Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Riced honda pissed me off (must read)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 04:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
You said drive, not race in a 1/4 mile **** nuts. Those were your words. I test drove an sti and it was easy to drive fast. You keep missing the point and going off into completly different directions. I'm not trying to say awd is better then rwd. You are trying to start a pissing match with a fellow f-body owner, so please stop. It makes you look like a retard. Who gives a **** about "racing cars" this is a street car forum and I could give a crap less about top fuel as it doesn't apply.

I could give a crap less about evo's and sti's or i would own one don't you think? i'm just stating that they do deserve some respect and are decent platforms. It's not uncommon to see them do 10's, 11's and 12's even though they were never intended to be drag cars like f-bodies.

Since you insist about referencing racing events, I'll let records speak for itself.
http://www.onelapofamerica.com/histo...09&res=OVL_CUM
The winner of one lap of America is a GT-r with alot of the "big dogs" coming up the rear. Including a z28 at 22. Hell even a WRX came in in 4th. 1st ain't bad for a car that just came out this year

All I'm just saying, don't be ignorant of what other cars without bowties can do. I love my T/A, but I'm not going to be a narrow minded fanboy.
Oh my bad, cuz were talking about just driving our cars to and from work, most cars are easy to drive, including the sti. driving it fast is easy too, they all are. getting its FASTEST numbers takes skill. read man, you learned how before grade school i hope.

I compared race cars to going fast. wanna run worlds fastest 1/4? blown big block hemi. its a simple connection dude. and if i was starting a pissing match my 24 pack would be gone already, im just passed halfway bout an hour ago.

I could care less what you drive. f body or a Smart car. Im simply answering your arguement in an itemized fashion. i hope you like it.

im not ignorant of anything, ive already stated how i lost and gave respect in front of all the world to a audi. ive yet to be beaten by anything else because they wont try. when i get stomped, ill post it. Will it be by a ricer? maybe maybe not, unlikely though.

im not a narrow minded fanboy, hence me putting hot rod motors in two toyotas in the last 12 months. BTW, did i mention i build motors in my free time? rather professionaly actuallly, in the last 6 months weve built 2 sbc that pulled over 40k. Maybe you should gimme a call, Couch's Automotive Racing Services, 281-253-1262 or 281-414-0358. but your right, i just dont know what im talkin about. fyi that class is limited to that motor and not many people want to win that bad so dont get any ideas.

i realize they deserve respect smartass i never said they didnt. if you couldnt give such a **** then why are you defending them so much?

BTW, that comparison you linked? Very much depends on how far each driver is willing to push his or her own vehicle through a few thousand miles of USA. this includes felonys for street racing, outstanding speeding tickets, reckless driving, evading arrest, possession of radar jamming equipment( where it is illegal) damage to ones personal vehicle, etc. its not about the cars man, its the people.

ps i dont mind lookin like a retard in front of you, i feel im in the company of a peer.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:55 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
Oh my bad, cuz were talking about just driving our cars to and from work, most cars are easy to drive, including the sti. driving it fast is easy too, they all are. getting its FASTEST numbers takes skill. read man, you learned how before grade school i hope.
I have learned quite well actually. Not only have I learned how to read, but my comprehension is off the charts my friend.

For example you said the above and then also said below.
our cars are easy to drive well and fast. stis and evos are not, dont argue with that ive tired several of both and they take A LOT of practice to get right, and im a pretty decent driver.
I don't recall you saying "fastest numbers" or "ET's" in your original post that started a bit of the debate. Now, you are harping about drag times and best numbers. There is a difference between driving and racing so get a dictionary. When i test drove the STI I ripped through the gears, but I wasn't considering how I can save tenths of a second.

Lets end this conversation as it isn't going anywhere. Besides I was more speaking my point in another direction anyway.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't thin he said it was the most capable car ever made, but if that helps you sleep at night then by all means, continue to believe thats what he said.
He's a troll, and feeding the trolls makes you no better.

I wouldn't say the sti is cheap car modified as it's built to be a rally car and subaru has won more rally car championships then anyone else. It's a different class of car. A lancer has a completely different drivetrain then what an evo gets, so it's not cheap bolt ons or upgrades as you suggest.
I couldn't care less about rally, I don't buy cars to drive them offroad like a jackass. If I'm going to go offroad I'll bring a truck, just as common sense dictates. Anyone who pays $35,000 for an Evo or STi and then destroys it offroading is an idiot.

As for the Evo, its the same damn car as a base model Lancer. They did nothing more than stiffen the chassis and swap the powertrain and bumpers. Its still a Lancer economy car platform.

I actually got to test drive an STI last summer. Wasn't bad, but wasn't for me. I'm open minded like that.
So have I. Theres a difference between stating the facts and exaggerating the facts. And you seem to have a problem with the latter.

