Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Sore loser lost - worst excuse ever

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 01:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sore loser lost - worst excuse ever

I have a 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo and I raced a 2002 Trans Am W6 at atco raceway this summer. The first race I had a good launch but towards the end I back off the gas. I did this on purpose to let the TA ower build up his ego and talk all the smack he wanted. The next race I told him, okay this race I'm gonna go all out. He's standing there telling me how I'm gonna lose b/c I don't have a downpipe installed, boost controller installed, no tune and most importantly I didn't put on my Nitto tires. He said he never backed off the gas any one of his races.

Just when it was about to rain we raced down the drag strip and I whopped his ***. I remembered when I was making my pass I looked over. Oh man, I wished I had the look on his face on video. He had this biggest dumbfound look ever. After we got out of our cars it was as if I stole that smile right off this face. He was pissed and called me a douchebag. So I asked "why am I a douchebag". he replied "b/c i tell you everything i've done to my car and you don't tell me anything you did to yours". I replied "What before the race I let you look under my hood and trunk, what else you want to know"?.

Then he made up an excuse. "Oh, my A/C was on". okay what does your AC have to do with this race. I still whopped you.

Then he made up the worst excuse ever. "When we raced there was a big red truck in front of us so I backed off the gas". lamo excuse b/c I remembered making my pass and there was no big red truck in sight. Even if there was a big red truck I should've been the one slowing down since I was in the lead and going much faster then he was. My car was trapping at 120 MPH when he was only doing 109.

Come on, I think that is the worst excuse ever. How many times do you go drag racing and when you cross the 1/4 mile mark there was another car in your way? LOL.

At least come up with a better excuse like, oh, i missed 7th gear or oh, I forgot to fill up my NOS bottle.

What was the worst excuse you ever heard?
Old 09-29-2009, 01:32 AM
Staging Lane

Man sounds like u got a pretty killer supra there... One o the VERY few jap cars I like lol whats do u have done to it... What was ur et? That is a pretty lame excuse i guess... Now u guys raced at the track or on the street? Cant imagine a truck at the end of the strip just being there lol.. How about " I was on a full tank of gas" lol
Old 09-29-2009, 01:40 AM
Teching In

i'm stock except for an air intake and exhaust. i'm not sure what the et was. he lost b/c he has a manual transmission and didn't know how to drive that thing. he dumped close to $20k into his car but forgot to upgrade the transmission to a automatic.

LOL, I think I had a full tank of gas sounds alot better.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:44 AM
Staging Lane

Lol... Is your supra single or twin turbo? Were u running slicks that day?
Old 09-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Teching In

its twin turbo and i was running on street tires that day. (goodyear eagle f1's) the TA had nitto 555 DR. I also have the same ones but left it at home that day.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:56 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by suprapsu
i'm stock except for an air intake and exhaust. i'm not sure what the et was. he lost b/c he has a manual transmission and didn't know how to drive that thing. he dumped close to $20k into his car but forgot to upgrade the transmission to a automatic.

LOL, I think I had a full tank of gas sounds alot better.
and you beat a ta?? i have a supra too and i know when someone is calling bs.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:59 AM
TECH Resident

i have raced a 94 supra in a TA (cam only) i worked on with only about 1k bucks in mods, supra had a bigger turbo exhaust ect ect and well it wasnt much of a race...
Old 09-29-2009, 02:02 AM
Staging Lane

Yea that's what I'm thinking... U said he dumped about 25k in his car?? And u ONLY have intake and exhaust and beat him... Cmon man... What's in there?? Lol ..don't TT supras make about 330 hp maybe a little less??
Old 09-29-2009, 02:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yea stock tt supras go high 12s low 13s dont they? if he had any work done to the car he should have beat you pretty good. you sure he didnt miss a gear? if so you still get the win but if not something isnt right.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:05 AM
Staging Lane

