Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

riced out WRX eats my exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 12:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a road course at the very least with proper set up would be a blast from hell in any of those cars
Old 07-06-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hawk584
how many of those who own the WRX, STI, Evo, ...ext actually drive then for which they were designed to drive? RALLY!! not straight line if i had an Evo an i would looooove to get one i would be spending the $$ on snow,ice, tarmac, mud, sand tires, huge foglights on the front bumper roll cage tow strap kit, skid plates,... all them tools to drive the car in the conditions for which it's design is based off of
You would absolutely destroy an Evo or STi driving it in the conditions you are describing. The production versions aren't meant for off road use, its marketed as a street car.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:15 PM
***Repost Police***

Well they do have SCCA rally events with basically-stock EVOs/STIs/etc, and they seem to do alright... you won't be able to drive them nearly as hard as a WRC-spec car, but they will still do pretty well in snow/mud/dirt.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Well they do have SCCA rally events with basically-stock EVOs/STIs/etc, and they seem to do alright... you won't be able to drive them nearly as hard as a WRC-spec car, but they will still do pretty well in snow/mud/dirt.
I've seen the effects of what off road driving does to 4x4 trucks. Chassis and other undercar components take a beating. And it would only be worse with a car.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Resident

Anybody seen Gran Torino?

Ok the part where Toad gets locked in the basement before Clint Eastwood (WALT) dies at the end. Toad is screaming Walt let me out Walt Walt Walt!!!!!

Thats what i think of when i beat a ricer Walt Walt Walt.

Dont leave!!!!

LOL RICE BITCH
Old 07-13-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Docrocket1967

Ok the part where Toad gets locked in the basement before Clint Eastwood (WALT) dies at the end. Toad is screaming Walt let me out Walt Walt Walt!!!!!

Dont leave!!!!

LOL RICE BITCH
Old 07-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

nice kill, sounds like he deserved it
Old 07-13-2009, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 156 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Docrocket1967

Dont leave!!!!

LOL RICE BITCH
that movie is awesome
Old 12-30-2009, 05:15 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
The 07's still dyno way under 200HP, he must have something else done besides just I/E and a boost controller, especially to hang from a roll.
Uhhhhh correction, the stock 2007 WRX (not even an STI) comes with 250HP. these are some of the fastest stock cars on the market. they do twice as much with half the engine and can do a break neck 0-60. you get into an sti and you are now seated into 300+ HP, again, that's stock.

The reason you beat the "gayyyyyyy ricer" is because that knuckle head f***** with the engine and killed his hp.
Subaru knows what they are doing and don't need any trash can mufflers.
then there is the ultra rare sti s-series which is basically a street legal formula one car. and the new 08's + 09's just added another 30hp to each model.

I like camaros and all, they are a real sweet ride, but don't underestimate a ricer. you may have it in a straight line but on on a REAL track, prepare to get your @$$es smoked.

And if you couldn't already tell I'm a proud WRX driver.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:59 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by REXDriver101
Uhhhhh correction, the stock 2007 WRX (not even an STI) comes with 250HP. these are some of the fastest stock cars on the market. they do twice as much with half the engine and can do a break neck 0-60. you get into an sti and you are now seated into 300+ HP, again, that's stock.

The reason you beat the "gayyyyyyy ricer" is because that knuckle head f***** with the engine and killed his hp.
then there is the ultra rare sti s-series which is basically a street legal formula one car. and the new 08's + 09's just added another 30hp to each model.

I like camaros and all, they are a real sweet ride, but don't underestimate a ricer. you may have it in a straight line but on on a REAL track, prepare to get your @$$es smoked.

Just so you know, bringing a dead thread back from July isn't the best way to make a first impression... And he was talking about making less than 200hp on a DYNO. And the last thing I'll say is that base WRXs are in no way shape or form "some of the fastest stock cars on the market."
Old 12-30-2009, 09:14 PM
10 Second Club

really? the new camaro owns the ricers at leguna seca. hell even the cobalt is giving some of them fits.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice kill
Old 12-30-2009, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Just so you know, bringing a dead thread back from July isn't the best way to make a first impression... And he was talking about making less than 200hp on a DYNO. And the last thing I'll say is that base WRXs are in no way shape or form "some of the fastest stock cars on the market."
not in the market for making friends, i'm just defending the old suby. And he's getting less then 200 on a dyno then he needs to try again because there is no way that car is losing 50+ out of the drive tran.

And when i said they are the fastest i was referring to all trims: WRX, WRX STI, and WRX STI S-series. they may not have top speed but 80mph arround a corner to me is somewhat record breaking. ha today you either have to get a $50K corvette or a $24K camero to beat the little old WRK's 0-60. and even so what do you have; a heavy *** 2 door coupe that can barely hold 2 people and can go through a set of tires in a week. for the same money, you can sacrafice half a second, get four doors, 25mpg, and one of the best engine/drive tran/warranty/resale value money can buy. Personally i'm a fan of any ls1 or ls2 thats older then 71';the 80's and 90's wannabe crap just doesn't do it for me. hell an 82' corvette could barely get 200hp (yeah i know, L82 but you get my point)

and if you pit this awd beast on a tarmac, corner for corner it will win. cameros are fast but have terrible under steer.

now that my peace is made i am discontinuing my membership from the forum. why cant we all just get along?
Old 12-30-2009, 10:45 PM
10 Second Club

not in the market for making friends, i'm just defending the old suby. And he's getting less then 200 on a dyno then he needs to try again because there is no way that car is losing 50+ out of the drive tran.

