Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed by 2v and 3v!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 05:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read somewhere in here about a 3-4k spending budget on TFS heads and supporting components. For that money why not go FI? A used S-trim for example can be had for around $2000 complete these days and with the remaining $1-2000 dollars you can buy all of your supporting fuel/ignition mods + a couple xtra's and have the potential to make 400rwhp or more. Plus you can always upgrade later to something like a T-trim perhaps if you wanted to make more power. I owned and modded a '99 GT so I know from first hand experience how dissapointing they are with a N/A build. Even with these new TFS heads coming out still don't expect jaw dropping numbers, they probably won't even make too much more out of the box than a set of quality ported stockers. My suggestion would be after the usual bolt-ons to go with a centrifugal blower to get the big power first - then doing the remaining major mods like heads, cams, bottom-end ect to accommodate the blower setup. That way your getting more bang for your buck for the time being! Just my .2
Old 12-17-2009, 09:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

land of the last was not a very good movie
Old 12-17-2009, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by big hammer
land of the last was not a very good movie
was that the one with the dinosaurs in it? Oh no, that was the Land Before Time sorry.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:38 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chavez885
408 on an engine dyno, you've shown no proof and all i see is talk form you. I'll stop arguing now though, that thread proves my point.
Yes.. sure .. no proof at all. .
Old 12-18-2009, 04:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by big hammer
when reffering to potential, there are no heads in the world that will make a 2v compete head to head with an ls1.
But that isn't what was said. I never said with these heads, that the 2v is now equal with the LS1 in ability to make HP. I said with these heads, a 2v can keep up with a stock LS1 N/A. I was told it wasn't possible. It is. Big deal? Nope. That's why I am confused as to why people are questioning it.
for the amount of money you would have to invest to get a 2v into the 400hp area is a waste. might as well go f\i. even with 4v's. if you want real power out of a modular ford, f\i is the only way to go.
If you want REAL power out of ANY engine F/I is the way to go. There is no engine out there that can't be made to go EVEN FASTER with F/I. Having said that, there are people in the Mustang world that don't wanna go F/I.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:42 AM
TECH Regular

Agreed, I wasn't saying it CANT be done, GT defender is acting like its easy and can be done on stock shortblock.
It can be done with 2k, and a basic head swap. I don't think that's so hard. But that's just me.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
My suggestion would be after the usual bolt-ons to go with a centrifugal blower to get the big power first - then doing the remaining major mods like heads, cams, bottom-end ect to accommodate the blower setup. That way your getting more bang for your buck for the time being! Just my .2
And that is exactly what I said I was going to do. I would actually do that no matter what car I owned.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Demon 383
was that the one with the dinosaurs in it? Oh no, that was the Land Before Time sorry.
land of the last had dinosoaurs too. it's a will ferrell movie
Old 12-18-2009, 10:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
whats your point there are guys running single bottom 10's and single digits in ls1's with hci set up through an auto.

BTW here is my old cams only 2v

and this is what bottom 12's part list looks like (yea not talking out my *** I've ACTUALLY gone this route)
Vt stage 2 cams, Densecharger, C&L plenum, Accufab 75mm t/b, steeda pullies, mac lts, mac prochamber, bassani catback, Eibach drag launch kit, Tokico illuminas, hpm mega bite jr lca, steeda hardcore double adj uppers, Pa racing mild steel kmember with stock a arms and spring perches, mm c/c plates, Fidanza alum flywhee, frpp alum driveshaft, pro motion built t45, steeda triax, frpp 4.30 gears, detriot true track, moser 31 spline axles, arp 3.5" studs, no rear mach 460, no spare, no back seats, no quad shocks, small battery in trunk,

there is no possible way i would have gotten 100rwhp out of head and an intake lol, yea and vt stage 2 cams were not small cams
Just give up, he doesn't understand

Nice car btw, looks good on the skinnies
Old 12-18-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought Land of the Lost was pretty funny myself.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BirdIsTheWord
that 04 is a freak and has a good driver. ran 12.7s with minor bolt ons and worn et streets
My car stock, Tires, clutch,Motor (with hypertech) went 13.01@107 At Richmond VA
Old 12-18-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

Just give up, he doesn't understand
Other Fbody owners in this thread for some reason had no problems getting what I was saying, and agreeing to boot. *shrug* You can't make everyone happy.

Nothing I said was false.

His response was a response to someone that claimed with said heads, the 2v would be EQUAL IN EVERY WAY to a LS1 car. No one said that. I am not disagreeing with that post.

The only thing I said was, with a simple head swap, a 2v can KEEP UP WITH a stock LS1. And it can. That doesn't mean that you can't make a LS1 go faster N/A. It says nothing about how much you can get a N/A LS1 to a certain Hp at a certain price either. So I am not sure where those arguments came from.

I really have no clue why this conversation has gone on as far as it did. Really.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Other Fbody owners in this thread for some reason had no problems getting what I was saying, and agreeing to boot. *shrug* You can't make everyone happy.

Nothing I said was false.

His response was a response to someone that claimed with said heads, the 2v would be EQUAL IN EVERY WAY to a LS1 car. No one said that. I am not disagreeing with that post.

