Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock C6 Z06 vs 550 rwhp Supra

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix99
Well if that is your zo6 then my statement wasn't directed towards you I suppose lol. Very nice car you have sir . Any plans for mods??
No mods for the Z06... unfortunately this economy means mods or spaghetti everyday... and I do enjoy the occasional steak, so until things pick up all my spare cash (hmmm about 32 cents Canadian, which is about a penny US) goes to the SS.

In the future though... I would like to keep it as streetable as possible since it is my daily driver, so this includes headers back exhaust, cam, intake and tune. In all honesty... it barely makes traction as it sits and since they introduced the new street racing laws in my province its an action I've been avoiding.

For those who are not aware... Sept 2007 (about 6 months after the vid was taken) they passed a law here that says (summarized)

1. If you are caught with a speed in excess of 50 kph of the limit
2. If you are caught street racing or "stunt driving" ie spinning the tires

the police officer has the authority to take your license away on the spot and impound your vehicle at your cost. Even if you fight it, the blemish is on your insurance. We keep giving more and more autonomy to the police (which is some cases can be useful) but if the cop is having a bad day and you happen to catch gravel around a corner and fish tail the slightest bit he / she now has the power to take away your license and cost you tons of money and headache.

That being said... I might as well drive a Prius or a SMART car the way laws are changing...lol nah, that'll never happen!!!!

Last edited by ßlackßeard; 03-13-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by white94ej1
Yeah.. sorry bout that. At least I mentioned the kill

Does anyone around the southern indiana area have a boosted LT1 or LS1? Id love to go for a ride in one. Have seen some wicked ones online.
But that car would'nt have vtec.

Again nice kill the OP. The truly funny thing is, as usual most of the people here ready to throw that supra under a bus would get absolutely owned by it.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

Old 03-13-2009, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by ibepressin
But that car would'nt have vtec.

Again nice kill the OP. The truly funny thing is, as usual most of the people here ready to throw that supra under a bus would get absolutely owned by it.
I don't particularly care about VTEC, my car doesnt have it. Like I done said, I'll appreciate anything fast, like the OP stated. I just tend to like Supras more than Corvettes.. but I do prefer them wingless and pretty well stock looking. Ive seen them both outrun each other, this time the C6Z won.. also consider the amount of money spent on the car though .

As for that law passed in 07, that blows.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice races!
Old 03-13-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98gsr-t<lsx
Prolly the only statement in the last 4 pages that isn't completely full of ****.
Lol so what's that say about your posts
Old 03-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kain01
Lol so what's that say about your posts
Well there is probably one there thats not lol.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

people need to learn to set up supras properly. all the tard fanboys slap on a huge turbo and go for peak hp rather than usable power. i'm surprised the supra hung as well as it did.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix99
Believe what when you see it? Do a search on here. . guys have dyno sheets galore with before and after results. Actually don't. . I'm sure you would rather stay ignorant about it.

O and vtak stands for Variable Transistor Accumulator Kinetisizer. Just ask johnnie ricer. . lol
Why the hell am I involved in this?
Old 03-14-2009, 01:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by johnniereb08
Why the hell am I involved in this?
Wasn't referring to you. Google search johnnie ricer
Old 03-14-2009, 02:20 AM
Staging Lane

Looks like bad shifting and no brake boosting kept the race from at least being interesting. A license plate in front of the FMIC doesn't make sense either.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98gsr-t<lsx
Well there is probably one there thats not lol.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Wow... where have I been?!

Good kill to the OP, no matter what, a 550rwhp car is a 550rwhp... if he cannot drive it properly then that is another story not an excuse as he DID race.

Power to weight is a huge factor here and it shows. Even with flawless driving, the supra would of still fallen back when the Z06 hit's 4th gear. I love 4th in these cars... its just insane how much MPH you are gaining until redline.

.... I love all types of cars and a supra is a fantastic car. Motor is not perfect guys, it has it's flaws as well. However, neither is the LS7. However, those that said they would rather get a GTR or a supra I would recommend you take a ride in a C6 Z06 and with someone that knows how to drive it, see how you like it.

The R35 is JUNK!, A supra would be in my garage over that **** box! My opinion by the way! But honestly, don't hate on the Z06 because its an american car and you want to play that import, under dog card. Take a ride in one and really think about it.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by phantazn
people need to learn to set up supras properly. all the tard fanboys slap on a huge turbo and go for peak hp rather than usable power. i'm surprised the supra hung as well as it did.
There are alot of us that do. I know several midsized single turbo supras that are more concerned with streetable power than dyno numbers.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by obZidian

Good kill to the OP, no matter what, a 550rwhp car is a 550rwhp... if he cannot drive it properly then that is another story not an excuse as he DID race.

Power to weight is a huge factor here and it shows. Even with flawless driving, the supra would of still fallen back when the Z06 hit's 4th gear. I love 4th in these cars... its just insane how much MPH you are gaining until redline.

.... I love all types of cars and a supra is a fantastic car. Motor is not perfect guys, it has it's flaws as well. However, neither is the LS7. However, those that said they would rather get a GTR or a supra I would recommend you take a ride in a C6 Z06 and with someone that knows how to drive it, see how you like it.

The R35 is JUNK!, A supra would be in my garage over that **** box! My opinion by the way! But honestly, don't hate on the Z06 because its an american car and you want to play that import, under dog card. Take a ride in one and really think about it.
Agreed. . . I would LOVE to go for a ride in one, however I don't know anybody personally who owns one lol. .
Old 03-18-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojB7KkaR03I

Just a funny spoof, make sure you watch My New Haircut too if you haven't already.

I thoroughly enjoy seeing Supras and C6 Z06's, no matter what, bashing will always occur, excuses be made, non intellectual posts made, and fanboys that only know what they know by word of mouth and a friend this friend that...

All in all, both cars were awesome. Good video!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love that ******* video. Especially the part against the vette. "WHERE THE **** IS MY NOS!!!!". In all seriousness....I like ITRs, although phoenix yellow isn't my choice of colors.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TurdsOfMayhem

Just a funny spoof, make sure you watch My New Haircut too if you haven't already.

I thoroughly enjoy seeing Supras and C6 Z06's, no matter what, bashing will always occur, excuses be made, non intellectual posts made, and fanboys that only know what they know by word of mouth and a friend this friend that...

Holy ****. I forgot that video even existed. Next person that pulls up next to me, I'm startin a race.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by obZidian

But honestly, don't hate on the Z06 because its an american car and you want to play that import, under dog card. Take a ride in one and really think about it.
Yup... couldn't have said it better.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TurdsOfMayhem

hilarious video! : POWER-SHIFT YAAHHHH!!

Quick Reply: Stock C6 Z06 vs 550 rwhp Supra