mustang kill with my ls4

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 04:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2v-in-12's
no the "New Edge" was the name that referred to the 99-04 mustang GT's
The car ran 14.0-14.3 stock @99-101.
Most NewEdge owners I know have done it in 13.8-13.9. But of course those are more experienced drivers too. The average number most newbs get is 14.0-14.1

14.3 times would be laughed at.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by nikebaseballx00
sorry they are not as popular as ur pusstangs are.
You're simply an idiot. I feel dumber for having read this thread. I am not even claiming my GT is fast. It's not. Not compared to FAST cars. But it is faster than your car.

Last edited by Ke^in; 12-07-2009 at 04:37 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:45 AM
TECH Regular

BTW About these MonteCarlo cars

"The top Monte Carlo SS model gets the V-8, which is a 5.3-liter small-block that produces a brisk 303 horsepower; it utilizes a "displacement on demand" function that shuts down select cylinders when not needed to save fuel."

Ok. Not that I know about such a system. Nor would I try to. But I've always been told engine that are setup like that are often inferior to ones not. Again, not stating it as a fact here.

For the SS

"Quarter Mile time: 14.30 sec."

For the (99-04) GT

"Quarter Mile time: 14 sec."

And the 05+ GT is EVEN FASTER.

So why are you claiming these cars to be "easy wins" especially modded?

NEITHER of our cars are "fast" but the two Mustangs you are referring to are NOT "easy wins" for your Monte.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:38 AM
11 Second Club

Track times are 100% irrelevant in this thread because they depend greatly on the track itself and DA. Track times out of a magazine are completely worthless.

A stock LS1 runs high high 13s at the track I go to. Even slower at a track such as Bandimere. But somewhere like Atco, and high 12s are obtainable.

Regardless. Stock mustangs are slow, and stock LS4 front drives are typically slower. Slow is relative to the person. Hell, I think my car is slow, and it makes more per rear wheel than the stock GT is rated at the crank.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:37 AM
TECH Resident

if you could get traction with this car, i am dead honest that it may be capable of 12s, the problem is that you cant launch it anywhere near where it makes power

in a rwd, such as the mustang, you can launch much closer to where you are making good power... thus being said, a roll race throws all those factors out the door and it is just the cars raw power pulling
The S197s have a lot less traction problems and are faster then your car but they still dont see 12s. Also LS1 camaros weigh much less then your car, have 50 more hp and they struggle to break into 12s.

Now being dead honest whats your secret that you can beat all of these mustangs and could run 12s with traction?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
Track times are 100% irrelevant in this thread because they depend greatly on the track itself and DA. Track times out of a magazine are completely worthless.
I am not saying that the OP didn't win in the race he was referring to. I've seen people with Vipers not know how to drive.

I am talking about his saying that Mustangs were nothing compared to his car. When they actually have the advantage. For example

I am calling this below bullshit.

And honestly, idk what monte carlo ss's you guys are running but mustangs are always an easy kill, especially the 99-04 body styles. They can hang but still an easy win.
How is a car that has more power and is faster than his car an "easy win" ?

And then there is this gem
"and thats weird because the 99-04 mustangs FULLY bolted and tuned, but no gears... i seem to walk on them too"
I am not sure what he calls "FULLY bolted and tuned" but a fully bolted and tuned 99-04 Mustang would rape his car unless the driver was a complete retard. He claims his car has these mods "K&N Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust" Those two mods will not make his Monte SS even close to a full bolt on NewEdge GT, let a lone a 05+ S197 GT, which he also acts as if he has no problems taking, which is faster than the NewEdge Stang. He has either been racing a lot of V6 Mustangs and didn't know it, or he's "fibbing" I am betting the latter. You don't need to make up shiz on the internets to have friends. A full bolt-on NewEdge GT runs mid 13s in the 1/4. Your car isn't close to that.
Regardless. Stock mustangs are slow, and stock LS4 front drives are typically slower.
We basically agree here.
Slow is relative to the person. Hell, I think my car is slow, and it makes more per rear wheel than the stock GT is rated at the crank.
Slow compared to other faster cars. But fast as is, faster than most cars on the road.

