Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Pulley cobalt ss vs cam ls1

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just the same as you assumed that I only ran bad drivers in 6speed ls1 fbodies and yet you post up that you never bother to tell anyone when you beat a subpar driver. I guess you don't just tell anyone, you tell the whole world by making a thread about it on a public forum. I'm sorry but that is called hypocrisy. Hell, everyone in both those threads saw that it was bullshit and that is why a mod closed your threads. you can call me an idiot, but I'm not the one with closed threads and replies asking me to jump off a cliff for gloating about beating a girl that evidently drove for ****. If it helps you sleep at night, go ahead and believe what you want.

Sorry, douchebags need to be put in their place sometimes and it was a matter of time that someone called you on your ****.

The point is that you said a race with a shitty driver isn't worth posting. Are you saying your thread racing that chick was worth posting? Answer just that.

Last edited by willizm; 02-01-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just my .02, a bone stock 6 speed ls1 isnt that fast lol. If you think it is, i feel bad for you.

The slobalt vs a bone stock 6 speed fbody will be a good run but i do give the edge to the slobalt.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hugger1975
but the ls1 goat i pulled....was by 4-5 cars.
he was also auto and i was stock at the time.
Stock LS1 A4's aren't really a good run to compare to.

From what I've seen in person around here, a stock 04 GTO A4 will run low 14s/mid 13's on average. Heat soak and torque management are big reasons why people struggle to get out of the 14's in them at the track around here. All the LS1 A4 Goat owner needs is a tune and he'll drop several tenths
Old 02-01-2011, 12:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by willizm
Just the same as you assumed that I only ran bad drivers in 6speed ls1 fbodies and yet you post up that you never bother to tell anyone when you beat a subpar driver. I guess you don't just tell anyone, you tell the whole world by making a thread about it on a public forum. I'm sorry but that is called hypocrisy. Hell, everyone in both those threads saw that it was bullshit and that is why a mod closed your threads. you can call me an idiot, but I'm not the one with closed threads and replies asking me to jump off a cliff for gloating about beating a girl that evidently drove for ****. If it helps you sleep at night, go ahead and believe what you want.

Sorry, douchebags need to be put in their place sometimes and it was a matter of time that someone called you on your ****.

The point is that you said a race with a shitty driver isn't worth posting. Are you saying your thread racing that chick was worth posting? Answer just that.
That thread wasn't locked because it was a bad story. It was locked because I posted it to start **** with stopsign.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:50 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6

From what I've seen in person around here, a stock 04 GTO A4 will run low 14s/mid 13's on average. Heat soak and torque management are big reasons why people struggle to get out of the 14's in them at the track around here. All the LS1 A4 Goat owner needs is a tune and he'll drop several tenths
Probably a really good stall too would help those goats out. I took a 6.0 out with the GF to test drive. She wanted something peppy and she thought it was just junk compared to the T/A. It had a catback and that was all. A stall would have made the difference imo
Old 02-01-2011, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by willizm
Probably a really good stall too would help those goats out. I took a 6.0 out with the GF to test drive. She wanted something peppy and she thought it was just junk compared to the T/A. It had a catback and that was all. A stall would have made the difference imo
Tune Tune Tune! And yes, a stall would definitely help it out. I'm still amazed by the difference my old car had going from stock 3.23 gears to 3.73's and a 3600 stall on an A4

I threw around the idea of getting a Goat after I sold my Trans Am but I feel they look too bland for my tastes. A car that appeals to me as "muscle" needs to not look like a Cavalier. I'm fully aware I'm driving around my mom's old Eclipse as a DD and that is a total chick car - but hey, it was free and gets 30mpg on the interstate. No complaints from me

SS/SC Cobalts do have potential, but I posted earlier in this thread from my encounter with a modded one with just a catback, 3.73's, and a 3600 stall IIRC. I do love the new LNF motors though
Old 02-01-2011, 01:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tune Tune Tune! And yes, a stall would definitely help it out. I'm still amazed by the difference my old car had going from stock 3.23 gears to 3.73's and a 3600 stall on an A4

