Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I raced a 98+ Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I raced a 98+ Camaro SS

This was like a week ago...

I pulled up to a red light and right next to me a red camaro SS with red wheels pulls up... I was like ok whatever so the light turns green and we didnt go right away until we were half way in the intersection. We both punched it and we were fender to fender and all of a sudden he pulled like I was in reverse lol my friends girlfriend who was in the car with me asked me what that smell was... I said to her "NOS" so he sprayed on me and beat me... that thing would have beaten me anyway after we hit like 75+ but either way it was a kill... good kill at that because it was my first loss and im glad it was to my younger brother lol

im not sure who it was or if he is on this site but just wanted to give you a thumbs up.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

what your mods
Old 01-22-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can smell nitrous???
Old 01-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Launching!

I remember when my friend had nitrous hooked up in his maxima and it smelled just like it when he used it...

My mods are Moroso CAI, Ebay shorties, free flow cats, Dynamax bullit muffler dumped, B&M shift kit, Tune, wet 50 Shot nitrous outlet kit
Old 01-23-2010, 12:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Uhmm, no you dont smell nitrous.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:22 AM
TECH Resident

I must agree. If they mix race gas/pump gas you can smell race gas. Unless he is rolling down the road purging you wont smell it.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What was your friends girlfriend doing in your car?
Old 01-23-2010, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I smell nitrous.... oh wait its bullshit. You can't smell it unless its automotive nitrous oxide and its coming from the bottle, and that is because of the additive to prevent recreational use not because of the nitrous oxide.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:37 AM
Launching!

I smelled something and it took me back like 2 years ago when my buddy had a maxima and it smelled and it wasnt a light smell... it could have been race fuel but i only figured he jumped on me and wasnt normal... we were fender to fender I would say from like 10-65ish and then he jumped as if i was nothing... we were both at WOT that I know for sure, unless his 3rd gear is nasty but i dont think so... wish he was on here so i can ask because now im curious
Old 01-23-2010, 01:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wicked383lt1
What was your friends girlfriend doing in your car?

No im kidding... she loves camaros so she rode with me, and my other friend rode with my buddy in his Golf GTI
Old 01-23-2010, 02:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hahahah ^
Old 01-23-2010, 02:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Were you spraying?
Old 01-23-2010, 02:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lemons12
Were you spraying?
nope, empty bottle unfortunately... he still would have beat me the thing pulled real hard...
Old 01-23-2010, 03:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SixShooterCam
nope, empty bottle unfortunately... he still would have beat me the thing pulled real hard...
Not trying to start an argument.. But now do you see why everyone says that it is "BS" that you beat a bike?

You may very well have been in front of the bike.. Whether he was racing or no is irrelevant. Fact is, you beat the rider, which happens a LOT. You have a solid 13 second car on motor and high 12s on spray. Not anything near enough to pull any 600 bike in good running condition rode average or above average. It would be absolutely embarrassing. As in people wouldn't be able to tell you were racing.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^i hate it when ppl say **** like that...dude dont kill his thread yet. I dont know why ppl say our cars cant beat bikes, yes they can and yes they do! if you run into a bike on the road most of the BIKES will beat you. But ive raced ppl on 600's and dusted there ***'s with bolt ons and tires...Ive been beaten with my 550 hp on nitrous with a 600cc bike. ive raced a turbo busa and took him so badly he wouldn stop to talk afterwards.
NOT ALL PEOPLE CAN MAKE BIKES GO AS FAST AS THEY CAN!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ttranssam
^^^i hate it when ppl say **** like that...dude dont kill his thread yet. I dont know why ppl say our cars cant beat bikes, yes they can and yes they do! if you run into a bike on the road most of the BIKES will beat you. But ive raced ppl on 600's and dusted there ***'s with bolt ons and tires...Ive been beaten with my 550 hp on nitrous with a 600cc bike. ive raced a turbo busa and took him so badly he wouldn stop to talk afterwards.
No ****, you think genius?
You said the same thing I said, it was just structured much worse.

I never once said cars can't beat bikes. I said his car can not beat a (anywhere near) properly rode bike. I have owned bikes (600 and liter bike) and raced MANY cars with them (won and lost some) and have raced MANY bikes with both of my H/C car (again, won and lost some). I know what it takes to beat a bike and his car is NO where near what it takes. In a straight line I rode both of my bikes to their full potential, or very close.

As for you dusting 600s with bolt ons and tires.. You totally contradicted yourself. You did not beat the bike, you beat the rider. Period.
As for the turbo Busa....... My god, are you delusional? You wouldn't even be able to keep up with a stock Busa with a measly 550Rwhp car. You would be absolutely annihilated. That would put you in the low 130-mid 130 trap speed.. Stock busas trap mid-high 130s with average rider..
You are 100% right. That is exactly what I was trying to explain to the OP. But yet you contradict yourself saying you beat a turbo Busa so bad in your 550Rwhp car he wouldn't stop to talk. Hell, the Busa could have stayed in 5th gear the entire race and still beat you. You beat the rider, not the bike. Congrats, but it means nothing.

Last edited by lemons12; 01-23-2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ttranssam
Here is a forged 347 76MM TA putting down way more than 550Rwhp racing a pretty much stock Busa... Not much of a challenge for the Busa.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu6sOnhZvig
Old 01-23-2010, 04:11 AM
11 Second Club

Your 550rwhp car would have a hard time with a stock 600 and a good rider on the street. A boltons car and tires? LAWLERCOPTER.

Game over. You fail at life. Crawl in your mother and try again.

OP, you can't smell nitrous when the car is spraying. Good race anyways.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lemons12
Here is a forged 347 76MM TA putting down way more than 550Rwhp racing a pretty much stock Busa... Not much of a challenge for the Busa.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu6sOnhZvig
That was a great car till the jackass wrecked it... low miles too!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
Your 550rwhp car would have a hard time with a stock 600 and a good rider on the street. A boltons car and tires? LAWLERCOPTER.

Game over. You fail at life. Crawl in your mother and try again.

OP, you can't smell nitrous when the car is spraying. Good race anyways.
Years ago when I first started getting into cars we took my buddies full bolt on camaro with tires and wanted to race a bone stock 600RR w/ a 215 lb rider....
Nothing around town at the time (our age) could keep up with us.. We figured we had a shot..

He gave us the hit from a 20 roll.. My god, it was like my friend threw it in reverse and kicked it. It literally looked like we hit a brick wall and the bike was sling shot away from us.
We let off at about 45 because it was just stupid, there was absolutely no point in racing.. My buddy on the bike said he let off around 60.. He had a GOOD 13-15 car lengths on us and said he started in 2nd gear instead of 1st to be nice. Yes, he was a good rider.. We raced our bikes together all the time.. Race a good rider and see what happens.