I am not on here pretending my stock GT is fast. It's not. His MonteSS is just slower, but he is pretentiously acting as if it's not.

*shrug*

BTW I have no loyalty to Ford, or any other car company. I like cars from all brands. Before this I had a mopar.

Whenever I hear people car other cars names like "pusstangs" or "slopar" or "camarslow" I can only think they are high school kids that still don't understand it really doesn't matter.

Last edited by Ke^in; 12-07-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:49 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
The S197s have a lot less traction problems and are faster then your car but they still dont see 12s.
Not stock anyhow. The fastest I've seen a stock S197 go was 13.4 The fastest I've seen a stock NewEdge go was 13.7/13.8
Now being dead honest whats your secret that you can beat all of these mustangs and could run 12s with traction?
I'd love to hear this one too. I wanna also know how cars that are faster than his are "no problem" in races. That he beats them all the time.

Either he is confusing V6 mustangs (Which he CAN easily beat) with V8 Mustangs (which are faster than his car)

Especially since one of my best friends owns a MonteSS (stock) and every time we've raced be it from a stop or from a roll I beat him by at least 1 or more car length.

Was he an "easy win" no. It was close. But in the end, I am always 1 or 2 car lengths ahead of him.

His friend has a "mildly modded" 2006 SS. Looks almost just like my friends. My friend had me race him before telling me he was modded, and I still won. Wasn't an "easy kill" by no means. Any car that is within a .3 range as your car in the 1/4 isn't an EASY win. The SS has more HP, but it also weighs about 400-600 more lbs than the NewEdge. The 2005+ GT weighs a bit more than the NewEdge, but it has more HP than the MonteSS.

I'm a big monte carlo fan. It's the only car of it's size that I'd buy. Stock for stock, even slightly modded however, it's not faster than a 99+ year GT or better however.

Saying that, there are people that suck at driving. And since the 99 GT and your car is .3 difference in the quarter, a sucky mustang drive can be beaten with your car.

What I am saying is, if you take two equally talented racers in a race between a MonteSS and a 99-04 GT, the GT is going to win every time. Even in a roll race.

Forget the 05+ GT however. Even a sucky driver is going to have a hard time losing to your car. I've seen a bolt-on 08 GT hit the twelves.

Last edited by Ke^in; 12-07-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Launching!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-front...es-w-vids.html

Impala SS running 13.5 with minor bolt ons and a tune. 300lbs heavier then the MC SS.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...-you-guys.html

MC SS with same minor bolt ons vs 99-04 4.6L 2v with P&P intake, injectors, LTs, and mufflers.

Starting to get an idea what we can do guys?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Hmm.. not so sure about this one. If you did win, they guy driving the stang is a moron.

I'm in a freakin stock 02 GT and have no problems taking stock/bolton Monte Carlo SSs.
I think the 303 hp LS4 should pull harder than the 99-04 GT stock vs stock. The 99-04 GT might have the advantage off the line but after that it should be the LS4 pulling. I use to have a '02 GT myself. A LS4 with a good launch on a cool night has reached high 13's trapping 100+ stock and after 100 the 2V GT isn't pulling harder up top over the LS4. My GT was a dog on top end.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ke^in, a 06' MC SS is more powerful than a 99'-04' Mustang. 06' MC SS-303 hp - 99'-04' Mustang-260 hp. Hey nikebaseballXX00, we're still waiting for your response on how you can easily beat modded 05'-09' Mustangs. Like I said earlier, I'm not saying you didn't beat a 05'-09' Mustang, but car against car, the 05'-09' Mustang comes out on top.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

i know how to clear this up. VIDEO!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by IZRED
Ke^in, a 06' MC SS is more powerful than a 99'-04' Mustang.
Modded? Yes. Stock? No. Then engine makes more HP, but it's 400-600lbs heavier than a 99-04 GT. It's why the same site listed the Mustang 1/4 times at 14.0 seconds and the MonteCarlo 1/4 times at 14.3 seconds. The GT isn't A LOT faster, but it is faster.
06' MC SS-303 hp - 99'-04' Mustang-260 hp.
06 MC also 400-600lbs heavier... so it makes the Mustang have a slight advantage.

