Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Yea..... I Got Walked By A WRX

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Yea..... I Got Walked By A WRX

Well we did a run before this race when he didn't have his car tuned for his new turbo set up. We went from a 30 mph roll & it was VERY close. I jumped on him instantly & then he started to pass me & slowly pulled away as we got to higher speeds. This run is the aftermath of getting his WRX tuned.

Camaros mods are Borla exhaust, SLP lid, Nitto 555R drag radial tires.

My friend is a little secretive about his mods on his WRX. but he has a MUCH bigger turbo, Cosworth racing block, forged pistons, tune, (use to have a VF39 turbo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMtodB62p5s
Old 12-11-2009, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Those little bastards can be pretty quick.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awd turbo man lol... Good death... I got beat by a turbo Honda lol **** happens
Old 12-11-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Those little bastards can be pretty quick.
yea the stock WRX are CRAP.... but with the mods he had thing is crazy fast.

Originally Posted by rcastillo002
Awd turbo man lol... Good death... I got beat by a turbo Honda lol **** happens
haha ahh I couldnt live with myself if that happen! what was done to it?
Old 12-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
yea the stock WRX are CRAP.... but with the mods he had thing is crazy fast.
Too bad it won't last.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You've gotta expect it to happen sooner or later with a mid-13 second car. Hell, I got walked from a roll by turbo Civic on the highway a couple weeks ago and I just ran an 11.4 at 121 the other day. I got him from a dig in a marked 1/4 but his car was much faster than mine on the highway. There are always faster cars out there from most manufacturers. You'll run into them sooner or later.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are all kinds of Honda's out there that destroy everyone in this thread. **** happens. I don't care for Honda's at all, but I wouldn't get my feelings hurt if I got beat.

My buddy had a turbo Civic that I would barely edge out with my current mods. Now he's got a 35r DSM that would straight up destroy me.

Got to show respect where it is due.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
You've gotta expect it to happen sooner or later with a mid-13 second car. Hell, I got walked from a roll by turbo Civic on the highway a couple weeks ago and I just ran an 11.4 at 121 the other day. I got him from a dig in a marked 1/4 but his car was much faster than mine on the highway. There are always faster cars out there from most manufacturers. You'll run into them sooner or later.

Originally Posted by Juicy J
There are all kinds of Honda's out there that destroy everyone in this thread. **** happens. I don't care for Honda's at all, but I wouldn't get my feelings hurt if I got beat.

My buddy had a turbo Civic that I would barely edge out with my current mods. Now he's got a 35r DSM that would straight up destroy me.

Got to show respect where it is due.
ah no I would show mad respect if a Honda beat any of us on here... If it was just all riced out I would feel like I just got beat by something from "fast & the furious." there is no doubt that there are some quick cars & Civics out there. you dont see to many 11 second Civics running around on the streets. def takes a lot more $$$ for them compared to us.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

you dont see to many 11 second Civics running around on the streets. def takes a lot more $$$ for them compared to us.
What? For under 8k (6k if you do your own labour) you can be aiming for 10s with a civic, hell with 10k you can straight up buy one thats already built to run 10s.

They are one of the, if not the, cheapest ways to go fast which is exactly why so many young people are into hondas. And also why they are so "hated" by people who own other cars.

Idk how you got to thinking that but whoever told you that was straight up lying to you
Old 12-12-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
What? For under 8k (6k if you do your own labour) you can be aiming for 10s with a civic, hell with 10k you can straight up buy one thats already built to run 10s.

They are one of the, if not the, cheapest ways to go fast which is exactly why so many young people are into hondas. And also why they are so "hated" by people who own other cars.

Idk how you got to thinking that but whoever told you that was straight up lying to you
this seems about right on, buddy just swapped a b18 or b16 into his civic dont remember the year and i think right now hes got 3-4k in it and the turbo kit is only like 1k or pretty close to that. it takes nothing to make a stupid fast roll race civic lol. i dread the day he gets it done and beats me but give respect where it is due...
Old 12-12-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jrob56
this seems about right on, buddy just swapped a b18 or b16 into his civic dont remember the year and i think right now hes got 3-4k in it and the turbo kit is only like 1k or pretty close to that. it takes nothing to make a stupid fast roll race civic lol. i dread the day he gets it done and beats me but give respect where it is due...
Thanks, i built a few civics before i got my goat, so i like to think that i still know a little something about them lol

But either b16 or b18 boosted like your buddy has will be a force to reckon with on the highway. To each there own
Old 12-12-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Word to your mother. Civics can be done for dirt cheap. They don't weigh anything, and parts are cheap.

The only thing about Hondas from what I have seen, is it takes a lot to make reliable HP. Anyone can go slap a turbo on a motor, and have it last for a couple of months, but eventually you are going to need a built motor, tranny, half shafts, etc, and that all adds up quickly.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

well pretty sure people dont like Honda Civics simply because of the image that comes with it. from "most stereotypical drivers"

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Word to your mother. Civics can be done for dirt cheap. They don't weigh anything, and parts are cheap.

The only thing about Hondas from what I have seen, is it takes a lot to make reliable HP. Anyone can go slap a turbo on a motor, and have it last for a couple of months, but eventually you are going to need a built motor, tranny, half shafts, etc, and that all adds up quickly.
this is what I meant by.... sorry. anyway lets not lose focus
Old 12-13-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

And you could aslo buy a 10 second fbody for around 10K as well, difference is though the Fbody will still have full interior, be streetable and actually last.

No, they are hated among car enthusiasts because of the vast amount of fanboys, idiots and rice crowd they generally gather. Most young people are into them because of **** like the fast and furious.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

stock for stock an ls1 ss should always beat a sti(from a roll at least). the biggest reason sti's run such good 1/4 mile times is because all wheel drive, so it would be hard to beat one from a dig. but ls1 cars are just crazy brutal on the top end. ive raced cars from 80 mph and before i knew it i was doing 135-140!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
but ls1 cars are just crazy brutal on the top end.
No they aren't
Old 12-16-2009, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a LS6 and its not crazy brutal, maybe I should of stuck with the LS1.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
No they aren't
well... considering that a bone stock ls1 will do 160mph in a straight way, i would have to agree with his post...
Old 12-16-2009, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
well... considering that a bone stock ls1 will do 160mph in a straight way, i would have to agree with his post...
I will say they will attain a pretty high top speed for a factory car but I wouldn't call it crazy brutal.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
Yea if that straight way is 8 miles long it will reach 160mph.