Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got my Ass Kicked!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 11:16 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Got my *** Kicked!!!

Not in a race, But by an off dutiy cop. Me and 4 other F-bodies out cruzzin, and just havin a good time. Then a truck comes up and rides our asses. He gets behind me, (im doing 65 in a 55) with his high beams on right on my ***!
I jam the breaks, then punch it. He wasnt happy about this. Get down the road a bit, and 4 cruseres blues going, Nab us all.
Neglegent driving and driving to endager!!!! Not good.
I got off on my faulty equipment when they did the penny test on my Hooser QTP's!!
I hate that.
Court date still tocome.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Fight it that is entrapment I am sure. He broke the law to get you to break the law and that is a no no, especially for a off duty cop in an unmarked vehicle.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:49 AM
TECH Junkie

You'll never beat it!
They will say you should have just moved out of the way peacefully and let him pass!
Old 11-07-2003, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

hmm, that blows. I think it could go either way though, while it is illegal, they might do as tit bar just said. You should probably fight it anyway, and GOOD LUCK!
Old 11-07-2003, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

explain this penny test
Old 11-07-2003, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a lawyer, explain the situation to him, and hope for the best.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rocco1005
explain this penny test
I think what he means is that the cop used a penny to determine how much tread was left on his tires...and since he was running Hoosier's he obviously didn't really have any tread.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Say you saw something about to dart into the roadway and stepped on your brake to avoid it.. Then you saw a pickup about to rear-end you, so you hit the gas to avoid getting into a wreck. Make them prove you're lying..
Old 11-07-2003, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn the man

yeah dude fight it if any thing it puts off the monatary set back . also you may have a shot at winning it.
one thing that i have had luck with in the past is finding the officer that issued the tick and explain the breaking and then speeding up to avoide the truck story to him logically and tell him you wernt thinking streight you are just worried about your pride and joy car. if he doesent buy it he will think twice when you tell the exact same story in court without changing a word. then if the call is left to him in court then he will think your telling the truth. they like when you blame stuff on your self "i wasent thinking streight" or "now that i think about it i could have handeled things better"
who knows some times when i approche the cop that issued the tick and i explain the story they some times dropp it right then and there....

all else fails the day of court mess up his car so he cant get there.... dissmissed!
Old 11-07-2003, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Actually,s omething similar happened to me (except no cops)... some truck was ridin the *** of my v6 one night, and I did the good ole' brake check. He kept ridin me, and we both pulled over and almost fought... luckily I was the one who got back in my car and left, cause he was bigger than me and probly woulda killed me. I've got a horrible temper but I'm not much of a fighter.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:48 PM
8 second mod

if the head of licon on a penny hits the tred, their good, if not. faulty equipment and another $50 fine.

Im fighting it. My cousin is a cop, he is going with me the day i have court. He says we did nothing eligal, and the cop was off duty so he can not have a buddy give us a ticket. Due to this he feels worst case will be criminal charges droped and just a fine for speeding. 65 in a 55.
I hope for the best.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:52 PM
TECH Junkie

I cant stand it when people ride my ***. Its not like im ever going under the speed limit or anything, so they have no reason to be upset. I have slowed to about 30 in a 55 several times while flipping the bird because of someone riding my ***. Some people just cant take a hint.

Anyway, I like the braking for something you saw in front of you, then accelerating because you were afraid of getting rear-ended, story. Good luck
Old 11-07-2003, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn, your cousin is a cop, even if the guy was an on-duty cop you've got a hookup and you still probably wouldn't get more than a speeding ticket. I wish one of my close family members were a cop...
Old 11-07-2003, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

id ask them why they didn't give the off duty cop a ticket, he was following to close to another vehicle, and burning his brights to obscure someones vision, thats bullshit, fight it, also, write to your local paper about it..get it in the news if ya can, just **** with them like they did you
Old 11-07-2003, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Not in a race, But by an off dutiy cop. Me and 4 other F-bodies out cruzzin, and just havin a good time. Then a truck comes up and rides our asses. He gets behind me, (im doing 65 in a 55) with his high beams on right on my ***!
I jam the breaks, then punch it. He wasnt happy about this. Get down the road a bit, and 4 cruseres blues going, Nab us all.
Neglegent driving and driving to endager!!!! Not good.
I got off on my faulty equipment when they did the penny test on my Hooser QTP's!!
I hate that.
Court date still tocome.
A few F!!! Cops that have nothing better to do. Thats F!!Ked If their bored They need to come down here to LA, There's plenty of real crime here to keep them busy.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

The judge and cops know exactly what you did and anything but admitting it may result in harsher punnishment. Simply tell them...or have an ATTY tell them the truck was on your ***...you were already doing slightly over 55 to keep some space between you and him...there was no immediate room to move to the next lane ...and he kept on your *** ith high beams on...you were both nervous and pissed off...as anyone would be so at first you tapped the brake hoping he would get the hint incase he wasnt paying attention. Of course you didnt slam on the brake while driving your "pride and joy"....then you figured it just best to gas it till you could move over to the opening in the lane next to you. Obviously it will be beleived..it is a softer portion of the truth...and most of all it is reasonable and will not be construed as a lie. Admit, perhaps a better course of action would be to have been patient in waiting for a lane opening next to you, but he was ON YOUR *** with beams on. IF that doesnt meke someone nervous what does!
Other good action is to plead not guilty...which pisses the judge off and have the atty explain there are several wittnes to the truck being on your ***...can be embarassing to the county if the truck was driven by a off duty officer and you can press for punnishment.. if your lucky they offer you a plea.

Courts always will try to be harsh on the lame excuses (something happend to jump in front of me while the guy was on my ***)...and your credability is down the tubes from there on out. Honesty (softened) and surprised saddness may work well. I have plenty od exp here.

Last edited by TwinSpin; 11-08-2003 at 12:18 AM.
Old 11-08-2003, 02:34 AM
TECH Resident

25% of the time cops don't even show up for court. No show = dismissed. Also, brake checks can be construde as assault w/ a deadly weapon. (Felony) Don't tell a judge you meant to brake check the guy. Tell him a the big truck scared you when it quickly rolled up on you so you hit the brakes as a reaction but quickly accelerated to the speed limit and got into the other lane. Also, the judge is going to be upset with the off duty cop for ******* with you. Good luck bro.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate to say it, but I completely agree with bowtie's comments above.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Make sure to get an attorney and take it to a real court....not a hearing in front of the magistrate.....the magistrate is there simply for the cop only......almost two on one.......
Old 11-09-2003, 04:15 PM
8 second mod

The off duty even said to use we did nothing wrong, but hold up trafice (while going the speed limit) But his on duty was a hard *** small town cop, This city only has 9 cops, and sivilian dispateurs. My cousin is a cop in one of the worst towns around me, and he says he's going with me. This makes it nice to have him on my side. He said to also put in a complaint asap to the superviser of the station due to the fact that he thretened one of use to pull us out of the car threw our windows if we didnt coaporate(sp). this man carries a gun and he cant control him self. this right here shows he is in the wrong and his anger took over.
I hope we get off. But like i said, we realy didnt do anything wrong. two of the guys with me was another ls1tech.com guy's, and one is 300 lbs and was the one the cop thretend!!!!