Teching In

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
That car sounds like absolute ****.
like i said, not mine but still showing what the ls4 can do

heres one from a dig, explains my "reeling in" theory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asa6B...eature=channel
Old 12-07-2009 | 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

The 99GT did not have a tune, we both shut it down before it got embarrassing and a distraction.
The biggest problem with the LS4 is traction! With that being said I am in the middle of a N2O system install (what was i thinking) knowing I will never have great 60' times, but this is the car I have and I'm trying to take it as far as I can. My next step is to work on suspension so maybe someday I will have a "fast" car. By the way what in the heck is "fast'? The cars of today are lighting fast compared to the good old days.
Old 12-07-2009 | 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 707chance
The 99GT did not have a tune, we both shut it down before it got embarrassing and a distraction.
The biggest problem with the LS4 is traction! With that being said I am in the middle of a N2O system install (what was i thinking) knowing I will never have great 60' times, but this is the car I have and I'm trying to take it as far as I can. My next step is to work on suspension so maybe someday I will have a "fast" car. By the way what in the heck is "fast'? The cars of today are lighting fast compared to the good old days.
Until just starting it will cause death its not fast enough.
Old 12-07-2009 | 08:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by nikebaseballx00
the reason they run 14s or even high 13s is TRACTION... plain and simple, if you could throw some slicks on it, and just mash it, i swear 12s could be possible with perfect conditions... but you cant just mash it with slicks because you risk the chance of snapping axles, the fastest time i have seen with the same mods as me is a 13.1 on drag radials, unknown conditions
Old 12-07-2009 | 08:53 PM
On The Tree

like i said, not mine but still showing what the ls4 can do

heres one from a dig, explains my "reeling in" theory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asa6B...eature=channel
If the two cars in this video are both stock or equally modded I don't see what the fuss is about really. Looks like the 2-valve is quicker out of the hole with the LS4 having a slight advantage on the top end. Plus the LS4 will respond better to mods than the 2-valve, but the GT is a bit lighter and has a rwd layout of course. They both seem to average low 14's in the high 90's to low 100's. Looks like they match up very closely.
Old 12-07-2009 | 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Show me an LS4 that traps 100?
2006 LS4 Monte, Bone-Stock 14.00 @ 101

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pHfr...eature=related
Old 12-08-2009 | 04:21 AM
TECH Regular

Not sure where you are getting your numbers.

Originally Posted by ChefChub
99-04 GT- 3350 lbs 260 hp 302 lbft 3.55 final gear ratio
Try 3280 http://www.mustangspecs.com/years/02.shtml

06+ MC SS- 3475 lbs 303 hp 323 lbft 2.93 final gear ratio\
Try 3600 http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...upe/index.html
But the power band for the MC SS is a LOT better then the gt's.
Regardless, in the 1/4 mile the GT beats it by .3 of sec. For instance if the GT did the 1/4 in 14.0 seconds, the MC SS would do it in 14.3. Dig?
With tune intake and exhaust we are around 261-273 whp in the ls4 models.
And heavier. Still wouldn't be able to beat one.
Originally Posted by ponygt65
WOW...actually Kevin, I'll have to disagree. Before I say why, I have to say that I'm more of a 4V guy than a 2V, so my knowledge may be off.
And that is why you disagree. 4v simply has more airflow and a over all BETTER engine than the 2v. Mods that usually work in LS-1 engines seem to do well in the 4v, but not 2v
Old 12-08-2009 | 04:26 AM
TECH Regular

i honestly think 90% of you underestimate these LS4 cars
I've raced them. So no, no I am not.
the reason they run 14s or even high 13s is TRACTION...
Please show us a (proven) stock one that runs 13s.
plain and simple, if you could throw some slicks on it, and just mash it, i swear 12s could be possible with perfect conditions... but you cant just mash it with slicks because you risk the chance of snapping axles, the fastest time i have seen with the same mods as me is a 13.1 on drag radials, unknown conditions
Proof?
thank you all the ls4 owners who actually know what i am talking about, 30 roll and 70 roll are our sweet spots, that is the reason why i can jump all over the GTs easily
Again, YOU don't do anything to a GT EASILY. Exaggerations like this is what gets you made fun of. Cut it out.
and every time i race, i always suggest the 40 roll, and usually let of the gas and launch it from 35ish anyway to have more time in the powerband
Because launching takes skill. It's easier to just mash the gas and go. Especially in an automatic.
dig racing is a different story, the 05-08 GT will jump about a 1/2 car to a car and hold it for awhile, then i will start reeling in by 70ish ALL THE TIME
Bullshit.
like i said, the 99-04s are no problem... simpily because i am an auto, all i do is drop it to first, 30-35mph, honk 3 times and mash it... perfect race everytime
Bullshit.
i have pretty much defended my point as far as i can... anything else is unexplainable, i am always ahead by about 2 cars or so when i start hitting the powerband in 2nd and then i shut it down

btw, a no problem race for me is winning by a car... whe u can see them next to you is when i feel it is a close race

no hard feelings to anything said or anything you all have said, just sharing my kills
You didn't spend a lot of time on this cake. And while it does look pretty, it has no filling.
Old 12-08-2009 | 04:27 AM
TECH Regular