AGAIN it's not a HUGE difference. Just .3 of a second on the 1/4 in most cases.
Originally Posted by 02SLOMARO
i know how to clear this up. VIDEO!!!
Again, how would a video disprove anything I said? The OP was acting as if said Mustangs were no problem to beat. I pointed out, stock for stock they are very close. The Mustang having the advantage. How does that = "easy" He also made said comment about 05+ Mustangs. I hope there is no questions as to him being FOS there either.

Last edited by Ke^in; 12-07-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ChefChub
https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-front...es-w-vids.html

Impala SS running 13.5 with minor bolt ons and a tune. 300lbs heavier then the MC SS.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...-you-guys.html

MC SS with same minor bolt ons vs 99-04 4.6L 2v with P&P intake, injectors, LTs, and mufflers.

Starting to get an idea what we can do guys?
I said that the GT is faster stock for stock than the MonteCarlo SS. And it is.

I am not sure how your videos disprove what I said. But ok. Hell someone with great driving skills with an SS can beat someone with a NewEdge that is just "ok" My point is, no 99-09 Mustang GT is going to be an "easy win" with the OP.

BTW "4.6L 2v with P&P intake, injectors, LTs, and mufflers" This simply does not make sense. Whoever added boltons to that Mustang has no clue what he is doing. It almost sounds as if a GM guy owned it. Because those are typical mods most GM owners put on. Mustang owners however, usually do other mods first. Which makes me think the poster is FOS that claimed those mods were on the Mustang.

Why does he need upgraded injectors? Headers will do little for that car. The only real part in that list that will get him anything is the muffler (Maybe, if he also has a mid-pipe) and that intake. And that's about 3hp tops. I don't know anyone doing the mods listed before doing other mods that actually work. So basically that Stang may have had 6-10 more HP than normal.

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
I think the 303 hp LS4 should pull harder than the 99-04 GT stock vs stock.
It has more HP, but it's heavier, so it doesn't. Especially when we are talking about 5spd GTs. The automatics lose a bit more HP in the process of laying it to the ground, and aren't as fast. (It's close though)
The 99-04 GT might have the advantage off the line but after that it should be the LS4 pulling. I use to have a '02 GT myself. A LS4 with a good launch on a cool night has reached high 13's trapping 100+ stock and after 100 the 2V GT isn't pulling harder up top over the LS4. My GT was a dog on top end.
What type of race you talking about? I am referring to a 1/4 mile race. The GT runs the 1/4 in a faster time than the MonteSS. I've beaten them in roll races before, but I am not one to really brag about roll racing...

Last edited by Ke^in; 12-07-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:36 AM
10 Second Club

Most NewEdge owners I know have done it in 13.8-13.9. But of course those are more experienced drivers too. The average number most newbs get is 14.0-14.1

14.3 times would be laughed at.
Are those drivers running in negative DA? I'd have to say 14.01-14.3 are typical times for a 2-valve at sea level.

Head to head, stock for stock a 99-04 GT has the advantage from a dig with the LS4 having a edge from a roll.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
Are those drivers running in negative DA? I'd have to say 14.01-14.3 are typical times for a 2-valve at sea level.
And I agree with you for the most part. If you look at the post you quoted

"The average number most newbs get is 14.0-14.1"

Most experienced racers have dipped into the 13s consistently with them however. If anyone comes in with a 14.3, they are told they need more seat time in one.

Head to head, stock for stock a 99-04 GT has the advantage from a dig with the LS4 having a edge from a roll.
I guess it would depend on what mph you were racing to. The time I beat one from a roll we stopped at whoever hit 110 first. Anything over 110-120 mph and the LS4's weight disadvantage will take over. Agreed. But I've never really been too into going over that.