230whp isn't bad considering it puts down 13 second flat quarter mile times just like the new camaro ss. Why is that? Fast isn't determined by whp alone you know. there are other factors in there like weight, tq, suspension and drivetrain just to name a few. You should read up on it, it's quite interesting really.
Wheel Horsepower is wheel horsepower. Its only got 230, which is why it feels slow after you run through the first 3 gears. The only reason it runs 13 second 1/4 miles is due to its extremely short gearing and AWD, which allow it to get off the line quickly to make up for lack of top end.

As for comparing it to a '10 Camaro SS, you might as well compare a Poodle to a Cheetah. The difference is 11MPH in the quarter mile between the two, which shows the vast difference in real power, not who sprints off the line quicker. The Camaro still reaches the 1320 first, and after that, it would just start piling on multiple buslenghts on the STI. Wouldn't even be a race.

Numbers:
Subaru STi
2010 Camaro SS

Maybe if you weren't too busy pulling facts out your *** you would see that with a couple grand you can get 350-400whp out of an evo IX or X pretty easily and still be reliable.
You obviously don't know the first thing about engines or you wouldn't make such ignorant statements. If Mitsubishi could get that kind of power our of that engine reliably from the factory, don't you think maybe they would have done it?? Pushing that kind of power severely shortens the engine's life, lowers fuel economy significantly, and also puts a ton more stress on the already weak drivetrain. Its a recipe for disaster, and all it takes is one look at the thread "MY Various Blown Engines" from evolutionm.net to realize its all too common. People think that because they can overboost their engine and make power that its fine, what they don't realize is the extreme amount of stress you put on an engine when you try and push 300-400WHP out of a tiny 2L motor.

All I'm trying to say is be a little more open minded before you flood the internets with textual diarrhea.
You're not being open minded, you're being ignorant and believing everything you read on the internet.

I love my T/A, don't get me wrong, but the things said in this thread remind me of war time propaganda with large amounts of missinformation and disslike for something that is foriegn (no pun intended).
Some people just have no pride in their own country anymore. Its a sad state of affairs.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Regular

I wouldn't say the sti is cheap car modified as it's built to be a rally car and subaru has won more rally car championships then anyone else.

LOL!!! Who fed you that BS? An impreza hasn't won the European WRC since 1997. Citroens and Fords have actually been winning the most overall championships, with citroen and Lancia with the most wins overall.
Don't believe me?:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s%27_Champions

The impreza has done well in the FIA cup/PWRC, but in that race series the EVO has consistently outdone it.

I don't know/care about the USRC American rally, they don't even include some of the greatest rally cars...

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 06-24-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Wesman you're still lost bro. You change oil at Jiffy Lube from a dungenous recess in the ground. The Evo/STi pearls of wisdom you bestow on the LS1 community are, at best, 2nd hand regurgitated BS. But in all likelihood they're just your personal creative writing project. The only thing you're qualified to talk about is motor oil weight, oil filter and accumulated debris on the undercarriage. I don't know if your wife kicks your *** around, your boss, or maybe even your pillow biting lover but using these kind of cars as some sort of an outlet for your life's frustrations isn't working out. I've cumulatively forgotten more about these two cars than you know. Challenge me please.

Hey CarsandWomen...talk is cheap. I'll find some footage of an 8 second Evo if you show me a Camaro carving up a road course. Fair?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steiner
Wesman you're still lost bro. You change oil at Jiffy Lube from a dungenous recess in the ground. The Evo/STi pearls of wisdom you bestow on the LS1 community are, at best, 2nd hand regurgitated BS. But in all likelihood they're just your personal creative writing project. The only thing you're qualified to talk about is motor oil weight, oil filter and accumulated debris on the undercarriage. I don't know if your wife kicks your *** around, your boss, or maybe even your pillow biting lover but using these kind of cars as some sort of an outlet for your life's frustrations isn't working out. I've cumulatively forgotten more about these two cars than you know. Challenge me please.

Hey CarsandWomen...talk is cheap. I'll find some footage of an 8 second Evo if you show me a Camaro carving up a road course. Fair?
Better Yet...Post reported.

You seem to be very familiar with working at Jiffy Lube and being gay, but there is no place for your lowlife nonsense in this thread. Or any other for that matter.

If you need to resort to name calling and bashing, take a hike. Which is what should have happened long ago.

Last edited by Wesmanw02; 06-24-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
...GTR or an R8 awd, true, but im talking about cars that are truly fast. as in racing cars. wanna go truly fast? run what truly fast cars are running. kinda simple really. Top Fuel for example, or any of the other examples i already posted. oh and for the record, gtr vs carrera gt4 vs ferrari 599 stb vs zr1. 1 awd car in a class of supercars that are all rwd. hmmmmmm, maybe the big dogs are on to something.....
You had to know you were taking a risk in posting this worthless dribble, right? Even Porsche and Lamborghini have released AWD supercars. I know there are others. Did you know that the Trans-Am Series banned AWD cars in 1988 after Audi dominated the field...even after multiple weight penalties. What about supertouring? Did you know the FIA banned AWD in 1998 after these cars were dominating events. Or maybe these events aren't "truly fast" enough for you. Formula 1 has banned AWD and in Lemans, where it's still allowed in some races, Audi is doing quite well with their turbo diesel. Are you hanging your hat on Top Fuel as the epitome of competitive racing? If so you win. I've got nothing for you. However most acknowledge open wheel racing as the tip of the sword followed by supertouring, JGTC, rally, etc. Unfortunately we in America have very little to be proud of in domestic competitive racing because droves of mulletized Camaro owners show up in force to support NASCAR. Why would SPEED or FOX give us anything else when minimalist Americans are content to watch cars drive counterclockwise for 3 hours?

