Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Yea..... I Got Walked By A WRX

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 02:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I bet I would make you eat your words real fast.
im real happy for you... too bad your car cant do it...
Old 12-16-2009, 03:21 AM
Teching In

$500 on stopsign.

Wrx ftw!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
im real happy for you... too bad your car cant do it...
He would *** rape your car. Just saying.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I guess I'm crazy but my car is slow to me and its a modded LS6 in an F-Body. What people consider fast or weak is just based on their experiences, I've owned some pretty fast cars so I'm not a good judge of what you consider fast. If yours doesn't squeak and rattle then you are a lucky man.
thanks, i guess i must be pretty lucky considering most people have the rattle problem. and i see your point about how it could seem slow to some people. when i had my stock 95 lt1 i thought that thing was pretty damn fast, but once i upgraded to the ls1 the lt1 seemed pretty slow.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
thanks, i guess i must be pretty lucky considering most people have the rattle problem. and i see your point about how it could seem slow to some people. when i had my stock 95 lt1 i thought that thing was pretty damn fast, but once i upgraded to the ls1 the lt1 seemed pretty slow.
I wasn't trying to insult you. If it came across that way that wasn't my intent.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

yea it all depends on what you have been around or driven.... its like saying someone who owned a Civic & thought it was pretty quick stock then they upgrade to a stock LS1 Camaro and are amazed.. like when I first got my Camaro I thought it was pretty dam quick. now I think its slow as ***** & needs some MODS!!!

but anyway can we no lose focus please.... haha
Old 12-16-2009, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

He would *** rape your car. Just saying.
Just saying...
Old 12-16-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

If yours doesn't rattle or squeak its the first one I've ever seen and I've had 7 F-body's. They don't pull that hard stock, modded is different.
Good suspension (namley shocks) does wonders. I currently have no rattles or squeeks either, they all went away after installing some Koni SA's (and not to mention the dramatically improved handling, feel, balance and control along with the BMW-like ride quality).
Old 12-16-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
Just saying...
Don't see that happening cupcake.

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Good suspension (namley shocks) does wonders. I currently have no rattles or squeeks either, they all went away after installing some Koni SA's (and not to mention the dramatically improved handling, feel, balance and control along with the BMW-like ride quality).
Didn't help mine much with the sqeaks and rattles, or any of the others I have owned. I'll leave the BMW like ride quality alone, the handling is markedly improved though.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wasn't trying to insult you. If it came across that way that wasn't my intent.
its cool man, i did exagerate the ls1 a little bit.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

seeing stopsign's posts for a while, i've always been wondering what car he really has.
you can PM me if this is some confidential info+details lol
Old 12-17-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Didn't help mine much with the sqeaks and rattles, or any of the others I have owned. I'll leave the BMW like ride quality alone, the handling is markedly improved though.
So you had koni single adjustable's (new, not used possibly broken ones) on your previous cars? What other suspension mods (wheels included) did you have at the time?
Im talking koni SA's on otherwise stock suspension rode very similar to the typical german sports sedan. Firm, very solid, but not jarring and always connected and planted to the road.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
So you had koni single adjustable's (new, not used possibly broken ones) on your previous cars? What other suspension mods (wheels included) did you have at the time?
Im talking koni SA's on otherwise stock suspension rode very similar to the typical german sports sedan. Firm, very solid, but not jarring and always connected and planted to the road.
About the only suspension pieces I haven't tried yet is Madman and I will be using those for my project, since I want it to hook really well. I've also owned BMW's and I can assure you that at no time could my F-bodies be confused with a BMW. I am basing what I am saying on side by side comparison with cars I have owned. I've had 4 BMW's and 7 F-bodies. A set of Koni's isn't going to make a F-body ride and drive like a BMW. If you think it does then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it but you won't be convincing me its fact.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:52 AM
TECH Resident

stopsign this is random...you never really answered my question about being in the G-ville area a while ago???...