Roll racing never really did anything for me. It takes the skill out of the race for the most part. Especially if you are driving an automatic and just mashing the gas. That's just IMHO of course.

Either way, it certainly doesn't make any 99-05+ Mustang "easy" for a Monte Carlo SS to beat as the OP is trying to say.

I also don't know how many 1/4 mile races I've won only to have the loser say "If I had about 1/8 more track I would have taken you..."

Not sure why they say that.

Last edited by Ke^in; 12-07-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

BTW no slam on GM, or the Monte Carlo. I love the Monte SS. Like I said, a good friend of mine owns one, and we go cruising in it a lot. It's just obnoxious for someone to call cars that are actually faster than their own names like "pusstang" or whatever he called it. Not only that.. this is just an obnoxious statement

"and thats weird because the 99-04 mustangs FULLY bolted and tuned, but no gears... i seem to walk on them too"

There is no way he is walking fully bolt-on/Tuned 99-04 GTs with just the small amount of mods he has. Someone also needs to explain to him what "walked" means.

Like someone else said

"Basic Bolt on's ie....intake, tune, gears and exhaust, would put it in the 13.3-13.6 @ 106-108 range."

And his MonteSS isn't running low to mid 13s.

My GT isn't fast either nikebaseballx00. But you don't see me making up stories about me beating cars a lot faster than mine. There is no need to.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default I'm not on lunch yet, but I had to reply.....

I think people are getting confused because New edges (99-04) AND S197s (05+) are beign discussed...and stock vs. modded keep getting tossed around.
the stock mustang gears and weight are very close to the monte carlos

it will be hard to show you 3 that row low 13s bone stock because there are not many of these running around, sorry they are not as popular as ur pusstangs are... i could find a few GXPs that run high 13s, and the monte carlo is a few hundred pounds lighter

yes i am, considering that traction is the biggest issue with these cars

if you could get traction with this car, i am dead honest that it may be capable of 12s, the problem is that you cant launch it anywhere near where it makes power

in a rwd, such as the mustang, you can launch much closer to where you are making good power... thus being said, a roll race throws all those factors out the door and it is just the cars raw power pulling
Your sir are EXTREMELY IGNORANT. IF you were stock and the new edge were stock it would be close....Here is the basis of my response:

YOU HAVE TWO SMALL BOLT ONS...you CLAIM to 'kill' FULL BOLT on New Edges. A TRUE full bolt on new edge is ~275rwhp and is LIGHTER than your car by a FEW HUNDRED pounds. So, again: NO, no you dont' kill full bolt on New Edges. I'd take it further but I'm at work and Unit's about to close this ****.
Not the same. I've seen stock NewEdges running 13.8 all day long. Depends on the driver. But even by saying that, the S197 is faster than the NewEdge. And this guy acts like he takes them all day long.

No, no they aren't.

Stock Mustangs are probably hard to beat with HIS car.

You're simply an idiot. I feel dumber for having read this thread. I am not even claiming my GT is fast. It's not. Not compared to FAST cars. But it is faster than your car.

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
I think the 303 hp LS4 should pull harder than the 99-04 GT stock vs stock. The 99-04 GT might have the advantage off the line but after that it should be the LS4 pulling. I use to have a '02 GT myself. A LS4 with a good launch on a cool night has reached high 13's trapping 100+ stock and after 100 the 2V GT isn't pulling harder up top over the LS4. My GT was a dog on top end.
an LS4 beign 'on par' and a good race for a stock New edge - correct. but again, OP claims to beat up on full bolt on new edges all day. Ain't happenin'.

BTW - where ya been?

Originally Posted by IZRED
Ke^in, a 06' MC SS is more powerful than a 99'-04' Mustang. 06' MC SS-303 hp - 99'-04' Mustang-260 hp. Hey nikebaseballXX00, we're still waiting for your response on how you can easily beat modded 05'-09' Mustangs. Like I said earlier, I'm not saying you didn't beat a 05'-09' Mustang, but car against car, the 05'-09' Mustang comes out on top.
See above.

