Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 ss vs 99-04 mach1

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 ss vs 99-04 mach1

got my first run with a mach1 a few days ago. ive heard that they are a pretty good match stock for stock so i was kinda excited when i seen him pull up next to me at the light! i looked over at him and he kinda jus gave me a smurk so i knew he was ready. theres a big bump in the middle of the intersection so we both rolled out of 1st. as soon as we crossed the intersection we both punched it at about 30mph. he stuck with me through 1st but as i hit second i pulled about half a car. By the time i hit 3rd i must of been about a car and a half(hard to really judge)ahead of him. It felt like i was pulling pretty hard, but he slammed his brakes and turned into a side street. so i didnt get to talk to him that night but i figured it was stock.

Ran into him again last nite and got another run but this time we left at 50mph and ran till about 110. this time again i pulled on him by about 2-3 cars(again hard to judge). we both slowed down this time and he told me he was stock. told him my mods and we gave eachother a thumbs up and went our seperate ways. cool guy and i was happy with the outcome! sorry for the long post, im not that great of a writer!
Old 08-13-2009, 12:16 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by norcalls1
got my first run with a mach1 a few days ago. ive heard that they are a pretty good match stock for stock so i was kinda excited when i seen him pull up next to me at the light! i looked over at him and he kinda jus gave me a smurk so i knew he was ready. theres a big bump in the middle of the intersection so we both rolled out of 1st. as soon as we crossed the intersection we both punched it at about 30mph. he stuck with me through 1st but as i hit second i pulled about half a car. By the time i hit 3rd i must of been about a car and a half(hard to really judge)ahead of him. It felt like i was pulling pretty hard, but he slammed his brakes and turned into a side street. so i didnt get to talk to him that night but i figured it was stock.

Ran into him again last nite and got another run but this time we left at 50mph and ran till about 110. this time again i pulled on him by about 2-3 cars(again hard to judge). we both slowed down this time and he told me he was stock. told him my mods and we gave eachother a thumbs up and went our seperate ways. cool guy and i was happy with the outcome! sorry for the long post, im not that great of a writer!
Nice kills with your mods it's about right. A Mustang guy with a good tude...finally.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Nice kills with your mods it's about right. A Mustang guy with a good tude...finally.
Those damn Mustang guys and their attitudes. LMAO!! Good kill OP. Seriously though there are a lot of asshats on both sides. I ran into a guy with a fourth gen that thought his **** didn't stink. He wasn't happy with the outcome. He swore I was spraying. It was funny.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Those damn Mustang guys and their attitudes. LMAO!! Good kill OP. Seriously though there are a lot of asshats on both sides. I ran into a guy with a fourth gen that thought his **** didn't stink. He wasn't happy with the outcome. He swore I was spraying. It was funny.
Hell yea bro, ******** everywhere but it makes beating one all the more fun.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:39 AM
Teching In

Hell yea bro, ******** everywhere but it makes beating one all the more fun.
hell yea its jus that much funner to see their grin change to a look of shock when u beat them haha.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Banned

good kill. Stock mach can run 13.30 or so so stock for stock its a good run. Modded LS1 vs stock mach and it should look about just like how your run went.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:49 AM
TECH Regular

The Mustang board I go to respects the fbody twins. If some guy comes in there talking smack about them, or lying about a race, they get made fun of.

I simply don't see the same respect here in this forum when it comes to Mustangs. *shrug* I was just reading a post where a guy pretty much equates Mustangs with rice boy cars. And no one made fun of him for it.

Trash talk is just that. Trash talk.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ke^in
The Mustang board I go to respects the fbody twins. If some guy comes in there talking smack about them, or lying about a race, they get made fun of.

I simply don't see the same respect here in this forum when it comes to Mustangs. *shrug* I was just reading a post where a guy pretty much equates Mustangs with rice boy cars. And no one made fun of him for it.

If you weren't new here you'd know that I was just messing with the guy. I like any performance car that is tasteful. Thanks for sharing you view though.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:43 AM
TECH Regular

If you weren't new here you'd know that I was just messing with the guy.
My apologies then.

It's so hard to see what a person is meaning because there is no facial expressions or boy language.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:03 AM
10 Second Club

Actually Kevin most of the GM guys here are totally respectful. If you read my thread below you'll see. As long we don't act like tools they are cool. I love to school both Mustang and GM guys that bullshit and act like asses. There are two bullies you have to watch out for though. Actually three...On the GM side Manalishi and CoNfUsEd. On the Mustang side, that Ponygt.

Sorry about the jack OP.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...w-genesis.html
Old 08-14-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually Kevin most of the GM guys here are totally respectful. If you read my thread below you'll see. As long we don't act like tools they are cool. I love to school both Mustang and GM guys that bullshit and act like asses. There are two bullies you have to watch out for though. Actually three...On the GM side Manalishi and CoNfUsEd. On the Mustang side, that Ponygt.

I'm not a bully.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by norcalls1

you shoulda pulled him even harder if he was actually stock... he probably had a couple unmentioned bolt ons
Old 08-14-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll admit, I use to be a douchebag to just about 99% of Mustang owners, but then again 99% of them I met had a V6, was 16-18 and thought they were the ****.

...Then I met some REAL Mustangs
Old 08-14-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by big hammer
you shoulda pulled him even harder if he was actually stock... he probably had a couple unmentioned bolt ons
Agreed

Nice kill OP
Old 08-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Good kill! Looks about right for a stock Mach 1 vs your modded Camaro.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Teching In

please not again we all know how both cars run lets just get this 1 over with quick.ps my stock mach with 19000 on it went 13 flat@106 good kills
Old 08-14-2009, 11:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by noride
please not again we all know how both cars run lets just get this 1 over with quick.ps my stock mach with 19000 on it went 13 flat@106 good kills

Cmon bro your Mach's got more miles up and down on a lift then down the road.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

I'm gay.

Do I count as a Mustang guy?

edit- god damnit I wish i could find a 99 Mach 1

Last edited by Sarge_13; 08-15-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

=/ i can't get one to race me! Theres a yellow and black mach 1 that drives around and always revs up and my friend when we're riding in his nitrous accord but whenevr i come across him in the Z, he never wants to run em. I haven't gotten a mustang to play around with at all yet. Even came across a guy with a 95 kind of model GT that tries to race everybody and actually beat my friend's nitrous accord, but i revved up loud as hell next to him in traffic and he wouldnt take it on the high way with me. only mustangs that wanna race me so far are ones that i have no chance against lol
Old 08-15-2009, 01:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by big hammer
Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Agreed

Nice kill OP

Sorry about the jack OP.

WHA??......WTF Carl.