Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6Z06 versus ZX-14 (no vid)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C6Z06 versus ZX-14 (no vid)

I have never posted a car verse bike kill before: as you fellow riders can attest, it just wouldn't be seemly to be braggin about a car kill. But due to all the bike verse car postwhoring going on this winter, I felt I'd post this one up!
Cliffs Notes:from 60-140mph I put around 8 cars on him.

'06 ZX-14 (Muzzy M14 header/oval can, K&N, ecu controlled secondary throttle plates (aka 'flies')removed w/ Muzzy PCIII tune, 176SAE rwhp, 840lbs comb. weight)
C6Z06 ?probably stock? but with either DR's or slicks (only tread was 2 grooves down the middle) whose thrown up pebbles pelted the hell out of me when I was behind him.

I had just left town on my way home and was coming up on a newer vette - which as a rule I normally ignore while on the bike - when I notice him take the sharp righthand turn onto my favorite road at full speed with tires chirping. I spot the "Z06" emblem on the fender at the same time. Hmm. As I was heading that way anyway (also referred to as MMOB); I, too, took the turn fast only to find him just around the corner holding 1st gear at about 20mph and waiting for me. The second I matched his speed he launched.

[background: road starts out with a long uphill sweeper then flattens into a 3/4 mile straightaway with horse pasture on one side and the highway on the other.]

I left my bike in 2nd and punched it: within 1-2 seconds I'm at his bumper detachedly watching his rearend repeatedly trying to step out on him as he accellerates thru the L/H uphill sweeper. As soon as we get to the long straightaway (and I hear his exhaust get REALLY loud as he finally can go WOT) I put my blinker on and change lanes as I go to a full crouch. My turn! SEG? You bet! Rolled right by him with the inevitability of old age and rabies: no matter how bad he mighta wanted to stop them or me from afflictin him, he knew with a certainty the final outcome once they set there teeth in ya.

Hard to say how long it took to go around him: time is relative at those speeds: somewhere between 4 seconds and 2 minutes; depending on whether you were on the bike with me. lol Or figure however long it takes a Z06 to go from probably 60mph to 120+mph or a ZX14 to go from 60mph to 140+mph.

On the brakes pretty good as I approached the upcoming 90deg corner: just before I entered the corner I glanced back and the Z06 was gone! WTF? After the turn I turned around in full haste with a all-too-familiar sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach... but it was naught as it appeared. As I was searching the ditches and fields I spied him pulling around the back of a ranch house at the end of a long dirt driveway. lol bastard had me worried for nothing! My bikes got great brakes: some of the best in the industry, but damn he must have some amazing brakes to pull that stop off! hope he didnt warp a rotor or four.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Z06 didn't have the driver mod. Reason you won.. Still a kill is a kill
Old 01-27-2010, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

I ran a Zx-14 once...it went badly lol but hey we both had fun and he was down to run so who was i to deny him a kill lol
Old 01-27-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
My bikes got great brakes: some of the best in the industry, but damn he must have some amazing brakes to pull that stop off! hope he didnt warp a rotor or four.
Indeed your's does. I swapped ZX-14 calipers on my ZX-10 and it helped a bunch for track days. No fade at all and I push them at the track.

Good kill though! My dad owns a 2008 Z06 and it is damn fast considering it's a stock car, but it's no match for my ZX-10, let alone your bike.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Staging Lane

Z06 didn't have the driver mod. Reason you won.. Still a kill is a kill
LMAO!! I hope that really was a joke! That's how I read it anyway with all the bike vs car stories here lately. OP: Way to ride that thing like you stole it....good kill. I've yet to have a good street race on my bike.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Guys don't bite on Stopsign's bait! haha He couldn't wait for the ripples to subside before throwing that particular line into the water.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

I tried to once get a C6 Z06 race me on my 06 Gixxer 1k but he wouldn't.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

Odd enough I've had 2 run-ins with C6Z06's on my other bike(had two for awhile): both cruising down multi-lane boulevards in the city of Everett. Both against my last bike: 2002 Suzuki TL1000R (a V-twin) pictured below. Had tons of mods on the bike and it was a handling beast with enough grunt to hang with most older 4 cylinder liter bikes. Both 25-30mph rolls were suprising in that I didn't just blast past them like I thought I would. I pulled solidly on them, true, but I knew it might be a different story if we started at 80mph... maybe...

