Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 ss vs 99-04 mach1

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009 | 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Xtreme864
=/ i can't get one to race me! Theres a yellow and black mach 1 that drives around and always revs up and my friend when we're riding in his nitrous accord but whenevr i come across him in the Z, he never wants to run em. I haven't gotten a mustang to play around with at all yet. Even came across a guy with a 95 kind of model GT that tries to race everybody and actually beat my friend's nitrous accord, but i revved up loud as hell next to him in traffic and he wouldnt take it on the high way with me. only mustangs that wanna race me so far are ones that i have no chance against lol
i'm just a 2v gt but i don't care. we can race. i'm in greenville if your really looking for a race

(greenville, mexico of course )
Old 08-15-2009 | 12:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by big hammer
you shoulda pulled him even harder if he was actually stock... he probably had a couple unmentioned bolt ons
yea ive never raced one before so i wasnt sure how it was going to end up. all in all i was pretty happy with the outcome. ive seen him a few more times since. hes actually a cool guy so im sure we'll get some more runs. ill try and get it on video next time
Old 08-15-2009 | 03:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
i'm just a 2v gt but i don't care. we can race. i'm in greenville if your really looking for a race

(greenville, mexico of course )
lol yes...Mexico.... haha. I'm not much for setting up races, more about just messing around on the highway. I'll catch ya on 385 sometime bro...i mean highway 385 in Mexico...of course lol
Old 08-15-2009 | 04:14 PM
On The Tree

maybe i'll run into ya lol. i drive on it all the time
Old 08-15-2009 | 04:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

sameee here. I actually live in Simpsonville right now and i go to woodruff and haywood all the time and downtown.
Old 08-15-2009 | 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by noride
please not again we all know how both cars run lets just get this 1 over with quick.ps my stock mach with 19000 on it went 13 flat@106 good kills
Originally Posted by ponygt65

No one is downplaying the Mach or its ability to perform. What we are saying is that a full exhaust/intake M6 will trap quite a bit more than 105-106, which should equal quite a bit more than 2-3 cars.

For reference, since noride stated what his car did stock, here's what my M6 SS did with a full exhaust/intake:12.87 @ 112mph with a terrible 60' (2.0 thanks to nittos, 10 bolt and 18" rims) in 90 degree weather. DA was around 27-3000 (typical for the track I run at in the summer months). Yea, the ET sucks and is dependent on a better 60' but the trap speed is what tells the tale.
Old 08-15-2009 | 06:31 PM
On The Tree

depends on the car though right? some full exhaust/intake cars only trap 110 or even just 107-109. although yes many do trap a bit more.

xtreme864, same here. i'm like seven minutes from five forks (like the end of wdrf rd.). just off 101. so yeah i'm on woodruff pretty much every single day. got an interview for a dealership on laurens rd monday (random i know, but anxious)
Old 08-15-2009 | 06:54 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
No one is downplaying the Mach or its ability to perform. What we are saying is that a full exhaust/intake M6 will trap quite a bit more than 105-106, which should equal quite a bit more than 2-3 cars.

For reference, since noride stated what his car did stock, here's what my M6 SS did with a full exhaust/intake:12.87 @ 112mph with a terrible 60' (2.0 thanks to nittos, 10 bolt and 18" rims) in 90 degree weather. DA was around 27-3000 (typical for the track I run at in the summer months). Yea, the ET sucks and is dependent on a better 60' but the trap speed is what tells the tale.
word. when you have a car that should be trapping 5-6 mph faster than the other it should equal busses on a roll race.

even stock for stock, an m6 ls1 will put a couple lengths on a mach from a roll. the machs only hope is that the ls1 driver doesnt know how to launch properly if you go from a dig
Old 08-15-2009 | 07:35 PM
On The Tree

word. when you have a car that should be trapping 5-6 mph faster than the other it should equal busses on a roll race.

even stock for stock, an m6 ls1 will put a couple lengths on a mach from a roll. the machs only hope is that the ls1 driver doesnt know how to launch properly if you go from a dig
thats not always true either. "noride" mach trapped 106 which many ls1's only trap that and several slower than that as well. of course there are some above that mph as well but its not a given that they will put lengths on a mach.
Old 08-15-2009 | 09:43 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
thats not always true either. "noride" mach trapped 106 which many ls1's only trap that and several slower than that as well. of course there are some above that mph as well but its not a given that they will put lengths on a mach.
106 is more unusual for a mach if it's even true--- it's more of an average for an ls1 fbod, with them even running up to 109 mph.
Old 08-15-2009 | 09:51 PM
On The Tree

yeah. but my buddy also had a 4v that trapped 83 in the eighth...that should be 106+ in the quarter mile. all he had was jlt intake and no mufflers if thats even a mod.
Old 08-15-2009 | 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Xtreme864
=/ i can't get one to race me! Theres a yellow and black mach 1 that drives around and always revs up and my friend when we're riding in his nitrous accord but whenevr i come across him in the Z, he never wants to run em. I haven't gotten a mustang to play around with at all yet. Even came across a guy with a 95 kind of model GT that tries to race everybody and actually beat my friend's nitrous accord, but i revved up loud as hell next to him in traffic and he wouldnt take it on the high way with me. only mustangs that wanna race me so far are ones that i have no chance against lol
Holy crap South Carolina ain't that far away, I'll come up and race you.

