Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 ss vs 99-04 mach1

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
You are right...I didn't read that post. All I was getting at is the C63 might be quicker than you might think...
Oh, I know they can be quick.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Oh, I know they can be quick.
Well then, I'm glad we had this conversation.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

1) I'm certainly not the only one that finds you arrogant.
2) A humble person doesn't need to 'brag'.
3) Backing up arrogance is not an eliminator of arrogance.
4) Plenty of people have as many cars as you, adn just as pricey, and dont' feel the need to 'boast'.
5) I've earned everything I've owned.....all while having a child when I was 17.
6) I'm hardly jealous as I'd rather be lower on the income totum pole and be a realistic humble person, than be 'higher up' with a matching level of arrogance.
7) funny.......you don't know a single thing abotu my life, yet you can call it pathetic.

Seriously dude get a life. Get off of Mike's nutz. Can't knock someone for their success. I don't see anywhere in this thread where he was being arrogant. I just see him posting videos/dynographs about his car in which I think everyone should be required to do so before talking ****. Mike's a really cool guy and your just downright pitiful for even posting something like that above.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

So much drama
Old 08-17-2009, 04:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
So much drama
Says the pot...
Old 08-17-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
Pshhhh plz....I'll leave the Crapmaro at home and let the "grocery getter" Benz put you to shame sonny boy.
I would really hate myself if I acted like this.

No offense.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Teching In

say what you guys want but

Stock A4 LS1 is a good race for a 5 speed mach
Stock M6 LS1 WILL win by 1-2 cars, seen it, done it about 20 times now

2002 A4 Z28: 3.73's vs 2003 Mach 1 5 Speed: X-Pipe, Tune
its an auto ls1 and its pulling on a 5 speed mach so imagine what a 6 Speed ls1 would do???hmmmm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS8vpGHMZBM
Full exhaust A4 Z28 vs Full Exhaust CAI, Tune Auto Mach 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T1Fk7VJO6g
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...s-1_133677.htm

Last edited by NiteRiderWS6; 08-17-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

1) I'm certainly not the only one that finds you arrogant.
2) A humble person doesn't need to 'brag'.
3) Backing up arrogance is not an eliminator of arrogance.
4) Plenty of people have as many cars as you, adn just as pricey, and dont' feel the need to 'boast'.
5) I've earned everything I've owned.....all while having a child when I was 17.
6) I'm hardly jealous as I'd rather be lower on the income totum pole and be a realistic humble person, than be 'higher up' with a matching level of arrogance.
7) funny.......you don't know a single thing abotu my life, yet you can call it pathetic.

i agree i think that you could sum up artic in one word tho. DOUSHEBAG
Old 08-17-2009, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
say what you guys want but

Stock A4 LS1 is a good race for a 5 speed mach
Stock M6 LS1 WILL win by 1-2 cars, seen it, done it about 20 times now

2002 A4 Z28: 3.73's vs 2003 Mach 1 5 Speed: X-Pipe, Tune
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS8vpGHMZBM
its an auto ls1 and its pulling on a 5 speed mach so imagine what a 6 Speed ls1 would do???hmmmm
1 video sums it all up huh?
Old 08-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Teching In

no what sums it up is when my A4 WS6 (the black one) was stock i beat about 6 or 7 5 speed mach 1's by anywhere from a fender to a whole car, i never lost to one and have never seen a bone stock LS1 loose to one in my street racing days and there are about 3-4 bolt on ones that come out with us every time, my white ws6 which is a 6-Speed when it was bone stock beat a bone stock mach 1 5 speed by 2.5 cars from a roll and about 2 cars from a dig ...i dont see how thats a drivers race...bottom line is

Stock vs stock both with good drivers
Dig, Roll, Reverse, Sideways it dosent matter
M6 LS1 > 5 Speed Mach
A4 LS1 = 5 Speed Mach
A4 LS1 > Auto Mach

LS1's will have more kills on machs then the other way around...why? because its the faster car

Last edited by NiteRiderWS6; 08-17-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
We figured that much out a long time ago
dude you have to be the funniest guy i know.

and i don't agree that an m6 ls1 will always win...many of the a4 ls1's i've seen were trapping higher than a lot of the m6's anyway...seems they all run a bit differently

btw, i never saw the ls1 pull in the first vid

Last edited by mrbigjeep; 08-17-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

no what sums it up is when my A4 WS6 (the black one) was stock i beat about 6 or 7 5 speed mach 1's by anywhere from a fender to a whole car, i never lost to one and have never seen a bone stock LS1 loose to one in my street racing days and there are about 3-4 bolt on ones that come out with us every time, my white ws6 which is a 6-Speed when it was bone stock beat a bone stock mach 1 5 speed by 2.5 cars from a roll and about 2 cars from a dig ...i dont see how thats a drivers race...bottom line is

M6 LS1 > 5 Speed Mach
A4 LS1 = 5 Speed Mach
A4 LS1 > Auto Mach

LS1's will have more kills on machs then the other way around...why? because its the faster car
im sorry you are right
Old 08-17-2009, 05:39 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

None of these firechickens or catfish ever beat me mod for mod. Street or track. hahahaha
Old 08-17-2009, 05:54 PM
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=ARCTIC '00;12084335]And the car. The day I purchased it from Mercedez-Benz of Sacramento (now Von Housen MB) for $72,000 large but well worth it IMO! Rest assured it will be a 10-second Benz in the near future and I promise that.

