Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lt1 vs. Grand Prix GTP...horrible street race

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009 | 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LSWHO
My 98 GTP with headers, CAI, rockers, mail tune, pulley ran 13.4@103 on street tires with no track prep hotlapped.

My LT1 went 13.1@102.6 with LTs, 3.42s, stall, ram air, mail tune on DRs IN BETTER WEATHER.

They will go mod for mod with an LT1 fbody... I would know. I owned both.

Do NOT underestimate the L67. A stock bottom end L67 has gone 8s.

I love posting this car:

http://stattama.com/index.cfm?id=533...owse&pageid=53

I got to race one pullied had pretty much the same mods as yours don't underestimate them
Old 03-09-2009 | 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98gsr-t<lsx
Thread is full of slow.
LT1 > Your car

How ironic...
Old 03-09-2009 | 11:55 PM
Teching In

I'm hoping to run into a GTP on the 7th when I hit the track. It'll be nice to be able to compare my car to others that should be running similar times. That way I can test the driver mod There is a 4th gen LT1 A4 Camaro with a couple bolt ons that is going. Hoping I'll line up against him. That'll be a good race and a good rush...

Last edited by johnniereb08; 03-10-2009 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-10-2009 | 12:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
LT1 > Your car

How ironic...
considering I pulled his LT1 by 3+ cars everytime.....

also it was a joke, I knew everyone was going to get their ***** in a bunch. They only went to 50mph, you cant even tell who won if it is even remotely close, what did you even get out of 2nd on that?

The white hatch with the bike rack isn't fast, the type r is built that might be a decent race, the other ones I have not heard of.
Old 03-10-2009 | 01:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sicko
Next time I'm in bloomington I'll show you how slow I am.
Just let me know. I have been wanting to run into an ls1 just have not had a chance yet.

And even if I was driving a geo metro I would have said this thread is full of slow lol.
Old 03-10-2009 | 01:14 AM
Teching In

considering I pulled his LT1 by 3+ cars everytime.....

also it was a joke, I knew everyone was going to get their ***** in a bunch. They only went to 50mph, you cant even tell who won if it is even remotely close, what did you even get out of 2nd on that?

The white hatch with the bike rack isn't fast, the type r is built that might be a decent race, the other ones I have not heard of.
Actually I shifted early so that I wouldn't squeal coming into 2nd, shifted at about 5000. (originally said 4500, my mistake) It was a first gear run on both ends, saying that the gear ratios in the GTP are the same as a Grand Prix and Grand Am.

White hatch guy...I know he's slow. And personally, last time I heard his car it sounded like ****. I haven't seen the type R in awhile though. I'm on the lookout for the other cars you listed, but hard to find when I'm not really cruising at night as much. And I swear...if I have to hear about how you pulled me on every thread I start, I'll start headbutting **** lol. Dammit I already said you beat me.

Last edited by johnniereb08; 03-10-2009 at 02:36 AM.
Old 03-10-2009 | 01:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by johnniereb08
Actually I shifted early so that I wouldn't squeal coming into 2nd, shifted at about 4500. It was a first gear run on both ends, saying that the gear ratios in the GTP are the same as a Grand Prix and Grand Am.

White hatch guy...I know he's slow. And personally, last time I heard his car it sounded like ****. I haven't seen the type R in awhile though. I'm on the lookout for the other cars you listed, but hard to find when I'm not really cruising at night as much. And I swear...if I have to hear about how you pulled me on every thread I start, I'll start headbutting **** lol. Dammit I already said you beat me.
Ya I won't state it until someone says LT1> than my car when they obviously don't know much.

And yes his car sounds like **** cuz its straight through exhaust on a honda lol.

One of those cars had his clutch go out on him I just heard today and also the h22 turbo is rarely out apparently. Oh well lol.
Old 03-10-2009 | 02:07 AM
Teching In

I just don't understand the roof racks. WTF is a roof rack doing on there...I occasionally see the Honda club holding their meetings over in the parking lot by the RR tracks here. I never wanna disrupt their meetings though. They seem so important. Maybe they are debating on doing an H22 swap in every Honda, who knows. I can't understand Seymour in the slightest. But...I'm just glad that my roommate with the Prelude shut up. Had him with me when I punched it one day. T-tops off and still threw his *** back. I noticed he shut up the whole way back after mentioning to him that my car felt a lot slower with the tops off. Lol maybe I should post that under the bench racing section.
Old 03-10-2009 | 02:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sicko
Next time I'm in bloomington I'll show you how slow I am.
If you're going to be in Bloomington, you better PM us before you head down. I HIGHLY doubt I'd win, but a run against an ls1 would be interesting.
Old 03-10-2009 | 02:20 AM
Teching In

