Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another race to tell you about...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Where is the damn popcorn...again.
I have been munching for the pas 3 weeks or so.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 13lu91rS
And I know as much about mustangs than you do about ls/lt series.
Coool story bro!
Um, so you took my burn and turned it on me? Not really all that funny when you take the same **** I said and turn it on me. Much to learn you have.
Originally Posted by lambaro2806
Alright, seeing as the main focus of your retarded argument is on my name choice... I guess i will settle that first. The name Lambaro has absolutely nothing to do with a lamborghini. My last name is Lambert, and people started calling my car the lambaro a while back. Having a general clue what you are talking about might help you next time. And honestly, what maturity level are you at that you take stabs at peoples usernames, grow up a bit.

I have no interest in your theoretical situations, i was simply telling kevin what the addition of a catback did for my setup, which had already included CAI and handheld tune before the catback was installed.

You created your own pointless stake in the conversation and followed it with an even more ignorant and retarded post. Thank you.
Um...ok....I must say, I'm glad to see you replied unlike that other tard..so here it goes.

1) I didn't realize you just graduated from high school to where you felt it 'cool' to have that as your sign on. Cool beans. That explains a lot btw.

2) That's what you're not understanding. If you had even the slightest knowledge of catbacks, tunes, and dyno's you'd understand just how stupid it sounds to a) make that statement to begin with and b) continue to defend that statement. Let me help you out a tad.........THAT 10 or 11RWHP that you THINK your car gained from 'only' (yes, it was ONLY that catback because you did not have it retuned; the tune you are referring to was prior to that mod; and that CAI has NOTHING to do with it. Do you even realize the difference in A/M catbacks and stock?

3) Again, what you are not understanding is you are the ignorant one making retarded posts. Ask anyone that knows about tuning if you can really get double digits with nothing but a catback.....again, keep in mind that that tune has nothing to do with it, because you did NOT have it retuned. Do you understand what a tune does and what all it entales?

in closing: ask any of the SRK regulars if this is really soemthing you want to 'discuss' with me about. Hell PM them and save yourself the embarrasment. Better yet...........so you know there's no biasm, PM the mod of this section jayplay and ask him. and make it a two parter "is 10rwhp realistic on a catback only mod?"
Originally Posted by lemons12
I have been munching for the pas 3 weeks or so.
Glad I could oblige you and Mani.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ponygt65
3) Again, what you are not understanding is you are the ignorant one making retarded posts. Ask anyone that knows about tuning if you can really get double digits with nothing but a catback.....again, keep in mind that that tune has nothing to do with it, because you did NOT have it retuned. Do you understand what a tune does and what all it entales?
First thing first: Wholly hell has this thread ever blow up!! Just gotta laugh and shake my head in pure admiration of the stubborness shown by all parties.

Totally off topic but: my moms 5.7L IROC picked up 35rwhp from just a catback. measured same day/conditions and about 1 1/2 hour apart (all stock versus stock with catback). Of course it doesnt pertain to the conversation but just thought I would throw it in there. lol

This is the kind of post and thread that makes me glad the Kill Section posts dont count towards post count totals...
Old 01-30-2010, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Old 01-30-2010, 01:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
First thing first: Wholly hell has this thread ever blow up!! Just gotta laugh and shake my head in pure admiration of the stubborness shown by all parties.

Totally off topic but: my moms 5.7L IROC picked up 35rwhp from just a catback. measured same day/conditions and about 1 1/2 hour apart (all stock versus stock with catback). Of course it doesnt pertain to the conversation but just thought I would throw it in there. lol

This is the kind of post and thread that makes me glad the Kill Section posts dont count towards post count totals...
Bullshit. No tune...no nothing? I have a very hard time believing that. In fact, If it was just the catback and no tuning and the same tuner (assuming same dyno perimeters) I'd you set the record for most gains ever recorded for a simple increase in piping size from a catback.

Congrats.

A dang FI'd car hardly picks up that much.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:54 AM
TECH Regular

Bullshit. No tune...no nothing? I have a very hard time believing that. In fact, If it was just the catback and no tuning and the same tuner (assuming same dyno perimeters) I'd you set the record for most gains ever recorded for a simple increase in piping size from a catback.

