Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed an 06 Magnum r/t in my 05 CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009 | 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

Default Killed an 06 Magnum r/t in my 05 CTS-V

I had this dude at work talking about how I couldn’t handle the power of the HEMI in his magnum!!! Well today we had a company BBQ and I was sitting with this him and we were talking about cars in general when he asked me to go run his "almighty HEMI"!(he was giving me that ur gonna eat **** grin the hole time) I said sure and off we went!!!

1st run:

The Magnum didn’t even wait for me to line up before he launched and I was like 3 or 4 cars back! I ran out the top of 2nd gear spun into 3rd for a second before my t/c kicked in right as I was passing him and put about 3 cars on it before I wound her down and did a U-turn to go back to work!

We then get back and the first think the other guy said before I could even get out of my car was "I had to slow down cause of a truck on my side of the road! I would have had you" WTF!!!!! I said "get back in your car cause we're going again"

2nd run:

I was in front with the r/t behind me so I waived the r/t up to get next to me! The guy then gets up next to me so I was about to tell him that I would honk to 3 but the lil bastard just took off again!!! Ok, this time I drop her into 3rd gear, stop his pull and put about 6 cars on him by the time I was done!!! We then get back and the first thing he says to me is that he let off By this time Im like **** it, no more ricer excuses cause "the LS6 just handed you "your" ***!!!" He then said "yah" and then admitted that my **** is fast and it screams!!!!! It felt soooo good to finally put this kill in here cause I've been hearing nothing but "my hemi's gonna give to your azz" from this dude allll week!!!!
Old 05-20-2009 | 08:34 PM
Launching!

i hate when people refuse to give you a clean race. kill kill regardless. lol
Old 05-20-2009 | 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

Nice kill

Those R/Ts are dog slow
Old 05-20-2009 | 11:08 PM

Good to see you getting some kills with the V
Old 05-21-2009 | 12:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Good to see you getting some kills with the V
lol, thanks! I notice that I've done A LOT of racing over the last 2 weeks and posted them up in here! I really need to cool it cause its gonna catch up to me soon!
Old 05-21-2009 | 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Nice kill

Those R/Ts are dog slow
Your not kidding! But the guy with the r/t had nooo idea... lol
Old 05-21-2009 | 12:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hotroddin
i hate when people refuse to give you a clean race. kill kill regardless. lol
I notice that almost all my races feel a lot like people trying to do ricer fly byes on me!!! Its starting to get kind of old!
Old 05-21-2009 | 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
lol, thanks! I notice that I've done A LOT of racing over the last 2 weeks and posted them up in here! I really need to cool it cause its gonna catch up to me soon!
LOL yeah you have, dont recall seeing a loss yet though, hmmm, maybe the world needs more education about the everybody stomping power of the lsx.

Two guys i work with have hemi chargers, one 07 and one 08. both have refused to race me. but other people, those not driving sports cars at all, talk **** to me about the chargers will win. go figure
Old 05-21-2009 | 09:32 AM
11 Second Club

I notice that almost all my races feel a lot like people trying to do ricer fly byes on me!!! Its starting to get kind of old!
I promise our race will be a clean one! You gonna post the story regardless of the outcome? We should get a vid, I'm thinking...
Old 05-21-2009 | 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
I promise our race will be a clean one! You gonna post the story regardless of the outcome? We should get a vid, I'm thinking...
I will post it regardless! It would be better to vid it so we could let the race do all the talking for us
Old 05-21-2009 | 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

Nice kill! I like reading CTS-V kills. Always told myself I would have one one day ever since I took a few around a track short track in Vegas. Cadillac with a 6-speed and a badass V8 with looks to kill. Doesn't get much better than that.
Old 05-21-2009 | 11:01 AM
Teching In

Nice kill. Seems like your having a lot of fun with the new ride. Just be careful out there.

On a somewhat related side note, I saw an 09 CTS-V at the mall yesterday. It was one of those contest things where you can win it. Man did that thing look nice! Only things I didn't like were the slushbox and the $70,000 sticker price.
Old 05-21-2009 | 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by b4christ15
Nice kill. Seems like your having a lot of fun with the new ride. Just be careful out there.

On a somewhat related side note, I saw an 09 CTS-V at the mall yesterday. It was one of those contest things where you can win it. Man did that thing look nice! Only things I didn't like were the slushbox and the $70,000 sticker price.
I also saw my first one the other day driving around. Looked sick as hell but unfortunately he was going the other way so I couldn't line up with him. I would imagine it would be a kickass race depending on if we went from a dig or a roll.

I do like this quote, though:

"The final-drive ratio of the automatic cars has been tweaked to ensure comparable performance to the manual versions, and the paddle-shift manual mode allows drivers to hold gears until the engine is bouncing off the rev limiter." - Motor Trend

Nothing like nailing the limiter in a 550hp, $70k Caddy.
Old 05-21-2009 | 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

And here's a great comparison article between the 09 M5 and 09 CTS-V for anyone interested - two badass freakin cars right there:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html
Old 05-21-2009 | 11:27 AM
Launching!

I was going to say this dude races more in a week than i do in a year Props on a bad a$$ car!
Old 05-21-2009 | 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Nice kill! I like reading CTS-V kills. Always told myself I would have one one day ever since I took a few around a track short track in Vegas. Cadillac with a 6-speed and a badass V8 with looks to kill. Doesn't get much better than that.
Thanks! He had it coming for the the last week! I cant stand when people that have no idea what they are talking about start bragging about how they can destroy all!!! I could have been a dick and told him that his car is lucky if it would hit 13.9 in the 1/4... It was a beautiful day and I was full on free hot dogs and mountain dew so I was def game for this show down!!!

I would also have to say if your thinking about getting a V, then now is the time! They are cheap collectors items! I believe only 22k to 25k were only made for all 04 thru 07!!! They are sex on wheels!!!
Old 05-21-2009 | 12:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chadlee2KZ
I was going to say this dude races more in a week than i do in a year Props on a bad a$$ car!

Thank you! I just need to start the upgrades now!!! Should have my Short shifter in a few weeks, Cars kitt stage 3 wheel hop kit as soon as possible and headers with a tune in a few months...

And an STS rear mounted TT after I pay her off!
Old 05-21-2009 | 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im just PISSED!!! cuz it seems like i can NEVER find races... maybe its because my car is so loud? or that it says WS6 on it?? maybe i should get a plate that says 250rwp and then i can get some races??? DAM YOU Daniel!!! hey this weekend we should line em up? do you have a spot we could go to to run from a dig? 121 is a great place for a roll race so thats covered. But i dont have ne good dig places araound town... what you say?
Old 05-22-2009 | 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Nice! What a doofus in the R/T.

You know, I always said a used CTS-V made the new GXP look a little silly. Not as uniquely styled, doesn't handle as well, heavy, worse interior, smaller brakes. The V is a nice car!
Old 05-22-2009 | 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02ws666
im just PISSED!!! cuz it seems like i can NEVER find races... maybe its because my car is so loud? or that it says WS6 on it?? maybe i should get a plate that says 250rwp and then i can get some races??? DAM YOU Daniel!!! hey this weekend we should line em up? do you have a spot we could go to to run from a dig? 121 is a great place for a roll race so thats covered. But i dont have ne good dig places araound town... what you say?

Lol, I take it your rides back up on the hunt
That would be cool! What about sunday? I may be meeting up with Zach(FormulaZR) in his 03 Merc CL600 and do a few runs!!! What you say? I just need to figure out how to get out of painting the house long enough to come play!