I just don't understand the roof racks. WTF is a roof rack doing on there...I occasionally see the Honda club holding their meetings over in the parking lot by the RR tracks here. I never wanna disrupt their meetings though. They seem so important. Maybe they are debating on doing an H22 swap in every Honda, who knows. I can't understand Seymour in the slightest. But...I'm just glad that my roommate with the Prelude shut up. Had him with me when I punched it one day. T-tops off and still threw his *** back. I noticed he shut up the whole way back after mentioning to him that my car felt a lot slower with the tops off. Lol maybe I should post that under the bench racing section.
Bike rack type of deal is kind of a jdm type thing people are doing now for some reason. I never understood it either. I will come down there and rev at the honda club when necessary.
Old 03-10-2009 | 02:25 AM
Teching In

Bike rack type of deal is kind of a jdm type thing people are doing now for some reason. I never understood it either. I will come down there and rev at the honda club when necessary.
Oh please do. But make sure you don't spool up the turbo. Make them think you're a jackass. The last few I saw over there were EX model civics. I don't waste my time. And I'm sorry but EFF JDM appearance mods. I swear...the want for "JDM" appearance crap has gotten a little out of hand.

I could probably sell **** stained boxers on Ebay with a JDM tag on them and some ricer would buy them as an antenna topper.
Old 03-10-2009 | 04:31 PM

also it was a joke, I knew everyone was going to get their ***** in a bunch.
LOL @ everyone getting worked up. Wasn't too hard to tell you were joking
Old 03-10-2009 | 04:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
LT1 > Your car

How ironic...
98gsr-t<lsx im sorry but i'd tend to have to agree with Wesman on this one, sure your car is better than a bone stock LT1, but with a few mods they will be walking right by you, and you have an engine swap in your car.
Old 03-10-2009 | 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

GTPs are VERY VERY VERY strong down low. if you look at the 10-11-12 second guys all there performance comes from like the 0-330 mark. for a fwd car they also launch really well with prep. the 3.8 with the SC = an great combo. i know a couple GTP's over at clubgp.com have run 11 second range with 350fwhp. they just get moving so quick that it doesnt really matter that there topend isnt great.

i personally consider the 3.8 a better engine for 1/4 than the Ls1 or lt1 or a lot of other engines. weren'tthe buick grand national and Turbo Trans am all 3.8 also? like 1st and 2nd gen. and neither of those were slow cars.
Old 03-10-2009 | 10:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
98gsr-t<lsx im sorry but i'd tend to have to agree with Wesman on this one, sure your car is better than a bone stock LT1, but with a few mods they will be walking right by you, and you have an engine swap in your car.
If he didn't have an engine swap, I'd beat myself up for even racing him. Stock 200sx with the 1.6L isn't even worth lookin at.
Old 03-10-2009 | 11:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
Oh I can agree with you that with a few mods they can beat my pretty stock motor (it comes in these cars just not in this country). At the same time though he spent 865$ on a borla exhaust and god knows how much on an intake and stuff, I am pretty certain I would walk him right back if I put that into my car. I have seen them run mid to low 12s with just cams and small drivetrain upgrades, pretty sure I could get that for what he has spent on some mufflers and pipes. Plus I spent less than him on my car. I could argue all day long but everything being equal I walked him.

And stock motor in my car in this country would have been the sr20de, a 2.0 not a 1.6. Still would be as fast as my gsr so no it wouldn't have been worth your time.
Old 03-10-2009 | 11:18 PM

Oh I can agree with you that with a few mods they can beat my pretty stock motor (it comes in these cars just not in this country). At the same time though he spent 865$ on a borla exhaust and god knows how much on an intake and stuff, I am pretty certain I would walk him right back if I put that into my car. I have seen them run mid to low 12s with just cams and small drivetrain upgrades, pretty sure I could get that for what he has spent on some mufflers and pipes. Plus I spent less than him on my car. I could argue all day long but everything being equal I walked him.

And stock motor in my car in this country would have been the sr20de, a 2.0 not a 1.6. Still would be as fast as my gsr so no it wouldn't have been worth your time.

2nd that.. its a 2.0L not a 1.6L.. and the 200SX is swapped.. with a stock engine, on stock internals, with stock turbo/manifold, all his car really has is exhaust, boost turned up a little bit and the SAFC. So swap yes.. but its the stock engine that should've came in the car, in fact its the same block his car came with stock, with a different tune, and a stock turbo.

As for GTPs.. they are badass cars with alot of low end grunt, definitely a force to be reckoned with, would love a GTP myself if there was an option for the manual tranny stock.
Old 03-10-2009 | 11:24 PM
Teching In

There is the option for the 1.6L that I believe comes in the base models. We have one outside, it's what I base that on.
Old 03-10-2009 | 11:26 PM
Launching!

hey johnniereb08 what track are you going to be at? if it isn't to far away i wouldnt mind going. i've been wanting to see what my gtp will run.
Old 03-10-2009 | 11:29 PM

There is the option for the 1.6L that I believe comes in the base models. We have one outside, it's what I base that on.
Yeah, but that car isn't a base model.. its an SE-R would've came with a naturally aspirated SR20.. instead of a turbo version. Thats like basing someones white fireturd with their black Lt1 bird..

Quick Reply: Lt1 vs. Grand Prix GTP...horrible street race