Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice
View Poll Results: What type of street racing does your city do mostly?
Dig races
37.90%
Roll races
62.10%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Dig races or Roll races? What does your city mostly do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
Roger.. you bitch like a girl.
Seriously, you are from Pennsylvania ....
Old 05-14-2009, 01:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ibepressin
Again why is the guys with the autos are always taking about how easy it it to drive a stick? It's like the guy who has never ridden a motorcycle talking about how easy it is to ride a sportbike. Every single one of you auto guys running fast times with slow speed would trade up 300whp in a second if you could. Last time I'm saying this. There is a huge difference between launching a 450whp auto and a 750+whp stick on the street. I guess the bitterness comes from getting blown by at the 1000ft by a car going 20mph faster. I'll go from a dig or a roll on the street. I just don't get the hypocrisy of an argument about skill when your car is designed to take your skill as a driver out of the equation.
So then its fair to say, racing from a roll takes out 99% of the driver too as well correct? Cause you do still have to know how to shift atleast 1 gear maybe 2, but that isn't tough at all. Cause driving an auto i'd agree takes 99% of the driver out racing from a dig, because you still have to know how to launch which isnt too hard if you know your car.

To each his own man. I understand what you are getting at, but we always will have something in return to say. it goes on for days and years and centuries.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Roger Z06
Seriously, you are from Pennsylvania ....
You're from Mississippi. What difference does it make?
Old 05-14-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Roll Racing is a reflection of horsepower...and nothing else. Hence the 1000hp supras and such. Dig racing is a reflection of the car as a whole. I've always said i'm a *****, i'll get it any way I can, but a roll race means nothing to me. With some of the tools that live around here, you HAVE to roll race to get some. Personally, I'd rather have a 300whp car that runs 11's on the track AND the street, than a 550whp or 750+whp car that cannot do work at less than 40mph. Why spend money on power that cannot be used effectively?Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I don't see anyone betting money on roll races, counting points in sanctioning bodies of roll racing, or judging the quickness of a car period. It's always "well it's fast...from a roll", but what do I know...I'm just from MS.BTW, roger coulding hustle a hooker out of her panties

Last edited by jdiddyws6; 05-14-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:28 PM
12 Second Club

Roger is a Hick, and you're a homo! hahahahahahahahahaahahaha

JP guys! please dont hate me
Old 05-14-2009, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Its in the Geneva Convention, look it up!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
Roger is a Hick, and you're a homo! hahahahahahahahahaahahaha

JP guys! please dont hate me
Hating in progress.... DONE,

***NO RACISM***

Last edited by Sarge_13; 05-14-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pnyklr-ta
ahhhhh chit homes! You try'n to starrrr a figh ohhhhh whaaaaaa!?

But seriously im 75% german and about as white as it gets. . .

werd!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ibepressin
Again why is the guys with the autos are always taking about how easy it it to drive a stick? It's like the guy who has never ridden a motorcycle talking about how easy it is to ride a sportbike. Every single one of you auto guys running fast times with slow speed would trade up 300whp in a second if you could. Last time I'm saying this. There is a huge difference between launching a 450whp auto and a 750+whp stick on the street. I guess the bitterness comes from getting blown by at the 1000ft by a car going 20mph faster. I'll go from a dig or a roll on the street. I just don't get the hypocrisy of an argument about skill when your car is designed to take your skill as a driver out of the equation.
1). I have owned and raced several manual cars. I'm no stranger to a clutch and a shifter. I just prefer the stalled auto.

2). I wouldn't trade anything I have. Right now I am enjoying running mid 11's and staying just above the point where I need a roll bar. Once I'm ready I'll move into the next stage which is heads, roll bar, 12 bolt and N20.

3). I was responding to this:

Originally Posted by IFRYRCE
Auto owners always wanna dig race talking about driving skill. hahaha nothing about an auto takes skill, you build the car mash the gas and it hooks or it doesn't.

I'll dig or roll, but IMO, the only time it makes a difference either way is if both of you are stick. It doesn't matter how you start if all you have to do is mash the gas and hold on.

:flamesuit:
I noticed you didn't give him a hard time for starting this. Gee, I wonder why that is?

4). Any real drag racer will tell you that most races are won in the first 60 feet. R/T, burnout & launching teqnique are critical to winning races against evenly matched cars.

Finally, I have no problem with manuals. To each his own. But don't try to tell me that autos suck or take the driver out of the equasion. And as far as bitterness goes you should check out my thread on me beating a 500+ HP Cobra. The real bitterness I see is when I beat guys like him (I ran 11.8 @ 116 and he ran 11.8 @ 124) but they don't give me a thumbs up or make excuses as to why thier clutch is slipping or tune is off.

But like I said, to each his own.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by darrensls1
1). I have owned and raced several manual cars. I'm no stranger to a clutch and a shifter. I just prefer the stalled auto.

2). I wouldn't trade anything I have. Right now I am enjoying running mid 11's and staying just above the point where I need a roll bar. Once I'm ready I'll move into the next stage which is heads, roll bar, 12 bolt and N20.

