Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

CTS-V vs Evo 9 (video)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009 | 04:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nickate
REAL SORRY.... NO CRACK--- Just abbreviated CAMERA... lol.

I LOVE HATERS

Sounds to me like your just jealous . There was no wheel hop in my in the video?

you must be dreaming or talking about another video .

I just snoozed at the light and sliped the clutch out to fast and bogged down . Can happen to any RWD car

I would of beat him if I rematched before the cam , he knew it to because he had a 4 car jump on me from the line and I still ended up at his rear bumper

(3 pages of comments and everything is cool but theres always one idiot that just realy wants to stand out for some reason wtf?)

Last edited by maxspeed96ct; 08-20-2009 at 04:52 AM.
Old 08-20-2009 | 01:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
I LOVE HATERS

Sounds to me like your just jealous . There was no wheel hop in my in the video?

you must be dreaming or talking about another video .

I just snoozed at the light and sliped the clutch out to fast and bogged down . Can happen to any RWD car

I would of beat him if I rematched before the cam , he knew it to because he had a 4 car jump on me from the line and I still ended up at his rear bumper

(3 pages of comments and everything is cool but theres always one idiot that just realy wants to stand out for some reason wtf?)
Are you talking about yourself????
Thread has been cool---'till the NAMECALLING... Put on the big boy pants and get out of the sandbox...

You are correct... ZERO wheelspin in your vid= a 2.3??? 60'= a 4 car down start. YOU KNOW HOW TO DRIVE YOUR car w/o destroying it. BUT.... it also makes for a good game of catchup for you.

I had one (2004)for a VERY SHORT time (about 6 weeks). Wheelhop was atrocious even going around corners with very little throttle (not drifting).

GREAT CAR rearend SUCKED ***.

Maybe your cam will get you past 109-110 in the 1/4... And you could run that guy down as you are both at about the same mph....

Sorry if I'm a "HATER" to you.... callin' it like I read it....
Old 08-20-2009 | 08:03 PM
Banned

Are you talking about yourself????
Thread has been cool---'till the NAMECALLING... Put on the big boy pants and get out of the sandbox...

You are correct... ZERO wheelspin in your vid= a 2.3??? 60'= a 4 car down start. YOU KNOW HOW TO DRIVE YOUR car w/o destroying it. BUT.... it also makes for a good game of catchup for you.

I had one (2004)for a VERY SHORT time (about 6 weeks). Wheelhop was atrocious even going around corners with very little throttle (not drifting).

GREAT CAR rearend SUCKED ***.

Maybe your cam will get you past 109-110 in the 1/4... And you could run that guy down as you are both at about the same mph....

Sorry if I'm a "HATER" to you.... callin' it like I read it....

The video just shows I bogged down, any rear wheel drive car could bog down and end up playing catch up against a AWD EVO..

Normaly I could slip the clutch at 2k get a small chirp out of my tires and she takes off like hell. This time i was alittle to low on my rpms... owell

just because your v got re-poed or had problems you couldnt figure how to fix thats to bad...

I can get my v sideways hard and even keep it sliding into most of second gear .

And im just running a cradle suppost bar no bushings yet..

I do get hop once in a great while , But nothing major.

Theres so many simple fixes out there.

What do you drive now?
Old 08-20-2009 | 08:29 PM
Launching!

The video just shows I bogged down, any rear wheel drive car could bog down and end up playing catch up against a AWD EVO..

Normaly I could slip the clutch at 2k get a small chirp out of my tires and she takes off like hell. This time i was alittle to low on my rpms... owell

just because your v got re-poed or had problems you couldnt figure how to fix thats to bad...

I can get my v sideways hard and even keep it sliding into most of second gear .

And im just running a cradle suppost bar no bushings yet..

I do get hop once in a great while , But nothing major.

Theres so many simple fixes out there.

What do you drive now?

EVO.

Yeah.... Repo man strikes again.

Only had it long enough to get the title in my name and sell it as it was not the car for me... I like my evo much better and it only cost $9900.

I like your jokes old guy!
Old 08-20-2009 | 09:22 PM
Banned

EVO.

Yeah.... Repo man strikes again.

Only had it long enough to get the title in my name and sell it as it was not the car for me... I like my evo much better and it only cost $9900.

I like your jokes old guy!

O that explains why your so defensive for that **** box, you own one !

if you see a v on the highway dnt bother just keep your eyes on the road, if u catch a light with one you might have a chance if the other driver makes a error.

glad you enjoy it though. To me the evo seems like a car for a 16yr old kid but to each his own i guess. the interior is very plain and boring too. I would never buy one ..
Old 08-21-2009 | 11:24 AM
Teching In

if you see a v on the highway dnt bother just keep your eyes on the road, if u catch a light with one you might have a chance if the other driver makes a error.
Someone must have a small *****.....

I know plenty of stock turbo evo's that would pull you so hard on a highway pull it isn't funny.

Same with
Cobra's
Camaro's
GNX's
a few Honda's
Full size diesels

Your car is fast and cool but far from the **** deluxe
Old 08-21-2009 | 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nice!
Old 08-21-2009 | 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

What a budget way to go!!!! $4k???? Trade it in and get a G8.

$4000+ just for consistent traction off the line????

You're kidding, right?
Why? Its not a traction issue. If traction is the issue then $1800 on some hendrix axles will fix that. Its a weak rear dif which would allow for harder launches thus providing better track times. And 4k is WAYYYYY better then the old 8k solution.
Old 08-21-2009 | 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AWD_Launch

I know plenty of stock turbo evo's that would pull you so hard on a highway pull it isn't funny.
Key word being stock. I'll take that bet sir. And bet you wont like the outcome too
Old 08-21-2009 | 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by raysadude
that is one quick evo, when i had my e36 m3, one of my friend with e46 m3 raced an EVO from a roll and beat him by 2 cars

Steiner:any idea how much that evo put down? i've raced an evo from a dig and i couldn't reel him until 3rd shift to 4th

here's a video of it, crappy camera i know, my friend claimed he makes around 355 awhp

not mean to thread hijack OP just for comparison sake, btw how much ur CTS-V put down on wheels? seems like a pretty stout caddy

Was that EVO 'brake boosting'??
Old 08-21-2009 | 05:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AWD_Launch

Same with
Cobra's
Camaro's
GNX's
a few Honda's
Full size diesels

Your car is fast and cool but far from the **** deluxe
Did you not read anything at all in this thread? are you retarded?

I didnt say my car was the fastest in the world and I could beat any evo out there..

In the video my car had a K&N filter and a catback while the evo had a few grand dumped into it.

You can make any car fast with the right anount of money.
Old 08-21-2009 | 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Did you not read anything at all in this thread? are you retarded?

I didnt say my car was the fastest in the world and I could beat any evo out there..

In the video my car had a K&N filter and a catback while the evo had a few grand dumped into it.

You can make any car fast with the right anount of money.
Bobs V from EPP
Old 08-21-2009 | 11:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Key word being stock. I'll take that bet sir. And bet you wont like the outcome too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1_G6...layer_embedded

I could buy a ZR1 while you spend a few grand and still walk you like a dog, whats your point? You bought a high HP car for $$$$ more.
Old 08-22-2009 | 07:07 AM
TECH Addict

Wow.. the evo must be stock since youtube said so.

I believe you!

a 13 second car at best running 10s at over 120mph trap speed.. hmm
Old 08-22-2009 | 10:22 AM
Launching!

Lock 'er up please mod.... Eveybody's pissing on the fire....
Old 08-22-2009 | 11:45 AM

Yep, that'll do it.