Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'03 SVT Cobra vs '09 LS3 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
Thats a nice upgrade. So the t56 do have removable TOB retainers? The sleeve that slides over the input shaft? if so, that is the problem, and would def solve it. What were the perks to running the lethal perf over stock?
The LethalPerformance sleeve is made of forged steel and there hasn't been a record of one failing as of yet.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/03-...sleeve-p-12997

The factory one is known to wear/crack if the TOB starts going bad.

I already have the Lethal sleeve on my car, and I didn't notice the noise issues until after installing it. It could be a completely non-related problem causing the noise, but not 100% sure.

The T56 does have removable retainer sleeves. Pop the old one out and pound the new one in.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Killemall
wow...some posted that the ls3 vettes are trapping 115-118 stock..Is this for real? Cause that is sriously fast for a stocker...
My car is capable of 113/114mph trap speeds and bolt-on LS2s, C5Zs and close to stock LS3s all put about 2 CLs on me from a roll. But hey, I've got 4 doors! Woo hoo!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1>*
The LethalPerformance sleeve is made of forged steel and there hasn't been a record of one failing as of yet.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/03-...sleeve-p-12997

The factory one is known to wear/crack if the TOB starts going bad.

I already have the Lethal sleeve on my car, and I didn't notice the noise issues until after installing it. It could be a completely non-related problem causing the noise, but not 100% sure.

The T56 does have removable retainer sleeves. Pop the old one out and pound the new one in.
Shoot, must be nice, haha, I spent buku money on getting mine fixed. Either way since you dont have a cover over the trans cable, put the car on stands or a lift, have the engine running and have a buddy play with engagement, thats what I did. Or if no one else is available, just see if the TOB is wobbling on the retainer. Thats how I figured out what it was, and thats the easiest way to adjust it for perfect, noiselss operation, at least in my limited experience. Everyone else just told me to live with it...

Quick Reply: '03 SVT Cobra vs '09 LS3 Corvette