Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Weak race, but good ending

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weak race, but good ending

So on the way back from the bar me and my buddy lined up. He has a 2004 Mustang (stock). I have a Corvette with some mods. My car has a distinctive sound because of LT headers, Full Borla, and a cam. Well, were sitting at a red light at 1am. I have it revved up to about 3k just waiting for the light to turn green and launch on him. Just as the light turns green and I look over to my buddy, I see a cop in the gas station parking lot. He isn't facing the street, but I know because of the sound of my car he turned his head. We couldnt have gone by him at more then 45mph (in a 35). Sure enough he pulls out and my buddy took a quick right in hopes that the cop would pull me over, which I thought was a good idea on his part. Turns out the cop pulls him over and asks "you know why I'm pulling you over?"
My buddy's response is "umm no"
The cop says "because I like corvettes better."
My friend told me about this and I couldn't stop laughing. Another reason I'm glad not to be driving a mustang.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by imkindafkedup
So on the way back from the bar me and my buddy lined up. He has a 2004 Mustang (stock). I have a Corvette with some mods. My car has a distinctive sound because of LT headers, Full Borla, and a cam. Well, were sitting at a red light at 1am. I have it revved up to about 3k just waiting for the light to turn green and launch on him. Just as the light turns green and I look over to my buddy, I see a cop in the gas station parking lot. He isn't facing the street, but I know because of the sound of my car he turned his head. We couldnt have gone by him at more then 45mph (in a 35). Sure enough he pulls out and my buddy took a quick right in hopes that the cop would pull me over, which I thought was a good idea on his part. Turns out the cop pulls him over and asks "you know why I'm pulling you over?"
My buddy's response is "umm no"
The cop says "because I like corvettes better."
My friend told me about this and I couldn't stop laughing. Another reason I'm glad not to be driving a mustang.

Cool cop, what the hell you did first...umm wouldn't even call that a race.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LMAO thats epic. Like sig worthy.

And well exhibition of speed, unsafe speed, reckless driving, endangerment of others. One of those you pissed of the cop things he'll find something.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

yea me and my friend raced my 02 Z06 vs his integra (not the white one in my vid) and a cop came up behind us with his lights on. So the integra got behind me in the right lane and i slowed down to 45 (we probably got up to 70-80). So here we are in a line the cop is next to the integra and me with his lights on. So I just keep driving 45... and after about 30 long seconds he gets on the intercom and starts yelling at the integra calling it a ricer and he needed to take that piece of **** to the track if he wants to try and race something fast... LOL it was so funny then the Cop turned off the lights and floored it past both of us. He completely gave up on us pulling over and I guess he did not want to pit us at 45mph.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

^ I won btw by like 4 cars from 30 to 70 or 80
Old 03-17-2009, 01:47 AM
Staging Lane

Lol, I have a similar story. So me and this c4 vette raced over by the local dealerships, and after i got done putting many cars on him to 80, I shut her down, and go to the nearest stoplight to leave the area. Well all of a sudden a cop pulls up beside me, tells my buddy to roll down the window, and asks who won? At first we dont answer then, my buddy goes us, the cop jaw drops and he says "No ****, you beat a corvette. What in the hell is done to that thing?" At this point in time, I'm like Holy **** Box are you serious, he proceeds to tell us to be safe and just drives off!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 06:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 06MUSTANGGT24V
Lol, I have a similar story. So me and this c4 vette raced over by the local dealerships, and after i got done putting many cars on him to 80, I shut her down, and go to the nearest stoplight to leave the area. Well all of a sudden a cop pulls up beside me, tells my buddy to roll down the window, and asks who won? At first we dont answer then, my buddy goes us, the cop jaw drops and he says "No ****, you beat a corvette. What in the hell is done to that thing?" At this point in time, I'm like Holy **** Box are you serious, he proceeds to tell us to be safe and just drives off!!!
I believe your story 100%. You live Arkansas, man. I bought my 01' Z28 in Magnolia, AR. I saw people doing crazy **** all on the streets. One guy on a motorcycle, came to a complete stop in the middle of the highway, then took off and popped a wheelie going all the way down the highway. You don't have to wear a seatbelt in AR, you can have your tint as dark as you want in AR, you can crank up your music as loud as want in AR. Hell, what really gets me is you don't have to have an inspection sticker in AR. Well, this was in Magnolia, I don't know about the rest of AR. The inspection sticker, I know for a fact, you don't have to have in AR. I found that out at the DMV when I got back home. Also, on the way home, I got a ticket for too dark of tint and a ticket for no inspection sticker. DAMN YOU ARKANSAS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:17 AM
Banned

