Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

People that talk crap

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 08:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default People that talk crap

Damn, theres this kid at my highschool and all he does is talk mess. He drives a Mustang GT and says that I'm just gonna be another person to his "list" of kills. This **** pisses me off. Everybody is like "oh he has something up his sleeve for you, thats all i got to say". Man, I just don't want to loose when i race him, i wanna beat him and take this kids $200. He sounds really confident about his stuff and hes very loaded with his mommy and daddys money. Theres rumors that hes gonna spray when he races me. How should i feel, be confident and race him when i install the converter and nittos or be nervous when i install the converter and nittos? sorry so long, just had to rant. thanx.
-Brent

p.s. I'm only 16 and i save up for every part plus installation so $200 is alot to me.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: People that talk crap

Im a HS senior, and I feel you when it comes to the $hit talkers, also that I gotta save up for parts too. Good luck on your race, and I hope nothing but bad things for that GT drivin' crap-talker.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

OOh, these kinda races are almost worth bringing your car over and "borrowing" a few things laying around the garage We could have that car in the 10's in 24 hours easily But seriously, get some sticky tires and win the race right off the line.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:14 PM
Banned

tell him you know a guy with a heavy *** white silverado that'll race him for 200. he might just be a cocky ******* like me and sound confident even when he might not have a chance
Old 10-22-2003, 09:21 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my experience with highschool ****-talkers, they all have either no idea about what they are talking about, or generally just think their cars are fast. Some idiot in my physics class was telling me about how he was supercharging his COLT for 60+ hp. He showed me the ad and it said "supercharge your car", an ad for one of those tornado things you put in the air inlet tube. Never laughed so hard in my life.

Anyways, what year mustang is it, and find out what hes got. If it's a 5.0, he'll need gears cam, and possibly nitrous. Depending upon what heads and upper and lower plenum hes running, if any at all. If its a 4.6, laugh in his face and race him for $300. I smoked a brand new GT the other day with 3 other people in my car, and I honestly wasn't trying very hard at all. Don't get nervous, race him and tell the school how many car lengths were between your car and his LOL!
Rob
Old 10-22-2003, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

First find out what he has in his gt. Probably just exhaust. I doubt he's spraying. You should be able to handle him easily . unless he's spraying. Tell him to pop the hood and let you see what he's got. If he says "no", tell him to stop being a ***** ricer and pop it or you won't race. Im pretty sure he knows what you got so tell him to let you see what he has.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

In my experience with highschool ****-talkers, they all have either no idea about what they are talking about, or generally just think their cars are fast. Some idiot in my physics class was telling me about how he was supercharging his COLT for 60+ hp. He showed me the ad and it said "supercharge your car", an ad for one of those tornado things you put in the air inlet tube. Never laughed so hard in my life.

Anyways, what year mustang is it, and find out what hes got. If it's a 5.0, he'll need gears cam, and possibly nitrous. Depending upon what heads and upper and lower plenum hes running, if any at all. If its a 4.6, laugh in his face and race him for $300. I smoked a brand new GT the other day with 3 other people in my car, and I honestly wasn't trying very hard at all. Don't get nervous, race him and tell the school how many car lengths were between your car and his LOL!
Rob
He has the 4/6 with some "internal work done", 4.10 gears, good traction, full exhaust with an x-pipe with no cats, intake, bigger injectors and pullies. Those are the mods that i know of. I just hate it when i ask people what they think and they're like "He's gonna take you so bad".
Old 10-22-2003, 11:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I was a senior in HS last year. The best way to figure out his combo is to figure out a way for one of your friends that knows his stuff to check out his car. I remember in a car and driver magazine a while back, where they took a 4.6 'stang and added a whole bunch of stuff to it. Heads, intake, and headers I think. Eventually a supercharger too. The fastest it went WITH the superharger was 13.3 in the quarter. You could take him I think, maybe some sticky tires like mentioned earlier for insurance.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:23 AM
TECH Addict