Congrats.

we have come to the conclusion that you have a hard time believing in anything that makes power with a gm.

did you ppl have picked up 15 wheel by just changing coils to the truck coils.. OMG no wayy!?

did you know that ls1's actually respond to mods... OMG.

did you know that 2v's are slow. OMG. no ******* way doood.

go put an ls motor in that mustang of yours and i bet it would go alot faster.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02ws666
jesus christ. ive been reading these threads for a while now. Ke^in, why dont you stop flaming people. untill you drive a car that can get outa the 13s, who can you talk **** to? all you do is say, well this car did this, and that car did this. i have seem more threads close because of you in the past month then i have since i joined. no one gives a **** what a 2v runs, because, well, they are a freaking 2v. and this is LS1 tech not 2vtech. if you want to preach how good they are and bash other peoples kill stores, then go do that on your other forums man.

this might seem a little harsh, but man. i got nothing against you and i dont know you, but im getting a little annoying seeing your name pop up in every thread with nothing nice to say. and i know you are going to say that he started it by saying 2vs are worthless, but you know what this is ls1tech, and im sure he was excited. he does drive an lt1 with not too many mods. and he is pretty correct. even other 2v drivers know they aint **** to mess with unless boosted.

MAYBE im outa line here, and maybe ill get banned. my only real issue is seeing a 2v discussion pop up in every thread and the flaming is getting worse and worse here.

sorry if i offended anyone

End thread.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 323 Likes on 245 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Congrats.

I changed the Muffler Filter and picked up 12 at the wheels..

Seriously though this crap is retarded..yea it has it's entertaining value..but it's too repetative..

I agree with the quoted a few posts above. Just from going back and reading it the first thing that was negatively called out was by that guy Kevin..from what I can tell he has a history on it.
Kevin..take your 13.9 car to the VTEC website and talk some smack with them if you want to talk crap..the majority of us here are a little faster than that.

The guy smoked a Mustang..regardless of what some of you mustang guys "think" it should've done and how much you want to defend it, or dog on his car, he spanked it. Give him his props, ask a question or two, make a comment..whatever..and move on instead of sitting here giving the "but..", "if..", and any other ones related to the intent of trying to prove him wrong. Ya I can understand if it's a bullshit story call it out, but if the story makes sense then leave it alone and move on.

Ya you Mustang guys are going to catch a little **** cause you are on a GM site..live with it. I was on a Mustang site with some friends of mine(I'm an open minded person..not too biast..) and they all gave me crap about the "LT1". I didn't really care cause I didn't have my mods posted till someone asked. Then I posted them up and they were like WTF..

I was like what's up now *******..

Ya I caught the occasional **** for havign a Camaro..but on the track they knew what would happen..

Basically roll with the punches or GTFO..we aren't going into the Pony Forums and startin ****.
Must be a cooler(*cough*..faster..*cough*)crowd here..
Old 01-30-2010, 04:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by the_merv
Just from going back and reading it the first thing that was negatively called out was by that guy Kevin..
No. I suggest you go back and read again.
Kevin..take your 13.9 car to the VTEC website and talk some smack with them if you want to talk crap..the majority of us here are a little faster than that.
I've been talking smack about a 13.9 car? Really? You must have missed all the times I've called it slow.

Stop being silly.

BTW

I've been gone 2 days and people are till going on about me and the 2v.

I am sure the_merv will somehow blame me for his post above too

Also, after reading the rest of this thread... i've been replaced. Gone 2 days and there is a new punching bag in here.

BTW will vtech make my cams go faster?

Last edited by Ke^in; 01-30-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:02 AM
11 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Ke^in
No. I suggest you go back and read again.
Ok..here's what I found that got your attention..
Originally Posted by SixShooterCam
lol yeah too bad I thought the GT would have given me a harder fight, but oh well those things are worthless except the rear end and gears they come with stock
And here's the rebuttle..

You do know a stock 99 04 GT and a stock LT1 are pretty much equal The GT usually getting better 1/4 times. Would that make your LT1 even more worthless then?
The first part is easily explainable..you are on a GM Tech site with a bunch of GM guys..we all share the common belief of Ford sucks..so ya there is going to be a little crap thrown around. Pull ur skirt up and take it..or.

To the second part..that is the first personal shot..and guess who it was by..
You refrenced his car. I'm not going to break it down all Dr. Phil for ya..but you get the idea.

I am sure the_merv will somehow blame me for his post above too
What's there to blame..I'm just tellin ya and all the rest of the cryin ford guys to man up and realize what territory you are in.
We can all talk peacefully about anything..there is a good bunch of the Ford guys here with some fast stuff..and I'm sure with a wealth of knowledge.
Ya there is going to be a little friendly Ford hatred thrown around..look where you are at. The second one of you Mustang guys gets all butt-hurt over it and cries is when the ****'s going to fly..there is like 50 of us to one of you..lol

It's all good though..
Old 01-30-2010, 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