Cops always pull people over that take there 1st right...it has guilty writen all over it.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Staging Lane

IZRED, Not all cops are like that, but yes we have no inspection, and it is awesome!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 01:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

except the reason is so they can pull you over for an inspection if they suspect there is something wrong (or so I heard)
Old 03-17-2009, 01:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99_Z28
Cops always pull people over that take there 1st right...it has guilty writen all over it.
so true, dippin into the neighborhood is 100% guilty. if you are innocent keep driving like normal. or if you make that right turn, immediately park and toss your keys into someones yard and just walk on by like nothing ever happened and they cant prove you were driving!

especially if you left the bar all liquored up!
Old 03-17-2009, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
so true, dippin into the neighborhood is 100% guilty. if you are innocent keep driving like normal. or if you make that right turn, immediately park and toss your keys into someones yard and just walk on by like nothing ever happened and they cant prove you were driving!

especially if you left the bar all liquored up!

I heard a story about a guy that left the bar SUPER drunk and the cops tried to stop him... He got the idea that if he could just make it home and get inside then he would be ok... The cops chased him for a good 15 minutes all the way to his house!!! He flew up into his front yard, jumped out of the car while it was running, ran up to the door while the cops were chasing him and slammed the door before they got him!!! The cops were slammin on the door, when all of a sudden he opened the door for the cops with a tallboy in his hand drinking it!!!!

He got charged running from the cops and lost his licence for 1 year(i think) but didnt get the DUI on his record!!! that was 1 hell of a crazzzyyyyyyy run!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 02:57 PM
12 Second Club

^ that is effin nuts dude!
Old 03-19-2009, 01:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by IZRED
I believe your story 100%. You live Arkansas, man. I bought my 01' Z28 in Magnolia, AR. I saw people doing crazy **** all on the streets. One guy on a motorcycle, came to a complete stop in the middle of the highway, then took off and popped a wheelie going all the way down the highway. You don't have to wear a seatbelt in AR, you can have your tint as dark as you want in AR, you can crank up your music as loud as want in AR. Hell, what really gets me is you don't have to have an inspection sticker in AR. Well, this was in Magnolia, I don't know about the rest of AR. The inspection sticker, I know for a fact, you don't have to have in AR. I found that out at the DMV when I got back home. Also, on the way home, I got a ticket for too dark of tint and a ticket for no inspection sticker. DAMN YOU ARKANSAS!!!!!!!!!!
In Indiana, least in my little redneck county, we don't have inspections. Tint issues vary from cop to cop, many not really caring. City cops will get you for whatever. There was an instance where a certain member of ls1tech ran from the cops and got arrested...he ran yet the group he was with did not because nobody had raced. The idiot was the only to to get into any sort of trouble.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Launching!

Lol, I posted a kill story that happened when I was on the way TO the bar and had to spend an entire page explaining that I was sober when the race happened.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Teching In

has to be one of the funniest threads i have read thusfar
Old 03-20-2009, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
Lol, I posted a kill story that happened when I was on the way TO the bar and had to spend an entire page explaining that I was sober when the race happened.

HAHAHahahhahha...... thats cuz we like to Tug on your boat!!!!! lol <<tugboat after slammin a few and running the G8 all night!

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 03-20-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, that's a funny story. Did your buddy get nailed with a bad ticket?
Old 03-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

In Mississippi only MHP can write a no motor vehicle inspection ticket, in order to write an illegal tint ticket we have to have our tint tester with us. We can't pull you over for illegal tint (we can but we can't because, you have to establish probable cause) and have another patrol officer come and test your car for illegal tint.

I miss being the po po!

Last edited by 94Mustang302ci; 03-20-2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: my spelling sucks ass today!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Haha, that's a funny story. Did your buddy get nailed with a bad ticket?
Fortunately he did not. My friend and the cop both got a good laugh out of the situation it seems. He did run the plates and my buddy's license and let him go. He has no prior offenses so I'm sure that helped him out. I'm sure at that time of night, he was just making sure he didn't drink to much.