Look, no one said that a modded one couldn't take a GT. Your videos don't prove anyone here wrong as I stated before.

www.rif.org
Old 12-08-2009 | 04:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Demon 383
If the two cars in this video are both stock or equally modded I don't see what the fuss is about really. Looks like the 2-valve is quicker out of the hole with the LS4 having a slight advantage on the top end. Plus the LS4 will respond better to mods than the 2-valve, but the GT is a bit lighter and has a rwd layout of course. They both seem to average low 14's in the high 90's to low 100's. Looks like they match up very closely.
They do match up closely. For example, the GT does 14sec in the 1/4 and the LS4 does 14.3. It could very well be a drivers race.

That's why I LAUGH at the OP when he claims such kills are easy. And that he WALKS these guys.

When you have a car that is equal or in this case, faster than his own, you can't claim to be "walking" cars like that and expect to get a pat on the back for exaggerating.

I wont even go into his claim of walking a full bolt-on GT.
Old 12-08-2009 | 04:41 AM
TECH Regular

Of course we have to take his word for it that it's bone stock. But I am not surprised that a car rated 14.3 in the quarter can hit 14.0s with the right driver. I've seen Mustang GTs that are rated for 14.0s hit 13.7s.

So while your stock Monte is doing 14s, that stock GT will be doing 13.7s Close, but the monte is still beat.

Last edited by Ke^in; 12-08-2009 at 04:46 AM.
Old 12-08-2009 | 04:45 AM
TECH Regular

BTW here is a 2004 GT getting a 13.9 in his first race ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHn8vUgkznU

He later said. "Yea. I went back the other night and got it down the 13.7 by just changing technique"

So yes, stock GTs can hit 13.7 - 13.9 in the 1/4

Something I've never seen a MonteSS do stock.
Old 12-08-2009 | 04:46 AM
TECH Resident

ke^in calm down lol It seems like you have been waiting and gathering material for years just for this argument
Old 12-08-2009 | 04:56 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
ke^in calm down lol
This is one of the things I hate about the internets. You can never see the look on the posters face, or his intentions. I assure you, I am not "un-calm" As a matter of fact, you could call my state decently zen. If you get my drift.
It seems like you have been waiting and gathering material for years just for this argument
Naw, not at all. I've worked for a graphics design firm for over a decade now. I can type really really fast That, and the internet is full of information at our fingertips.

I guess it's just that I fully admit my Mustang is slow. I am as honest as I can be on here. I would never say I could take say, LS1 or the newest GTO with my car. That would not only be pretentious, it would be obnoxious at the same time. While a NewEdge and a MonteCarlo are a better match, It's still obnoxious. Especially when poster after poster has told the kid he doesn't have a clue. :/ Especially with statement

"like i said, the 99-04s are no problem... simpily because i am an auto"

Now, he may have been racing a lot of auto NewEdge cars. Which ARE SLOWER than the 5spd. So I don't know.

That, and I am bored-poopless because I have all my work done.
Old 12-08-2009 | 05:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ke^in

I guess it's just that I fully admit my Mustang is slow. I am as honest as I can be on here. I would never say I could take say, LS1 or the newest GTO with my car.
That, and I am bored-poopless because I have all my work done.
Oh but you could take the 04 GTOs? wow that just shows... jk jk i kid

Yea it doest seem like you are a fanboi at all but you should let others maybe say their opinion instead of replying with pages of proof before anyone has a chance to reply haha but i agree with you, if you noticed my post a few pages back
Old 12-08-2009 | 06:04 AM
TECH Regular

Oh but you could take the 04 GTOs? wow that just shows... jk jk i kid
LAWL sorry, no, they can take me too. Having said that, I did take a 04 once. But the driver sucked. He told me he had an advantage cause of traction control. Of course I have TC too, but wouldn't turn it on during a race.
Yea it doest seem like you are a fanboi at all but you should let others maybe say their opinion instead of replying with pages of proof before anyone has a chance to reply haha but i agree with you, if you noticed my post a few pages back
So you are saying I should let people post bs before I post?
Old 12-08-2009 | 07:27 AM
TECH Regular

BTW

The Mustang GT will do 0-60 in 5.2 seconds the Carlo is doing 0-60 in 6.0. That's another reason the GT usually has lower 1/4 numbers and usually beats it on the track.

I've never been one for going REALLY FAST. What gets me is the seat of the pants feeling of the 0-60. While 5.2 is nothing to write home about, it's faster than 6.0.