Ok..here's what I found that got your attention..
Yes, but it wasn't the first attack on the guy. That's what I was referring to. And his post was talking about a 2v Mustang. So me referring to 2v mustangs in this scenario is ok. It's on topic. You'll find most 2v talk that isn't in a thread about 2v or a reply about 2v talk, is usually NOT started by me. Not only that, I took a break like I said I was, and in those 2 days, the 2v talk never stopped. Nor did the talk about me stop. I wanted to make a point. I couldn't be blamed. I wasn't here.
The first part is easily explainable..you are on a GM Tech site with a bunch of GM guys..we all share the common belief of Ford sucks.
You'll have to tell that to the guys on here that own both Ford and GM cars. Not everyone here is so closed minded. Only the true fanboys take the "Ford vs GM" arguments seriously.
so ya there is going to be a little crap thrown around.
Who said I wasn't taking it? I am not the one complaining about it. I don't mind it at all. It seems however you are complaining about ME replying.
Pull ur skirt up and take it..or.
Don't be pretentious. You are in no position to be saying any such thing.
To the second part..that is the first personal shot..
AGAIN the first personal shot against this guy was done waay before I got into the picture.
What's there to blame..I'm just tellin ya and all the rest of the cryin ford guys to man up and realize what territory you are in.
Do you know how ridiculously silly you sound? I hope GM is paying you to act this way. Because I'd be embarrassed otherwise. BTW I have no allegiance to Ford either. There are Ford cars I love, and hate. There are GM cars I love and hate. My fave pony car as of late is a 02 WS6. I am pretty sure someone along the lines told you the story about what happens when you assume right?
Ya there is going to be a little friendly Ford hatred thrown around..look where you are at.
Understand fully. Don't mind it. But you can't get pissy if someone starts throwing around false information, and gets busted for it. I don't mind Ford/Mustang bashing as long as it's based on factual information. Not dishonest fanboyisms. And even the dishonest stuff doesn't bother me. Me, or someone else in the forum I am sure will say something if it's wrong. It seems that's what's bothering people. They don't care if their "facts" are wrong. They simply don't want to be corrected. Not that I am saying I am in any position to correct anyone. I am saying in general. I haven't read so much B.S. about Mustangs that simply isn't true in this forum that I have any other forum in a long long time. Considering I've seen those SAME PEOPLE say the exact opposite in a different situation they were in, I am going to mark it up as just trolling. Which is fine. I don't mind.
The second one of you Mustang guys gets all butt-hurt over it and cries is when the ****'s going to fly..there is like 50 of us to one of you..lol
That's another thing. This projection of yours. I haven't seen one of these "butt hurt" mustang guys you are referring to.

A mustang owner correcting someone's misinformation does not = butt-hurt.

Complaining about one doing such a thing, then projecting butt-hurtness onto them however just might be.

I hardly think my car is fast. Especially not to LS1 cars. Stock or Modded. They blow the doors off my car. Having said that, if you own a LT1, you have no reason to be acting cocky about a 99-04GT. They run the same times stock for stock in the 1/4. (And please, don't try to argue about this. Look in this thread and others earlier. People that know what they are talking about had to beat that one into SixShooter's head the past week.)

Having said that, yours looks to be modded, and is faster than a stock one. Congrats on a fast LT1. I don't see any fast LT1s around where I am. 95% of the fbodies around here, LT1 or LS1 are stock. But the other 5% are bad-assed.

And no, before you say it, I DON'T THINK MY CAR CAN TAKE YOURS. I am positive you can take my slow GT

Now we got that out of the way, can we move on?

Last edited by Ke^in; 01-30-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Holy **** you have some time on your hands..lol

Hey no prob here..I said alot of what I said to kinda throw some thing out here that most people would be and prob are thinkin. You broke it down more than I meant it..lol
I'm a very open minded person, I have alot of friends with many different kinds of cars.

Having said that, yours looks to be modded, and is faster than a stock one. Congrats on a fast LT1.
Thanks..it's far from a LT1 though..
Old 01-30-2010, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

this thread = epic fail x 10000000000000000000000000 close it down now
Old 01-30-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 13lu91rS
we have come to the conclusion that you have a hard time believing in anything that makes power with a gm.

did you ppl have picked up 15 wheel by just changing coils to the truck coils.. OMG no wayy!?

did you know that ls1's actually respond to mods... OMG.

did you know that 2v's are slow. OMG. no ******* way doood.

go put an ls motor in that mustang of yours and i bet it would go alot faster.
What art of it has nothing to do with "brand", do you not understand? You think because I prefer mustangs over Fbods that I don't like or respect GM? Nice Rediculous assumption. You obviously don't know crap about me and the ignorance yuo continue to display is absolutely hilarious. If a mustang retard tried to say he gained 10rwhp off of a catback on an n/a car I'd call billshit too. In fact, I've called bullshit on mustang guys plenty of times and there are members in here that can vouch for that. If you ventured outside of your porta potty once in a while and visited the 'other' side of svtp or mach1registry, you'd know that. hell if you paid attention to my posts in here, you'd know that.

