Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Whats with all those old a$$hole vette drivers

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 10:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats with all those old a$$hole vette drivers

This is not kill story, but it bugs me, so I figured I'd post it. A little while back, I was driving to the local walmart when I see this newer white corvette(I am not sure about the year or exact model) in my rearview. He was weaving in and out of traffic, without using signals(which really bugs me). He cut a bunch of people off and was being a total a$$hole driver. Anyway, I do my best to catch up to him, without being another a$$hole driver. I finally manage to pull up next to him at a light and I look in. It is an older guy on his damn cell phone(Here in NY, it is illegal to talk on your cell phone and drive). I wished sooo bad that my car was faster. I woulda showed him his car isnt all that.(It looked pretty stock to me) When the light turns green I gun it anyway and he just blows by me and continues to cut people off. This is not the first time I have seen this(old guy driving like an a$$ in a vette). Why do they think they are such tough sh*t? I know a lot of you guys coulda set him straight. I guess its more reason to get an ls1 I hope I didnt offend any of you vette guys here, I am just making a general statement that doesnt apply to all vette drivers(just most of the old guy vette drivers)
Old 10-22-2003, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Whats with all those old a$$hole vette drivers

didnt see your sig, I was going to say if you were in a ls1 bird or camaro, with the slightest of mods and drving well you could have shown him how its done
Old 10-22-2003, 10:48 AM
STF Veteran

What's with all the a$$#ole Jetta guys in this forum??? :p J/K. I hate when people talk on the phone when driving! I saw a chick on the freeway the other day talking on her cell while putting makeup on in the visor mirror and had a standard! J/K about the standard.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Shouldn't you just say; "What's up with ******* drivers?".

A driver doesn't have to be old to be an *******, and they don't have to be driving a Vette to be an *******. Being an "*******" is neither age, gender,race or vehicle specific. They are ******** from all walks of life driving all kinds of cars or vehicles period.

I agree there are people who drive Corvettes, Porsches, BMWs, Mercedes or any high dollar car, who think they are somehow transformed because of the vehicle they drive. They are truly arrogant ******. The've somehow confused a persons material possesions with a persons popularity or personality and even worth. That is indeed shallow and deserving of insults.

I've heard a lot of people on here try to generalize Vette owners as ******** or ****** for various reasons, when in fact those same reasons could apply to a person who drives any car or truck.

This sucks because I spent the last 8 years driving f-bodies. In 95 I bought a 96 Camaro v6 and traded it in for a 97 Z-28 (LT1) and traded it in for a 99 Camaro SS (LS1) and finally traded it in about 6 weeks ago for a 2003 Corvette. It took me a long time to finally get into a position to get a new Vette, only to find out that I have a target on my back because I drive one. They failed to mention that to me when I bought it. Salesman; "yeah great car...but everyone will ******* hate you because you own one, but we are giving a discount for that."

So I will say, not all Corvette owners think they have the best car in the world or the fastest car in the world or that they are somehow better than you because they own one. Anyone on this site who knows me personally, and that is a lot of people in the Houston area, know that I am a modest person and am not disillusioned in any way. I have owned way more Camaros than Vettes, just because I happen to have two at the moment doesn't mean I think I'm special. In fact it just makes me feel lucky, not to be confused with arrogant.

Stepping down from soap box now....

Dean
Old 10-23-2003, 12:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dean's right. It's just a stereotype, albeit a very accurate one... But I do know many cool Vette drivers.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:24 AM
STF Veteran

I don't see too many 20something guys like me driving vettes. mostly it IS old guys... however very rarely do i see them acting like ********. normally they just sit in their lane doing the speed limit like good little boys. makes me wonder why they even bother to get something with ***** if they're gonna treat it like a little girl. *Shrug* at least they're not acting like ********.

the biggest ******* drivers i see in traffic are the people who've put a suspension kit on their maxima or cavalier and therefore think they've got some ****** nascar racer under them, weaving in and out of traffic at 20mph+ faster than everybody else.

speaking of vettes, if i'm lucky, i'll get a chance to take on my uncle's vette this weekend. he's got an '03 50th anniversary. i'm thinkin i've got no chance (it's got more hp and less weight). here's hoping my cousin-in-law can't drive. hah.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

the biggest ******* drivers i see in traffic are the people who've put a suspension kit on their maxima or cavalier and therefore think they've got some ****** nascar racer under them, weaving in and out of traffic at 20mph+ faster than everybody else.
Amen, I completely agree.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dean's right. It's just a stereotype, albeit a very accurate one... But I do know many cool Vette drivers.
Thanks Mario, I hope I'm included in the cool Vette driver category.
But I am neither an old fart or a young man, just in my late 30s. I have been into sports cars since high school and my first love was a used 1971 Camaro. I have been partial to the General since my first car and have owned many Camaros and Vettes. I just hate to see people stereotype the drivers of one of GMs sports cars.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

My father wants a C5, he's been into cars for a while, owned a couple of Camaros (first and second gen), and later had a nice *** Monte 305 that he got into 13s. He's been out of the car scene for a while, but ever since I've started following his footsteps he's fallen back in again. He really wants an LT4 C4 or a C5, I keep telling him to trade in the Exploder, but then we wouldn't have a winter vehicle...

Btw, you and Flynlo are a couple of the coolest vette guys i know
Old 10-23-2003, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Amen, I completely agree.
I second that, anyone who needlessly endangers other people is an *******. If you want to play, do it when it is safe.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

My father wants a C5, he's been into cars for a while, owned a couple of Camaros (first and second gen), and later had a nice *** Monte 305 that he got into 13s. He's been out of the car scene for a while, but ever since I've started following his footsteps he's fallen back in again. He really wants an LT4 C4 or a C5, I keep telling him to trade in the Exploder, but then we wouldn't have a winter vehicle...

