Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Sore loser lost - worst excuse ever

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Demon 383
Funny, there are approximately 27 guys here on Tech alone according to the "Quickest Stock Internals" list (https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results-85/) that have wen't 116mph & beyond in "Bolt-on Only" trim. That doesn't include the handful of guys that I personally know that have done it that are not members here, not including Arctic. So it's probably safe to say there are more than a few.

Plus, that's besides the point. My point is you have to consider more than hp when guestimating trap speeds, no matter what kind of car it is, LSX or not. Thanks for your .2 though.
Weight has been talked about actually. And he did say he has done no weight mods.

Also, Unit said close to 120. IDK about you, but I don't consider 116 'close to' 120 when it comes to 1320/power.

We see your point, I just don't think you haven't paid close attention to what's already been said in this thread.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

suprapsu, you probably just lost everyones respect, if there was any left, by quoting Vin Diesel.

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32

Now... Post a time slip or a video of your supra running 117 or you are clearly full of ****.
If you post a slip, take a picture of it with SupraPSU>Ls1tech on it. Anyone can post someone else's time slip.
PM him that so he cant keep ignoring it lol
Old 10-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Also, Unit said close to 120. IDK about you, but I don't consider 116 'close to' 120 when it comes to 1320/power.
I agree with you there. That is like saying you are close to 12's when you only run 13.6.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Demon 383
Funny, there are approximately 27 guys here on Tech alone according to the "Quickest Stock Internals" list...
27??? Holy ****!!! Stop the presses. There are over 100,000 members here. Let's assume that only 10% of them own fbodies and actually race them. Think of the percentage were talking about.

Why do you always act like a dick...do you go out of your way to do that or is it just inherent in your nature?
Old 10-01-2009, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by suprapsu
How is it I'm lying? My car did trap at 117mph and according to the timeslip i did beat that trans am. I also let him look under the hood, trunk and inside.

Yeah of course I would be upset for investing $20k in mods and getting beat by a supra. Heck if you factor in the price of what he paid for his car plus mods ($32k + $20k) he could've bought a brand new Supra back in 1997 for $40k and have $10k for mods. Or buy two used supras. Or just be smart about it and get NOS bottle for $600 and be running 11's all day long. But he says that having NOS is like cheating. Whatever, I think NOS or turbo is all fair game. Like what Vin Diesel said. Winning is winning.

The truck part. After I whopped him in the 1/4 mile he said that towards the end he let off the gas b/c there was a red truck in the way. Yeah I remember the red truck, it went down the drag strip before us and when we were at the tree it was long gone. Even after I passed the 1/4 mile it was out of the way. Even if it was there, it would've been on my side. That was the worst excuse ever. If I lost I say I lost.

I'm sure there are alot of T/A, and Cameros here that are faster than my supra. Why are you even upset that I beat a T/A with $20k in mods? It's just one T/A nothing to get upset over. I got beat by a Mustang Cobra and Ford Lightning before. If I lost I say so. I tell it how it is.
LOL Ricer... do you really think this guy put $18k in his car and can't even get to the 400rwhp mark???? come on man, most bolt on and cam guys here past that pretty easy. i'm fully bolt on and cammed and put down 400rwhp on an auto.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I agree with you there. That is like saying you are close to 12's when you only run 13.6.
What really bugs me is when people round up their trap speeds. For example: 124.9 does not mean you trapped 125. I see it mostly on Youtube videos in the title.

If is says 124.9 on the timeslip, guess what? You trapped 124 miles per hour, not 125 miles per hour. If we're all going to round up by the tenth, then I guess everyone who runs 10.9 actually only runs 11s, or anyone who runs a 12.9 actually only runs 13s.

I guarantee you'll never see someone's Youtube video titled "12 second pass at 120" and see the light board display an 11.9 at 119.9.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
What really bugs me is when people round up their trap speeds. For example: 124.9 does not mean you trapped 125. I see it mostly on Youtube videos in the title.

If is says 124.9 on the timeslip, guess what? You trapped 124 miles per hour, not 125 miles per hour. If we're all going to round up by the tenth, then I guess everyone who runs 10.9 actually only runs 11s, or anyone who runs a 12.9 actually only runs 13s.

