Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 cammed ss vs. shelby gt500 tt and blown

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSIRBY
and we BOTH spun a good ways. mine just tears out faster than his. i dont have to wait on turbos to spool up.
Originally Posted by Dynotune04
neither does he. you should look into how a compound boost set up works. the blower spools the turbos in a hurry. i have seen them go from 10 lbs of boost to 36 lbs of boost in about 1 split second. thats actauly the down side to the compound set up. the power comes on so fast it makes it almost impossible to hook.
heres an idea of how fast the turbos come on. just about instantly from when the throttle was planted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLyPb5MEfX0
This...
Old 09-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Banned

When we were looking at options on my dads 03 cobra we looked at the hellion compound setup, but decided it wouldnt be worth a **** cause you cant get them to hook. Ended up doing a single 78mm turbo instead, much better setup imo.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
When we were looking at options on my dads 03 cobra we looked at the hellion compound setup, but decided it wouldnt be worth a **** cause you cant get them to hook. Ended up doing a single 78mm turbo instead, much better setup imo.
i agree 100% the compound set ups make killer dyno numbers but thats about it .
Old 09-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Agreed....cool show car setup for sure...but that's about it.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

well i guess its pointless to run this kb cobra tonight. i mean heck, all he's gonna do is spin right? so if i beat him, it dont count. cause me spinning doesnt matter. its just normal for fbodys and cobras should hook.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Banned

Wink

well i guess its pointless to run this kb cobra tonight. i mean heck, all he's gonna do is spin right? so if i beat him, it dont count. cause me spinning doesnt matter. its just normal for fbodys and cobras should hook.
Nobody said the win didn't count, just saying there was a reason you won that race other than your car being super fast like your playing it up to be. Talking about beating single digit cars in a cam only ls1 LOL! The car you raced may have made a million horsepower but it was still probably a low 13 or high 12 second car.

So go out and race the kb cobra and let us know the results.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dang man......you've posted some serious smartass comments lately. Havin' some shitt days or what?
Old 09-13-2009, 02:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

no shitty days. just tired of reading the bs or i'm just misunderstanding and taking things the wrong way. its cool.

ran the 2.4 kb cobra tonight. before i say anything, i will be making a new thread and posting a video this time. so hopefully i can get the results out tomorrow.

and yea, so what if the guy spun, like ya said win is win. i didnt mean to make mine how to be some kinda outlaw car. i just know that car is at least a 10 sec car whether is be low, mid, or high. i'm just an 11 sec cam only car. how fast could it be?
Old 09-13-2009, 02:52 AM
Banned

the shelby I guarantee wasn't a ten second car with that compound boost setup, but whatever floats your boat.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

**** i guess i just made up this whole thread then. please lock this thread since i dont have proof anyway. i'll be starting another one ppl can flame on even though it will have a video and still say its a 15 sec car. so that means my car is a 18 sec car.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

**** i guess i just made up this whole thread then. please lock this thread since i dont have proof anyway. i'll be starting another one ppl can flame on even though it will have a video and still say its a 15 sec car. so that means my car is a 18 sec car.
Where are you finding all this cars to race in Quitman, Mississippi?
Old 09-13-2009, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
I couldn't agree more. Low 11s and high 10s are the norm today. Single digit street cars are everywhere lately it seems. If you are not trapping 135+, don't even bother betting. Chances are you will lose.
At the track this may be the case, but most of these same cars leave the track and swap on their 18, 19, 20 inch wheels running Hankook or some other "useless for putting down anything other than bone stock power and even then not too great" tires. Then suddenly you get a car that ran a 10 or trapped 135+ at the track but can't get traction anywhere under 80mph and would get beat by alot of low hp cars on drag radials from stoplight to stoplight. Obviously there are exceptions, but there are far more "slow" cars out there than fast cars. It just doesn't seem that way because car mags and the internet focus on the best of the best and the fastest of the fastest.

Also the big boom in roll racing makes cars, that would normally suck ***** in a real setup dig race with a finish line, look like gods.

Just my observations.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
Where are you finding all this cars to race in Quitman, Mississippi?
i'm the only one in quitman. most of them from newton and meridian so far. i noticed you was from terry, ms. how far are you?
Old 09-13-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
At the track this may be the case, but most of these same cars leave the track and swap on their 18, 19, 20 inch wheels running Hankook or some other "useless for putting down anything other than bone stock power and even then not too great" tires. Then suddenly you get a car that ran a 10 or trapped 135+ at the track but can't get traction anywhere under 80mph and would get beat by alot of low hp cars on drag radials from stoplight to stoplight. Obviously there are exceptions, but there are far more "slow" cars out there than fast cars. It just doesn't seem that way because car mags and the internet focus on the best of the best and the fastest of the fastest.

Also the big boom in roll racing makes cars, that would normally suck ***** in a real setup dig race with a finish line, look like gods.

Just my observations.
this was a legit race. he agreed to my 1 car and hit. i was on 17 and 18'' wheels with 315/30 rears. him on bogarts with at least a 325/50 tires. i left spinning to his spinning. when hooked up i was gone. he was pulling back hard though.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:16 AM

this was a legit race. he agreed to my 1 car and hit. i was on 17 and 18'' wheels with 315/30 rears. him on bogarts with at least a 325/50 tires. i left spinning to his spinning. when hooked up i was gone. he was pulling back hard though.
I wasn't referring to this race, I was just referring to the people saying not to bother getting off the porch unless you run 9's and trap the speed of light.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

oh gotcha. my bad there good sir.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Banned

So you lost to the KB cobra?
Old 09-13-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

not saying til i get a video up. waiting on my buddy to put it together. he's been working on it.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Banned

?????????
Old 09-15-2009, 12:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

weak thread without video, and childish to not say, not excited(wont be checking back every 10 seconds to see who won)