Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 04:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People kill me calling nitrous NOSSSSSS. Ricer
Old 01-23-2010, 04:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha, mr. lemonnuts....first shut up! ive had pleanty of bikes...way more then most in fact. second yes its quite possable to beat a bike on the street with a stock ls1 with some tires from a dig. i have quite a few members on here that recall the event. light to light with a normal 600 no! any car with good tracton and decent power will have a good chance to get a bike with a average rider...as for the turbo busa...its my uncles and if you would like i could get most the pics of his bike....will he catch up and get me in a quater, yup...sure but on the street by the end of third hes just passing at around 110-115. we still joke about it he, cant admit my car took his bike lol...Now i never said anything rude about you bucko i said i hate it when people put others down for a bigger **** war. let the man tell his story, if hes B.S.in then whatever it aint hurtin you...
Old 01-23-2010, 04:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

btw i just read you smelled nitrous??? that was funny dunno if nitrous evin has a smell???
Old 01-23-2010, 05:20 AM
Launching!

It does have an additive in it so people don't use it to get f*cked up... When it is being sprayed the only way it would smell is if the car is running too rich or lean, which has nothing at all to do with the nitrous, it would be a fuel issue.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

yup the mix it one one millionths to ont sulfer dioxide...so no...don not breath your just wasting $$$ lol
Old 01-23-2010, 06:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ttranssam
haha, mr. lemonnuts....first shut up! ive had pleanty of bikes...way more then most in fact. second yes its quite possable to beat a bike on the street with a stock ls1 with some tires from a dig. i have quite a few members on here that recall the event. light to light with a normal 600 no! any car with good tracton and decent power will have a good chance to get a bike with a average rider...as for the turbo busa...its my uncles and if you would like i could get most the pics of his bike....will he catch up and get me in a quater, yup...sure but on the street by the end of third hes just passing at around 110-115. we still joke about it he, cant admit my car took his bike lol...Now i never said anything rude about you bucko i said i hate it when people put others down for a bigger **** war. let the man tell his story, if hes B.S.in then whatever it aint hurtin you...
You still beat the driver, not the bike. Lemons is right.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:53 AM
11 Second Club

ttransam, stop while you're behind.

My sig, is ONCE AGAIN correct. You SRK noobs are too easy to predict.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn. Seeing all these threads with bikes running high hp cars makes me want to ditch anything having to do with modding my car and straight up buy a bike.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

OP, your car has an LT1?
Old 01-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
OP, your car has an LT1?
yeah...

seems like theyre frowned upon.. makes me wanna get an LSx
Old 01-24-2010, 02:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lemons12
Not trying to start an argument.. But now do you see why everyone says that it is "BS" that you beat a bike?

You may very well have been in front of the bike.. Whether he was racing or no is irrelevant. Fact is, you beat the rider, which happens a LOT. You have a solid 13 second car on motor and high 12s on spray. Not anything near enough to pull any 600 bike in good running condition rode average or above average. It would be absolutely embarrassing. As in people wouldn't be able to tell you were racing.
So i beat the rider then... i can live with that because the matter of the fact is my car was in front and he didnt have a chance to beat me to the one lane merge like he desperately wanted... I never said my car was faster than any bike... ive ridden on a 600 CBR and Yr6... they are nothing special, I declined riding a YR1000 because I didnt wanna kill myself and there is no way id beat a 1000

that statement is comparing a 600 to a 1000... 600's are cute starter bikes though
Old 01-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Launching!

Years ago when I first started getting into cars we took my buddies full bolt on camaro with tires and wanted to race a bone stock 600RR w/ a 215 lb rider....
Nothing around town at the time (our age) could keep up with us.. We figured we had a shot..

He gave us the hit from a 20 roll.. My god, it was like my friend threw it in reverse and kicked it. It literally looked like we hit a brick wall and the bike was sling shot away from us.
We let off at about 45 because it was just stupid, there was absolutely no point in racing.. My buddy on the bike said he let off around 60.. He had a GOOD 13-15 car lengths on us and said he started in 2nd gear instead of 1st to be nice. Yes, he was a good rider.. We raced our bikes together all the time.. Race a good rider and see what happens.
I respect what youre saying and im not at all saying your logic isnt true because it is... but im saying its not like there is a programmer that you can put on a bike to ride itself and drive perfect every time with no rider on it... its not my fault the guy cant ride or is scared, is it? so indeed it was a win in a way...

its like racing someone and losing and saying oh you beat me because I had an inch and reached down to scratch it... its an excuse, he cant ride oh well, he should start learning
Old 01-24-2010, 02:19 AM
Launching!

ok so you cant smell nitrous... I thought some setups were different.. eh oh well I learned something new, im sure the dude sprayed on me seemed like atleast 150 shot or 200 the way he pulled
Old 01-24-2010, 02:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ke^in
You still beat the driver, not the bike. Lemons is right.
Damn, never thought I'd see the day!

