Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2002 Z06 vs GT500

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fifedogg
Nice Kill!! I also break off GT-500's around here. My friends dad has pretty much all bolt ons like Pullie, Exhaust etc... I still pull on him hard no problem. Those cars are just too heavy.
well i wasn't gonna comment, i don't like adding fuel to the fire, but..... the gt50's weight really does hurt them. my bro in law has a modded gt500, i love the looks and the interior, miles beyond my camaro. but with a 3.4 whipple putting down 640whp, he runs 11.30's. with DR's. no you can say its the driver mod, but he was running 11.90's with nothing but a cai and tune.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nice Kill!! I also break off GT-500's around here. My friends dad has pretty much all bolt ons like Pullie, Exhaust etc... I still pull on him hard no problem. Those cars are just too heavy.
Youu own a 402cid motor with 496rwhp (yawn) and you run 7.1 in the 1/8thh and 11.2 2 in the 1/4th withhhhhhh a 123mph traap speed.

Ffree driving lesson here folsk!

1st, straihgt down 2nd, up/right 3rdd, straight down 4th. You shoulld atleast run 10;s now. Christ don't talk bshit about a car when your car cant' even pull respectable times.

I'll runyour 402cid motor with my tiny little all motor 302 biatch.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

2000 NBM SS - LS2 402 w/a MS3 cam and Stage 1 243's. Fast 92/92, Pacesetter LT's, Catted Y-pipe, MagnaFlow, Monster Stage 3 Clutch, Built T-56, 12-bolt w/ 3.73's. 92 mm Plate soon to be installed

Heres me...

302cid, twistedd wiedge heads, Xe274 cam, throttle bodys, bbk longtubes, some kind of shifter, i make 90rwhp less than you, and i bet you cant shake me.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Youu own a 402cid motor with 496rwhp (yawn) and you run 7.1 in the 1/8thh and 11.2 2 in the 1/4th withhhhhhh a 123mph traap speed.

1st, straihgt down 2nd, up/right 3rdd, straight down 4th. You shoulld atleast run 10;s now. Christ don't talk bshit about a car when your car cant' even pull respectable times.

Drunk posting

Old 01-04-2010, 02:19 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by the jester 812
well i wasn't gonna comment, i don't like adding fuel to the fire, but..... the gt50's weight really does hurt them. my bro in law has a modded gt500, i love the looks and the interior, miles beyond my camaro. but with a 3.4 whipple putting down 640whp, he runs 11.30's. with DR's. no you can say its the driver mod, but he was running 11.90's with nothing but a cai and tune.
If the weight doesnt hurt them then why is he at 640 RWHP and cant even beat my 11.2? When I have less than 500 RWHP? I find it kinda sad that 700 Crank HP GT-500 cant get into the 10's. Also, why dont you post your track times in your sig buddy? Let me guess it doesnt run 10's without your nitrous...

And I actually really like the GT-500's, they just weigh too damn much and have a lot of wheel hop. My dad infact almost bought one untill he drove it and was disapointed...

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v

You should come in my 2000-3000+DA territory (at our track). We also have the worst track prep you could possibly imagine at Fontana. I have never seen a GT-500 come close to the 10's minus a 2.8+ Whipple and every other thing you could possibley bolt on (600+ RWHP running 10.8s in a stalled auto same day/same track ).

I could care less of what you think. Around here we have shitty Tracks to race at. I have yet to be beat by any mustang 03/04 or later and I go to the street races all the time. I have pulled on multiple 03/04 whipple cobras (around 570 RWHP) some of which I have been barely able to take (maybe a .5 car length honestly) but still have won. In fact the fastest 03/04 cobra I know of at the local tracks ran a 6.9 at the same place I ran my 7.1 and he had somewhere around 625 RWHP and one killer 60'. Granted it was very fast and was set up for the Track. My car is a lowered street car not a track car. I only wish I could race your little all motor 302 on the street. I would smoke you I guarantee it. You can talk all the **** you want about your all motor 302 being faster, you still need boost to beat me Or atleat your weight would be down considerably. My race weight is 3,700+ lbs. There is no doubt in my mind with the correct track prep and DA my car will still run 10's. Why the hell are you even on an LS1 forum anyways? Dont you drive a Mustang?