I agree
Old 09-29-2009, 02:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by itsslow98
yea stock tt supras go high 12s low 13s dont they? if he had any work done to the car he should have beat you pretty good. you sure he didnt miss a gear? if so you still get the win but if not something isnt right.
yeah low 12's and 800 hp haha
Old 09-29-2009, 02:33 AM
Restricted User

I'm gonna have to agree with the rest of these guys.. a bolt on supra trapping 120 but an f-body with 20k dumped into it is only trapping 108? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigghht.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:08 AM
12 Second Club

funny a supra owner comes to ls1tech to post a thread about killing a t/a.
anyone else notice that is his first post granted join date is 2005?
mark4 supras are quick but not that quick.its funny tho,i raced a mark3 supra the other night and after beeting him bad his excuse was he wasint boosting.
lol damn supra owners making them selves look bad again.just wait i bet in 2 weeks the camaro owner is gonna ask if he wants to run for some cash and hand him his ***.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i mean im not questioning that you beat him im just questioning the circumstances, ive been in a stock supra and it pulls decently from a roll but it is a downright pig from a stop or low low roll. wouldnt happen to be any video for this race would there?

lol at 12s at 800hp. couldnt be more right, nothing like running constant 12.50s at 145mph with 2.3 60's( but as long as its making 1000+rwhp its still legit)
Old 09-29-2009, 05:50 AM
On The Tree

I played with one of them 800hp supras on the street once. It had a full cage and slicks and I just wanted to see it go so we did a full short pulls 20 to 80mph ish. I would pull a few lengths on him everytime. It was disappointing. about a month later I see him racing up at MIR. He broke it twice on the line and the other two runs he made were both 150+mph yea couldn’t get better then a 12.1
Old 09-29-2009, 07:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

So intake and exhaust on a Supra makes them trap 120 mph?? Man I bought the wrong car!!!!!!!!!!one!111111!!!1ELEVEN
Old 09-29-2009, 08:22 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

No mercy. This should get pretty good.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Teching In

Yeah pretty much. I can scan a copy of the time slip. We were racing for ET. If I'm correct he dumped close to $18k in his t/a I remember he did engine work, exhaust and suspension upgrades for close to $10k then the follower summer or 2 summers later he did more engine work and got a 12 bolt rear end b/c he said his car has too much power for the 10 bolt rear end. I'm not exactly sure what kind of engine work but I think he got cams, upgrade some kind of springs so that it revs higher, port/polish and a tune. He got it dynoed and pushed close to 398 HP to the wheels.

Yeah you would imagine with close to $18k of mods he'd be running low 11's. but no. Well, believe it or not before he upgrade his tires he was running 13's. I told him to get Nitto DRs and after he did he ran high 12's. He was so happy that day until I whopped his ***.

You guys here know T/A's more then I do. with 398HP and high 12's. It has to be the driver. My Supra is putting out way less HP to the wheels (320HP) and it's running much faster on street tires.

I'm not talking bad about T/A's. They are great cars WITH the RIGHT DRIVER.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:04 AM
TECH Regular

You decide to post this story out of the blue for no reason?
Sorry, I asked my buddy how an exhaust/intake Supra without any sort of tune or increase in boost would do and he said the car would be lucky to turn mid 12's.
You claim in the first race you were able to get off the gas at the end and let him pass you. What, was this guy running 14's with 15k in the car and 555rs? I suppose it's possible, but it's not worth mentioning.

You can't blame anyone for thinking your story was complete BS, unless they were some supra nutswingers.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Teching In

Well then I guess I got lucky that time. BTW, I was wrong he was trapping 112 all night and I trapped 117.

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
You decide to post this story out of the blue for no reason?
Sorry, I asked my buddy how an exhaust/intake Supra without any sort of tune or increase in boost would do and he said the car would be lucky to turn mid 12's.
You claim in the first race you were able to get off the gas at the end and let him pass you. What, was this guy running 14's with 15k in the car and 555rs? I suppose it's possible, but it's not worth mentioning.

You can't blame anyone for thinking your story was complete BS, unless they were some supra nutswingers.

Quick Reply: Sore loser lost - worst excuse ever