And of course my ZX-14:

Old 01-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

I don't like bikes really. When I was on my bikes I wish I had been in either of my cars. Weird huh?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

TL-Rs are awesome and I would love to own one. I own an RC-51 so I know all about the V-twin sportbikes. It's probably my favorite vehicle out of all of mine. My RC pulls very slowly on 600s as the speeds get higher so I think it would stay ahead of the Z06 until 120-130ish but after that it would start reeling me in. It's full bolt-ons (exhaust, airbox, -1,+1, tune) and made 132rwhp so it's pretty strong. Great track bikes for sure. Nice bikes man!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

haha unfortunately I do kinda know what you mean. My version of that feeling is a combo of being out of shape/getting a beer belly (hard earned as it may be) and being happily married w/kids and not wishing to kill myself. Still will ride: it's in the blood. Tried to give it up once: wasn't too hard a pill to swallow as long as I had my 454 '78 Z28 to play with.

Blew that 454 up, then sold the car: 2 years later neither my wife nor I could stand me grumping around and being edgy and unhappy all day long. Figured out the cause and 2 days later had a new bike! Now I got a fast car and a fast bike and will never be without both.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

Your 132rwhp sounds a bit high. Bore/stroke/head/cam? I had ported heads on my TLR (which stock already has 15+rwhp up on a RC-51) and I hit 128 & 132rwhp on 2 different dyno's. The 128 came on this dyno, but on a different dyno shootout: (I'm "Tracy ZX-14")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXS_X1zE0Js

The damned thing did have a smoking problem though!

Old 01-27-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Regular

I've always wanted a bike. But i'd kill myself. Nice bikes ya got there.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Teching In

haha unfortunately I do kinda know what you mean. My version of that feeling is a combo of being out of shape/getting a beer belly (hard earned as it may be) and being happily married w/kids and not wishing to kill myself. Still will ride: it's in the blood. Tried to give it up once: wasn't too hard a pill to swallow as long as I had my 454 '78 Z28 to play with.

With both of you 100% on this one. I've been into bikes for 10 years without a fast car and I'm tired of all the attention so my old *** is gettin a pony car shortly. I live in a city now and damn near getting killed every ride is taking it's tole.

Got a hard time sayin nice kill on this one It was over before it started and big ups on the TL man
Old 01-27-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Your 132rwhp sounds a bit high. Bore/stroke/head/cam? I had ported heads on my TLR (which stock already has 15+rwhp up on a RC-51) and I hit 128 & 132rwhp on 2 different dyno's. The 128 came on this dyno, but on a different dyno shootout: (I'm "Tracy ZX-14")

Sent you a PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

You beat the driver not the car. Put a "real" driver behind the wheel and see what happens, not someone scared to really drop it off into a low gear a really push it to the max.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:54 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by joker120
With both of you 100% on this one. I've been into bikes for 10 years without a fast car and I'm tired of all the attention so my old *** is gettin a pony car shortly. I live in a city now and damn near getting killed every ride is taking it's tole.

Got a hard time sayin nice kill on this one It was over before it started and big ups on the TL man
Weren't you the person that wanted me to buy your bike because you wanted a stang?
Old 01-28-2010, 07:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
You beat the driver not the car. Put a "real" driver behind the wheel and see what happens, not someone scared to really drop it off into a low gear a really push it to the max.
Your a bit late for this, read the second post.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Launching!

Those are some nice bikes dude
Old 01-30-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

I like the Z06 better.