Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Luck won out.... Sorta

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Luck won out.... Sorta

Mod you can move this cause its a little off topic...

OK so I go to lunch yesterday and on the way back to work I got busted. I puttered around town all during lunch and about two miles before I get to work there is an intersection with a hill right after it. Big banks on either side of the road so the T/A sounds really nice going though there. Its about a 10 to 15 second blast to make it to the top of the hill. At the top I met one of NC's finest. I just pulled over and hoped for the best. He gave he a ticket for 77 in a 55. I still got off lucky, I didn't have the registration in the car and he never ask for it. Also he didn't say anything about the 20% window tint either. So I dodged two outa three bullets.

Anybody know a good/cheap lawyer in Western NC??? I know I know... cheap lawyers don't exisit... come to think about it... neither does good ones! hehehe

Anyway its 30 days revoked license and a minimum of 2 points on the Ins. unless I can get it beat or reduced. Any ideas???
Old 10-17-2003, 11:08 AM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Luck won out.... Sorta

Deny, deny, deny. Did he clock you? Or pace you? I think you can beat it if his radar has outdated calibration. If he paced you, for how long?
Old 10-17-2003, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

where at in WNC are you? I'm in asheville, my girfriends uncle is a lawyer, he might be able to help you out...

-Sly
Old 10-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

He was meeting me... travling in the oppisite direction.

I am north of Boone in Ashe County. West Jefferson to be exact.

No tickets in the last 3 years so I have a good chance to get it reduced, but still I hate to pay the $200 lawyer fee plus $125 court cost that I am looking at now. May just go it alone and pray the judge is in a good mood. I wonder if I should talk to his wife the night before my trial? hehehe
Old 10-17-2003, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If he was opposite direction, they have to be certified to operate those, have them calibrated frequently, etc. etc. I'm sure they do though.
Not too much you can do Im afraid.
Both times I've been busted was by oppo direction cops.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wrong, there's a lot you can do.

Go to court, and talk with the prosecutor. Give him some bullshit excuse why you were going too fast, and he should drop your points and suspension but leave the fine. 20 over should be rather easy for a lawyer to knock off, but the whole opposite direction might be a bitch. Give a lawyer a call, talk with him, he should let you know how easy/difficult it will be.

Take it from me, 20 over isn't that bad. Last month I got a ticket for doing 81 in a 50, the lawyer I called said there was little we could do about since I was clocked by a cop running radar. My court date is Nov 24, and I'll probably end up losing my license for 6 months. Good luck with everything.
Old 10-17-2003, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you decided on goin the lone route, send off to the DMV, get your driving record, it costs 7 bucks, that way you can show the judge and plea with the DA about having a clean record..id get a lawyer though, may be expensive, but cheaper than having to pay for a cab for 30 days
Old 10-18-2003, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

and points on insurance for the next three years...