Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 ss vs 99-04 mach1

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009 | 08:55 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
going off of the mods to his mach 1 and the time slips of the benz you got. id say that mach would leave you saying maybe i should have kept my mouth shut.
I don't go off "mods". I'm more convinced by e.t.'s/timeslips.
Old 08-16-2009 | 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
I know a buddy who knows a buddy who knows another buddy.....
hey i would say it was me but personaly the gn/types can really hammer down when moded but the will always sound like a bag of smashed ********. just not my cup of tea.
Old 08-16-2009 | 08:59 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
hey i would say it was me but personaly the gn/types can really hammer down when moded but the will always sound like a bag of smashed ********. just not my cup of tea.
I agree. And Mustang's sure in the heck aren't my cup of tee.

Well, despite the fact i've owned a couple in the past.
Old 08-16-2009 | 09:01 PM
On The Tree

I don't go off "mods". I'm more convinced by e.t.'s/timeslips.
sweet.
Old 08-16-2009 | 11:42 PM
10 Second Club

Doesn't take heavy modding. This car didn't run mid-high 13's from the factory like yours did. But i'm almost positive you didn't know that!

And unlike most of you pretendo's i've got slips/vids to prove it!
Before you shoot your big *** mouth off, What proof do you need? Hows this, alot more than you have shown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YR1-...atch-main-area
Old 08-17-2009 | 12:36 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Before you shoot your big *** mouth off, What proof do you need? Hows this, alot more than you have shown.
LOL, I had links in my sig up until a week ago. You just never bothered to look.

This car is driven on the street whenever I can find the time and just made the 200-mile round trip to and from Sacramento.

(Left lane) 9.49/145 run, GS Nationals Kentucky '07 Test 'N Tune:

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/l...rent=MyGN.flv]
Old 08-17-2009 | 12:45 PM
9 Second Club

Motor:

Stage II 250ci "109" block, Moldex/Crower/CP rotating assembly, custom Turbo from Cal Hartline, FAST XFI, AMS1000 Boost Controller, etc. etc.

Old 08-17-2009 | 12:52 PM
On The Tree

no no no, we wanna see your benz running low 11's...thats what you challenged him in.

860? thats it? i know of a little 4cyl evo making that much i kid, i kid. but seriously. i will leave as my car is slower than a snow sled but nice cars.
Old 08-17-2009 | 01:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
no no no, we wanna see your benz running low 11's...thats what you challenged him in.

860? thats it? i know of a little 4cyl evo making that much i kid, i kid. but seriously. i will leave as my car is slower than a snow sled but nice cars.
X2 dude, you challenged me in that silver land yacht of yours. I know I'll get whipped by the GN. My buddy has been a GN guy for quite some time, They run good but look like a brick. I'm putting the new motor in this winter. I'm not saying I will give the GN a run for the money when it's done but I sure as hell will try. By the way you haven't posted any vids or slips on the car you did challenge me with.
Old 08-17-2009 | 02:16 PM
9 Second Club

X2 dude, you challenged me in that silver land yacht of yours.
At a curb weight of about 3800lbs dry the C63 is about the same weight as a Cobra vert or new Camaro. It's heavy but it hauls ***. Not too mention the chicks just luuuuuuv it!

By the way you haven't posted any vids or slips on the car you did challenge me with.
I usually don't carry a camcorder with me to the track. I'm usually solo to be honest. If it wasn't for my wife having her camera phone at that event you wouldn't of had the pleasure of seeing that run!

Meh, so maybe I underestimated the little 4.6 a bit. I'll refer to it as the little engine that could from here on out. You'll show my Benz taillights....for now. That is until the MKB 567 Package finds it's way in...which it will very soon.

This was my 3rd run in the car. BONE-STOCK w/ 2xx miles...still had the dealer placard on the back. Next time I hit SRP i'll make a note to save my slips just to show you your proof that this is now an 11-second car. lol

12.2@115

Last edited by ARCTIC '00; 08-17-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-17-2009 | 02:20 PM
9 Second Club

And the car. The day I purchased it from Mercedez-Benz of Sacramento (now Von Housen MB) for $72,000 large but well worth it IMO! Rest assured it will be a 10-second Benz in the near future and I promise that.