And when i said they are the fastest i was referring to all trims: WRX, WRX STI, and WRX STI S-series. they may not have top speed but 80mph arround a corner to me is somewhat record breaking. ha today you either have to get a $50K corvette or a $24K camero to beat the little old WRK's 0-60. and even so what do you have; a heavy *** 2 door coupe that can barely hold 2 people and can go through a set of tires in a week. for the same money, you can sacrafice half a second, get four doors, 25mpg, and one of the best engine/drive tran/warranty/resale value money can buy. Personally i'm a fan of any ls1 or ls2 thats older then 71';the 80's and 90's wannabe crap just doesn't do it for me. hell an 82' corvette could barely get 200hp (yeah i know, L82 but you get my point)

and if you pit this awd beast on a tarmac, corner for corner it will win. cameros are fast but have terrible under steer.

now that my peace is made i am discontinuing my membership from the forum. why cant we all just get along?
sigh. where to start with you.

an awd will easily lose 50hp through the drive train
subies have a good 0-60. then the race is over for them
the heavy *** camaro seats 4 and gets better mileage than you
a set of tires will last several years, depending how you drive
the camaro will decimate a wrx on strip, and road course
wrx trannies were built out of tin foil.
gm has 100,000 5 year power train warranty
how much hp did an 82 subie have?
camaros dont have terrible under steer. one guy wrote he thought it had slight under steer. now the rice boys like you say it has terrible under steer. well guess what. that car with terrible under steer still whoops your *** on the track.

yes. you may discontinue your membership now that you have been owned.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Your really clueless of what it really takes to beat one, but respect you comin to their rescue. I will take on any stock sti or wrx in that sleeper i have in my sig.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by big hammer
sigh. where to start with you.

an awd will easily lose 50hp through the drive train
subies have a good 0-60. then the race is over for them
the heavy *** camaro seats 4 and gets better mileage than you
a set of tires will last several years, depending how you drive
the camaro will decimate a wrx on strip, and road course
wrx trannies were built out of tin foil.
gm has 100,000 5 year power train warranty
how much hp did an 82 subie have?
camaros dont have terrible under steer. one guy wrote he thought it had slight under steer. now the rice boys like you say it has terrible under steer. well guess what. that car with terrible under steer still whoops your *** on the track.

yes. you may discontinue your membership now that you have been owned.
Damn couldn't say it any better, good job. Oh good kill OP.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Junkie

cameros
Shut up.

Then...

For digging an old thread.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:04 PM

you just dont get it

how about a lifetime warenty

wrx wasnt made in 82. when it did first come out in 92 it had 230 HP

susbaru has perfected its awd and is surprisingly efficient. an 03 (mind you thats only a 2.0L) got 216hp on a dyno, stock.

and i addmited on a straight line the camero would win, but you through a hair pin turn infront of it and you are sqrewed.

and not all ricers are creater equal. most arnt designed for performance and so yes there is **** tons of understeer. the WRX (and repective trims) dont have any problem. other good ricers include the acura type-s thing and the volvo s60r, thanks mostly to their AWD.

and depending how you drive? when all four wheels are in control, its very hard to even try to burnout. you get a car with all the weight up front and all the power to the back and you can bleed through rubber with one touch on the pedal

and yes i'm away it can hold "4" people but you have to saw there legs off first for them to fit.

you have now been properly pwned

(PS, in the 2009 line up: camero vs challenger vs mustang, mustang won)
Old 12-30-2009, 11:10 PM
10 Second Club

you just dont get it

how about a lifetime warenty

wrx wasnt made in 82. when it did first come out in 92 it had 230 HP

susbaru has perfected its awd and is surprisingly efficient. an 03 (mind you thats only a 2.0L) got 216hp on a dyno, stock.

and i addmited on a straight line the camero would win, but you through a hair pin turn infront of it and you are sqrewed.

and not all ricers are creater equal. most arnt designed for performance and so yes there is **** tons of understeer. the WRX (and repective trims) dont have any problem. other good ricers include the acura type-s thing and the volvo s60r, thanks mostly to their AWD.

and depending how you drive? when all four wheels are in control, its very hard to even try to burnout. you get a car with all the weight up front and all the power to the back and you can bleed through rubber with one touch on the pedal

and yes i'm away it can hold "4" people but you have to saw there legs off first for them to fit.

you have now been properly pwned

(PS, in the 2009 line up: camero vs challenger vs mustang, mustang won)
what are you? 5? you know absolutely nothing about cars other than what your sister tells you.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:14 PM

Default lol

hey guys check out my LS1 http://www.updatelf.org/

Quick Reply: riced out WRX eats my exhaust