Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ram SRT10/STI/Skyline GTR vs SS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Ram SRT10/STI/Skyline GTR vs SS!

ok guys, I got some good times these last days while I was in Mexico, but the best was with the GTR;

It was later in the evening this week, and I had to return my rented movie before it gets anymore overdue. So I decide to take SS out for a small ride. Great decision!!

RAM SRT10

After I dropped the rental, I choose to take a small trip on the highway even though its a bit of detour. The road before my exit was very small, about half mile, so I was calm and meaning my own business and most of all not expecting any action.

As I was taking off the highway I noticed I was riding beside a Dodge Ram SRT10 with the cab and long box. So I wake up, swerved back on the highway and see if this truck has any ***** I follow the guy until theres no car and I slow down for a 3rd gear roll. The guy follow and I honk. We go right at the same time on 3rd honk and I can hear the truck going at it! It has a good sound! But my car was way to strong for this heavy opponent and this results to a massive bus kill Ok, lets give him another chance cause its still fun to run him; we line up like the first time and it end up exactly the same..I let off at end of 3rd each time because it was at least a bus length and no need to put more.

STI 07

I was still on the adrenaline rush of the SRT10 race and I was about to turn around to get back home when this car come quick behind me and I see this is a STI who wants to see what I got! Of course, he will see what I got!! So we get off a curve and I end up in front because he didnt follow me and got stuck behind a slower car. I wait for him in my RPM in 3rd I can see hes coming fast off the curve. By the time he gets at my door I punched it hard and I reel him good; not as hard as the SRT10, but it was ugly! I'd say 2-3cars!? So I miss 4th(never happened so I'm like WTF!!). Then we line up good and we punched it. I instantly pull him hard and keep going but this time I make a slow and smooth shift in 4th and keep pulling like a **** I would have to guess a 4-6cars?? after that we go for another random roll and we exchange thumbs up!

This little detour was the best ever!! 2 kills in 10mins

Skyline GTR 95+?

Ok lets put things in context here; in my medium size town, the majority of plp are all over import and the new god around here(along Supras) is the Skyline/Sylvia imported from Japan with the steering wheel on the right side. So I'm getting all the rumors that those cars are crazy fast and all the hyped **** from ricer crowd. I dont have a problem with those cars at all, its just the hyped up **** that bores me.

So I'm getting really cranked about killing all these cars since last year. But I didnt cross any yet, till yesterday..

I installed my new alternator/strap and was going for a test ride with my friend. Its a good thing I flushed my trans oil(hardshifting is back!) and that I filled my bottle of N2O just in case I changed my bald street tires for my Mickey Thompson Drag radial too. Full traction in 1st gear off the bottle; check.

After a high speed run(just to see if the voltage is holding), I take off the highway and take an alternate boulvard thats always pretty much empty.

I was going slow and talking with my friend and I see this black Skyline with a good sized intercooler that gets behind me quickly. Finally the moment I was hoping for! The guy get beside me and he has the expression on his face that tells;''man youll be crush like never before!''. So I'm in 1st ready to go. Then he goes and I go too immediatly. Holy ****, no spin at all and him too. By the end of 1st, I'm geting a 3/4 length on him and I shift hard in 2nd and continue the pull till the end of 2nd and had to let off because of a damn truck. I was at a 1 1/2 car in front. I can tell the guy had a strong car though because he was holding very good. I was really happy to show him some american power but this small roll wasnt enough for my taste.

The guy catch up for a rematch because I'm sure hes telling himself:''I wouldve come back in topend''. But the guy looks cool about it but I can tell hes already feeling the loss heavily; the guys face is turning white!!!

But this time, I'm on a moral demolition mission for the local Skyline community I ask the guy to wait a bit before going again and I tell he has a great car he tells me my car is quick. But while chatting, I'm opening my bottle and get ready to put buses on him

The pressure wasnt good(800+-) but I didnt need that much and the bottle was almost full, so it hits hard anyway! Ok, there we go again in 1st. He hits it and me too. What was I thinking!? Of course theres no traction in 1st! I'm getting sideways and have to let off 1-2times. Then I shift to 2nd; same thing again but worst because I'm going faster. But all this time the Skyline is loosing ground on me a bit, like a half car. After I'm able to shift into 3rd I get full traction with my Mickeys. WOW I see the black car disapearing in my mirror quickly!! Were talking about 3-4cars in third and I let off before going in 4th..

The guy catch up and gets beside me the look on his face is priceless; it looks like hes waking up of a bad nightmare. Hes all pale and telling me; ''man your car is fast, your car is fast'' while shaking his head!!! The guy took the loss like a gentleman though. I told him his car was nice and it was fun and we went our separate way...I really think the guy was thinking his car could never be beaten, his was way overconfident at the start. But he realized that a V8 can be fast..and mine is nothing for todays standard..

This is my first kill on nitrous and by far my most satisfying one!!Me and my witness are still laughing about the good times we just had for a ''test run''.

Last edited by Johnnystock; 05-23-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

If anybody has the patience to read it, its worth it lol
Old 05-23-2009, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

good kills! put the ricers in their place!
Old 05-23-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good kill buddy

what kind of powers you put on wheels without the nitro?
Old 05-23-2009, 11:22 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

That is a sweet kill man, gotta love the sauce
Old 05-23-2009, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by big hammer
good kills! put the ricers in their place!
I would not qualify this guy a ricer because he took the loss like a champ, but maybe he will chat with his rice friends and put a black cloud on the rumor that american muscle is crap

Originally Posted by raysadude
good kill buddy

what kind of powers you put on wheels without the nitro?
thanks man, little bit over 400

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
That is a sweet kill man, gotta love the sauce
I've had my kit since a year and never had a chance to use it for good against someone..til now!
Old 05-23-2009, 11:37 AM
c6r
On The Tree

Excellent street kill !!!
Old 05-23-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

good kill makes me what to go drive around now
Old 05-23-2009, 01:37 PM
10 Second Club

Nice kills!!
Old 05-23-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

Great kill.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
I've had my kit since a year and never had a chance to use it for good against someone..til now!
is there not a lot of racing up there? In MS we have a range of 9-16 second cars/trucks out every friday/saturday night. I get to race about 3-4 people a night with no cop involvment.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:21 AM
TECH Addict

The problem is that there is nothing good to race when I'm in my SS...
Old 05-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Teching In

nice kills
Old 05-25-2009, 04:16 AM
Teching In

Damn good kills!
Old 05-25-2009, 04:51 AM
Launching!

Nice kills man. If the skyline does a single turbo swap you better watch it, lol. If it is a GTR hes AWD and will be able to launch in boost and catch traction....goodluck, lol.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

way to put the skyline in its place. nice runs. gotta love a Heads and cam car with juice .
what kinda shot are you running? 100?
Old 05-25-2009, 08:47 AM
TECH Addict

150 shot... he better needs a big turbo. It was a GTR and 4wd for sure because he took off like a champ without any wheelspin.

I'm not saying skyline arent fast! I know theres some crazy one outhere..like any car.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

damn any numbers on the 150 shot? I bet its a beast!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
150 shot... he better needs a big turbo. It was a GTR and 4wd for sure because he took off like a champ without any wheelspin.

I'm not saying skyline arent fast! I know theres some crazy one outhere..like any car.
4wd he also had buckshots and she was a Rut diggin ****
Old 05-25-2009, 06:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice kills Johnny, atleast you get the occassional race. I have owned my car for almost a year and have only ran into 1 guy who wanted to run em. There is nothing but **** cars in my area, nothing fast and I never seem to find someone who wants to run em.