Modded? Yes. Stock? No. Then engine makes more HP, but it's 400-600lbs heavier than a 99-04 GT. It's why the same site listed the Mustang 1/4 times at 14.0 seconds and the MonteCarlo 1/4 times at 14.3 seconds. The GT isn't A LOT faster, but it is faster.

06 MC also 400-600lbs heavier... so it makes the Mustang have a slight advantage.

AGAIN it's not a HUGE difference. Just .3 of a second on the 1/4 in most cases.

Again, how would a video disprove anything I said? The OP was acting as if said Mustangs were no problem to beat. I pointed out, stock for stock they are very close. The Mustang having the advantage. How does that = "easy" He also made said comment about 05+ Mustangs. I hope there is no questions as to him being FOS there either.
BTW no slam on GM, or the Monte Carlo. I love the Monte SS. Like I said, a good friend of mine owns one, and we go cruising in it a lot. It's just obnoxious for someone to call cars that are actually faster than their own names like "pusstang" or whatever he called it. Not only that.. this is just an obnoxious statement

There is no way he is walking fully bolt-on/Tuned 99-04 GTs with just the small amount of mods he has. Someone also needs to explain to him what "walked" means.

Like someone else said

"Basic Bolt on's ie....intake, tune, gears and exhaust, would put it in the 13.3-13.6 @ 106-108 range."

And his MonteSS isn't running low to mid 13s.

My GT isn't fast either nikebaseballx00. But you don't see me making up stories about me beating cars a lot faster than mine. There is no need to.

I'll just end in Saying (as usual) I agree with Kevin.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Regular

Correct. Between a Stock Mustang 99-04 GT and a stock Monte Carlo SS it's a decent race right there. The GT having the slight advantage. A slightly moded Monte is in no way taking a full bolt on Mustang GT. With or without gears. And it's CERTAINLY not messing with a S197 (read 05+) GT. Which are running mid 13s stock.

There is no need to exaggerate, none.

And there is certainly no reason to call another car that is faster than yours names as to belittle it. That's pretentious.

I mean my GT is faster than a Monte, but you don't see me calling it a "Monte Carslow"

BTW since I am talking to another mustang guy. Doesn't these mods sound funny for a Mustang?

"4.6L 2v with P&P intake, injectors, LTs, and mufflers"

For one, the LTs wont make a big difference at all unless he is FI or has some major cam engine work. I don't know anyone buying LTs for their GTs unless those things are done. P&P intake certainly isn't enough.

For two, injectors? What does he need injectors for? The P&P Intake certainly wont add the amount of air that would benefit from injectors.

And as far as mufflers go, unless he also has a mid-pipe.. waste.

Again it sounds like a GM owner trying to lie about Mods the Mustang had to make his win look better. I've seen people on the Mustang side do this with Camaros. Naming mods that Mustang users usually do first instead of mods F-body users do.

It's usually a sign of the red BS flag.

Last edited by Ke^in; 12-07-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:29 PM
TECH Regular

I just want to add

Most seem to think that stock Mustang GTs are hard to beat, but i have only "lost" when we shut down while im reeling them back in. I feel if those races would have continued deep into 3rd gear, i would be ahead.
Most of the time when you think you "reeling them in" they are really just slowing down because they are far enough ahead of you that it would take another 1/4 to catch up. There are MANY times when I've "stop light" raced and had gotten such a lead on a car from the start, that I've let off the gas. A smart person will know he's been beat. Someone in denial will think they were "reeling" them in and about to beat them. This is where the "ricer flyby" usually comes in.

Don't be that person.

I don't go any faster than I have to on the street. If I am 3+ cars ahead, they aren't gonna catch up, and I am not going to go any faster because it would be a waste of gas.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thought comes to mind: Animalwarfest from LS1GTO now claims to own a Monte Carlo SS... please tell me I'm wrong...

Quick Reply: mustang kill with my ls4