Old 08-17-2009 | 02:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sarge_13

Do I count as a Mustang guy?

edit- god damnit I wish i could find a 99 Mach 1
I don't think anyone got your joke?!
Old 08-17-2009 | 02:40 PM
11 Second Club

X2 dude, you challenged me in that silver land yacht of yours. I know I'll get whipped by the GN. My buddy has been a GN guy for quite some time, They run good but look like a brick. I'm putting the new motor in this winter. I'm not saying I will give the GN a run for the money when it's done but I sure as hell will try. By the way you haven't posted any vids or slips on the car you did challenge me with.
Um, you should probably talk less **** about that C63. There are several in the mid 11's. I know that's not low 11's, but it's not the slow barge you think it is. If you make any mistakes on your run that C63 has a good shot at owning your ***.
Old 08-17-2009 | 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There is only one winner in a bench race, the bench.
Old 08-17-2009 | 03:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

i will leave as my car is slower than a snow sled but nice cars.
We figured that much out a long time ago
Old 08-17-2009 | 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I HAVE NEVER seen some one try to make up for a 'small package' like I've seen Arctic. Talk about materialistic and 'show/proof' of manhood.

Let's see.......'wanna meet up tough guy'; I've got XXXX RWHP, You're car can't handle my kickass GN, I know all about mustangs, cause I ahd two, and ever so cool......I dropped $75,000+ bones on this mercedes. Woot Woot. No one cans touch me's.

Those of you that know SVTP, I think we have found LS1techs version of the ($65,000) poster.

Seriously Arctic, do you ever post with out some sort of arrogance tied to it? It's simple, you opened your mouth talkin' **** to Carl and fact is, that car would drag your 'proposed grocery getter' up and down the block.
Old 08-17-2009 | 03:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
Um, you should probably talk less **** about that C63. There are several in the mid 11's. I know that's not low 11's, but it's not the slow barge you think it is. If you make any mistakes on your run that C63 has a good shot at owning your ***.
Maybe you missed this post...............
Pshhhh plz....I'll leave the Crapmaro at home and let the "grocery getter" Benz put you to shame sonny boy.
Arctic's the one blabbing his big mouth, which is nothing new. I guess, if I had to use expensive, quick cars to make up for my low self esteem, I would too.
Old 08-17-2009 | 03:19 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I HAVE NEVER seen some one try to make up for a 'small package' like I've seen Arctic. Talk about materialistic and 'show/proof' of manhood.

Let's see.......'wanna meet up tough guy'; I've got XXXX RWHP, You're car can't handle my kickass GN, I know all about mustangs, cause I ahd two, and ever so cool......I dropped $75,000+ bones on this mercedes. Woot Woot. No one cans touch me's.

Those of you that know SVTP, I think we have found LS1techs version of the ($65,000) poster.

Seriously Arctic, do you ever post with out some sort of arrogance tied to it? It's simple, you opened your mouth talkin' **** to Carl and fact is, that car would drag your 'proposed grocery getter' up and down the block.
The fact is my friend you have no room to say anything really. The only thing you can do is ridicule me for being so-called arrogant. When in reality, it only seems that way to you because I happen to be one of the rare individuals that can actually back stuff up. So if I choose to mention how much my cars cost or how many vehicles reside in my garage that's my business. I've earned everything I own. If you don't like it don't comment. It's as simple as that.

So for the rest of your pathetic life feel free to carry on with your envy for me. Jealousy is the #1 motivator ya know!
Old 08-17-2009 | 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

The fact is my friend you have no room to say anything really. The only thing you can do is ridicule me for being so-called arrogant. When in reality, it only seems that way to you because I happen to be one of the rare individuals that can actually back stuff up. So if I choose to mention how much my cars cost or how many vehicles reside in my garage that's my business. I've earned everything I own. If you don't like it don't comment. It's as simple as that.

So for the rest of your pathetic life feel free to carry on with your envy for me. Jealousy is the #1 motivator ya know!

1) I'm certainly not the only one that finds you arrogant.
2) A humble person doesn't need to 'brag'.
3) Backing up arrogance is not an eliminator of arrogance.
4) Plenty of people have as many cars as you, adn just as pricey, and dont' feel the need to 'boast'.
5) I've earned everything I've owned.....all while having a child when I was 17.
6) I'm hardly jealous as I'd rather be lower on the income totum pole and be a realistic humble person, than be 'higher up' with a matching level of arrogance.
7) funny.......you don't know a single thing abotu my life, yet you can call it pathetic.

Old 08-17-2009 | 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Maybe you missed this post...............

Arctic's the one blabbing his big mouth, which is nothing new. I guess, if I had to use expensive, quick cars to make up for my low self esteem, I would too.
You are right...I didn't read that post. All I was getting at is the C63 might be quicker than you might think...