Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

NEW CAMARO! Lets hear what you got.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i beat the pants off one at a 70 drop on the road a month or so ago with my mild bolt ons and no tune on the car. wasnt to impressed with them. then he wanted to do it again after he caught up to me (5miles later)
Old 11-07-2009, 10:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by squale iii
You mean on Forza 3? lol.
What the hell are you talking about?
Tate
Old 11-07-2009, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 2v-in-12's
Record setting maybe, don't know. It was in the 40's and the track was hooking up nicely. I just think the conditions were perfect. I know that the one that ran 13.10@112 was bone stock, he is a friend of mine. He is easily in the 12's though, no traction in 1st and really barking 2nd and 3rd.
I'm serious man.. I've only heard of a couple 110mph traps and they were bad ETs (lot of spinning going on off the line but otherwise ok passes) and only 1 posted a slip. If that car is in fact stock it's 2mph faster than any other 2010 SS that's posted anywhere. Seems a bit odd unless the DA was -2000 or something?
Old 11-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Teching In

I'm going to call him tomorrow and see if he kept a slip. If he did, I'll post it. If he did not, we will be there friday night again, I'll get a slip and some video for you guys.

I am not trying to argue. I really don't know much about these cars, just what I see.

Da was between -650 to -615

Last edited by 2v-in-12's; 11-07-2009 at 10:59 PM. Reason: add info
Old 11-08-2009, 12:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 2v-in-12's
I'm going to call him tomorrow and see if he kept a slip. If he did, I'll post it. If he did not, we will be there friday night again, I'll get a slip and some video for you guys.

I am not trying to argue. I really don't know much about these cars, just what I see.

Da was between -650 to -615
It's impressive..don't get me wrong here... I've been following the records all year and haven't seen anything close. That's why I'm skeptical.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

well ran into 2 5th gens today and well both were kinda funny stories, first one i ran into was a v6 yellow and he did a little ricer fly by in traffic, ripped past me then jammed the brakes. so i tapped the gas a little and let off around 4.5k rpms and coasted by him and i thought his wife was gonna fall out the car. she couldnt get the window up fast enough covering her ears. i had my mom in the car and she was laughing about it and antagonizing me a little bit about how quick she thinks the new camaro is, he didnt wanna play. he acted like he did but didnt, he jotted through traffic i pursued till the opening, he moved over i pulled up along him and then he didnt do anything but pace me. so i called it and went on about my business. 2nd was on the way home about 4 hrs later, was a black SS with orange stripes, looked like magnaflow exhaust and sounded pretty healthy, all tinted out. i was excited and moms had the camera ready to go, she was my wing man for the day well anyway, she paced me for a good 30 seconds, then b4 my mom could turn on the camera she rolls down here window and gives me a thumbs up and rolls back and changed to the slow lane... my mom said she wishes she just caught my reaction, the driver couldnt have been any younger than 60, grandma had it goin on man!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DarkJuggalo
well ran into 2 5th gens today and well both were kinda funny stories, first one i ran into was a v6 yellow and he did a little ricer fly by in traffic, ripped past me then jammed the brakes. so i tapped the gas a little and let off around 4.5k rpms and coasted by him and i thought his wife was gonna fall out the car. she couldnt get the window up fast enough covering her ears. i had my mom in the car and she was laughing about it and antagonizing me a little bit about how quick she thinks the new camaro is, he didnt wanna play. he acted like he did but didnt, he jotted through traffic i pursued till the opening, he moved over i pulled up along him and then he didnt do anything but pace me. so i called it and went on about my business. 2nd was on the way home about 4 hrs later, was a black SS with orange stripes, looked like magnaflow exhaust and sounded pretty healthy, all tinted out. i was excited and moms had the camera ready to go, she was my wing man for the day well anyway, she paced me for a good 30 seconds, then b4 my mom could turn on the camera she rolls down here window and gives me a thumbs up and rolls back and changed to the slow lane... my mom said she wishes she just caught my reaction, the driver couldnt have been any younger than 60, grandma had it goin on man!
haha seems to be everyone's luck... But the grandma thing is a curve ball
Old 11-16-2009, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

it sounds like to me a lot of people on here are having a hard time admitting that the 5th gens are the faster car, may not be by much but they are stock for stock mod/mod. then theres the modded up 4th gen racing a stock 5th which doesnt make sense to me of course if you have enough done to it you'll have the upper hand. wait a couple years until a lot more people start modding them then see where you stand. and if im wrong then im wrong, but frankly i dont think i am