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Better Yet...Post reported.

You seem to be very familiar with working at Jiffy Lube and being gay, but there is no place for your lowlife nonsense in this thread. Or any other for that matter.

If you need to resort to name calling and bashing, take a hike. Which is what should have happened long ago.
Of course! Because I'm the controversial member, right? How many times have you been banned Wesman? You've made an art of the personal attack on these boards. I'm sure there are at least 3 or 4 in this thread if I cared to look. Being the village idiot carries with it a lot of responsibility and you've yet to let me down. Hey Walmart is still looking for greeters by the way. FYI
Old 06-24-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

OH GAWD...can we close this one up already?.?

My E-dick is bigger than all of yours.

/thread.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sell stupid someplace else, we're all filled up here
Old 06-24-2009, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Of course! Because I'm the controversial member, right? How many times have you been banned Wesman? You've made an art of the personal attack on these boards. I'm sure there are at least 3 or 4 in this thread if I cared to look. Being the village idiot carries with it a lot of responsibility and you've yet to let me down. Hey Walmart is still looking for greeters by the way. FYI
Good luck with the Walmart job.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

You had to know you were taking a risk in posting this worthless dribble, right? Even Porsche and Lamborghini have released AWD supercars. I know there are others. Did you know that the Trans-Am Series banned AWD cars in 1988 after Audi dominated the field...even after multiple weight penalties. What about supertouring? Did you know the FIA banned AWD in 1998 after these cars were dominating events. Or maybe these events aren't "truly fast" enough for you. Formula 1 has banned AWD and in Lemans, where it's still allowed in some races, Audi is doing quite well with their turbo diesel. Are you hanging your hat on Top Fuel as the epitome of competitive racing? If so you win. I've got nothing for you. However most acknowledge open wheel racing as the tip of the sword followed by supertouring, JGTC, rally, etc. Unfortunately we in America have very little to be proud of in domestic competitive racing because droves of mulletized Camaro owners show up in force to support NASCAR. Why would SPEED or FOX give us anything else when minimalist Americans are content to watch cars drive counterclockwise for 3 hours?

shouldn't you be out cruising around high schools in your civic rather than trying to peddle your ricer junk on an ls1 forum?
Old 06-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Lol Civics = fail at life.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by big hammer
shouldn't you be out cruising around high schools in your civic rather than trying to peddle your ricer junk on an ls1 forum?
Originally Posted by big hammer
probably not--- if the evo does have 750 whp then the tranny will explode the second he turns the key.
You're on fire. Don't stop know. Wesman is looking into a mentor ship program and I think we've got a winner. In addition to a grenading drive train don't forget about no torque, turbo lag, horrible reliability and an engine that will blow at just an additional **** hair of boost. Repeat these bullets completely unsolicited over and over again on any thread involving an import and, regardless of any actual validity, you're in baby!

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Good luck with the Walmart job.
They might have referral program. Maybe I can get you an interview. Could you pass a **** test?
Old 06-24-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

OH COME ON ALREADY...lock this **** UP
Old 06-24-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

camaro = fail at twisties!
oh wait i drive a camaro! damn!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 05:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

You're on fire. Don't stop know. Wesman is looking into a mentor ship program and I think we've got a winner. In addition to a grenading drive train don't forget about no torque, turbo lag, horrible reliability and an engine that will blow at just an additional **** hair of boost. Repeat these bullets completely unsolicited over and over again on any thread involving an import and, regardless of any actual validity, you're in baby!

They might have referral program. Maybe I can get you an interview. Could you pass a **** test?
so your saying a stock evo tranny will hold up to 750 hp no problem? **** you're pathetic--- you dont even know the difference between the words "now" and "know"
Old 06-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by raysadude
camaro = fail at twisties!
oh wait i drive a camaro! damn!!!
Lmao, buy a vette
Old 06-24-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
Lmao, buy a vette
that's definitely my next car!

i need the backseat tho
Old 06-24-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

All a vette is is an overpriced fbody with irs and no back seat. Both things are pointless for me to have. I don't want, or have a need for irs and I don't like the way corvettes cause you to lose all your hair and start complaining about loud music and loud exhaust notes. The corvette is for those who want to feel like they have the fastest car on the street without actually having to do anything mechanically. They are for those who have big pocket books and bigger egos. However the big ego thing proves to be a problem more times than not due to the lack of "head room" in these frc models.

JK. don't flame me, I'm just being sarcastic and it's the best way to show morons what they sound like!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast