Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 SVT Cobra vs '09 LS3 Corvette

Cobra - 451whp/471wtq
Corvette - Stock LS3

50 roll: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4...d30114c99b.htm

Spun at first and then had some issues with the 2-3 shift. Had to back out due to traffic.

60 roll: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a...d301161b2a.htm

C6 wanted 60 roll. Too high for my 2nd, and a bit low for my 3rd. Went with 3rd. Took a second or two for me to get in my powerband.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

The outcome kind of surprised me really. I was expecting dead even or maybe the edge to the LS3

Nice runs
Old 12-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
The outcome kind of surprised me really. I was expecting dead even or maybe the edge to the LS3

Nice runs
Thanks.

For what it's worth, I should trap between 118-120 up here in the land of low DA's. From what I've read, most stock LS3 C6's trap 115-118.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:50 PM
TECH Regular

nice kill
Old 12-04-2009, 06:24 PM
11 Second Club

Ah the reason I say that is because one of my racing friends has an 08 A6 vette with just gutted cats and a tune by himself and it goes 11.6-11.7 I believe at 118-119. Thats with our terrible DA also. Typically around 3000ft, I believe that was the end of the year on a cool night so it was probably closer to 1500-2000.

Strong car you have
Old 12-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

Ah the reason I say that is because one of my racing friends has an 08 A6 vette with just gutted cats and a tune by himself and it goes 11.6-11.7 I believe at 118-119. Thats with our terrible DA also. Typically around 3000ft, I believe that was the end of the year on a cool night so it was probably closer to 1500-2000.
Gutted cats and a tune should pick up some good upper rpm performance, especially if he deleted the cat over-temp. Either way, that's an impressive pass for a tune/gutted cats only LS3. The trap speed is right where it should be. Is his a 2.56 or 2.73?

Strong car you have
Thanks
Old 12-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

Very nice but your shifting is a bit slow. No disrespect intended.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

They are the 2.56s I believe. I remember him telling me it had the worst gear ratio option.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
None taken. I can blame the car for most of that. I replaced the TOB a few months back and then after that I started having adjustment issues with the clutch cable.

Turned out I had a stretched clutch cable.

Replaced with OEM cable a couple months back. I've had a helluva time getting it situated properly. Makes me miss the hydraulic setup I had in my SS.

Anyway, during the 50 roll the 2-3 shift was a royal pain in the ***. It didn't grind, but really didn't want to go into 3rd.

After that run, we pulled off, got some gas, and I bumped the adjuster out a couple clicks.

Shifted much better on the 60 roll, but I didn't push it too hard just in case I went to find 4th and it wasn't there.

I believe I have all the kinks worked out, but who knows.

Either way, I don't plan to powershift, so I'll never be crazy quick on the shifts.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Staging Lane

They are the 2.56s I believe. I remember him telling me it had the worst gear ratio option.
Then that's even more of a testament to what they're capable of with some small tweaks.

I think the base A6 cars had the option for either 2.56 or 2.73. The Z51 A6's automatically got the 2.73.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
He's been bitchin about that shifter cable for months now: It's a friggin CABLE!, how hard can it be to adjust!?! Damned rednecks gotta learn to work on there Ford's BEFORE they hit the sauce.

His Termi is no joke: one of the 'cars to beat' up here for the fastest daily beater title. Yes, there is tons of faster cars up here, but not many that are true DD's like his that makes his power on pump gas and without laughing gas. Temps are in the low 20's, ice everywhere, and he's out tooling around trying to find dry spots to set up this weekends races. lol
Originally Posted by LS1>*
Then that's even more of a testament to what they're capable of with some small tweaks.

I think the base A6 cars had the option for either 2.56 or 2.73. The Z51 A6's automatically got the 2.73.
Could be wrong, but I thought the new vettes all purposefully had numerically low differential gears on purpose because GM realized it's more efficient to have the transmissions gears steeper than it was to have the diff gears steeper. Look at the final drive ratio's and you will see what I mean. - and no, I'm not looking them up for you guys.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Could be wrong, but I thought the new vettes all purposefully had numerically low differential gears on purpose because GM realized it's more efficient to have the transmissions gears steeper than it was to have the diff gears steeper. Look at the final drive ratio's and you will see what I mean. - and no, I'm not looking them up for you guys.
Yes thats what i was told as well. I cant seem to find the numbers right now though lol
Old 12-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

He's been bitchin about that shifter cable for months now: It's a friggin CABLE!, how hard can it be to adjust!?! Damned rednecks gotta learn to work on there Ford's BEFORE they hit the sauce.

His Termi is no joke: one of the 'cars to beat' up here for the fastest daily beater title. Yes, there is tons of faster cars up here, but not many that are true DD's like his that makes his power on pump gas and without laughing gas. Temps are in the low 20's, ice everywhere, and he's out tooling around trying to find dry spots to set up this weekends races. lol

I miss my hydraulic clutch. This cable **** is a royal pain in the ***. I guess my main issue is I don't like little rattles and noises. In order to have the clutch adjusted where it needs to be, I'm going to get rattle/chirp from the TOB/clutch fork.

Racing is done until the temps pick back up a bit me thinks. We're looking at overnight temps in the mid 20's the rest of this week.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LS1,,,, err Redneckflyby: You ever have that rattle problem before? I'm thinkin you left a spring off or have something slightly out of whack. Wish you lived closer, we could throw it up on my brothers lift and figure it out once and for all. Then we could run and I could show you what a GTO's headlights look like. lol
Old 12-05-2009, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Racing is done until the temps pick back up a bit me thinks. We're looking at overnight temps in the mid 20's the rest of this week.

This is when the EVOs and STis get real eager for dig or low roll races so be careful haha
Old 12-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

LS1,,,, err Redneckflyby: You ever have that rattle problem before? I'm thinkin you left a spring off or have something slightly out of whack. Wish you lived closer, we could throw it up on my brothers lift and figure it out once and for all. Then we could run and I could show you what a GTO's headlights look like. lol
I've read of people having to shim something in the clutch/flywheel area, but I don't know if that's my issue. The clutch was installed by the previous owner, but he used a very reputable shop down in the Vancouver area.

It's the Clutch fork and throw out bearing making the noise. As soon as the clutch pedal is pressed, it goes away. If I tighten the cable down enough to put tension on it and make it stop, the car shifts like ****. If I loosen the cable up enough to allow it to shift properly, I get some noise. I installed a spring that is supposed to eliminate the freeplay in the clutch pedal. I'll be removing that since it doesn't seem to do anything.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
This is when the EVOs and STis get real eager for dig or low roll races so be careful haha
No doubt. We actually had 4 or 5 STi's out last night that were trying to get people to run. No go for me.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

You made me think I was crazy!
Did you post this in media as well?
I knew I posted a few times and couldn't find it in this thread and thought I was banned from tech!!!

hahahahahaa

<-------:screwy:

and again, bad *** cobra!
Old 12-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hugger1975

You made me think I was crazy!
Did you post this in media as well?
I knew I posted a few times and couldn't find it in this thread and thought I was banned from tech!!!

hahahahahaa

<-------:screwy:

and again, bad *** cobra!
Yeah, I posted it in Kills and Media.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah, I posted it in Kills and Media.
Yeah, you even thanked me for my comment and that was gone too!
I was like, they have even erased all memory of me!!!
aghhhhhh

<------needs more sleep

Quick Reply: '03 SVT Cobra vs '09 LS3 Corvette