Originally Posted by SixShooterCam
So i beat the rider then... i can live with that because the matter of the fact is my car was in front and he didnt have a chance to beat me to the one lane merge like he desperately wanted... I never said my car was faster than any bike... ive ridden on a 600 CBR and Yr6... they are nothing special, I declined riding a YR1000 because I didnt wanna kill myself and there is no way id beat a 1000

that statement is comparing a 600 to a 1000... 600's are cute starter bikes though
Yes, like I have said.. Congrats, but it doesn't mean much to people that know whats going on. It will most definitely impress people that know little or nothing about cars/bikes/racing.
You won, it is all that matters.. I was just trying to show you that there is a HUGE difference in beating a bike and a rider. 95% of the time a car is beating the rider which is STILL A WIN... BUT! you shouldn't go around saying "my car is faster than an 06 600RR, etc etc etc..

Cute starter bikes... Yea, 10s@125+mph off the showroom floor is "cute".

It is VERY obvious that you are VERY VERY ignorant when it comes to bikes. Not necessarily a bad thing, but when you call a 600 a "cute started bike", it just makes you sound stupid.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:23 AM
Launching!

Yes, like I have said.. Congrats, but it doesn't mean much to people that know whats going on. It will most definitely impress people that know little or nothing about cars/bikes/racing.
You won, it is all that matters.. I was just trying to show you that there is a HUGE difference in beating a bike and a rider. 95% of the time a car is beating the rider which is STILL A WIN... BUT! you shouldn't go around saying "my car is faster than an 06 600RR, etc etc etc..

Cute starter bikes... Yea, 10s@125+mph off the showroom floor is "cute".

It is VERY obvious that you are VERY VERY ignorant when it comes to bikes. Not necessarily a bad thing, but when you call a 600 a "cute started bike", it just makes you sound stupid.
its true though most people buy a cbr600 or R6 for their first bike unless they go even lower but they will be bored with it... then when theyre more experienced they go up from there

id buy one if i was worried about gas prices but other than that a bike isnt for me... ill admit i dont know much about em, just stories ive heard
Old 01-24-2010, 03:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its true though most people buy a cbr600 or R6 for their first bike unless they go even lower but they will be bored with it... then when theyre more experienced they go up from there

id buy one if i was worried about gas prices but other than that a bike isnt for me... ill admit i dont know much about em, just stories ive heard
If you get bored with a 600, you don't know how to ride it.

A 600 is more bike than 99% of street rides can handle.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
My sig, is ONCE AGAIN correct. You SRK noobs are too easy to predict.
lemons said what is in your sig, and I think he was being a smart-***. I wouldn't take it too seriously

Last edited by Ke^in; 01-24-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:29 AM
TECH Regular

I agreed with you in that other thread where that asshat was going on about OWNING the forum and calling everyone **** too. Just because you're in denial about what 2vs do, doesn't mean I am going to hate on you when you are right
Old 01-24-2010, 05:35 AM
Launching!

I cant wait til the 383 build is done...
Old 01-24-2010, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This was like a week ago...

I pulled up to a red light and right next to me a red camaro SS with red wheels pulls up... I was like ok whatever so the light turns green and we didnt go right away until we were half way in the intersection. We both punched it and we were fender to fender and all of a sudden he pulled like I was in reverse lol my friends girlfriend who was in the car with me asked me what that smell was... I said to her "NOS" so he sprayed on me and beat me... that thing would have beaten me anyway after we hit like 75+ but either way it was a kill... good kill at that because it was my first loss and im glad it was to my younger brother lol

im not sure who it was or if he is on this site but just wanted to give you a thumbs up.
you smelled nitrous? your nitrous bottle must be leaking. try putting some polytetrafluoroethylene (oh ****.. i almost called it TeflonŽ and risked being called a ricer by referring to it by the Dupont product name) paste on your fittings.

he could have been stalled. with my converter, it sounds like i'm getting on the throttle since it takes a little more to get it moving from a stop. then from a slow roll like 10mph as you say, if i nail the throttle, you'd think i was on the bottle.