Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

MY LT Trail Blazer takes down SRT8 Jeep

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
I think I am going to cut the stock muffler off tonight. I know that is holding some air flow back. The thing is a big ol turd.

I'll be in Tulsa with the HB tonight, for those who wanted to know. I'll be at Twin Peaks at 8. Rudy is having his Bday party there.
does rudy have his car running yet?
Old 12-11-2009, 05:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02SLOMARO
does rudy have his car running yet?
Rudy got car jacked and his **** was stolen. Poor bastard picked up a guy in BFE and dude put a gun to his head and drove off.

Now you can really hear the cam in the HB!LOL Sounds so much better. Gutted cats, no muffler, 5.3 with split fire plugs! Now I'm bad.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Launching!

Rudy got car jacked and his **** was stolen. Poor bastard picked up a guy in BFE and dude put a gun to his head and drove off.

Now you can really hear the cam in the HB!LOL Sounds so much better. Gutted cats, no muffler, 5.3 with split fire plugs! Now I'm bad.
That **** sucks to hear about Rudy and his T/A. Did they ever find it or what happened? I ended up getting that TBSS this weekend. Can't wait to hear the roar of your HB now lol.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1WICKDZ
That **** sucks to hear about Rudy and his T/A. Did they ever find it or what happened? I ended up getting that TBSS this weekend. Can't wait to hear the roar of your HB now lol.
No the car hasn't been found. He had so much money and time into it he is just sick. He will not come close to getting back what was lost. What color is your SS? Any mods?
Old 12-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Launching!

No the car hasn't been found. He had so much money and time into it he is just sick. He will not come close to getting back what was lost. What color is your SS? Any mods?
Yeah I remember how pumped he was when he purchased it. Was definitely a sick car. My condolences to it and him.

The SS is black on black with the stock 20s painted black, almost 51k miles on her. The cats and resonator have been removed, e-fans, UD pulley, K&N intake, and tuned with HP Tuners by Fast Motorsports (Brandon I think). It also has an FLT Stage 5 trans with Yank 3600 stall.

Last edited by 1WICKDZ; 12-14-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I remember how pumped he was when he purchased it. Was definitely a sick car. My condolences to it and him.

The SS is black on black with the stock 20s painted black, almost 51k miles on her. The cats and resonator have been removed, e-fans, UD pulley, K&N intake, and tuned with HP Tuners by Fast Motorsports (Jared I think). It also has an FLT Stage 5 trans with Yank 3600 stall.
Those mods sound odd without "Cam and LT's" being added to the list. Don't believe a tune is even needed with just a CAI and cats removed. Unless those are like the LS1 GTO's where you can delete Torque Management. On my LS2 GTO the trans has its own computer and you gotta spend $130 on a new 'race' computer. Well worth the money though.. guys claim 2-3 tenths in the 1/4 mile, and I don't doubt it one bit. Though it shifts pretty damned hard for street use when you are WOT! unnoticeable at part throttle though: factory smooth.
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/ind...mart&Itemid=54
Old 12-14-2009, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Those mods sound odd without "Cam and LT's" being added to the list. Don't believe a tune is even needed with just a CAI and cats removed. Unless those are like the LS1 GTO's where you can delete Torque Management. On my LS2 GTO the trans has its own computer and you gotta spend $130 on a new 'race' computer. Well worth the money though.. guys claim 2-3 tenths in the 1/4 mile, and I don't doubt it one bit. Though it shifts pretty damned hard for street use when you are WOT! unnoticeable at part throttle though: factory smooth.
The TBSS is severely hampered by TM so a tune will help cut it down and make you faster. Turning it all the way off can hurt or destroy a transmission and rear end from what I've read.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
How does that sound "odd"? Yes, the tune was focused on the trans. The rest was just bonus from the stock tune and small mods.

Last edited by 1WICKDZ; 12-14-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

How does that sound "odd"? Yes, the tune was focused on the trans. The rest was just bonus from the stock tune and small mods.
"odd" as in out of the norm, unusual, or not normally done. Taking a LS2 and going all out on the transmission but not even going with headers? Or a cam? Everyone does there own thing and the more power to ya: I'm just thinking there might have been a mod or two left out of the story is all.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Launching!

Just saying, if I were to start on a build, I would always start with trans/stall now as my first major mod that I have been through a few. Also, he blew the trans at 40,000 miles so he went with a built one from FLT to prevent it from happening again since that is the weak point on these vehicles. Fast Motorsports is very close to where he lived too and there are one of, if not the best, TBSS tuner out there.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:34 PM
TECH Regular

What you have to remamber is, the TB is a 4600 to 5000 pound rig. The 4L70E is just a bit stronger than a 4L60E, not much. The weight is the biggest issue on trannies.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

Having a hard time seeing how a 4,550lb truck with the same engine as a 3,770lb GTO can run times on par with the GTO with similiar mods? 4.10 gears in a straight axle setup obviously help, but that much?
Sorry bro, just runnin what i brung. Maybe if you stop by any one of the TBSS sites like TBSSowners, TrailblazerSS, etc. you can catch up on what these trucks run. On even DA days my stock SS (2WD remember) ran 13.7's but never ran close to a 14.0 even in 80f heat.. the AWD's are a couple tenths slower and it appears, as it does in this forum, there are many that run 14.5 and slower, driver? DA? backyard track? Mine are done at Atco & E-Town, along with numerous others so it is what it is. My photobucket albums have a ton of slips and vids of the truck (along with other cars/trucks) running it's the same as my screen name TonyGXP or TonyTBSS.

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
yea i second this question.

Also 12.7 for a bolt on Jeep? That seems really odd because my friends SRT8 ran a 12.9 (dead stock had about 230 miles on it at the time) and when he ran a full exhausted and tuned one on the street it was a world of a difference between the two, from as dig as well as every roll they ran the Exhausted and tuned one pulled immediatly and KEPT pulling
12.9 is .4 faster than the Stock SRT8's I have seen at atco, never saw one at E-Town, 13.3's were deon by a few in my presence, i have slips of my TBSS running a new Jeep I ran 13.6 he ran 13.4 and this guy has an 8 second RX7, 10 second Evo and a 10 second Typhoon.. Owns a stereo shop in North Jersey somewhere, I am sure somone on here knows him.

here's a vid of a Jeep (12.7 vs 12.5) with all the boltons vs my truck at atco.

Believe me I have no reason to BS about the mods on my truck. I know how to drive, run with a 1/4 tank 93octane, drop the spare and jack, stock tires to 20psi, DR's at 20psi, flash the converter and gone.

Quick Reply: MY LT Trail Blazer takes down SRT8 Jeep