The Z28s had a 5.0-.1 time, but it was the after 60 that it made up for.

Last edited by Ke^in; 12-08-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-08-2009 | 11:05 AM
Launching!

BTW

The Mustang GT will do 0-60 in 5.2 seconds the Carlo is doing 0-60 in 6.0. That's another reason the GT usually has lower 1/4 numbers and usually beats it on the track.

I've never been one for going REALLY FAST. What gets me is the seat of the pants feeling of the 0-60. While 5.2 is nothing to write home about, it's faster than 6.0.

The Z28s had a 5.0-.1 time, but it was the after 60 that it made up for.
First of all members have weighed there cars and are no were near 3600 lbs. Motor trend didn't even get a monte carlo ss to test secondly they were just est. everything. So next time don't go off estimates cause they are ALWAY wrong. For some one who says check your facts you don't do it at all. 0-60 was again an estimate. I estimate that the 04 gt did a 0-60 in 11 seconds. Is my estimate wrong? yes but guess what its an estimate so please don't use estimate as your hard evidence. Most of our cars stock have seen 0-60 in 5.5 to 5.6 but 1/4's at 14.0-14.1 the impala on the other hand have hit 14.3. And that was a test by motor trend who probably did one pass with it.
Old 12-08-2009 | 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ChefChub
First of all members have weighed there cars and are no were near 3600 lbs. Motor trend didn't even get a monte carlo ss to test secondly they were just est. everything. So next time don't go off estimates cause they are ALWAY wrong. For some one who says check your facts you don't do it at all. 0-60 was again an estimate. I estimate that the 04 gt did a 0-60 in 11 seconds. Is my estimate wrong? yes but guess what its an estimate so please don't use estimate as your hard evidence. Most of our cars stock have seen 0-60 in 5.5 to 5.6 but 1/4's at 14.0-14.1 the impala on the other hand have hit 14.3. And that was a test by motor trend who probably did one pass with it.
No contradicting statements there lol
Old 12-08-2009 | 11:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

And that proves what exactly? It's a vid of two cars racing. No mods list, no nothing.
ok... i have been busy all day and i come back to a blown up thread

i honestly think 90% of you underestimate these LS4 cars

the reason they run 14s or even high 13s is TRACTION... plain and simple, if you could throw some slicks on it, and just mash it, i swear 12s could be possible with perfect conditions... but you cant just mash it with slicks because you risk the chance of snapping axles, the fastest time i have seen with the same mods as me is a 13.1 on drag radials, unknown conditions

thank you all the ls4 owners who actually know what i am talking about, 30 roll and 70 roll are our sweet spots, that is the reason why i can jump all over the GTs easily

and every time i race, i always suggest the 40 roll, and usually let of the gas and launch it from 35ish anyway to have more time in the powerband

i will try to get some videos the more that i am out... i dont drive around with a camera looking for races, 99% of them just kinda pop up at random

dig racing is a different story, the 05-08 GT will jump about a 1/2 car to a car and hold it for awhile, then i will start reeling in by 70ish ALL THE TIME

like i said, the 99-04s are no problem... simpily because i am an auto, all i do is drop it to first, 30-35mph, honk 3 times and mash it... perfect race everytime

i have pretty much defended my point as far as i can... anything else is unexplainable, i am always ahead by about 2 cars or so when i start hitting the powerband in 2nd and then i shut it down

btw, a no problem race for me is winning by a car... whe u can see them next to you is when i feel it is a close race

no hard feelings to anything said or anything you all have said, just sharing my kills
Uh, no. YOu're just ignorant regarding MGTs 99-05+. That could be from running into ignorant owners, who knows?

No one's arguing that. The problem is the OP is claiming to walk away or easily beat MGTs that have more mods/power than he does. That's the problem.

IDK what that proves exactly.

I've raced them. So no, no I am not.
Please show us a (proven) stock one that runs 13s.

Proof?
Again, YOU don't do anything to a GT EASILY. Exaggerations like this is what gets you made fun of. Cut it out.

Because launching takes skill. It's easier to just mash the gas and go. Especially in an automatic.

Bullshit.

Bullshit.

You didn't spend a lot of time on this cake. And while it does look pretty, it has no filling.
+73000

(And BTW, yes I'm more familiar with 4V, but no stranger to 2V's. I have yet to see a 2V not have nice gains from LTs with a tune to compliment it. Again, without a tune, it gains jack ****).

They do match up closely. For example, the GT does 14sec in the 1/4 and the LS4 does 14.3. It could very well be a drivers race.

That's why I LAUGH at the OP when he claims such kills are easy. And that he WALKS these guys.

When you have a car that is equal or in this case, faster than his own, you can't claim to be "walking" cars like that and expect to get a pat on the back for exaggerating.

I wont even go into his claim of walking a full bolt-on GT.
+73000

No contradicting statements there lol
no ****.

Quick Reply: mustang kill with my ls4