Get those stickies and converter and work his a$$. He's probably trying to get in your head to mess you up. And don't worry about everyone telling you that your gonna get worked. The wide majority of highschool kids think that Mustangs are the best car in the world. Just run your race and show them the power of the LS1. You guys are going to a track right?
Old 10-23-2003, 10:44 AM
TECH Junkie

OOh, these kinda races are almost worth bringing your car over and "borrowing" a few things laying around the garage We could have that car in the 10's in 24 hours easily But
That would be fun. The official LS1Tech-sponsored racecar...
Old 10-23-2003, 11:06 AM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

If it's a 2 valve 4.6(not a cobra) I think you could give him the move with your car bone stock and take him...haha
Old 10-23-2003, 12:01 PM
Motorboater

Well my first suggestion would be make sure you can drive your car. If you don't have that converter in yet, don't put it in the day before you race him, a converter will change the car alot..not too mention if your tuning doesn't like it and you bounce off rev limiters between shifts against him, that would be embarassing..always know the car and YOU as driver are 100 percent before a money race.

Do it on the street..and LEAVE ON HIM. he chases you tough ****, he pays.

if you can't get VHT, bring at the very least some mountain dew for your burnout, and make sure the road is concrete not asphalt.

another thought is there really is nothign wrong with saying you want a race on nuts only..talk some **** yourself saying if he has to hose that thing down to run a stock motored ls1 then he outta push if off a cliff.

make him prove motor only, and tell him he sprays he pays(check the car before and after race).

good luck dude
Old 10-23-2003, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make him run NA, be careful not to spin, wax dat azz!

Oh, and if you're running drag radials and he's not...let him spray all he wants. He doesn't stand a chance without traction.
Old 10-23-2003, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Work that guy like a part time job. If you could postpone, do the nittos and converter and you will be measuring by buslengths by the time the quarter is up. He doesnt stand a chance
Old 10-23-2003, 02:12 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Ditto on that Silverghost said, but I'd get the converter in and the Nittos on, and practice, maybe borrow a G-Tech.

His stang might pull you off the line if he's a drag radial too but you will put like 5-6 cars on him no problem unless his car is properly setup.

If you know where you are racing, try the spot and see how hard you can launch.

Also if you race for money have a 3rd-party hold it.
Old 10-23-2003, 02:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey I live in Houston, will he race me for that $200... he can spray the **** out of the 4.6..
Old 10-23-2003, 02:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just play dumb and tell him you have a hypertech chip that gave you 100rwhp and that you have cam heads and cam gears...
Old 10-23-2003, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

LMFAO.

My favorite is still the LS1Tech sponsored car. Lets show em what we can really do. Hehehe
Old 10-23-2003, 02:58 PM
Motorboater

lol bos, cam heads.

forgot, bring dudes with you..make sure one of your people goes in the car that marks the quarter, if he's got a stickbox and is smart he will try to stretch the quarter to take advantage of his MPH(especially if hosing it down) and that person can watch the finish so his guys can't try and bs in a close race.

like PSJ said, practice if you are a track racer. street isn't the same thing at all. you blow the tires off and you will keep spinning, your only sticky spot is the one you make with your tires in the burnout, the concrete won't help you past the 60 foot if even that.

lastly, I'd video tape it so you have evidence of the beat down(also so evidence of winner if there is an argument)

Old 10-23-2003, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

Get those stickies and converter and work his a$$. He's probably trying to get in your head to mess you up. And don't worry about everyone telling you that your gonna get worked. The wide majority of highschool kids think that Mustangs are the best car in the world. Just run your race and show them the power of the LS1. You guys are going to a track right?
Yea. We're going to do it at Houston Raceway Park in baytown. Lots of people from my school are going too just to watch. It would be cool if alot of you guys showed up and supported me too.

Thanx everyone for all of the posts. I now feel pretty confident and I also plan on doing alot of practice before i race him, like finding the right rpm to launch at etc..