Originally Posted by ponygt65

WHA??......WTF Carl.

Old 08-16-2009 | 11:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Holy crap South Carolina ain't that far away, I'll come up and race you.

Lol that's what i'm saying tho!! I don't wanna race a procharged mach that i know will blow me away!! I wanna race one stock for stock.

Mrbigjeep, good luck with tha interview bro, lord knows i could use a better job right now haha Super Bi-Lo aint cuttin it.
Old 08-16-2009 | 11:37 AM
On The Tree

a mach 1 will always be faster out of the hole than an ls1 f-body given equal drivers. better trans and rear end gearing with a better suspension for hooking. yes there is an edge to the ls1 on the top end but the mach 1 will front half better than the f-body.
Old 08-16-2009 | 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
a mach 1 will always be faster out of the hole than an ls1 f-body given equal drivers. better trans and rear end gearing with a better suspension for hooking. yes there is an edge to the ls1 on the top end but the mach 1 will front half better than the f-body.
^^That splains it Ricky^^
Old 08-16-2009 | 12:43 PM
Launching!

i cant believe that you guys compare 3 or 4 MPH between 2 similarly modded diff cars and completely fail to realize that if all these cars are not on the same track, or in the same environment altitude & temp, that your MPH & ET will fluctuate enough to make your comparisons a joke. Wither or not a stock Mach will launch harder than an F-body is irrelevant, when equal modded cars are equally driven - ive never seen the Mach come out on top. You boys all meet up at the same track on the same night and your comparos will be accurate. Otherwise - wither or not dude A ran during the day on st tires & dude B ran at a track 1000ft lower at night on drag radials etc. too many variables. I pick up a MPH for every 8degrees lost in temp throughout the day. Silly street racers...theres a science to it - one car dosent magically go faster than the other with the same parts unless maintenence is a factor.
Old 08-16-2009 | 12:56 PM
Launching!

Im sure the tracks in Nor Cal, Mesa Ariz, And Ft Lauderdale Fl are at pretty vaired actual altitudes, and more different density altitudes - the air common to Fl. is humid - the air common to mesa is drier etc. these are the variables i speak of...
Old 08-16-2009 | 01:37 PM
On The Tree

I think allot depends on the car/driver My 00Z28 m6 went 13.01@107 Stock at Richmond Va and same year 8.46@85 in the 1/8 at Brainerd Optimus
Old 08-16-2009 | 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSickLS1
i cant believe that you guys compare 3 or 4 MPH between 2 similarly modded diff cars and completely fail to realize that if all these cars are not on the same track, or in the same environment altitude & temp, that your MPH & ET will fluctuate enough to make your comparisons a joke. Wither or not a stock Mach will launch harder than an F-body is irrelevant, when equal modded cars are equally driven - ive never seen the Mach come out on top. You boys all meet up at the same track on the same night and your comparos will be accurate. Otherwise - wither or not dude A ran during the day on st tires & dude B ran at a track 1000ft lower at night on drag radials etc. too many variables. I pick up a MPH for every 8degrees lost in temp throughout the day. Silly street racers...theres a science to it - one car dosent magically go faster than the other with the same parts unless maintenence is a factor.
Originally Posted by SSickLS1
Im sure the tracks in Nor Cal, Mesa Ariz, And Ft Lauderdale Fl are at pretty vaired actual altitudes, and more different density altitudes - the air common to Fl. is humid - the air common to mesa is drier etc. these are the variables i speak of...

I agree with you on almost everything you said. You are doing exactly what you say is silly though when you say "equally modded" and "equally driven" you have never seen a Mach come out on top. Thats just corny. I mean what are the parameters for equally driven? Some people shift at 6800 in their Machs and some people short shift at 6500. Some people leave at 5000 some people leave at 3000. There are just too many variables to use the term "equally driven". Also referring to equally modded what does that mean? If you mean for instance the LS1 has a lid and the Mach has a lid. Well there are at least 3 different manufacturers that make lids for a Mach, each perform differently. If you say both have dyno tunes well maybe your tuner sucks. At your track you say you have never seen a Mach win equally modded. I believe that, but at my track I have seen a stock Mach beat a LS1 SS Z28 4 out of 4 times on the same night. The margins were all different, both the guys are good drivers are my friends so I know both cars well. Maybe the 4V's like the density better down here than where your at. Basically bone stock LS1 vs bone stock Mach is a drivers race anywhere you go.
Old 08-16-2009 | 02:35 PM
Launching!

touche' my friend touche'