I gotta say it is lighter than it looks, I am far from finished with my Mach. I just finished my built shortblock and it if just waiting for a few more funds till goes in. With a slightly more aggressive tune I would be solidly in the 10's now, but I am trying to nurse the 85000 mile stock shortblock until everything comes together for my motor swap. Just so you know the car went 11.2 with a stock shotblock, stock exhaust manifolds, stock cams, stock heads which have never been off the motor. The timing is pulled way back, car actually put over 500 to the rear wheels on just 11lbs of boost through an unlocked stalled auto. I don't advertise that cause I think its rice to say you have more hp from a tune thats not currently in the motor. You may not like the 4.6 but the potential is enormous. It WILL be a 9 second ac'd street car within the next year.

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
Um, you should probably talk less **** about that C63. There are several in the mid 11's. I know that's not low 11's, but it's not the slow barge you think it is. If you make any mistakes on your run that C63 has a good shot at owning your ***.
Thats great for a luxury car, if he gets his mods done quick he may own my car for a couple of months but mine will eventually be faster. Fact is we couldn't live farther away so it looks like this bench racing is as good as it is gonna get.

Maybe you missed this post...............

Arctic's the one blabbing his big mouth, which is nothing new. I guess, if I had to use expensive, quick cars to make up for my low self esteem, I would too.
You got that right Mike, but like I said before I think he's just stirring the pot to see what reaction he gets from us.

M6 LS1 > 5 Speed Mach
A4 LS1 = 5 Speed Mach
A4 LS1 > Auto Mach

Dude you sound like freaking Obama quoteing stats on how many new jobs were created last month. The answer to both of these questions

1) Question: how many new jobs were created last month?
Answer: Who the hell knows, no way to quantify that.
2) Question: how many stock Machs have gotton beat by stock LS1's since 2003?
Answer: Who the hell knows? no way to quantify that

Why don't you take your little narrow minded *** and your little (LS1>Mach) chart and go to the Mach 1 registry and check the quarter mile section for stock Machs and see that a great deal of them went low 13's bone stock. Since LS1's stock are low 13 second cars it is a DRIVERS RACE. And the idiotic argument that LS1's trap higher means nothing to any real racer. Who cares what your car traps if you loose? Yes M6 LS1's are faster than auto Machs+ common knowledge. Thats why mine is not stock anymore.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

M6 LS1 > 5 Speed Mach
A4 LS1 = 5 Speed Mach
A4 LS1 > Auto Mach

thank you for the best post in this thread.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLWNV10
Seriously dude get a life. Get off of Mike's nutz. Can't knock someone for their success. I don't see anywhere in this thread where he was being arrogant. I just see him posting videos/dynographs about his car in which I think everyone should be required to do so before talking ****. Mike's a really cool guy and your just downright pitiful for even posting something like that above.
MMMM'ok. Sounds liek you're the one ridin' the

A 'really cool guy' sends out PM's to meet up to 'handle it'. Yeah, mmm'ok. If that's your idea of a really cool guy, then so be it. Dude's got an attitude problem. It's that simple.

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
i agree i think that you could sum up artic in one word tho. DOUSHEBAG

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
1 video sums it all up huh?
again

M6 LS1 > 5 Speed Mach
A4 LS1 = 5 Speed Mach
A4 LS1 > Auto Mach

MMM'ok. Too bad I have first hand experience that says otherwise....FROM A ROLL.

And for every vid. you post, another can be posted to say otherwise. THe point? the cars are closer than you obviously believe.

stock for stock and light bolt on for light bolt on, ET's will be there, but the TS advantage is for the LS (for obvious reasons).

SIMPLE: machs are low-mid 13s, and so are LS fbods. Have you ever driven a mach? They aren't setup like any other mustang before (or after) it. IE: it takes seat time to drive one properly.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

hell yeah man 13.00 stock is damn good
Old 08-17-2009, 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

A 'really cool guy' sends out PM's to meet up to 'handle it'. Yeah, mmm'ok. If that's your idea of a really cool guy, then so be it. Dude's got an attitude problem. It's that simple.

again
MMM'ok. Too bad I have first hand experience that says otherwise....FROM A ROLL.

And for every vid. you post, another can be posted to say otherwise. THe point? the cars are closer than you obviously believe.
stock for stock and light bolt on for light bolt on, ET's will be there, but the TS advantage is for the LS (for obvious reasons).

SIMPLE: machs are low-mid 13s, and so are LS fbods. Have you ever driven a mach? They aren't setup like any other mustang before (or after) it. IE: it takes seat time to drive one properly.
actually i disagree for this instance--- check you tube. most of the races between fbods and machs have the fbod winning.

mach's are very respectable for an n\a mustang. but all things equal the ls1 is always 1-2 tenths quicker and 2-3 mph faster.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Teching In

again

yea sure u have.....when u show me a video of a stock ls1 loosing to a stock mach then i will bealive u, until then LS1> Mach 1
Old 08-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

yea sure u have.....when u show me a video of a stock ls1 loosing to a stock mach then i will bealive u, until then LS1> Mach 1
Someone's mad they have a slow car!!! My g/f would walk you in her Mach 1. Stick to the GT's so you don't get your feelings hurt.