Ohh, and I forgot to mention my dad and I actually own modded mustangs. We have an 03 Cobra and a Mach 1 Dumbass! I know how they run I never took any shots at Mustangs in general. I just mentioned my experience with them and the fact that the GT-500 weighs a ton. I have driven one and was not impressed to say the least.

In fact bring any modern non nitrous (all the boost you want) mustang around here. CMS has a vette that will pull 5+ cars on ANY modern mustang and the car only has around 580 RWHP all motor. 700+ RWHP Cobras, See you later...
Old 01-04-2010, 02:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 92builtbird
Drunk posting

More like Drunk Retard posting!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:46 AM
TECH Junkie

LMFAO at the drunk posts by stopsign....classic
Old 01-04-2010, 02:50 AM
Teching In

My question is why the **** are there mustang guys on here anyway dont you have your svnoone gives a **** about your fords forums site? I appreciate HP an anyone who wants to make there **** fast but dont **** in someones front yard just cuz we dont have that blue oval on our cars an Stopsign32v i dont see any track times or videos from you at Fifedogg's track... an your precious 302 give me a break... the is LS1tech you should at least own a GM product to be on here
Old 01-04-2010, 03:13 AM
11 Second Club

^^ Greetings from another KS member.. I'm only 4ish hours away

This thread has turned in to: My dad can beat up your dad. /end
Old 01-04-2010, 03:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 00blueLS1
My question is why the **** are there mustang guys on here anyway dont you have your svnoone gives a **** about your fords forums site? I appreciate HP an anyone who wants to make there **** fast but dont **** in someones front yard just cuz we dont have that blue oval on our cars an Stopsign32v i dont see any track times or videos from you at Fifedogg's track... an your precious 302 give me a break... the is LS1tech you should at least own a GM product to be on here
Why not? Do you not believe in cross-company breeding? Our Mustang forum has a bunch of Fbody guys on it too.

I hope you aren't trying to push segregation in this day and age...
Old 01-04-2010, 04:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
^^ Greetings from another KS member.. I'm only 4ish hours away

This thread has turned in to: My dad can beat up your dad. /end
Greetings!! an yea it has...
Old 01-04-2010, 05:51 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 00blueLS1
My question is why the **** are there mustang guys on here anyway
You know, I've learned more about my 2V from LS1tech and the Mustang guys in here than I have on any Ford/Mustang based site, so I am grateful for that, but I've never understood why people with different brand cars hang out in different brand forums either. When I want 'info on any of my cars I go to their related sites. I mean, I wouldn't go on to a Mazdaspeed site trying to find information on my '69 Charger R/T-it just doesn't make sense.

But I'm not complaining though-I love all the trash talk and other s**t that goes on in here so please-keep it going, lol...
Old 01-04-2010, 06:47 AM
TECH Regular

Don't think any Mustang users are in here trying to learn about Mustangs..
Just like the GM guys in the mustang board I go to aren't on there to learn about Fbodies I am sure.

Most people don't have any attachment to a certain company. They like ALL kinds of fast cars. Most people don't care. A car is a car etc. However some people are more.. fan based. Meaning they are "loyal" to a brand or company. And can't understand the thinking of someone that is not.

Myself? I could not care less about what the brand name on said car is, as long as I have fun driving it.

I like putting my chocolate in another person's peanut butter.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Launching!

If the weight doesnt hurt them then why is he at 640 RWHP and cant even beat my 11.2? When I have less than 500 RWHP? I find it kinda sad that 700 Crank HP GT-500 cant get into the 10's. Also, why dont you post your track times in your sig buddy? Let me guess it doesnt run 10's without your nitrous...