I guarantee you'll never see someone's Youtube video titled "12 second pass at 120" and see the light board display an 11.9 at 119.9.
Everyone rounds up their trap speed and they round down their ET.
Funny how that works, right?
Old 10-01-2009, 02:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
isnt that the way math wiorks
Old 10-01-2009, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1powered09
LOL Ricer... do you really think this guy put $18k in his car and can't even get to the 400rwhp mark???? come on man, most bolt on and cam guys here past that pretty easy. i'm fully bolt on and cammed and put down 400rwhp on an auto.
maybe he bought some baller carbon fiber wheels for $3,000 a piece and then a $6,000 diamond shift ****
Old 10-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Holy ****, I didn't think you with that bad *** ride was only a E4 . I guess it makes sense though....if you aren't married (basing this off of the enlisted/ NCO's around the base I was at), you got tons of money to blow on your cars. Most Senior NCO's had regular cars, or performance vehicles with not alot of mods due to families and house and ****.
LOL im still a "first termer", been in 3 years 9 months. I did re-up last year though so I guess im not really a first termer anymore, just a sucker who joined to be in Signal cause his recruiter told him that was the branch to move up fast in!

Oh and I got married three months ago, only thing I have bought since is a strut bar and a tune. BOTH I caught a ton of hell for LOL. I just bought her a brand new car but I cant buy myself a strut tower bar ha ha ha!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Why do you always act like a dick...do you go out of your way to do that or is it just inherent in your nature?
Nice to see someone else say that. ALthough, I must say, the last time he posted in here, it wasn't so assholish. Male PMS?
Old 10-01-2009, 04:31 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
LOL im still a "first termer", been in 3 years 9 months. I did re-up last year though so I guess im not really a first termer anymore, just a sucker who joined to be in Signal cause his recruiter told him that was the branch to move up fast in!

Oh and I got married three months ago, only thing I have bought since is a strut bar and a tune. BOTH I caught a ton of hell for LOL. I just bought her a brand new car but I cant buy myself a strut tower bar ha ha ha!

I don't get that ****! My wife gets whatever she wants. She goes out to eat 3 nights a week with her girlfriends and buys God knows how many purses and shoes. I ordered a $35 4" Silicon coupler for my new ride and she calls me and gives me the 3rd degree. Like she found another womans panties in my car. Women are f-in crazy and they only get worse.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I don't get that ****! My wife gets whatever she wants. She goes out to eat 3 nights a week with her girlfriends and buys God knows how many purses and shoes. I ordered a $35 4" Silicon coupler for my new ride and she calls me and gives me the 3rd degree. Like she found another womans panties in my car. Women are f-in crazy and they only get worse.
Oh whats funny is when we first met and started dating my GTO was stock with a catback! Never caught any flack during the whole buildup, but now that I put a ring on it I aint allowed ****.

And of course I get the, "You care more about that stupid car more than you do me", atleast once a week!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Gotta keep the finances separate. It'll be a cold day in hell before I take **** for buying ANYTHING as long as I'm covering my share of the bills.

As far as this thread goes, the only way I can see the 117 trap not being BS (wasn't it 120 originally? where did 117 come from?) is if the timers at the track were wrong. Last time my brother went to the track his 1/4 mile mph was accurate, but the 1/8 mph was way high. Clearly a problem with the timing equipment.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the reason why all the AIT students back home had nice rides, and senior enlisted have **** LOL.

If I were to join now (still thinking about it), I think I would go in as a E3. Debating on it hardcore still lol.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

Oh whats funny is when we first met and started dating my GTO was stock with a catback! Never caught any flack during the whole buildup, but now that I put a ring on it I aint allowed ****.

And of course I get the, "You care more about that stupid car more than you do me", atleast once a week!
Dude, I caught flack while in my last relationship about building my car. We are broken up (still friends....), and I STILL get ****. I texted her today saying I am finally getting some DR's, and she was like "omg....seriously?" Just wait till I build the bottom end, the 9", and put the 200 shot on it....
Old 10-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach

I've done that. Make fun of me, I dare you! I will find someone with a fast Mustang near you and send him to deal my business!

And my dyno sheet reads 456.8 and 409.8 but I say 457/410. It sounds better.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:33 PM

Dude, I caught flack while in my last relationship about building my car. We are broken up (still friends....), and I STILL get ****. I texted her today saying I am finally getting some DR's, and she was like "omg....seriously?" Just wait till I build the bottom end, the 9", and put the 200 shot on it....
That's why I don't talk to girls about cars. All they need to know about them is not to scratch mine.

I've done that. Make fun of me, I dare you! I will find someone with a fast Mustang near you and send him to deal my business!

And my dyno sheet reads 456.8 and 409.8 but I say 457/410. It sounds better.
Why stop there. I'd round up to 460...or maybe just 500 (5 always rounds up you know)
Old 10-01-2009, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
That's why I don't talk to girls about cars. All they need to know about them is not to scratch mine.
Noted for the future ex gf.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:23 PM

Noted for the future ex gf.

Quick Reply: Sore loser lost - worst excuse ever