My problem is not with GM, Fbod, Ybod, anythign not FMC/Mustang. My problem is with ignorant youth thinkin' they know everything with their biased views with never stopping to think "hmmm, this guy sounds like he's been around a while, lemme read some of his posts and do some research". 'They' spout off BS from the hip and idiotically defend it having no clue that they are making themselve look dumber and dumber with every post. You think you're the first fbod guy I've gone round with? HA!. I can think of 4-5 off the top of my head right now that was in your spot and hated my direct BS flag raising and now they advise others to pay attention cause I actually know a thing or two.

In fact......look at mervs comment below. read it a few times..you might catch on that what I'm saying has nothing to do with GM v. Ford.

And btw - WTF is this "WE" ****? No one agrees with you aside from other ignorant n00b's.
I changed the Muffler Filter and picked up 12 at the wheels..

Seriously though this crap is retarded..yea it has it's entertaining value..but it's too repetative..

I agree with the quoted a few posts above. Just from going back and reading it the first thing that was negatively called out was by that guy Kevin..from what I can tell he has a history on it.

The guy smoked a Mustang..regardless of what some of you mustang guys "think" it should've done and how much you want to defend it, or dog on his car, he spanked it. Give him his props, ask a question or two, make a comment..whatever..and move on instead of sitting here giving the "but..", "if..", and any other ones related to the intent of trying to prove him wrong. Ya I can understand if it's a bullshit story call it out, but if the story makes sense then leave it alone and move on.

Ya you Mustang guys are going to catch a little **** cause you are on a GM site..live with it. I was on a Mustang site with some friends of mine(I'm an open minded person..not too biast..) and they all gave me crap about the "LT1". I didn't really care cause I didn't have my mods posted till someone asked. Then I posted them up and they were like WTF..

I was like what's up now *******..

Ya I caught the occasional **** for havign a Camaro..but on the track they knew what would happen..

Basically roll with the punches or GTFO..we aren't going into the Pony Forums and startin ****.
Must be a cooler(*cough*..faster..*cough*)crowd here..
WTF dude? You drinkin' again?
Old 01-30-2010, 05:09 PM
11 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

****..no drinkin here..

You agreein with me or disagreein with what I posted?

I'm just wonderin..I dont have a biased opinion..but I'm throwin some of the facts of life out there..well my opinion anyways, based on what I've seen and dealt with.

Personally I don't give a **** bout it all..whoevers cool hang out..if you don't want to be carry your ***..this is us and our car hobbies..some of us have fast ****..some don't so everyone sit and learn.

Last edited by the_merv; 01-30-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

My car is slow... I mean come on, its an LT1. Hated by most, loved by few.

Hell it'll be slow with my new build

Old 01-31-2010, 01:22 AM
Teching In

Like i said pony, i was telling kevin what effect a catback had on my system, plain and simple.
You trying to refute a fact is just making you look like a dumbass, regardless of how many structured debate format posts you throw out there
And im sorry for having my username be a common name for the car i drive, i didnt realize how out of line that was in an auto forum
you should really consider not going to the beach anymore, the sandy vagina is getting old quick...

Last edited by lambaro2806; 01-31-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I will give you credit, pony, 03-04 Cobras are pure sex...

However, I admit my biased opinions.. a lot of the Mustang guys in Des Moines are straight up **** talkers to me downtown.... I get 2V guys with just a catback talking pure **** to me and saying my car is a turd and it will never beat them and then they get a rude awakening.

However, my bias is not good because not all Mustang owners are like that. I can respect any car if it is quick and the owner is humble
Old 01-31-2010, 05:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by marc97taws6

However, I admit my biased opinions.. a lot of the Mustang guys in Des Moines are straight up **** talkers to me downtown.... I get 2V guys with just a catback talking pure **** to me and saying my car is a turd and it will never beat them and then they get a rude awakening.

However, my bias is not good because not all Mustang owners are like that. I can respect any car if it is quick and the owner is humble
A 2v smack talking down to a LT1 is as stupid as a LT1 owner smack talking a 2v. They are both equally sucky stock.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:59 AM
11 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by marc97taws6

I get they where I'm at too..some 16 yr old kid with his first car thinkin it's the fastest thing in the world riding with all his high-school buddies.

I just tell them I have a Hotcam and Duals..

Quick Reply: Another race to tell you about...