Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a new saleen

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stock 241 heads untouched a guy by me tuned it you will prob put down 430-440 you have pretty small cam
Old 09-21-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SStheBest
so how bou you quit antagonzing people and tell the man good kill and leave it alone
I was mostly referring to these two posts. The double standard **** talkin' get olds real quick. They're talkin' crap when no one has made a dang comment yet.

Speaking of which...why couldn't you just send me a PM and 'leave it alone'.
Originally Posted by 01SuperSport
I don't know really how fast they are but IMO it must have a supercharger or something Pony guys come in and preach on mustangs
Originally Posted by Xtreme864
coming in to say good kill before the mustang guys swoop in with their theories of impossibility that any f-body beat any mustang

Watch me get flamed for that joke too. I love it.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DJ_Seph
Yes, now read your lines.
Ok ok ok wait...ahhemm..

"Pppffff cchhhaaaa,yeah see if he woulda known you where racing he woulda totally tried...pppfff ccchhhaaa. So like if it was me I woulda totally had cams,gears,LT's,tires,tunes,lighter wheels,stripped interior,re-tune,plexiglass, and a mammoth 3.4 to rape your stock car !"

Like that ?
Old 09-21-2009, 07:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blackbob
Ok ok ok wait...ahhemm..

"Pppffff cchhhaaaa,yeah see if he woulda known you where racing he woulda totally tried...pppfff ccchhhaaa. So like if it was me I woulda totally had cams,gears,LT's,tires,tunes,lighter wheels,stripped interior,re-tune,plexiglass, and a mammoth 3.4 to rape your stock car !"

Like that ?
Wow, that's pretty good
Old 09-21-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I was mostly referring to these two posts. The double standard **** talkin' get olds real quick. They're talkin' crap when no one has made a dang comment yet.

i here ya....y you think i ignored the tards...ive read a few of your post and i believe you to be inteligent...dont sink to that level
Old 09-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ran a Saleen "Red Flag" Sunday morning on a empty freeway. Took a bit to get him to run, and for some reason he would only run from 80mph and refused my handsignals to slow down (so I could holeshot him with 2nd gear). having to run from 80 mph with a A4 and only when he launched first is not exactly good, but in 3 runs he never pulled: after I got into the 5's (rpms) each time I reeled him in and got even with his door he would let up. I tried honking it off but he didnt understand: and the one time I tried taking off first he didnt go either: total rookie at street racing, would be side by siding with my interior light on trying to signal him to roll down the window or slow down but he kept his window up and would just randomly punch it and try to leave me. Rookies... At least he was a frustrated rookie in a $50k car!

The Red Flag cars are easily identifiable btw: Red slashes or "Flags" on front fender with no "Saleen" door sill emblems: its on the rear valance. Same supercharged engine as the Extreme ($80k version that weighs 30 pounds less but gets 3.73 gears versus 3.31 gears lol).

465hp 425tq in a 3500 pound car. Overrated hp numbers IMO: would put it closer to 420hp. Of course, though normally I dont give this caveat out lightly: the driver was a tool and probably was short shifting (though I never gained on him on a shift lag- pure motor on motor pull).

Anyways, nice kill on what was probably a Extreme Saleen! Just imagine what you could do with a stock 2010 GT and $50k to mod it. WoW
Old 09-21-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Shut up Ford boy. You know your place now get back in the corner put on the little pointy hat on.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SStheBest
i here ya....y you think i ignored the tards...ive read a few of your post and i believe you to be inteligent...dont sink to that level

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Ran a Saleen "Red Flag" Sunday morning on a empty freeway. Took a bit to get him to run, and for some reason he would only run from 80mph and refused my handsignals to slow down (so I could holeshot him with 2nd gear). having to run from 80 mph with a A4 and only when he launched first is not exactly good, but in 3 runs he never pulled: after I got into the 5's (rpms) each time I reeled him in and got even with his door he would let up. I tried honking it off but he didnt understand: and the one time I tried taking off first he didnt go either: total rookie at street racing, would be side by siding with my interior light on trying to signal him to roll down the window or slow down but he kept his window up and would just randomly punch it and try to leave me. Rookies... At least he was a frustrated rookie in a $50k car!

The Red Flag cars are easily identifiable btw: Red slashes or "Flags" on front fender with no "Saleen" door sill emblems: its on the rear valance. Same supercharged engine as the Extreme ($80k version that weighs 30 pounds less but gets 3.73 gears versus 3.31 gears lol).

465hp 425tq in a 3500 pound car. Overrated hp numbers IMO: would put it closer to 420hp. Of course, though normally I dont give this caveat out lightly: the driver was a tool and probably was short shifting (though I never gained on him on a shift lag- pure motor on motor pull).

Anyways, nice kill on what was probably a Extreme Saleen! Just imagine what you could do with a stock 2010 GT and $50k to mod it. WoW
I may be having a brain fart, last I knew there was only one SE saleen and they are commemorative edition for the military. Limited to ~50 IIRC. Those were not S281E powerplants. They were S281SC's. I know someone in the Navy that has one.

And 'probably a Extreme Saleen'? You're kidding right? seriously. In case you didn't know, there's the S281, S281SC, and S281E. The S281E is a 550Hp version with a forged motor.
Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Shut up Ford boy. You know your place now get back in the corner put on the little pointy hat on.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I live in Greenville too. What part are you around? Don't think I've ever ran you before. Then again there are LS1s left and right so I might have seen you but didn't know it.
I live in Simpsonville. It's pretty cool around here, nice and quiet but still some things to do. I'm not really into runnin people, i'll mess around on the highway but im not one for setting up races. Just got the car, still got alotta work to do.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's called a joke brother. Guess i gotta watch those around here, if theres one thing LS1 tech doesn't have, it's a single ounce of anything resembling a sense of humor.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blackbob
Ok ok ok wait...ahhemm..

Like that ?
Next Clint Eastwood here.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

It's called a joke brother. Guess i gotta watch those around here, if theres one thing LS1 tech doesn't have, it's a single ounce of anything resembling a sense of humor.
You obviously haven't read many of the threads I've been in. Its very laid back here in SRK section. Just gotta be able to roll with the punches between the Mustang and F-body guys.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

You obviously haven't read many of the threads I've been in. Its very laid back here in SRK section. Just gotta be able to roll with the punches between the Mustang and F-body guys.
lol apparantley that ponygt guy doesnt tolerate any kind of negative talk towards mustangs at all, joking or not.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol apparantley that ponygt guy doesnt tolerate any kind of negative talk towards mustangs at all, joking or not.
He's all right, he probably just didn't realize you were joking .
Old 09-23-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nope...you're just relative new. Ask any of the SRK regulars and they'll tell you that I'm about as realistic as they come. Here's an example in a recent thread.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...camaro-ss.html
And Mani is correct....

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
He's all right, he probably just didn't realize you were joking .
Old 09-24-2009, 11:06 PM
10 Second Club

I'm sure it was SC. I ran a the SC version a year or so back form a 20-25 roll and had him 2-3 by forth.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Steve if you ever are going to the track or something let me know and we can meet up. I won't have my car there for a while, putting a new cam in and intake on.

I'm no Ford **** or anything. I like F-bodies just as much as Mustangs so you have nothing to worry about lol
Old 09-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones

A friend of mine has a '08 saleen with the 465hp. The best he can trap is 114.6 with a 12.65et. 420hp sounds about right.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm no Ford **** or anything.
We believe you.