3). I was responding to this:

I noticed you didn't give him a hard time for starting this. Gee, I wonder why that is?

4). Any real drag racer will tell you that most races are won in the first 60 feet. R/T, burnout & launching teqnique are critical to winning races against evenly matched cars.

Finally, I have no problem with manuals. To each his own. But don't try to tell me that autos suck or take the driver out of the equasion. And as far as bitterness goes you should check out my thread on me beating a 500+ HP Cobra. The real bitterness I see is when I beat guys like him (I ran 11.8 @ 116 and he ran 11.8 @ 124) but they don't give me a thumbs up or make excuses as to why thier clutch is slipping or tune is off.

But like I said, to each his own.
Hey Hey Hey everyone, don't argue !!! Arguing is NOT what this thread is about, it was made to calmly discuss whether Roll or Dig racing was best.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
It has nothing to do about skill guys, it has to do with the fact that 700rwhp + IRS = SNAP!!!!!
Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Ok for the sake of arguement, you have seen the world record settings BoostLogic Supra right? The black one that runs 7's and goes 248mph in the standing mile?

STOCK IRS REAR. Dont believe me then look it up. So yeah I will make 800hp on my stock IRS while they make 1500hp on theirs.
so what your getting at is if you make twice your horsepower and hook on the track then you are fine, but slightly spinning/hooking on the street with your power level means parts will break?
Old 05-14-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Stock irs gtos are fairly stout compared to others...I mean there are plenty going really fast at the tracks. And if 700whp+stock IRS=snap, then shouldn't 600whp+built IRS=lots of hurt feelings?
Old 05-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by jdiddyws6
Stock irs gtos are fairly stout compared to others...I mean there are plenty going really fast at the tracks. And if 700whp+stock IRS=snap, then shouldn't 600whp+built IRS=lots of hurt feelings?
no, if you weren't from mississippi you would know that 700 whp in a GTO on the street is a force on the rear that is exponentially greater than 1500 whp in a "racecar" supra
Old 05-14-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Really? Since I'm from MS, can you explain to me how an engine with half as much hp can exert an exponentially greater force on a rear end on an unprepped area, since we are talking about street racing from a dig vs standing mile?
Old 05-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Restricted User

Really? Since I'm from MS, can you explain to me how an engine with half as much hp can exert an exponentially greater force on a rear end on an unprepped area, since we are talking about street racing from a dig vs standing mile?
because he is GTO Jimmy, the most feared roll racer in all of the continental united states, and you are jdiddy an inferior redneck hillbilly piece of trailer park trash

I bet you go to the full extent of using those T-Tops don't you joe dirt jr
Old 05-14-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FMS_FTW
because he is GTO Jimmy, the most feared roll racer in all of the continental united states, and you are jdiddy an inferior redneck hillbilly piece of trailer park trash

I bet you go to the full extent of using those T-Tops don't you joe dirt jr
He may be GTO Jimmy, and he may be a feared roll racer...in the sense that one could fear a roll racer, but there are more "fearsome" roll racers to be had. OMG, I'm the inferior redneck blah blah personal insult number one, oh the pain. Yes, I do love using the T-tops cruising the beach, and crushin folks. Too bad my mullet isn't long enough to tickle your nose while I'm putting bus lengths on you with those wonderous pieces of redneck legacy off of my mullet mobile.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Restricted User

He may be GTO Jimmy, and he may be a feared roll racer...in the sense that one could fear a roll racer, but there are more "fearsome" roll racers to be had. OMG, I'm the inferior redneck blah blah personal insult number one, oh the pain. Yes, I do love using the T-tops cruising the beach, and crushin folks. Too bad my mullet isn't long enough to tickle your nose while I'm putting bus lengths on you with those wonderous pieces of redneck legacy off of my mullet mobile.
buslengths

you must have more mods then whats in your sig because your gonna need a little more then a barely 11 sec car to keep a good look at my rear bumper princess

I see from your avatar that your car is red, same color as the fluid that must pump out of your vagina when you realize how much of an insect you are
Old 05-14-2009, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

Get'em Jdiddy, and how dare you insult Jimmy although he contradicted himself on multiple occasions.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FMS_FTW
because he is GTO Jimmy, the most feared roll racer in all of the continental united states
Well we would have Z0 Fast weigh in on how he is the best Roll-Racer on Either side of the Mississippi River, but Jimmy Banned him because he got had by Z0
Old 05-14-2009, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, buslengths, It's kind of hard to studder on the internet, and I'm so proud that you made it through that big word. Yes, I have more mods than the sig, as alot of people do scouting before racing. Racing is all in good fun for me. I just asked an easy question, and you get all riled up. I see from your avatar, that your a fan of whichever FMS you're a fan of, your car is invisible, like your sense of modesty, and yes, my car is red...much like the color of your "cars" metaphorical *** after it gets done raping it. Blah Blah Blah, insect personal insult number two blah blah

Quick Reply: Dig races or Roll races? What does your city mostly do?