, i mean to get a nice 60' at the track, or a nice launch on the street with stock tires.

Racing from a dig takes a lot of skills for some, and having a nice set of tires help a lot most of those drivers, the thing is not everybody is using such tires. i know i would never get a 12.36 on street tires with just a full exahust, but damn i trapped a 108 mph with just a CB and CAI at California Dragway, (1200 ft track) back in Jan 2006, so the engine have the potential given the trap, but the ET is not there because the 60's is not there. math's are simple, but getting the car dialed in is not that easy for some with just a couple of mods

Here is my Slip just in case

Old 03-12-2009, 05:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlueGoat06
This cars are not easy to launch with stock tires, so more skills are required to succcesfully have a good launch, especially racing with the stock 18" wheels/tires. like with every car, some might run better, some might run worst, plus not everybody can drive, and when i mean drive, i mean to get a nice 60' at the track, or a nice launch on the street with stock tires.

Racing from a dig takes a lot of skills for some, and having a nice set of tires help a lot most of those drivers, the thing is not everybody is using such tires. i know i would never get a 12.36 on street tires with just a full exahust, but damn i trapped a 108 mph with just a CB and CAI at California Dragway, (1200 ft track) back in Jan 2006, so the engine have the potential given the trap, but the ET is not there because the 60's is not there. math's are simple, but getting the car dialed in is not that easy for some with just a couple of mods

Here is my Slip just in case

that's awesome! but again, what was the DA, not the altitude of the track? You are right, you should easily be in the 12's, but my point is they are not. And for the horsepower they have, they should be stronger. Trap speed and et don't always jive. There is much more than simple math involved. My trap speed is also 108 but you have to look at gearing, converter, tire size etc. I beat lots of cars that come across at 108 plus. When you have traction problems, your done, especially on the street.