The only thing I said was, with a simple head swap, a 2v can KEEP UP WITH a stock LS1. And it can. That doesn't mean that you can't make a LS1 go faster N/A. It says nothing about how much you can get a N/A LS1 to a certain Hp at a certain price either. So I am not sure where those arguments came from.

I really have no clue why this conversation has gone on as far as it did. Really.
i got what you said too, its gone as far as it has because people like you dont understand your own claims i guess. first you said that you were told no 2 valve could keep up with a stock ls1, then ask about it, then you quote it.. well, quote what was acutally said, but is not what you claim it to be. the quote never said anything about a "stock" ls1. but thats what you keep claiming. if your thing is to go broke or have more money than brains to keep up with a stock car. then go ahead my friend. MOD on. lol and if your claim to making 400wrhp was so damn easy like you say it is. everyone would be doing it. but you still have nothing to back that up.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gold98Z28
i got what you said too, its gone as far as it has because people like you dont understand your own claims i guess.
What part don't I understand?
first you said that you were told no 2 valve could keep up with a stock ls1, then ask about it, then you quote it.. well, quote what was acutally said, but is not what you claim it to be.
I am not sure this makes a lot of sense here. Are you trying to say what I said was proof wasn't actually proof?
the quote never said anything about a "stock" ls1. but thats what you keep claiming.
No, but it talks about 1 GT making 330 at the wheels. Are you saying that said car couldn't keep up with a LS1? In another quote, I quoted a N/A 2v auto GT running mid 11s. I surely hope you aren't saying that that car couldn't keep up with a stock LS1. Unless there are stock Fbodies doing 11s I don't know about..
if your thing is to go broke or have more money than brains to keep up with a stock car.
Again, these mods were making power that would exceed one. And in the car world, 3k isn't a lot of money. No one ever said the 2v was a better way to go if you are looking to make BIG POWER. Or that you could do it cheaper. I don't know why these points keep getting brought up.
then go ahead my friend. MOD on. lol and if your claim to making 400wrhp was so damn easy like you say it is. everyone would be doing it. but you still have nothing to back that up.
Go to the moddedmustangs forums.

This guy's stats

2002 Mustang GT 4R70W
11.65@115.86 2V N/A

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...w02gtauto.html

He is running and testing these heads/cams out.

There is really no reason to be like this. It's silly.

Second time I actually posted this. :/
Old 12-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ke^in

This guy's stats

2002 Mustang GT 4R70W
11.65@115.86 2V N/A
That guy is driving his *** off.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RON 95ZR1
That guy is driving his *** off.
Yeah, look at the mods, cobra shortblock with 11.7CR and nowhere near 400rwhp. Like I said, not gonna happen.

2002 Zinc Yellow GT 355 HP/348 TQ N/A
TFS 44cc heads, VT STG II cams, Stock 01 Cobra short block, 11.7 CR, full exhaust and bolt ons on 93 Octane
Old 12-18-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, look at the mods, cobra shortblock with 11.7CR and nowhere near 400rwhp. Like I said, not gonna happen.
Look back and my posts. I did post one that was close to 400. Not that that was anything I said. Just that it could keep up with a stock LS1. I've actually shown one that can beat a lot of modded ones. Not that it's the norm. Once that thing is fully tuned it will see 400.

More linkage

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...121612&page=84

http://forums.corral.net/forums/show....php?t=1140167

http://mustangboards.com/modular-4-6...ds-tested.html

All you really have to do is do a search to find 300-400hp gotten from these. Well not JUST these.

For 2v N/A power, that's impressive. For LS1 power, I understand that's yawnable. And I am not trying to say otherwise.

Obviously LSx engines are great power makers.

This is pretty impressive though

gain of 34 HP over stock ported PI heads.

I wanna see what a set of these ported would do

Not a 4.6, but still a 2v

We have a 5.4 with TFS heads, edelbrock intake and custom cams making 406rwhp and 390ft lbs...thru an auto. Mid 300s is nothing.

Last edited by Ke^in; 12-18-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by attaway
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Would someone ban this guy? He is post whoring everywhere, and has nothing at all to contribute to the site except for more crap to sift through. Look at his recent posts.

Not that I have contributed anything to this thread either, but at least I use actual words and sentences.

EDIT: Look at this thread attaway posted in https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...mps-z71-2.html

Last edited by Juicy J; 12-18-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Would someone ban this guy? He is post whoring everywhere, and has nothing at all to contribute to the site except for more crap to sift through. Look at his recent posts.

Not that I have contributed anything to this thread either, but at least I use actual words and sentences.

EDIT: Look at this thread attaway posted in https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...mps-z71-2.html
Already PMed Vendett lol.

If I remember correctly, isn't there some post limit you need to reach to be able to post in the classifieds section? If that is/was still in place, I'm betting that's what the whoring is for.

Don't let him know posting in the lounge does nothing
Old 12-18-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

This thread has hit full retard IMO.

Look, regardless of 2V, 4V, LS, yadda yadda, if all anyone cared about was going quick, cheap and easy, they'd either A) have a foxbody or pinto with an FE/BBC, or B) hittin' up the hooker strip every night instead of having a steady GF.

My point? Not everyone is the same and enjoy the same things. Let it go.

Quick Reply: Killed by 2v and 3v!