Btw, you and Flynlo are a couple of the coolest vette guys i know
Thanks, I appreciate that. John got me hooked on wanting another Vette, especially a Z06.
If your dad goes with a C4, talk him into getting a ZR1!
If he goes to a C5, as you know, you can make an LS1 put out 400 hp with bolt ons. So he doesn't neccessarily have to get a Z06 to have a fast one. You could help him mod it.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:17 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks, Mario......and I agree with everything above.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

totally agree, and I WANT A C6!!!!! and i will be a cool vette driver. arrogance = *******! i have driven the bronco since i was 15, and i have done all my work on the mustang and the bronc. all that has made me do is be a modest person, and respect the vehicle you have. that is the problem nowadays. kids my age get brand new vettes and 03 cobras, and then rag them out, and when it blows, they return to their parents, and they buy them a faster car. i dont get it. i think most kids should pay for half of their first cars, and at least learn the basics of how to tune them!
Old 10-23-2003, 10:07 AM
Banned

hmm I am not an *******, and I also not old so to speak, just lil ole 30 and worked my A$$ off to get this car. I do drive fast and love the vette over the camaro, even though the camaro is more of a drag car, and the vette is more of a cruiser car.

JET
Old 10-23-2003, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know some cool vette drivers as well....but the stereotype fits perfectly.....seems to only happen with the C5 generation though. Those arrogant ******* babyboomers are the prime market for them. It is because of them that I will have no social security when i get old.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Shouldn't you just say; "What's up with ******* drivers?".

A driver doesn't have to be old to be an *******, and they don't have to be driving a Vette to be an *******. Being an "*******" is neither age, gender,race or vehicle specific. They are ******** from all walks of life driving all kinds of cars or vehicles period.

I agree there are people who drive Corvettes, Porsches, BMWs, Mercedes or any high dollar car, who think they are somehow transformed because of the vehicle they drive. They are truly arrogant ******. The've somehow confused a persons material possesions with a persons popularity or personality and even worth. That is indeed shallow and deserving of insults.

I've heard a lot of people on here try to generalize Vette owners as ******** or ****** for various reasons, when in fact those same reasons could apply to a person who drives any car or truck.

This sucks because I spent the last 8 years driving f-bodies. In 95 I bought a 96 Camaro v6 and traded it in for a 97 Z-28 (LT1) and traded it in for a 99 Camaro SS (LS1) and finally traded it in about 6 weeks ago for a 2003 Corvette. It took me a long time to finally get into a position to get a new Vette, only to find out that I have a target on my back because I drive one. They failed to mention that to me when I bought it. Salesman; "yeah great car...but everyone will ******* hate you because you own one, but we are giving a discount for that."

So I will say, not all Corvette owners think they have the best car in the world or the fastest car in the world or that they are somehow better than you because they own one. Anyone on this site who knows me personally, and that is a lot of people in the Houston area, know that I am a modest person and am not disillusioned in any way. I have owned way more Camaros than Vettes, just because I happen to have two at the moment doesn't mean I think I'm special. In fact it just makes me feel lucky, not to be confused with arrogant.

Stepping down from soap box now....

Dean
You are completely right. Im sorry if I offended anyone. I guess this guy just really pissed me off. No turn signals, driving in and out of traffic, cutting people off, talking on his cell phone. I guess its cuz its not the only person I saw doing it that was over like 50. So, I guess I jumped to conclusions to soon. Also, I think that ALL the vette guys on here are cool, as they know their stuff, and know that their car isnt the best car ever made. You guys know the limits of your car, and Im sure dont drive too recklacely(hmm, i smell spelling error) Like I said, I have seen several Old guys(50 and over) around my area that drive like ********, so I guess this one guy set me off and I made a stereotype.

And Yeah, those stupid kids with the ground effects kits and stuff on the maxima and the caviliers and stuff in general are ********. There are a lot of civic's around here. One time... this guy in a celica, going like 65+ in a 40(double yellow lines, too) comes up behind me and passes me without ever slowing down. I guess guys like that are the more frequent ********.

Anyway, sorry this is so long, Im sorry if I offended anyone. Maybe I put my foot in my mouth? on
Old 10-23-2003, 11:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Dean, your not old so why did it bother you? I feel the same way about old people in general.... :p
Old 10-23-2003, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

People are ********.

just the other day, I'm sitting at a red light with the top off second car in line. Its a two way street with no turning lanes. Well some ******* from the next street turns right to go the opposite direction i'm facing. Stops on side of me blocking traffic behind him, drops it into first and does the worst attempt at smoking the tires. There was no smoke an a little chirp of the tires and he took off. WTF. I called him a *******. Not why are all < 96 mustang GT owners ********.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm only 33 and I drive the **** outta my vette. I try not to be an *******. I still respect F-bodies. Sometimes I miss my ol WS6. I try to wave at everyone. I do admit it pisses me off sometimes when I wave at another vette owner and they look at me like "what are you doing". Usually they are "older".
Old 10-23-2003, 01:03 PM
Staging Lane

You know...I can somewhat understand what is being said. I traded in my 96 collectors edition vette for my WS6. When I had the vette everyone gave me this look like "Oh you must think you are better than me" And that was far from it. I know a lot of vette owners that are very down to earth. One guy in particular will tell you that his camaro will spank his vette anyday. Then there is the other handfull that just have that mindset that no F-body is better than their longest lasting american muscle car. It really just depends on the individual.