Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ISF vs TransAm

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you must be lucky to find a is-f that dyno'd nearly 400whp, managed to race you and you beat him twice.... then you luck must have continued because he managed to say things which look good posted in your post.

it seems to convenient that some might even say it could be made up.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:01 AM
Launching!

Back in spring of this year before I sold my car I stumbled across a blue IS-F. Guy said he had 460hp when we were at the light. I put a good car and a half on him... Definatly faster than what I thought it was going to be.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
you must be lucky to find a is-f that dyno'd nearly 400whp, managed to race you and you beat him twice.... then you luck must have continued because he managed to say things which look good posted in your post.

it seems to convenient that some might even say it could be made up.
Not really. Like his claim that he got his cams reground: I don't beleive that is even possible with a overhead cam engine: making the base circle smaller should wreak havoc with the valve lash so why would I claim he said that? And it was 3 days ago I ran him... but think whatever you like jackass.

Last edited by Sticks n Stones; 11-29-2009 at 01:12 AM. Reason: "so why would I claim he said that?" forgot that part
Old 11-29-2009, 01:07 AM
Staging Lane

.... and another thing since you now pissed me off: if you are thinking its rare to run into them, think again: I see them every single week on my commute, along with Audi S-4's, M3 and M5 Beemers, every damned Benz in existence, all kinds of porsches and vettes, the occasional viper, RS4, C6 Z06, Ford GT, Ferrari, etc. I drive right through the commute of all the Microsoft, Amazon, Google, and dozens of other big name high tech companies stomping grounds on my way to work at Boeing, which itself has some engineers and management with lots of nice high dollar rides.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Give me a ******* break fellas!!! Step off the japanese circle jerk rug and get back to reality. I just happened to race another one wednesday night on my way home. raced him once from 35mph (second worst spot to race from with a A4 GTO: 3,000rpms in second and wont downshift): guy stayed riight with me to about 60mph where I finally hit my powerband and slowly pulled away. Stunned, I race him again from 60-120mph and put 2-3 cars on him. Ended up following him to my town and talking to him at a gas station: he had cams (reground stockers), ported heads, a intake and headers that were NOT a "joe-Z". Forgot what he said, but it was a japanese tuner shop according to him.

Anyways, he said he put down 398rwhp and ran 12.9 @ 112mph the week before last with a DA "in the negative 1000' range" on ET Streets. He laughed his *** off over your guys's comments about how they are a 12 second car stock. Not a single one in the Washington and Oregon area has hit 12's even with slicks and intakes/exhaust.

Oh yeah, he said when he was stock he was dead even with stock 6spd LS1 camaro's: the IS-F's launch better but the LS1 has a bit better pull up top. "mid 13's all day long, thing didn't heat soak at all compared to other cars I've had".
Just because you raced one IS-F that you happened to beat, does not mean all are 13 second cars....sorry but as you can see on average they hit 12's quite easily.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

.... and another thing since you now pissed me off: if you are thinking its rare to run into them, think again: I see them every single week on my commute, along with Audi S-4's, M3 and M5 Beemers, every damned Benz in existence, all kinds of porsches and vettes, the occasional viper, RS4, C6 Z06, Ford GT, Ferrari, etc. I drive right through the commute of all the Microsoft, Amazon, Google, and dozens of other big name high tech companies stomping grounds on my way to work at Boeing, which itself has some engineers and management with lots of nice high dollar rides.
because i pissed you off? you say that like i'm supposed to care?

for those who are looking for actual info in this thread.
is-f running 12's ( sounds rather stock to me but who knows, might have the muffler delete.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFRKE...eature=related

bone stock is-f running mid 12's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwfpYUYPC40

same guy on dr's running 12.3's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAl2kSlsAP8

a kid takes his dads is-f out to a track in iceland and on his first run hits a 12 his first time running at a 1/4 mile track. http://my.is/forums/f136/f-1-4-mile-365411/

but i'm gonna assume that this is all flukes and unpossible. wouldnt want to **** you off since once you hit your power band you manage to rape everything on the road and that becomes instant gospel.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:42 AM
Teching In

probably not stock,they run a 13.5 @ the track which is not too impressive for 420hp.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:09 AM
TECH Resident

I would imagine they are pretty damn quick stock. Even though most of the people on this forum think LS1 is Jesus, there are a **** ton of cars out now that give a bolt-on LS1 tons of trouble.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They are mid to high 12 sec car stock here's some:

12.540*# 117.200 8.196 90.240 2.015 Lexus IS-F 2008 Steve
12.506*# 115.290 8.171 89.510 1.964 Lexus IS-F 2008 Cole
12.466# 113.790 8.104 89.040 1.911 Lexus IS-F 2008 ToothDoc

the lowest mph i can find is 110 i have no idea where you found the 107 trap.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mid 12s with 1.9 short times and you guys try to say they don't have top end!?!

Looks like to me the mid-range is fallacious and it pulls its weight up top too. 1.9 short times are ****. And running mid 12s with that short time you would absolutely be having to trap 111+mph..

They should take out most bolt on only full weight fbodys, roll or dig.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is one rolling out pretty hard on an STI, I would guess this STI is not stock either. By the way, it would take a full bolt on ls1 to walk an STI that hard. And it hung pretty damn well out of the hole also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swUN-EH3x0g
Old 11-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

I love how some people are still claiming that they don't run mid 12's stock after videos and timeslips have been posted. There's a guy that lives in my town that likes to race his bone stock ISF. I'll post the video of him racing a 400 wheel horsepower C5 Z06 if I can find it.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Didn't mean to cause a pissing match here, but I do appreciate all the input and vids. Bottom line is, if you beat one of these ISFs with a stockish LS1, you should savor it. Next time I will powershift as I am convinced that's the only edge he had on me. BTW, I have never ran my car down the track but I would think it's a high 12 sec. car...at sea level or better of course.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Yeah, I was polite saying it was a 114mph car because I did see a matchup in the road and track vs the new M3 and another Benz I dont remember. Bottom line is the car was in the 12 and trapping higher than other car. Sorry but this car is really fast and plp that denies it are just ignorant of the fact. Some plp dont give a **** about mags, but it cant be around 114 in the mags and 108 in real life...If so, the track is off or the driver.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Launching!

wow..some great information here...I never even new what a is-f was till now..Great performance but a pretty bland ugly car..Id much prefer a used E55AMG
Old 11-29-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Killemall
wow..some great information here...I never even new what a is-f was till now..Great performance but a pretty bland ugly car..Id much prefer a used E55AMG
Yeah, very informative to say the least. Car styling is subjective and the ISF does little for me too. The funny thing is, ricer kids are nuts about this thing...but the only ones who can afford it would probably agree with you and go German.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
Yeah, very informative to say the least. Car styling is subjective and the ISF does little for me too. The funny thing is, ricer kids are nuts about this thing...but the only ones who can afford it would probably agree with you and go German.
I'd like them a lot better if they were in the mid 30s price range. But with a $50k price tag, I'd rather pick up a used C6Z06.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Teching In

Ended up following him to my town and talking to him at a gas station: he had cams (reground stockers), ported heads, a intake and headers that were NOT a "joe-Z". Forgot what he said, but it was a japanese tuner shop according to him.

Anyways, he said he put down 398rwhp and ran 12.9 @ 112mph the week before last with a DA "in the negative 1000' range" on ET Streets.

Oh yeah, he said when he was stock he was dead even with stock 6spd LS1 camaro's: the IS-F's launch better but the LS1 has a bit better pull up top. "mid 13's all day long, thing didn't heat soak at all compared to other cars I've had".
Do you see a lexus in my sig? I don't have any kind of Circle J for Jap cars.

BS on the mods for the F you encountered. The ECM on those things has an encryption algorithm that is more complex that BMWs. Its not been cracked yet.
All those mods won't do squat without tuning. So either hes FOS or hes FOS.

He laughed his *** off over your guys's comments about how they are a 12 second car stock. Not a single one in the Washington and Oregon area has hit 12's even with slicks and intakes/exhaust.
From a SLOW A* mag test no less. ..

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...14383502c7.pdf

Even if the mods were possible, that dyno number sucks. 380s have been recorded with just the boltons I mentioned.

If there were headers available for the F they would be mentioned here
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-199/
Old 11-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 89rs400&335
BS on the mods for the F you encountered. The ECM on those things has an encryption algorithm that is more complex that BMWs. Its not been cracked yet.
All those mods won't do squat without tuning. So either hes FOS or hes FOS.
Would explain why he only ran 12.9 then: computer was probably spewing trouble codes the whole time.

If there were headers available for the F they would be mentioned here
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-199/
His exact words where "?Suji Moto? full exhaust, you know headers and all" though I never had him pop his hood. He was just in town for a car show, but considering it was a small local thing I might run into him again and will get photo's and find out the truth. I hate being lied to then having it end up burning me later on when I try to tell it exactly like it was told to me.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

OP nice run! Solid!

Originally Posted by richardvieiracoelho
probably not stock,they run a 13.5 @ the track which is not too impressive for 420hp.
Apparently you're not the only confusing an IS350 for an IS-F....

Quick Reply: ISF vs TransAm