Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Good cop story (long)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good cop story (long)

So, once again, I was out racing on a Saturday night. A buddy of mine has been wanting me to race a co-worker of his for a really long time, and we FINALLY set up the race. This guy showed up in a very burly sounding 347 fox body, and was ready to run.

He wanted to run on the highway because of traction issues, so, being the nice guy that I am, I agreed. We decide to go on a nice stretch of 4 lane highway. By 4, I mean 4 lanes in each direction.

Lots of people had been looking forward to this race, so we had MANY followers. There were 5 or 6 cars full of people that tagged along for this race.

Well, myself, the Mustang, and my buddy on his R6 led the way to this stretch of highway. What we didn't know, was that a county cop had merged in right behind us.

We got to the stretch, and myself, the Mustang, and the R6 all lined up at about 65mph. I honked three times, and we were off. We all took it to about 150, and I won by about 5 or 6 cars. The R6 was a few cars behind the Mustang too, so I REALLY killed him. My friend that was riding with me got it all on tape. It was great!!!

Anyway, once we hit 150, I backed out of it and started slowing down. Since I was so far ahead, I just hit my blinker, and went all the way to the right lane, because we had planned to get off at the next exit.

All of a sudden, I see a cop in my rear view mirror in the lane to my left. WTF???? So, I slowed down to about 65 or so. One of my friends that had hung behind to watch the race flew up on my *** so the cop couldn't get behind me. Thanks to him for that!!

The cop paced me for about a minute, and slowly started creeping by me in the lane to my left. As he was passing me slowly, I looked over, and he looked at me. He looked over, gave me a smirk, and just kept on going. He didn't bother ANY of us. God, I was so releived. Talk about a cool cop!!

After that, my cell phone started ringing off the hook.

"Did you see that?"
"Where did he come from?"

That was all I heard. We drove back to our meeting spot, and talked about the whole thing.

It turned out that the cop watched the whole thing from behind us, and I had no idea he was back there. My buddies all said that they were calling my cell phone to warn me of the cop that was right next to them watching us get ready to fire off, but I guess I didn't hear it over horns and exhaust and ****.

I went straight home after discussing it with my buddies. I think I will take a few weekends off.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

DAMN you lucky bastard, someone was watching your ***!!
Old 11-03-2003, 04:03 PM
TECH Regular

I think he let us go because there was no traffic. If we had been weaving through traffic (which I never do), it prolly would have been way different.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow, what luck. Nice run.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:11 PM
TECH Junkie

damn, your lucky. Also, Nice Kill!
Old 11-04-2003, 02:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nice kill. man, you are one lucky mutha_!!
Old 11-04-2003, 02:27 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow i'm tracshed ....

nice kill.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Nice kills! ....and luck!

Sounds like your buddy on the R6 can't ride and the stang was on motor, just curious.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kills. You lucky punk, I woulda been met at my house by the cops in my town.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:43 PM
STF Veteran

WOW! Nice kills, awesome luck!
Old 11-04-2003, 07:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by titanium barchetta
Nice kills! ....and luck!

Sounds like your buddy on the R6 can't ride and the stang was on motor, just curious.
Yeah, the stang was all motor, but run what ya brung, ya know. I prolly would have hung with him without the bottle though. Not sure how good of a rider my buddy is, but he's had his bike for quite a while now. It's like a 97 or 98, so I think it's a little underpowered compared to the new ones.

Either way, they both got stomped.

BTW, bikes have no top end.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man, you are so lucky. Doing 150, and the cop didn't even pull you over, must of been a cool cop!
Old 11-04-2003, 08:00 PM
STF Veteran

Man you lucky bastard, congrats on the kills....good way to show that furd and the bike some tail lights

Justin