And I actually really like the GT-500's, they just weigh too damn much and have a lot of wheel hop. My dad infact almost bought one untill he drove it and was disapointed...
dude, you didn't read my post .....i said it DOES hurt them, hence why my bro. in law only runs low 11's. and i don't have a time posted because i don't go to the track, i live in the middle of ****** nowhere and have to drive an hour to the nearest track and i have 2 kids i spend 90% of my time raising and working to provide for. the tiny bit of time i have for myself i spend wrenching on my car. i will get to the track someday, just haven't yet
Old 01-04-2010, 09:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why the hell are you even on an LS1 forum anyways? Dont you drive a Mustang?
These comments crack me up. I don't have an LS1 either. Am I allowed to be here or no?

I lurk around Mustang boards once awhile, just to check up on stuff and learn. You can never know too much..
Old 01-04-2010, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by the jester 812
dude, you didn't read my post .....i said it DOES hurt them, hence why my bro. in law only runs low 11's. and i don't have a time posted because i don't go to the track, i live in the middle of ****** nowhere and have to drive an hour to the nearest track and i have 2 kids i spend 90% of my time raising and working to provide for. the tiny bit of time i have for myself i spend wrenching on my car. i will get to the track someday, just haven't yet
My bad. I thought you were saying the opposite. I infact was a little intoxicated when I made that post LoL
Old 01-04-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by myk
You know, I've learned more about my 2V from LS1tech and the Mustang guys in here than I have on any Ford/Mustang based site, so I am grateful for that, but I've never understood why people with different brand cars hang out in different brand forums either. When I want 'info on any of my cars I go to their related sites. I mean, I wouldn't go on to a Mazdaspeed site trying to find information on my '69 Charger R/T-it just doesn't make sense.

But I'm not complaining though-I love all the trash talk and other s**t that goes on in here so please-keep it going, lol...
I think its hilarious having them here.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

My ******* head is killing me
Old 01-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

You should come in my 2000-3000+DA territory (at our track). We also have the worst track prep you could possibly imagine at Fontana. I have never seen a GT-500 come close to the 10's minus a 2.8+ Whipple and every other thing you could possibley bolt on (600+ RWHP running 10.8s in a stalled auto same day/same track ).

I could care less of what you think. Around here we have shitty Tracks to race at. I have yet to be beat by any mustang 03/04 or later and I go to the street races all the time. I have pulled on multiple 03/04 whipple cobras (around 570 RWHP) some of which I have been barely able to take (maybe a .5 car length honestly) but still have won. In fact the fastest 03/04 cobra I know of at the local tracks ran a 6.9 at the same place I ran my 7.1 and he had somewhere around 625 RWHP and one killer 60'. Granted it was very fast and was set up for the Track. My car is a lowered street car not a track car. I only wish I could race your little all motor 302 on the street. I would smoke you I guarantee it. You can talk all the **** you want about your all motor 302 being faster, you still need boost to beat me Or atleat your weight would be down considerably. My race weight is 3,700+ lbs. There is no doubt in my mind with the correct track prep and DA my car will still run 10's. Why the hell are you even on an LS1 forum anyways? Dont you drive a Mustang?

Ohh, and I forgot to mention my dad and I actually own modded mustangs. We have an 03 Cobra and a Mach 1 Dumbass! I know how they run I never took any shots at Mustangs in general. I just mentioned my experience with them and the fact that the GT-500 weighs a ton. I have driven one and was not impressed to say the least.

In fact bring any modern non nitrous (all the boost you want) mustang around here. CMS has a vette that will pull 5+ cars on ANY modern mustang and the car only has around 580 RWHP all motor. 700+ RWHP Cobras, See you later...
Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
2JZ with VTAK.
Holy ****
Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
Granite,

Quick Reply: 2002 Z06 vs GT500