I threw around the idea of getting a Goat after I sold my Trans Am but I feel they look too bland for my tastes. A car that appeals to me as "muscle" needs to not look like a Cavalier. I'm fully aware I'm driving around my mom's old Eclipse as a DD and that is a total chick car - but hey, it was free and gets 30mpg on the interstate. No complaints from me

SS/SC Cobalts do have potential, but I posted earlier in this thread from my encounter with a modded one with just a catback, 3.73's, and a 3600 stall IIRC. I do love the new LNF motors though
Thats an understatement for sure. Selling a t/a to drive an eclipse even though its just an LT1 is
Old 02-01-2011, 01:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

i agree.....only reason i even mentioned the ls1 goat was cuz i was stock at the time.

he made me pull over and we talked.....he was like wtf man.....lol
Old 02-01-2011, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Thats an understatement for sure. Selling a t/a to drive an eclipse even though its just an LT1 is
Freed up some cash that paid off all of my college until I graduate and had a bit to spare. Saving up for a new toy now and just focusing on getting school done first
i agree.....only reason i even mentioned the ls1 goat was cuz i was stock at the time.

he made me pull over and we talked.....he was like wtf man.....lol
Lol yeah I was in absolute shock when we brought our buddy Andy along. At first I was thinking, "Ok, ls1 a4 GTO, he should run high 13's" and he was running mid-high 14's and I was like "WTF - how?"
Old 02-01-2011, 02:45 AM
11 Second Club

Freed up some cash that paid off all of my college until I graduate and had a bit to spare. Saving up for a new toy now and just focusing on getting school done first

Lol yeah I was in absolute shock when we brought our buddy Andy along. At first I was thinking, "Ok, ls1 a4 GTO, he should run high 13's" and he was running mid-high 14's and I was like "WTF - how?"
the guys in the goat were prolly 185lb each.....so now yer talkin a 4100+lb agaisnt my 3175lb .....he was screwed from the first honk and had no clue what i had.

that was a fun race.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:41 AM
Teching In

I'd love to rock a turbo Cobalt for a DD.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:41 AM
11 Second Club

GM tune
muffler delete
nasty gear bangin driver
You have a chance beside a stock car....a lid and a tune and you're SOL

-Will
Old 02-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Teching In

Took me a second on your signature
Old 02-01-2011, 09:00 AM

funny story:
when i went to the track with my buddy in his cammed goat 420hp) . we left together, we turned and got on it. he had a passanger with him. he texted me up the road and said his passg was like wtf u gona floor it and catch him......he said he was......lol

no, im not sayin now im pullin cammed goats.
point was i got on it 1st but he had a hell of a time makin it back......

now a side by side ls2....im thinkin im not gna pull it.....but the ls1 goat i pulled....was by 4-5 cars.
he was also auto and i was stock at the time.
I'm not going to get in the middle of this argument, but I will say that it was my bad in assuming you were referring to LS1 fbodies. My G8 runs dead even with my dad's 2004 6-speed GTO from a low roll. I've raced 3 6-speed fbodies. Two of the races I got abolutely destroyed and the other was close, but still a loss to a guy that just started driving stick.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Teching In

I'm gonna need the keys to your dads GTO for a RM
Old 02-01-2011, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
I'm gonna need the keys to your dads GTO for a RM
LOL, if you think he's a bad driver...he might be. But PSM was driving for those races.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
LOL, if you think he's a bad driver...he might be. But PSM was driving for those races.
Oh I wasn't saying anyone was a bad driver... I just wanna see for myself lol
Old 02-01-2011, 09:12 AM

I would love to see what it could to at the track with someone who wasn't afraid to beat the **** out of it for a day, but it's hard enough just to get him to floor it much these days.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Took me a second on your signature

i thought it was funny, cuz its true
Old 02-01-2011, 11:35 AM
9 Second Club

Its a friggin Cobalt guys...who cares?

Why the argument? So what a mild-modded turbo 4 can run door to door with a stock F-body. The SRT-4's were doing that years ago.

Once an LS1 gets any kind mods the conversation is over.

Quick Reply: Pulley cobalt ss vs cam ls1